I'm Major Fellman. This is Chaplain Stafford.
我是费尔曼少校。这位是斯塔福德牧师。
- Did you get stuck in the snow? - Yes, sir.
-你们被雪困住了吗? -是的,长官。
- Go have some coffee. - Thank you, sir.
-去喝点咖啡吧。 -谢谢,长官。
You have to sign for the prisoner.
你得替犯人签名。
Okay.
好的。
- In the meantime, take off the handcuffs. - Yes, sir.、
-同时,把手铐取下来。 -是的,长官。
- You?...- You had the keys.
-你?… -你有钥匙。
Maybe he left it in the truck.
也许他落在卡车上了。
No, I must have left them at the confinement site.
不,我一定是把它们落在禁闭地点了。
I'm sorry, sir, I don't have the keys.
对不起,长官,我没有钥匙。
No copy?
没有备用的?
I don't think so, sir.But they must be in Paris.
我不这么认为,长官。但它们一定在巴黎。
Okay. Somebody find a saw.
好吧。得有人去找把锯子来。
Move your arm to the right.
把你的胳膊,放右边一些。
- Are you okay, Slovik? - Yes, sir.
-你还好吗,斯洛维克? -是的,长官。
How's it going?
怎么样了?
It's almost over, sir.
快完成了,长官。
I'm sorry about this, Slovik.
我对此很抱歉,斯洛维克。
It's all right, sir.
没关系,长官。
There's no reason for you to stay here. Go get something to eat.
你们没理由守在这里。去吃点东西吧。
Yes sir. Sir, I really want to apologize.
是的,长官。长官,我真的很想道歉。
No, we're all pretty nervous this morning.
不,我们所有人今天早上,都很紧张。
Excuse me, sir.
对不起,长官。
The major said you are a chaplain?
少校说,你是个随军牧师?
That's right.
没错。
- Are you a priest? - Yes, I am.
-你是天主教神父吗? -是的,我是
The priest was sent here in case you wanted him.
神父被派来了,以便你需要他。
Oh, yes sir. I think I do.
哦,是的,长官。我想我会的。
You will hear
你会聆听...
Will you hear my confession, Father?
你愿意听我忏悔吗,神父?
Of course.
当然愿意。
Can I have a mass and communion too?
我也可以做弥撒和领圣餐吗?
I'll be with you all the time if you want.
如果你愿意,我会一直陪着你的。
Yes, sir, that would be... great. Thank you.
是的,长官,那真是…太好了。谢谢你!
How much time do I have, Father?
我还有多少时间,神父?
Around two o'clock.
两个小时左右吧。
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,长官。
- Do you feel better? - Yes, sir.
-你感觉好点了吗? -是的,长官。
I've almost gotten used to them.
我差不多都习惯了。
Is there somewhere where soldier Slovik
and I can stay like this, sergeant?
有什么地方可以让斯洛维克士兵和我这样呆在一起吗,中士?
Yes, sir. There is a room upstairs.
是的,长官。楼上有一间空房♥间。
Good. Are we done?
很好。我们做完了吗?
I was to read him the orders of the General Court-Martial,
but I imagine you've heard them a dozen times.
我要向他宣读军事法庭的命令,但我想你已经听了十几遍了。
Yes, sir, I heard.
是的,长官,我听过了。
Well, I'll forget about that for now.
You can go with Father Stafford.
好吧,我先不提那件事了。你可以和斯塔福德神父一起去了。
He has some letters for you.
他有几封信给你。
From his wife.
是你妻子寄来的。
- May I read them, Father? - Of course, we have plenty of time.
-我可以读一下吗,神父? -当然,我们有足够的时间。
I was so happy that when I woke up
我太高兴了,当我醒来时...
- Do you want to know, Father? - What?
-您想知道吗?神父? -什么?
What, Eddie? What is it?
什么,埃迪? 想说什么?
This girl was the only break I ever got in my life.
这个女孩是我生命中唯一的转机。
But now I've lost her.
但现在,我失去她了。
They just didn't let us be happy.
他们只是不让我们快乐。
Eddie, I wish I could say something that would comfort you.
埃迪,我真希望,我能说些安慰你的话。
I can't.
我不能。
I thought about these letters.
要想想这些信。
Think about your wife, huh?
要感谢你的妻子,对吗?
- That will help. - Yes, sir.
-这样会有帮助的。 -是的,长官。
I want you to do something for me today, hmm?
我想让你今天为我做件事?
What would it be, father?
是什么事?神父。
I want you to go outside...
我要你到外面去…
...and die with courage.
…带着勇气去赴死。
- Will you be with me, Father? - I will be by your side.
-你会和我在一起吗,神父? -我会在你身边的。
OK, then I'll be fine.
好吧,那我就没事了。
- I just thought of something. - What is it?
-我刚想到了一些事儿。 -是什么?
Well, I'm having a time that
我毕竟有过一段美好时光,
many guys don't have it.
许多人都还没有过呢。
You understand,
they are allowing me to sit here and talk to you.
你要明白,他们允许我坐在这里,和你谈话。
I know what will happen to me.
我知道,我会有什么下场。
I mean, I know I'm going to die in a few minutes.
我是说,我知道,再过几分钟,我就要死了。
But on the front line, we never know when it will happen.
但在前线,我们永远不知道,什么时候会发生。
But it is...
但这是...
I don't know...
我不知道...
that moves us.
驱使着我们。
I think that's really...what I couldn't bear.
我认为,这真的…是我无法忍♥受的。
Not knowing.
不知会发生什么。
How much time is left now, Father?
还剩多少时间,神父?
There's still a little bit left.
There's still a little bit left.
还有一会儿。还有一会儿。
My hands are numb, Father.
我的手在发麻,神父。
The Lord...
您是否...
met with the boys from the firing squad?
您是否见过了行刑队的小伙子们?
Try.
见过了。
What are they like?
他们都长得什么样?
I mean, how do they feel about it?
我想问,他们对这件事,是怎么想的?
They're following orders, Eddie.
他们是奉命行事,埃迪。
They would rather be somewhere else this morning.
今天早上,他们宁愿去别的地方。
They have a job to do.
And they will do it to the best of their ability.
他们有工作要做。他们会尽其所能去做。
Tell them I have nothing against them. Will you, Father?
告诉他们,我对他们没有意见。你愿意吗,神父?
Oh, sure. Right.
哦,当然。非常正确。
And could you please ask them to shoot accurately,
so that I don't have to suffer?
你能不能让他们射准点儿,这样,我就不用受罪了?
- And father... - What?
-还有神父... -什么?
I want you to speak to the boys of the regiment
that Eddie Slovik was not a coward,
我要你跟团里的人说,埃迪·斯洛维克不是懦夫,
at least not today.
至少今天不是。
Will you tell them, Father?
你会跟他们说吗?神父。
Do you think I should shave, Father?
你觉得,我该刮胡子了吗?神父。
What is this?
这是什么?
What do you think it is? It's the firing squad.
还能是什么?这个给行刑队准备的军♥火♥。
For these and all the sins I cannot remember,
I ask for penance and absolution from you, Father.
对于这些以及所有我不记得的罪行,我请求您的忏悔和宽恕,神父。
- For your penance,pray a rosary. - Okay, Father,I will pray.
-忏悔时,手捻♥着念珠背诵《玫瑰经》吧。 -好的,神父,我会祈祷的。
I'll help you, Eddie.
我会帮助你的,埃迪。
OK, father.
好的,神父。
Pray a good act of contrition.
祈祷你在悔罪中,表现良好。
Oh my God, I am truly sorry for having offended You
哦,我的上帝,我真的很抱歉冒犯了你,
and I detest all my sins because of Your just punishments
我憎恨我所有的罪,因为你公正的惩罚,
but above all because they offended Him,
但最重要的是,因为它们冒犯了 他,
God is supremely good and deserving of all my love.
上帝是至高无上的善良,值得我所有的爱。
I firmly resolve, with the help of your Grace,
我下定决心,在上帝的仁慈的帮助下,
to sin no more
and to avoid the proximity of the occasion to sin.
不再犯罪并避免犯罪的机会。
Go in peace. God bless you.
平平安安地走吧。愿上帝保佑你。
Thank you, Father.
谢谢神父。
Sergeant!
中士!
The sergeant is going to say mass.
这位士兵要做弥撒了。
In the name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
奉圣父,圣子,圣灵之名。
Am m.
阿门。
The lieutenant and I will load your weapons
while you are out of the room.
中尉和我会在你们离开房♥间的时候,给你们的武器上膛。
We're going to use a blank bullet,
我们将会装上一颗空子弹,
so that there is a reasonable doubt
in the head of each of you...
所以,你们每个人的头脑中,都有一个合理的怀疑...
whether or not they participated in
the actual execution of the prisoner.
他们是否参与了对犯人的实际处决。
Any questions? Wait upstairs.
还有什么问题吗? 上楼等待。
What are you thinking?
你在想什么?
I don't know.
我不知道。
Wondering if I'll get the blank, I guess.
我想知道,我能不能得到那颗空弹。
电影精选列表