你的车,有什么问题吗?
- It worked perfectly! - It's wonderful!
-它开着还挺不错的! -那就太好了!
I think I should tell you how grateful I am...
我想我应该告诉你我有多感激…
for writing to the Commission and getting me this job.
感谢你给委员会写信,帮我得到这份工作。
It was nothing!
这真没什么!
You didn't even know me.You really took a risk.
你甚至都不认识我。你真的很冒险。
Well, if anyone has to regret it,I'm afraid it's going to be you.
如果有人要后悔的话,恐怕也该是你了。
Fifty cents an hour is not a big deal.
每小时50美分,没什么大不了的。
And you will earn every penny.
你会赚到每一分钱的。
Joe Sorelli.
我是乔.索瑞利。
How are you, sir? Eddie Slovik.
你好吗?先生?我是埃迪.斯洛维克。
Antoinette thinks I'm a man who's very attached to money.
安托瓦内特认为,我是个很看重金钱的人。
But if you work hard,I can give you a raise.
但如果你努力工作,我可以给你加薪。
Do you have any objection to digging ditches?
你反对挖沟吗?
-No sir. I'll do anything. - Good!
-不,先生。我愿意做任何事。 -很好!
Plumbing is a job that gets you all dirty, but you earn well.
管道是一份让你浑身脏兮兮的工作,但你会赚得很好。
So when can you start?
那你什么时候,能来上班?
Whenever you want.
随时听您安排。
Well, now is as good a time as any.
好吧,现在是最好的时机。
Let's go upstairs, I'll get you some overalls.
我们上楼吧,我给你拿件工作服。
You're the accountant,we can give this
young man an advance on his salary?
你是会计,我们可以预支这个年轻人的工资吗?
I'll do some calculations.
我来计算一下。
She thinks she runs this place.
她以为,她是这里的老板。
The problem is that she actually drives.
问题是,她真的会开车。
Let's go!
我们走!
Oh, sorry. Thank you. Bye sis.
哦,对不起。谢谢你。 再见,姐姐。
He told me he fell in love the first time he saw me.
他告诉我,他第一次见到我就爱上我了
You know, it's funny but I think I already knew.
这很有趣,但我想,我已经知道了。
Eddie became so useful that he got
a raise every two or three weeks.
埃迪变得非常有用,每两三个星期就会得到加薪。
He went from 0.50 to 1.50 an hour,
earning 50% more for overtime.
他的工资从每小时0.5美元涨到了1.5美元,加班费多了50%。
But he wasn't much of a late-worker.
但他不是个拖沓的人。
He told me it interfered with flirting.
他告诉我,这妨碍了调情。
Excuse me.
对不起。
I will add it to your account.
我会把它,记在你的账上。
OK thanks.
好吧,多谢。
Here it is.
给你满上。
Thanks.
谢谢。
How did you get into trouble?
你是怎么惹上麻烦的?
Well, I was a helper at a drugstore in Detroit
嗯,我在底特律的一家药店帮忙,
I got some gum, candy and other stuff.
我搞到了一些口香糖,糖果和其它的东西。
and, well I used to pick up some change every now and then.
嗯,顺便,我过去经常挣一些零花钱。
I was arrested for embezzlement.
我因挪用公♥款♥,而被捕。
Cheers!
喝酒吧!
Very?
很多吗?
From 6 months to 10 years.
从6个月到10年。
- No, I meant cash. - Well, um...
-不,我是说现金。 -那么,嗯…
The amount in the complaint was $59.60.
诉状中的金额为,59.60美元。
- How old were you? - Seventeen.
-你那时多大? -17岁。
Bullets, gum, and cigarettes.I was a big outlaw.
子弹、口香糖和香烟。我是一个亡命之徒。
- And he was imprisoned for a year? - No, nine months.
-你当年被监禁了一年? -不,九个月。
But I was really smart...
但我真的很聪明…
As soon as I left I started hanging out with the guys, and...
我一放出来,就开始和朋友们出去混,然后…
well, one night we all got drunk...
一天晚上,我们都喝醉了…
and we stole a car.Just to drive around.
我们还偷了一辆车。只是开着车四处转转。
Well, we skidded on the ice and hit a building.
我们的车轮,在冰面上打滑了,撞到一座房♥子。
I wasn't driving or anything, but I gave in.
根本不是我开的车,但我承认了。
And this time I got three years.
这次,我被判了三年。
But it's over, I swear, it's over.
但都结束了,我发誓,都结束了。
Now I only drink two of these at most.
现在,我最多,只喝两杯。
Why?
为什么?
Well, where I lived you did what your friends did.
在我住的地方,我和我邻居们都差不多。
Everyone was dropping out of school, so I dropped out of school.
所有人都辍学了,所以我也辍学了。
Everyone's parents were unemployed.
每个人的父母都失业了。
You know, the Depression and all
that. And there was never enough money.
你知道,大萧条期间会怎么样的。而且钱总是不够用。
And now?
现在呢?
Do you know what Mr. Ernhardt from the reformatory told me?
你知道,教养所的恩哈特先生,跟我说了什么吗?
- No. - He told me to find a job and a good woman.
- 不知道。 - 他让我找个工作,找个好女人。
For now I've found work...
现在,我找到了工作...
- I'm really having a great time with you. - Me too.
-我和你在一起,真的很开心。 -我也是。
When I was 3 years old I had to have surgery because
I was born with crooked legs.
当我三岁的时候,我不得不做手术,因为我生来就有弯曲的腿。
Oh.
哦。
The way they do it is to break their legs in
four different places, and then they straighten them.
他们的做法是,在四个不同的位置,打断腿骨,然后他们把它们拉直。
It must have been horrible.
这一定很可怕。
I was only 3 years old and I don't remember.
我当时只有三岁,我不记得了。
But I still feel pain,even now, you know.
但我仍然感到痛苦,直到现在,这你懂的。
- Here. - Oh, thank you.
-给你。 -哦,谢谢你。
When I was in jail I used to work at the furniture store...
我在监狱里的时候,曾为一个家具店工作...
and I used to take alcohol and rub it on my legs to ease the pain,
我曾经把酒精擦在腿上,以缓解疼痛,
and everyone thought he used it to get drunk.
而大家都认为,我是用来过酒瘾。
How did you hurt your leg?
你的腿是怎么受伤的?
Oh, I was born with one leg shorter than the other.
哦,我生来一条腿比另一条短。
I don't care.
我不介意。
And when I was twelve, I had polio.
我12岁的时候,得了小儿麻痹症。
- Well - Is it here?
-嗯。 -到了吗?
Try.
是的。
Have your parents already paid off the loan?
你父母已经还清贷款了吗?
You won't believe it, I've never been in a house
that belonged to the people who lived there.
你不会相信的,我从来没有去过,属于住在那里的人的房♥子。
Do you want to come in?
你想进去看看吗?
No, maybe next time.
不了,也许,下次吧。
It was really great, thank you.
今晚真的很愉快,谢谢。
- Good evening. - Good evening.
-晚安。 -晚安。
No!
嘿!
Oh, thank you!
哦,谢谢你!
Do you want to go to the movies again
tomorrow night? The movie will change.
明天晚上,你还想去看电影吗?会有新电影上演的。
- Oh! I already have an appointment.
- I'm going to marry you.
-哦!我已经有约了。 -我要娶你。
- What? - I'm going to marry you!
-啥? -我要娶你!
- Did she agree to this? - No sir, not yet. But she will.
-她同意了吗? -没有,先生,还没有。但她会的。
Eddie, look at the facts.She's older than you.
埃迪,看看现实。她比你大。
She has a better education,she earns more money.
她受过更好的教育,赚更多的钱。
- I know, I'm just getting started.
- You have nothing in common.
-我知道,我才刚刚开始。 -你们毫无共同之处。
Is this the basis for a good marriage?
这是美满婚姻的基础吗?
I don't know, sir.
我不知道,先生。
But... I really love her.
但是…我真的很爱她。
Eddie, I'm your parole officer.
埃迪,我是你的假释官。
It's my job to keep you out of trouble.
我的工作就是,让你远离麻烦。
I'm sure she's an excellent woman.
我相信她是个优秀的女人。
Maybe too good.
也许太好了。
You two live different lives.
你们两个过着不同的生活。
That's what I mean, Mr.
我也有同感,先生。
I want to live her life from now on, she is really good to me.
我想从此过她那样的生活,她对我真的很好。
Why don't you let a little time pass?Think about it.
你为什么不过些时候,再考虑呢?考虑好了再说。
I'm sorry, sir. I've already made up my mind.
对不起,先生。我已经下定决心了。
Okay.
好吧。
- But I have to meet her. - OK.
-但我得去见她。 -可以。
-And she has to agree to us investigating her background.
-Right.
- 而且,她必须同意,我们调查她的背景。 -没错。
And then you two will hear from us in the mail.
然后,你们俩就会收到我们的邮件。
Thank you very much, sir.
非常感谢,先生。
Eddie, no!
埃迪,等一下!
Aren't you putting the cart before the horse?
你不是本末倒置了吗?
- Sir? - We can say yes, but what about the girl?
—先生? -我们可以答应,但那女孩怎么办?
Oh, don't worry! She'll agree!She doesn't know yet.
哦,别担心!她会同意的!她还不知道呢。
Edward Donald Slovik?
爱德华.唐纳德.斯洛维克?
Yes, ma'am.
是我,夫人。
You served two sentences in the Michigan State Reformatory.
你在密歇根州立教♥养♥院♥,服过两次刑。
- Yes, ma'am. - So why are you here?
-是的,夫人。 -那你为什么来这里?
电影精选列表