以及对除执法人员以外的任何成员,进行强制性质询的权利。
You are charged with violating the 58th article of war:
你被指控违反了第58条战争条款:
desertion to avoid dangerous duty.
逃避危险的职责。
The two specifications are Elbeuf and Rocherath.
两项具体罪行发生在,埃尔伯夫和罗赫拉特两地。
How does the accused plead?
被告如何辩护?
Not guilty for each of the specifications,
in the same way as for the general accusation.
我们对每一项具体行为,都进行无罪辩护边,就像对一般指控一样。
The prosecution will call its first witness.
控方将传召第一位证人。
We heard from the commander of Company G,
我们听取了来自G连指挥官,
a non-commissioned officer
who was present in the Elbeuf episode,
一位在埃尔伯夫事件现场的士官,
the cook and two other officers.
一位厨师和两名其他军官的证词。
Slovik's confession was admitted
into evidence without objection.
斯洛维克的书面供词被采纳为,无异议的证据。
No, I won't do that.
不,我不想那么做。
The accused understands his rights as a witness,
but chose to remain silent.
被告明白他作为证人的权利,但选择保持沉默。
However, the defense requests that the law enforcement
representative inform the accused of his rights.
但是,辩方要求执法代表告知被告,他的权利。
Lieutenant.
中尉。
Private Slovik, you have the legal right to:
二等兵斯洛维克,你有合法权利:
1) be sworn in as a witness and testify on his own behalf,
and so you will be subject to interrogation.
1)宣誓作证,为自己作证,所以你将接受审讯。
2) make an unsworn statement,
in which you cannot be interrogated.
2)做一份不宣誓的陈述,这样你就不会被审问。
3) remain silent. In this case,
no inference of guilt or innocence will be drawn by the court.
3)保持沉默。在这种情况下,法♥院♥不会作出有罪或无罪的推论。
Take your time, soldier.
请仔细考虑,二等兵。
Consult your lawyer.Decide what you want to do.
咨♥询♥你的律师。决定你想做什么。
Did you understand everything, Eddie?
你都明白了吗,埃迪?
- What's up? - I'll remain silent.
-怎么了? -我会保持沉默。
The defense is over.
辩护结束。
We found Private Slovik guilty of both specifications.
我们发现,二等兵斯洛维克两项具体行为,都被认为有罪。
As well as the accusation.
因此,指控成立。
Another secret vote was taken for the sentence.
对这一判决进行了另一次秘密投票。
Well, it's unanimous,gentlemen. Death.
那么,这是全体投票结果,先生们,死刑。
I have no objections, I suggest we stretch our legs,
let's smoke a cigarette and take a second vote.
我不反对,我建议我们伸展一下筋骨,抽根烟,然后再投票。
He had confessed. He fled his obligations as a sniper,
and declared that he would flee again.
他已经坦白了。他逃避了作为狙击手的责任,并宣称,
他将再次逃跑。
Death.
死刑。
Since the division was in the midst of a bloody battle,
and suffering many casualties,
由于这个师正在进行一场血战,且伤亡惨重,
We didn't think we had the right to let him get away with it.
我们认为,我们没有权利,让他逍遥法外。
Death.
死刑。
Death.
死刑。
Gentlemen, we will have to live
with this for the rest of our lives.
先生们,我们将用我们的余生,来得承受这一切了。
Let's take a third vote.
让我们进行第三次投票。
Again the third vote was unanimous.
第三次投票还是一致通过。
Death.
死刑。
Private Eddie D. Slovik, these are the decisions of this court:
二等兵埃迪D.斯洛维克,以下是本法庭的判决:
On specification one of the charge: guilty.
被控告的其第一项具体行为被认为:有罪。
On item two of the charge: guilty.
被控告的其第二项具体行为被认为:有罪。
On the charge: guilty.
对于所受到的控告:罪名成立。
You are hereby sentenced to be dishonorably discharged,
因此,你将被开除军籍,
to lose the right to any payment
and travel expenses that have not yet been agreed upon,
失去任何尚未达成协议的报酬和旅行费用的权利,
and to be executed by shotgun fire.
并要被执行枪决。
This court now adjourns.
本庭现在休庭。
We will file an appeal.
我们将提起上诉。
Honestly, I don't think a single member of the court,
really believed that Slovik would be executed.
说实话,我觉得,法庭上没有一个人,真的相信,斯洛维克会被处决。
I know I didn't believe.I had no reason to believe.
我知道,我当时并不相信。我那时没有理由去相信。
I knew what the practice had been.
我知道,诉讼程序就是这样进行的。
I thought the sentence would be reduced.
我以为会减刑。
I'm not saying
this is what I thought was supposed to happen.
我不想说,这是我当时认为,会发生的事。
I say this is what I felt was going to happen.
我现在说,这就是我当时觉得,会发生的事。
And I thought that after the war was over,
maybe two or three years,Slovik would be a free man.
我以为战争结束后,也许还要等两三年,斯洛维克就会成为一个,
自♥由♥的人。
December 9, 1944
1944年十二月9日。
"Caro Gal. Eisenhower:I, Eddie D. Slovik,
“至卡罗·盖尔·艾森豪威尔:我,名叫埃迪D·斯洛维克,
I was sentenced by the Court Martial to be executed for desertion.
我被军事法庭以逃兵罪判处死刑。
I have nothing against the United States military.
我对美国♥军♥队没有任何不满。
I just wanted to be transferred from the front line.
我只是想调职,从前线下来。
I was afraid of dangerous tasks,
and afraid because of my nerves.
我害怕危险的任务,害怕是因为我的神经紧张。
I will admit that I am very nervous,
我承认我很紧张,
and without a doubt in my way of thinking we all are."
毫无疑问,我认为,我们大家都很紧张。”
As a division judge attorney, I
was the first law review authority.
作为一名分区庭审律师,我是法律审查的第一权威。
The FBI provided me with
Private Slovik's civilian criminal record.
联邦调查局给了我斯洛维克二等兵的民事犯罪记录。
It was one of the reasons I did not recommend clemency.
这也是我不建议宽大处理的原因之一。
General Cota, commander of the 28th division,
approved the sentence.
第28师师长科塔将军批准了这一判决。
I suppose I was the first to believe he would be executed.
我想,我是第一个相信,他会被处决的人。
But if I hadn't signed,
如果我不签字,
if he had let Slovik accomplish his purpose,
如果我让斯洛维克达成了他的目的,
So I don't know how I could go to the
front line and face a good soldier.
那样的话,我怎么能去前线,面对一个优秀的士兵。
"I assume you have my criminal record.
“我想,您能得到我的犯罪记录。
After being released from prison,
I was given probation for 2 years.
在离开监狱后,我被判处两年的监外考察期。
In that 2 year period I got a good job.
在这两年里,我找到了一份好工作。
I have a great wife now and a good home too."
我现在有了一个很好的妻子和一个很好的家。”
I was with the Military Justice Section in Paris,
我在巴黎的军事司法部门工作,
directed by General Betts,
由贝茨将军领导,
the closest legal authority to General Eisenhower.
他是最接近艾森豪威尔将军的法律权威。
My responsibility was to read and review cases
to analyze legal sufficiency.
我的职责是阅读和回顾案例,分♥析♥合乎法律上的充分性。
"There was no recommendation for clemency in this case,
and therefore no clemency is here recommended."
“在这个案件中,没有建议宽大处理,因此,这里不建议宽大处理。”
I think that settles the matter, doesn't it?
我想事情就这么解决了,不是吗?
Unless they reverse my decision.
除非他们改变我的决定。
Why? Do you think he deserves clemency?
为什么? 你认为他值得宽大处理吗?
I don't know, Frank.
我不知道,弗兰克。
But I bet the court that sentenced him
assumed he would not be executed.
但我敢打赌,判他死刑的法庭并不认为,他会被处决。
Isn't that a dangerous assumption?
这不是一个危险的假设吗?
If able-bodied soldiers know that they can avoid
dangerous missions,how do you make a war?
如果身体健全的士兵知道,他们可以避免危险的任务,你还怎么打仗?
Don't give me that,Frank! Able-bodied men
have avoided dangerous missions over the years.
别跟我胡扯,弗兰克!多年来,许多身强力壮的人都避免了危险的任务。
- We do not execute any of them. -Maybe it's time to start.
-我们枪毙了他们中的任何一个吗? -也许,这就是开头。
Well, I suppose that makes things easier,
the fact that he is a confirmed criminal.
那就列出他是一名惯犯的事实,这样事情就简单多了。
He is not. He was a petty delinquent.
他不是。他是个小罪犯。
The naughty, rebellious type. Many of them make good soldiers.
出身贫穷,顽皮、叛逆的类型。他们中的许多人,都能成为好士兵。
I thought his criminal record was against him.
我以为,他的犯罪记录会对他不利的。
How did you find that?
It wasn't even mentioned at the Court Martial.
你是怎么发现的?在军事法庭上都没提过。
This has nothing to do with the topic. You know that.
这与主题无关。你知道的。
All the other authorities who did the review know this.
I mean...
所有其他进行审查的法律权威,都知道这一点。我是说...
Your criminal record didn't influence me.
你提出的利用犯罪记录,对我没有影响。
- And the others? - They will have to speak for themselves.
-其他人呢? -他们必须为自己说话。
"How can I tell you how humbly
I regret the sins I have committed?
“我怎么能告诉你,我是多么谦卑地后悔我所犯的罪呢?
I deeply and sincerely implore you, for the sake of my
dear wife and those who are at home, have mercy on me.
我深切而真诚地恳求你,看在我亲爱的妻子和家中老母的份上,
饶了我吧。
As far as I know, I have a clean record.
since my marriage, and as a soldier.
据我所知,自从我结婚后,当了一名军人,我没有犯罪记录。
I would like to continue being a good soldier.
我想继续做一名好士兵。
I look forward to your reply,
which I sincerely pray will be favorable.
我期待着你的回复,我真诚地祈祷,希望这祈祷将是有用的。
God bless you and your work for victory.
上帝保佑你,和你为了胜利,所做的努力。
In expressing my most sincere regards for the victory,
Private Eddie D. Slovik, ASN 36896♥4♥15.
我对胜利表达最诚挚的敬意,二等兵埃迪D.斯洛维克,
美军士兵编号♥:36896♥4♥15。
Private Slovik has just arrived.
二等兵斯洛维克已经来了。
Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
是的,长官。谢谢您,长官。
I'll call you back in a few hours. Yes, sir.
我过几个小时,再打电♥话♥给您。是的,长官。
Private Slovik?
二等兵斯洛维克?
Yes sir.
是,长官。
At will.
稍息。
电影精选列表