你们还是想回到本国人身边,对吧?
It's about time, isn't it?
也该回去了,不是吗?
We better get started soon if we want these potatoes
be ready for dinner.
如果我们想让这些土豆做成晚饭的话,我们最好快点开始。
Eddie was going back to war,the thing he feared most.
埃迪又要去打仗了,那是他最害怕的事。
But he was still concerned about
doing those potato pancakes for your friends.
但他还是专心于,给这些朋友做土豆煎饼。
How can you kill a guy like that?
你怎么能忍♥心,枪毙一个像他那样的人?
We reported to the regimental barracks.
我们到团部营房♥报到。
We had been considered missing or
absent without authorization from the unit's records.
在部队的记录中,我们被认为是,失踪或擅自缺勤。
But no charges had been filed.
但目前,还没有提出指控。
They sent us directly to G company.
他们直接把我们送到了G连。
Privates Feedek and Slovik reporting for duty.
二等兵费德克和斯洛维克前来报到。
- You boys were lost for a while, weren't you? - Yes sir.
-你们掉队了一段时间,是吗? -是的,长官。
Don't call me sir. Call me sergeant.
Haven't you learned that yet?
别叫我长官。叫我中士。你们还没学会吗?
- Yes, Sergeant. - Come this way.
-是的,中士。 -这边走。
Let me tell you something before you see the captain.
在你们见上尉之前,我告诉你们一件事。
A lot of guys think the war is over.
很多人认为战争结束了。
It's not over. For this unit, it's just beginning.
事情还没有结束。对于这支部队来说,它才刚刚开始。
You boys are inexperienced.
你们这些小伙子还没有经验。
If you listen to your colleagues
you might stay alive for a while.
如果你听同事的话,你可能还能多活一段时间。
But as long as you are breathing,
We expect you to serve as soldiers, is that clear?
但只要你们还活着,我们就希望你们成为战士,明白了吗?
Yes, Sergeant.
是的,中士。
Try?
什么事?
- Those two substitutes are here, sir. - Bring them in.
-那两名补充兵员到了,长官。 -让他们进来。
Privates Feedek and Slovik have reported for duty, sir.
二等兵费德克和斯洛维克前来报到,长官。
At will.
稍息。
- Have you eaten yet? - Yes, sir.
-你吃过了吗? -是的,长官。
I... will not give a pep talk.
我…不会鼓舞你们的士气的。
I will simply say that this is good company.
我只想说,这是一支优秀连队。
All we hope is that you will go to the battlefield,
and drive out the damn enemies, so we can all go home.
我们只希望你们能上战场,赶走那些该死的敌人,那样,我们就都能回家了。
I'm assigning you two to 4th platoon. Sergeant,
will lead you to your platoon later. Dismissed.
我要把你们俩分配到第四排。中士稍后会带你们,去你们的排。解散。
- Excuse me, sir. - Yes.
-对不起,长官。 -什么事。
I have something to tell you.
我有事要告诉您。
I'm very nervous and I'm very afraid to serve
in a rifle company, sir.
我很紧张,我很害怕在步♥枪♥连服役,长官。
- What? - I would really appreciate it
if I could be kept in the rear.
-什么? -如果能把我留在后方,我会很感激的。
- What's your name, soldier? - Slovik, sir. Eddie Slovik.
-你叫什么名字? -斯洛维克,长官。埃迪.斯洛维克。
Private Slovik, you will report to the 4th platoon
and I'll forget we ever had this conversation.
二等兵斯洛维克,你去第四排报到,我就当我们没谈过这事。
I wouldn't do a good job there, sir. I'm too nervous.
我在那里可能会做不好,长官。我太紧张了。
After we were cornered in Elbeuf,
I don't think I'll ever be able to shoot again, sir.
我们在埃尔伯夫被逼入绝境后,我想,我再也不能开枪了,长官。
Soldier, this is not easy for anyone,
士兵,这对任何人来说都不容易,
especially for those on the front line,
尤其是对那些在前线的人,
but I can't make exceptions,
但我不能破例,
or give special treatment. You know that.
或者给予特殊待遇。这你是知道的。
Well then, I'll run away, sir.
那这样,我会逃跑的,长官。
Soldier, I am giving you an order for your arrest.
士兵,我现在下令,逮捕你。
Report to your platoon!
到你的排去报到!
Eddie, Eddie. Come on! Let's go!
艾迪,艾迪。来吧!我们走吧!
Sir, we have been with the Canadians for a while,
in the 13th Military Police Corps.
长官,我们和加拿大人在一起有一段时间了,在第13宪兵团。
And the way I see it, I had to be here.
在我看来,我必须在这里。
So I can be judged for being "absent without permission"?
这样我就能被判“未经允许擅自缺勤”了吗?
I don't know, I would have to check.
我不知道,我得查一下。
Well, if I leave now,would that be desertion?
好吧,如果我现在离开,那算是逃兵吗?
Without a doubt!
毫无疑问!
Well, I guess that's what I'll have to do, sir.
好吧,我想我只能这么做了,长官。
Soldier, report to your platoon! This is an order!
士兵,去向你的排报告!这是命令!
I'm sorry sir, I can't!
对不起,长官,我不能!
Soldier, you better stop your friend.
士兵,你最好阻止你的朋友。
He's getting himself into some very serious trouble.
他给自己惹上了大♥麻♥烦了。
Yes, captain.
是的,上尉。
Eddie, Eddie, come back! You don't want to do this.
埃迪,埃迪,回来!你不会想这么做的。
- I know what I'm doing, Jimmy. - Eddie.
-我知道我在做什么,吉米。 -埃迪。
Eddie, times.
埃迪,回来吧。
That was the last time I saw him.
那是我最后一次见到他。
A month later I was hit by shrapnel in the Hurtgen Forest,
and they kept me in a hospital for almost a year.
一个月后,我在赫特根森林被弹片击中,他们让我在医院住了将近一年。
It was only in 1953 that I learned what had happened to him.
直到1953年,我才知道,他发生了什么事。
I couldn't believe it.
我简直不敢相信。
Even after all that time,
that made me feel really bad for two days.
即使过了那么久,想起这事,也会让我有两天,感觉很糟糕。
I was recruited as a cook that day,
for the detachment of military authorities, 112th infantry.
那天,我被征召为第112步兵团的一名厨师。
It was around 8:30 in the morning.
那是早上八点半左右。
This guy came close to where the food was.
这个家伙走到了离食物很近的地方。
He looked at me as if he had spent
the night sleeping outside in nature.
他看着我,就好像他在野外睡了一夜似的。
Good morning!
早上好!
Can I have some of these eggs?
我能吃一些鸡蛋吗?
That's what they're there for.
这就是它们存在的意义。
Thanks.
谢谢。
I'll give you a hand with the cleaning if you want.
如果你愿意,我可以帮你收拾打扫。
For what?
为了什么?
I don't know, it looks like you might need some help,
doesn't it?
我不知道,看起来你可能需要帮助,不是吗?
Yes, I think so.
是的,我想是的。
What is your name?
你叫什么名字?
- Brockmeyer. - I'm Slovik.
-布罗克梅尔。 -我是斯洛维克。
Nice to meet you.
很高兴,见到你。
- Can you do me a favor? - Yes.
-你能帮我个忙吗? -可以。
Can you deliver this to someone on my behalf?
你能帮我把这个,交给别人吗?
What did you give me this for?
你给我这个干什么?
Give it to an officer. He will know what to do with it.
把它交给军官。他会知道该怎么做的。
Look, Slovik.
听着,斯洛维克。
Why don't you tear this up and go back to your unit?
你为什么不把它撕了,滚回你的部队去?
I think you'd better hand it over to someone.
我想你最好,把它交给别人。
You must be crazy. They're going to arrest you.
你一定是疯了。他们会逮捕你的。
I know.
我知道。
You, go call the lieutenant!
你,去叫中尉!
He must be signing the morning report.
他肯定在签晨报。
Or hurry!
快去!
I, Private Eddie D. Slovik,
我,二等兵埃迪·D·斯洛维克,
I confess to desertion from the United States Army.
我承认我从美国陆军逃跑了。
At the time of my desertion we were in Elbeuf, France.
我逃跑的时候,是在我们抵达法国的埃尔伯夫。
I came to Elbeuf as a replacement.
我来埃尔伯夫,是作为补充兵员。
They were bombing the city,
and we were told to dig trenches at night.
敌人当时在轰炸这座城市,我们被告知要在夜间挖战壕。
The next morning they we’re bombing us again.
第二天早上,敌人又来轰炸我们。
I was so scared, nervous and shaking that when
the other substitutes started leaving I couldn't move.
我非常害怕,紧张,浑身发抖,当其他替补队员开始离开时,
我却动弹不得。
I stayed there in that hole until everything
was calm and I was able to move.
我一直呆在那个洞里,直到一切都平静下来,我才可以动弹。
The next morning I turned myself in to
the Canadian Military Police.
第二天早上,我把我自己交给了加拿大宪兵。
After that I told my story to my commander.
之后,我把我的经历告诉了我的指挥官。
I said that if I had to go to the
battlefield again I would run away.
我说,如果再让我上战场,我就逃跑。
He said there was nothing he could do. So I ran away again.
他说他无能为力。所以我又逃跑了。
and I will run away again if I have to go back there.
如果我必须回到那里,我会再次逃跑的。
Signed: Private Eddie D. Slovik, ASN 36896♥4♥15".
签名:士兵埃迪D.斯洛维克,美国士兵编号♥36896♥4♥15”。
- Are you Slovik? - Yes, sir.
-你就是斯洛维克? -是的,长官。
Are you sure you want us to keep this?
你确定,要我们保留着这个吗?
Yes sir.
确定,长官。
Do you have any idea how damaging
a written confession can be?
你知道,书面供词的危害有多大吗?
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
I'll tell you something.
我告诉你一件事。
Why don't you take this statement and destroy it?
你为什么不把这份证词销毁呢?
No, sir, I can't
不,长官,我不能。
That's right.
那好吧。
Can you read this, soldier?
你能读出这个吗,士兵?
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
电影精选列表