我说:“先生,我妻子做的排骨和酸菜,是全密歇根州迪伯恩最棒的。”
"And if you want to be invited to our house,
at least two or three times a week...
“如果你想被邀请到我们家,每周至少两到三次…
You better offer me a well-paying job."
…你最好给我一份高薪的工作。”
Oh, Eddie, you're crazy!
哦,艾迪,你简直疯了!
My head was spinning. There was an opening for
shipping department employee paying 1.40 per hour.
我头晕目眩。当时有一个运输部门的职位空缺,每小时工资1.40美元。
And he actually gave me the job.
而我就真,得到了那个职位。
- Did he give you the job?
- He gave me the job paying 1.40 an hour!
-他给你这份工作了吗? -他给了我这份工作,每小时工资1.4美元!
- He gave you the job? - He gave me the job!
-他给了你这份工作? -他给了我这份工作!
Eddie!
埃迪!
Wake up, there's a lot of work to be done. Moving day!
醒醒,还有很多事要做呢。今天要搬家了!
Happy wedding anniversary.
结婚纪念日快乐。
For you too.
你也快乐。
Our first wedding anniversary was very special.
我们的第一个结婚纪念日,很特别。
We had just rented a new house,
on the top floor of a two-story house.
我们刚租了一所新房♥子,在一栋两层楼房♥的顶层。
And that was the morning we were moving.
那是我们搬家的那天早上。
Honey, the truck is coming!
亲爱的,卡车来了!
Tell them to be careful! It's all new!
告诉他们要小心!都是新的!
Alright, OK! We're at the top.
没问题,好吧!我们在顶层。
Be careful when taking everything upstairs, okay?
搬东西上楼的时候,要小心点,好吗?
This is not all ours yet.
这还不是我们的全部。
It didn't break anything, did it?
这不会弄坏什么东西吧?
Don't worry, dear. I asked
them not to scratch anything.
别担心,亲爱的。我让他们不要碰坏任何东西的。
You take care of everything up there.
I'll keep an eye on things down here.
你负责上面的一切。我会盯着这里的。
- Welcome to the neighborhood!
- Thank you! Do you live around here?
-欢迎来到这个社区! -谢谢!你住在这附近吗?
Yes, right there across the street.
是的,就在街对面。
George Rollins.
乔治.罗林斯。
Hi, Eddie Slovik. That's my wife, her name is Antoinette.
嗨,埃迪·斯洛维克。那是我妻子,她叫安托瓦内特。
- Yes, I have you both on my list. - What list?
-是的,你们俩都在我的名单上。 -什么名单?
It's not as bad as it sounds. I'm in
charge of civil defense in this sector.
事情不像听起来那么糟。我负责这个区域的民防事务。
- Oh yes. - I'll have to bother you
about the blackout curtains,once they are installed.
-哦,是的。 -一旦你们安顿好,
我就会麻烦你们安装遮光窗帘的事儿了。
We will place them.
我们当然会装的。
I assume you guys listened to radio today?
我猜你们今天听广播了吧?
No, we were busy.
没有,我们太忙了。
They started bombing Germany with everything.
军队开始全面轰炸德国了。
- Yeah? - It's about time, don't you think?
-是吗? -是时候了,你不觉得吗?
-Yes of course.
-McArthur is on his way to the Philippines.
-那是自然。 -麦克阿瑟已经在反♥攻♥菲律宾的路上了。
Now it won't take long. I give it about six months.
不会花太长时间的。我估计会最多持续六个月。
Yeah, I guess. Thanks, see you later.
是的,我也这么想。谢谢,回头见。
I hold the door.
我扶着门。
Nothing special for a celebratory dinner
our first year of marriage. - Everything is fine.
-婚后的第一年的庆祝晚宴,没什么特别的。 -一切都好。
I'll take you out to dinner tomorrow night.
明天晚上,我带你出去吃饭。
We'll go to Nick's, OK?
我们去尼克餐厅,好吗?
Oh! I can't move!
哦!我都动不了了!
Me neither. My legs are numb.
我也是。我腿都麻木了。
At least we finished almost everything.
至少,我们差不多,完成了所有的工作。
- Isn't the furniture in the living room beautiful?
- They are wonderful.
-客厅里的家具,是不是很漂亮? -他们太棒了。
I simply loved this furniture. All bright and new.
我就是喜欢这些家具。一切都焕然一新。
That's what we wanted, isn't it, Mom?
这就是我们想要的,不是吗,夫人?
The eggs are really great.
炒鸡蛋,真的很棒。
Your tongue isn't working.I think I burned the eggs.
你的舌头也麻木了。我想,我把鸡蛋炒糊了。
- Hello! - Here, Margret.
-有人吗! -在这儿,玛格丽特。
Hi, sis.
嗨,姐姐。
The door was open, I brought the mail.
门开着,我拿来了邮件。
- Did you like the house? - I loved it!
-你喜欢这房♥子吗? -我很喜欢!
And they've already unpacked everything!
他们已经把东西都拆了!
- Let me show you the house. - No, stay seated!
-我带你去看♥房♥♥子吧。 -不,坐好!
You both look like you're going to fall over from exhaustion.
你们俩看起来都快累倒了。
- Do you want some coffee? - I accept.
-你想喝点咖啡吗? -可以啊。
- You must inform the post office of your new address.-OK!
-你必须把你的新地址,通知邮局。 -好的!
I can't believe what you guys have done to this place!
真不敢相信,你们对这地方做了什么!
- You only put sugar, right? - Just cream, thanks.
-你只放糖,对吧? -奶油就行,谢谢。
And there's a sunny porch in the front,
where Eddie can feed his pigeons.
前面有一个阳光明媚的门廊,埃迪可以在那里喂鸽子。
And during the day you should see the light that floods this place.
在白天,你应该看看这个地方的采光。
Eddie, what's the problem?
埃迪,怎么了?
But this is impossible!
这也太不可能了!
- They told us... - What is it?
-他们告诉我们... -这是什么?
from the recruitment board.
来自征兵委员会。
They changed its rating to 1 A. It has
who presents himself for the medical examination.
他们把它的评级改成了“适合在任何兵种服役”。
会有人来进行医学检查。
But he is 4 F!
但他是“不适合服役的”人员啊!
Eddie?
埃迪?
You couldn't imagine?
你都无法想象?
You couldn't imagine that they,
would choose this particular moment?
你无法想象,他们会选择这个特殊的时刻吗?
A year and a half ago when I got out of prison, I...
一年半前,当我出狱的时候,我…
I had nothing and they wouldn't have touched me.
我那时一无所有,他们也不会来找我。
Now that I'm married, I have all this and they
现在我结婚了,我拥有了这一切,而他们...
They want me in the army.You couldn't imagine?
他们想让我参军。你无法想象?
It has to be a mistake...
一定是搞错了…
I'll call the draft board tomorrow. I'll go there.
我明天给征兵委员会打电♥话♥。我要去那里。
"Mommy, I feel lost without you. I think I'll have a lot of problems.
“妈咪,没有你我很失落。我想,我会有很多问题。
Army life is not for me.
军队生活不适合我。
I just arrived at Camp Walters.
我刚到沃尔特斯军营。
The name of the nearest town is Mineral Weels, Texas.
最近的城镇是,德克萨斯州的威尔斯煤矿小镇。
You will be able to locate it on the map.
And you will see how far I am from you.
你可以在地图上找到它。你会看到我离你有多远。
Everyone must have 17 weeks of infantry.
每个人都必须接受为期17周的步兵训练。
This is what we call basic training.
这就是我们所说的基础训练。
People are making fun of me because I write to you so much.
人们都在取笑我,因为我给你写了那么多信。
This is the third letter I have written to you today.
这是我今天给你写的第三封信。
It's the only way I can feel close to you.
这是我唯一能亲近你的方式。
I don't have anyone to warm my feet when I go to bed.
我睡觉的时候,没有人给我暖脚。
Do you remember, dear,how close we used to sleep?、
你还记得吗,亲爱的,我们以前睡得有多近?
If anything happens to you, I will leave here without permission.
如果你出了什么事,我将不经允许,就离开这里。
And this is what I feel I am doing now.
这就是我现在所做的。
This army life doesn't give you time to do anything for yourself.
军队生活,没有给你时间,为自己做任何事。
You have to be busy all the time.
你必须一直保持忙碌。
You know what I feel like doing, don't you?
你知道,我想做什么,对吧?
I don't have to tell you.But I'll try to do my best.
我不需要告诉你。但我会尽力做到最好。
Today we went out to the reveille. The band was outside too.
今天,我们进行了晚点名。军乐队也在外面。
We had to salute the flags. It was great.
我们必须向国旗敬礼。这太棒了。
I wish you were here to see this.
真希望你能亲眼看到。
When I think of all the times we had together, Mom,
this makes me furious.
当我想起,我们在一起的时光,妈咪,这让我很生气。
I can't understand why they did this to us.
我不明白,他们为什么要这样对我们。
I miss your homemade cakes and pies.
我想念你自♥制♥的蛋糕和馅饼。
And I miss the fruit you always put on my plate.
我想念你总是放在我盘子里的水果。
I miss the good coffee you make.
我想念你煮的好咖啡。
And most of all, I miss sleeping with you."
最重要的是,我想念和你睡在一起。”
You gentlemen are at the lowest level.
你们诸位先生的军阶,是最底层的。
You will be substitutes.
你们将成为替补兵员。
You will be trained with a group.
你将和一组人一起接受训练。
Sent with another.
一个接着另一个。
Designated for a replacement depot.
你们注定是兵员补充梯队。
You will go to the battlefield and be ordered to dig trenches.
你将奔赴战场,受命去挖战壕。
You won't even know the names of the men
who will be by your side.
你甚至不知道,那些会倒在你身边的人的名字。
Most of you think you shouldn't be here.
你们大多数人都认为,自己不应该在这里。
Imagine that you are the bottom of the pan.
想象一下,你们就是在桶底的人。
Well, the situation is boiling.
好吧,战况正在白热化。
The army needs warm bodies now.
军队需要血肉之躯。
Even the bottom of the pan looks good.
甚至在桶底的人,看起来也不错。
And I'll tell you something.
我告诉你一些事情。
You'll be some damn good soldiers.
你们他妈的会成为好士兵的。
And do you know why?
你们知道为什么吗?
Because I'm going to tear them apart.
电影精选列表