You're ugly. You're skinny. You're shaped funny.
你太害怕跟人开口说话
You're too scared to open your mouth to people.
你只够格当秀格的女仆
亚伯特,不
All you fit to do is be Shug's maid. [WHISPERS] Albert, no.
帮她倒便壶,也许为她烹饪
你甚至不是个好厨子
Take out her slop jar, maybe cook her food. You ain't even that good a cook.
她比你娶的第一任妻子强多了
She's a lot better than that first wife you married.
自我第一任妻子死后
这间屋子就再没出现干净的食物
This house ain't been cIeaned good since my first wife died.
没人会疯到娶你
Nobody's crazy enough to marry you.
你又能怎么办?去应征农场工作?
So what you gonna do? Hire yourself to farm?
也许会有人雇你到铁路局上班
Maybe somebody will let you work on their railroad.
也许打扫车厢
Maybe sweep out the caboose.
[LAUGHlNG]
还有其他信吗?
Any more letters come?
也许有,也许没有,谁知道呢?
Could be. Could be not. Who's to say?
西莉,不要
[IN NORMAL VOICE] Celie, no!
我诅咒你,直到你合理对待我
I curse you! Until you do right by me...
否则你想要的一切都会粉碎
...everything you think about will crumble!
别动手,别步上我的后尘
Don't do it. Don't trade places with what I been through.
别这样,西莉小姐,我们上车
Come on, Miss Celie. Let's go to the car.
他不值得
He ain't worth it.
他不值得
你以为你是谁?你无法诅咒人
看看你自己
Who you think you is? You can't curse nobody. Look at you!
你是黑人、又穷又丑
还是个女人,你什么也不是
You're black, you're poor, you're ugIy, you're a woman! You're nothing!
直到你合理对待我
你心中所想的一切都会失败
Until you do right by me, everything you even think about gonna fail!
很荣幸认识你们,再见
It's been a pleasure meeting all of you. Goodbye.
很高兴我回来的正是时候
SOFIA: Glad I came back just in time.
可以肯定的是我们需要点安宁
We need some stability around here, that's for sure.
我应该把你锁起来
只让你出来工作
I should have locked you up! Just let you out to work!
你为我设计的牢房♥
终究会让你自食恶果
The jail you planned for me is the one you gonna rot in.
西莉,上车…
SHUG: Celie, get in the car. Get in the car.
你对我所做的一切
Everything you done to me...
已经报应在你身上
...is already done to you.
我穷,是黑人
[CAR ENGlNE REVS]
I'm poor, black.
我也许很丑
I may even be ugly.
但是亲爱的神,我解脱了
But dear God, I'm here!
我解脱了
I'm here!
你会回来的
Hey, you'll be back! Hahaha!
你又能怎么样?你会回来的
What are you going to do? You'll be back!
[WHISTLE BLOWS]
(田纳西州州界线)
(巧克力)
(1937年秋天)
孩子
Hey, boy.
孩子
孩子,你怎么了?
Boy, what's the matter with you?
你好,爸爸
Hey, Pa.
这间屋子真是一团乱
This house is a wreck!
你喝酒了
Been drinking.
你要吃晚餐吗?爸
You want some supper?
不用,谢谢
No, thank you.
听说你到哈波家的时间
比到田里多了
I hear you been spending more time at Harpo's and less in the fields.
我猜我教错你了
I guess I just raised you wrong.
为什么,爸爸?
How's that, Pa?
为什么?
How's that?
田里的作物没人收割
动物没有人管理
The fields are overgrown, the animals ain't tended to...
这间房♥子一团糟
...this house is a wreck.
而你又做了什么?什么也没做
And what you doing about it? Nothing.
坐在那里喝酒,搞砸你的生活
Just sitting here drinking, ruining your life.
我的生活早就毁了
My Iife's already ruined.
这间房♥子已死
里面没有秀格、没有孩子
This house is dead. There ain't no Shug, no chiIdren...
没有笑声、没有生命,只有我
...no laughter and no life. Just me.
我这辈子没听过这种胡言
I ain't heard such nonsense in all my life.
听我说,我知道你需要什么
Now listen to me. I know just what you need.
我们得给你找个女人
We need you a woman.
可爱年轻的女孩打扫房♥子
帮你烫衣服
Nice, little, young girl clean up the house, iron your shirts
再见,爸爸
打扫房♥子
Bye, Pa. Clean up this house.
再见,爸爸
你乖乖听我的话
Goodbye, Pa. You listen to what l say.
我才不听你的,再见,爸爸
I ain't listening to you. Goodbye, Pa! Bye!
找一个年轻女孩
你需要听爸爸的建议
Get yourself a young girI. You heed your daddy's advice.
把鸡赶回笼子里
Get these chickens back in the coop...
在它们四处下蛋之前
...before they Iay eggs all over the place.
[PHONOGRAPH PLAYING]
走吧,爸爸,该回家了
It's time to go now. Time to go home.
你知道我不想跳舞
You know I don't want to dance.
就一个老人而言,我表现算不错了
I move good for an old man.
来吧,该走了,该离开了
Come on, time to go. Time to go now. Come on!
我有来自田纳西州的烟草
用威士忌处理过
I got some Tennessee tobacco, cured with whiskey.
你知道我不抽烟
You know I don't smoke.
该走了
Time to go!
没错,该走了
That's right. Time to go now.
该走了
[MISTER HUMMING]
该走了
[ALBERT CHUCKLES]
Time to go. Time to go.
该走了
Time to go.
看见你们两人再次和好…
Whoo!
It sure is nice...
还真不错
...to see you two together again.
也许你该送他回家,哈波
SOFIA: Maybe you ought to see him home.
他会没事的
He gonna be just fine.
没事的
Just fine.
亲爱的神,过了这么多年
[CHORUS SINGING GOSPEL HYMN]
我所知道的爸爸已死
...the man I knew as my pa is dead.
但是奈缇写给我说
我真正的爸爸被处死
But then, Nettie write that my real daddy lynched.
我妈妈在我爸爸死后两年
嫁给眼前这个死去的人
My mama marry this dead man two years after my real daddy dead.
我的孩子不是我弟弟跟妹妹
My children, not my sister and brother.
爸爸不是我爸爸
Pa, not Pa.
你是他妻子?
You his wife?
是的,女士
WOMAN: Yes, ma'am.
他怎么死的?
How'd he die?
死在我身上
On top of me.
现在全都是你的了
Well, it's all yours now.
但我还是不明白为什么
Yeah, but I still don't understand how.
你真正的爸爸拥有这块土地
还有房♥子与店面
Your real daddy owned this land and the house and the store.
他留给你妈妈
He left it to your mama.
你妈妈死后
就留给你跟你妹妹奈缇
When your mama died, it passed on to you and your sister, Nettie.
他则留给我现金
He left me the money though.
恕我们失陪了,我们要赶火车
Well, if you'll excuse us, we got a train to catch.
[SQUEALS]
(西莉小姐的大众裤
1937年成立)
Yachachachachacha!
我从没想过自己会穿裤子
更别提是西莉小姐做的
I ain't never figured I'd wear pants. Not to mention the things Miss Celie made.
你觉得呢?
What you think?
苏菲亚,苏菲亚
真是个美丽的名字
Sofia, Sofia. That sure is a pretty name.
让我看看,苏菲亚穿的裤子
我怎么穿得下?
[SOFIA CHUCKLES]
Now let me see you. How can a pair of pants that fits Sofia fit me?
哈波,你就试看看
Well, Harpo, you just going to have to try them on.
就像我的招牌说的一样
It's just like my sign say:
“人人皆可穿”
"One size fit all."
进去试穿,你说知道了
Go in there, try them on and you'll see.
你确定?
我确定,快去
Sure enough? Sure enough. Go on, now.
记得把帘子拉上
Make sure you close that curtain.
我不想让艾玛看到你私处
I don't want you showing Emma all your business.
他一点也没变
He ain't changed a lick.
我从华盛顿买♥♥到这种布料
我想帮你做一条裤子
I got this fabric from Washington. I wanted to make you a pair of pants.
我不知道…
I don't know about no....
电影精选列表