他在黑暗中花时间戴上隐形眼镜。
that he took the time in the dark to put in his contact lenses.
你不会想告诉我们吧?
You won't try to tell us that, will you?
不,我没有把它们放进去。
No, I didn't have them in.
所以我重复我的要求
So I repeat my request
为了这个实验的目的,你把它们去掉。
that you remove them for the purpose of this experiment.
我想你最好同意这个请求,把它们删除。
I think you'd better accede to this request and remove them.
这里。-我……不,我。。。
Here. - I-- No. I...
我有一个镜片盒。
I have a lens case.
兰伯特先生,我们之间的距离是20码。
Now, Mr. Lambert, the distance between us is 20 yards.
比距离小两码
Two yards less than the distance
从你卧室的窗户到喷泉台阶。
from your bedroom window to the fountain steps.
法警,请你把灯关掉好吗?
Bailiff, would you please turn out the lights?
法官大人,我必须再次反对。
Your Honor, I must object again.
如果我们想重新考虑一下情况
If we are to have a recreation of the circumstances
根据证人对被告的观察,
under which the witness observed the defendant,
当然,这应该由专家以适当的方式完成。
surely it should be done by experts in the proper manner.
让我们尽情享受辩护律师的两分钟吧。
Let's indulge the defense counsel for his two minutes.
坦率地说,我非常好奇这将走向何方。
Frankly, I'm more than a little curious as to where this is heading.
继续。-谢谢法官大人。
Proceed. - Thank you, Your Honor.
兰伯特先生,
Mr. Lambert,
我手里拿着一个东西。
I'm holding in my hand an object.
你能告诉法庭这个物体是什么吗?
Would you kindly tell the court what this object is?
这是一个。。。你拿着。。。
It's a... You're holding...
来吧,兰伯特先生。这是怎么一回事?
Come on, Mr. Lambert. What is it?
红皮书。
Red book.
我不太明白。
I can't quite make it out.
我
I...
来吧,兰伯特先生。这是怎么一回事?
Come on, Mr. Lambert. What is it?
这是。。。
This is...
红皮书。
Red book.
书这是一本书。
Book. It's a book.
不
No!
哦,不!
Oh, no!
兰伯特先生,我给你一个提示好吗?
Shall I give you a hint, Mr. Lambert?
它是一顶帽子吗?
Is it a cap?
这是女士的拖鞋吗?
Is it a lady's slipper?
这不是红色假发吧?
It isn't by any chance a red wig, is it?
好吧,我们开灯试试吧。
Well, let's try it with the lights on.
兰伯特先生,现在怎么样?
How about now, Mr. Lambert?
我可以看到。。。
I can see...
我能看到有什么东西在那里。
I can see that something's there.
但你无法识别它。即使开着灯也不行。
But you can't identify it. Not even with the lights on.
这是一本书,兰伯特先生。
It's a book, Mr. Lambert.
只是一本红皮书。
Just a red book.
你可以看到为什么机动车管理局
You can see why the Motor Vehicles Administration
你的驾照上规定你只能开车
stipulates on your license that you're only to drive
戴矫正眼镜或隐形眼镜时。
while wearing corrective glasses or contact lenses.
你近视了,是吗?
You're short-sighted, aren't you?
对
Yes.
事实上,你是个近视眼。
In fact, you're extremely short-sighted.
我不知道什么是极端。
I don't know about extremely.
兰伯特先生,不要戏弄法庭。
Don't trifle with the court, Mr. Lambert.
你不同意一个不能辨别物体的人
Would you not agree that a person who failed to distinguish an object
在20码远的明亮的法庭里
in a brightly-lit courtroom from a distance of 20 yards
可以公平地说是极度近视吗?
could fairly be described as extremely short-sighted?
对
Yes.
你难道不也同意这充其量也不太可能
And would you not also agree that it would be unlikely at best
一个极度近视的人
that an extremely short-sighted person
可以肯定地辨认出夜间瞥见的人,
could positively identify someone glimpsed, at night,
从22码远的地方,仅仅疯狂的几秒钟?
from 22 yards away, for only a few frantic seconds?
你♥他♥妈♥的为什么不说你是近视眼?
Why the fuck didn't you say you were near-sighted?
你从没问过。-你认为他是怎么发现的?
You never asked. - How do you think he find out?
他的助手可能向机动车管理局询问过。
His assistant probably checked with the Motor Vehicles Administration.
被告克里斯·亨德森今天获释
Accused assailant Chris Henderson was released today,
对他的指控因证据不足而被驳回
the case against him dismissed for insufficient evidence.
与此同时,巴尔的摩警方报告没有新的线索
Meanwhile, Baltimore police report no new leads
关于所谓的“垃圾桶谋杀案”
on the so-called "Dumpster Murders."
打扰一下
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
我能和你谈谈吗?我是你的邻居。
Could I talk to you, please? I'm your neighbor.
是 啊
Yeah.
有趣的是,两个人能住得这么近,而且。。。
It's funny how two people can live so close, and...
我叫凯西,凯西·霍夫纳。
My name is Kathy, Kathy Hoffner.
特里·兰伯特-是的,我知道。
Terry Lambert. - Yeah, I know.
哦,请原谅我的样子。我今天真是个懒汉。
Oh, please excuse the way I look. I'm such a slob today.
我听到楼梯上有你的脚步声我想可能是你,
I heard your footsteps on the stairs and I thought it was probably you,
所以我就穿上这件长袍来到门口。
so I just threw this robe on and came to the door.
正当嗯,我刚到家。
Right. Well, I was just getting home.
嗯,一开始我不知道该不该说什么,但是。。。
Well, I didn't know whether to say anything at first, but...
我只是觉得在别人背后说话很有趣。
I just feel so funny about talking behind anybody's back.
跟谁谈?
Talk to who?
警♥察♥。
The police.
警♥察♥?
The police?
哦,你是说那时候。
Oh, you mean back then.
那时候我也和他们谈过了。
Well, I talked to them back then, too.
他们问我是否被袭击惊醒,是否看到了什么。
They asked me if I was awakened by the attack, if I'd seen anything.
但他们今天又来了。
But they were here again today.
今天
Today?
这次他们问我那天晚上是否见过你。
And this time they asked me if I had seen you that night.
看到我了吗?什么
Seen me? What...
起初我以为我没有,
At first I thought I hadn't,
然后我想起后来我偷看了
and then I remembered that later I had peeked out
当我听到楼梯上有脚步声时。
when I heard some footsteps coming up the stairs.
事情发生后我很紧张。
I was nervous after what had happened.
你看到了什么?
What did you see?
我看见你回来了。
I saw you coming back in.
这是在兴奋情绪平息之后。
This was later after the excitement had died down.
是的,我出去透透气。
Yeah, I went out for some air.
我出去的时候你碰巧看见我了吗?
Did you happen to see me when I went out?
警♥察♥问了我同样的问题。
The police asked me the same question.
不,我只是看到你回来了。
No, I just saw you coming back in.
一定是3点以后。
Must have been after 3:00.
哦,我肯定没那么晚,不。
Oh, I'm sure it wasn't that late, no.
不管怎样,这没关系。
Anyway, it doesn't matter.
谢谢你让我知道警♥察♥的事。
Thanks for letting me know about the police.
随时
Anytime.
任何时候都可以。
Anytime at all.
你听说他们放了他。
You heard they let him go.
真恶心,不是吗?
Sickening, isn't it?
要啤酒吗?
Want a beer?
谢谢,我会的。
Thanks, I would.
那就是著名的卧室窗户?
So that's the famous bedroom window?
是 啊
Yeah.
你介意吗?
Do you mind?
我知道Terry。
I know, Terry.
什么
What?
我知道。
I know.
卧室窗户里的根本不是你。
It wasn't you in the bedroom window at all.
你在说什么她是证人。
What are you talking about? - She was the witness.
她看到了,不是你。-谁
She saw it, not you. - Who?
听着,他们放了他,我和你一样失望--
Look, I'm as disappointed as you are that they let him go--
你为她挺身而出。-并不意味着我没有说实话。
You went forward for her. - Doesn't mean I wasn't telling the truth.
省省吧Terry。我看到她在公园里,我看到她在法庭上指导你。
Save it, Terry. I saw her in the park and I saw her in court coaching you.
可怜的
Pathetic.
什么,她结婚了吗?
What, is she married?
一定是,对一个有权势的人来说。
Must be, to someone powerful.
没关系,真的。重要的是他在外面是自♥由♥的。
It doesn't matter, really. What matters is he's out there free.
对此无能为力。他们不能再找他了。
There's nothing that can be done about that. They can't try him again.
不是因为攻击我。
Not for attacking me.
但是有了更多的信息,
But with some more information,
电影精选列表