是的。-请出庭作证。
Yes. - Please take the stand.
这不会花很长时间的,兰伯特先生。
This won't take long, Mr. Lambert.
4月21日凌晨2点15分你在做什么?
What were you doing on the night of April 21st at 2:15 in the morning?
我在卧室里看着窗外。
I was looking out my window in my bedroom.
你卧室的窗户可以俯瞰公园
And your bedroom window overlooks the park
在东弗农山广场对
on East Mount Vernon Place? - Yes.
你看到了什么?
What did you see?
一个男人在喷泉边的台阶上和一个女人打架。
A man fighting with a woman, on the steps by the fountain.
身体对抗?-对
Physically fighting? - Yes.
请你尽可能准确地描述一下,
Would you describe, as exactly as you are able,
这场战斗发生了什么?
what happened in this fight?
他从背后抓住了她,
He had hold of her from behind,
试图拖她-反对。
trying to drag her-- - Objection.
结论-持续的
Conclusion. - Sustained.
他在拖她吗?
Was he dragging her?
是的,朝街走去。-然后发生了什么?
Yes, toward the street. - And then what happened?
她在打架,
She was fighting,
他把她脸朝下扔在人行道上,
and he threw her down on her face on the pavement,
抓住她的脖子,开始勒死她。
grabbed hold of her neck and started to strangle her.
你做了什么?
And what did you do?
我去打开窗户大喊,她尖叫起来,他跑开了。
I went to open my window and yell, and she screamed, and he ran away.
我想让你看看这个法庭。
I'd like you to look around this courtroom.
你看到你看到的那个男人袭击了那个女孩吗?
Do you see the man you saw attack that girl?
是的。-请你指出他好吗?
Yes. - Would you please point him out?
让记录显示证人指向被告。
Let the record show the witness is pointing at the defendant.
兰伯特先生,你确定被告就是你看到的那个人?
Mr. Lambert, you're sure the defendant is the man you saw?
是的,我是。
Yes, I am.
谢谢你,兰伯特先生。
Thank you, Mr. Lambert.
请稍等,兰伯特先生。本案有两名律师。
One moment, Mr. Lambert. There are two lawyers in this case.
先生
Sir...
我想让你再经历一次,
I would like to take you through this one more time,
也许再详细一点。
perhaps with a little more detail.
现在,你在你的公♥寓♥里
Now, you were in your apartment
4月21日晚上在东弗农山广场,
on East Mount Vernon Place on the night of April 21st,
从卧室窗户向外看
looked out your bedroom window
你看到一个男人和一个女人打架。对吗?
and you saw a man fighting with a woman. Is that correct?
是的。-那是什么时候?
Yes. - What time was that?
2:00左右-凌晨两点。
Around 2:00. - Two o'clock in the morning.
在往窗外看之前,你在做什么?
What were you doing just prior to looking out the window?
就在之前?
Just prior?
对你在看电视吗?
Yes. Were you watching television?
读一本书?和朋友聊天——我在睡觉。
Reading a book? Chatting with friends-- - I was sleeping.
在你的床上对
In your bed? - Yes.
也许你没有在电视机前的椅子上打瞌睡吧?
You hadn't dozed off in a chair in front of the television, maybe?
不,我在床上。
No, I was in my bed.
你什么时候上♥床♥睡觉的?
What time did you go to bed?
11点左右。
Around 11:00.
那天晚上你参加了一个派对,对吗?
And you'd been to a party that night, isn't that correct?
对
Yes.
你喝得多吗?
Did you have much to drink?
不,事实上,我很早就回家了。
No, in fact, I came home early.
我一直在努力工作,我很累。
I'd been working pretty hard on a job, and I was tired.
所以你回家睡觉了,打算睡个好觉。
So you went home, you went to bed, planning to get a good night's sleep.
对
Yes.
你在这里,凌晨两点就睡着了。
So there you are, sound asleep at two o'clock in the morning.
什么把你吵醒了?
What woke you up?
我听到一声尖叫。
I heard a scream.
一声尖叫不,有两声尖叫。
A single scream? - No, there were two screams.
声音不大,有点闷。
Not very loud, kind of muffled.
你做了什么起床后,我走向窗户。
What did you do? - Got up and I went to the window.
你听到尖叫声,你站起来,走向窗户。
You heard screams, you got up, you went to the window.
你开灯了吗?-不
Did you turn on a light? - No.
你是停下来喝牛奶还是去洗手间?
Did you stop to get a drink of milk or go to the bathroom?
不,我急忙跑到窗口。-你匆匆走到窗前。
No, I hurried to the window. - You hurried to the window.
就在那时你看到了这个男人和女人
And that's when you saw this man and woman
在喷泉的台阶上战斗。然后你做了什么?
fighting on the steps of the fountain. What did you do then?
我去打开窗户,但它卡住了,
I went to open the window, but it stuck,
然后那个女人尖叫起来,那个男人跑开了。
and then the woman screamed and the man ran away.
她一尖叫,他就跑了吗?
Did he run away as soon as she screamed?
她尖叫了两次:“救命,救命。”
Well, she screamed twice, "Help. Help me."
那人就逃跑了。
And the man ran away.
我想。
I think.
这一切发生得很快。
Well, it all happened pretty quickly.
多快?-什么
How quickly? - What?
你看到这两个人在打架,
You saw these two people fighting,
你挣扎着打开窗户,女人尖叫着,男人跑开了,
you struggled with your window, the woman screamed, the man ran away,
这一切发生得很快。多快?
and it all happened very quickly. How quickly?
来吧,兰伯特先生。五秒钟?
Come on, Mr. Lambert. Five seconds?
一定比那还要长。
It must have been longer than that.
一定是吧让所有这些发生。
It must have been? - For all that to happen.
是 啊你知道的。
Yeah... you know.
好吧,我们为什么不说你看到了这个人。。。
Well, why don't we just say you saw this man...
是 啊
Yeah.
...在短暂而短暂的一段时间里,
...for a brief and fleeting period of time,
在大部分时间里,他行动迅速。
during most of which he was moving quickly.
这是一个准确的说法吗?-对
Would that be an accurate statement? - Yes.
现在,兰伯特先生,你认为有多远
Now, Mr. Lambert, how far would you say it is
从你卧室的窗户到喷泉台阶?
from your bedroom window to the fountain steps?
我不知道。15码?
I don't know. Fifteen yards?
听到它是22码,你会感到惊讶吗?
Would it surprise you to hear that it's 22 yards?
22码?我从未测量过。
It's 22 yards? I never measured.
我们确实测量过了。
Well, we did measure it.
是 啊
Yeah.
4月21日晚上,天气晴朗吗?
And the night of April 21st, was that a clear night?
早些时候下雨了,但天气很晴朗。
It rained earlier, but it was pretty clear.
所以能见度很好?
So visibility was good?
到处都是路灯。
There are streetlights all over.
是的,我刚刚来到路灯旁。
Yes, I was just coming to the streetlights.
有三个,不是吗,沿着街区分布着吗?
There are three of them, aren't there, spaced along the block?
是的,公园的灯光很好。
Yes, park's pretty well-lit.
照明良好?你会这么说吗哦,是的。
Well-lit? Is that what you would say? - Oh, yeah.
这里的灯光和这个法庭一样好吗?
Is it as well-lit as this courtroom?
不,哦,不。
No. Oh, no.
你确定吗?-我当然肯定。
You're sure? - Of course I'm sure.
你当然确定。-是 啊
Of course you're sure. - Yeah.
法官大人,如果您允许,我想做一个小实验。
Your Honor, with your permission, I'd like to try a little experiment.
反对法官大人。什么样的实验?
Objection, Your Honor. What kind of experiment?
这个实验是否相关?
This experiment is relevant?
我想是的,法官大人。最多两分钟。
I think so, Your Honor. It'll take two minutes at the most.
我们可以放纵辩护律师两分钟。继续
We can indulge the defense counsel for two minutes. Proceed.
谢谢法官大人。
Thank you, Your Honor.
现在,让我们看看。
Now, let's see.
嗯,在我们开始之前有一件事。
Well, one thing before we begin.
兰伯特先生,请你摘下隐形眼镜好吗?
Mr. Lambert, would you kindly remove your contact lenses?
什么
What?
你的隐形眼镜。你穿着它们,是吗?
Your contact lenses. You're wearing them, aren't you?
对
Yes.
然后请移除它们。-法官大人--
Then kindly remove them. - Your Honor--
很简单,法官大人。
It's very simple, Your Honor.
兰伯特先生戴着隐形眼镜,硬镜片。这是真的,不是吗?
Mr. Lambert wears contact lenses, hard lenses. That's true, isn't it?
是的。-刺♥激♥你眼睛的那种
Yes. - The kind that irritate your eyes
如果他们待得太久或者你和他们一起睡觉。
if they're left in too long or if you sleep with them in.
他肯定会在当晚带他们出去
And he surely would have taken them out on the night in question
当他上♥床♥睡觉时,打算好好睡一觉。
when he went to bed, planning to get a good sleep.
这是真的,不是吗?
That's true, isn't it?
对
Yes.
他刚刚告诉我们
And he just got through telling us
当他被尖叫声吵醒时,
that when he was awakened by the sound of screaming,
他没有停下来就急忙跑到窗口。
he hurried to the window without making any stops.
所以他现在肯定不会告诉我们
So surely he won't now try to tell us
电影精选列表