我希望如此。
I hope so.
嗯,晚安。
Well, goodnight.
他甚至没有告诉她这件事。
He's not even telling her about it.
就是他。你会看到他脱下帽子的样子。
That's him. You'll see when he takes his hood off.
如果是他呢?我们该怎么办?
What if it is him? What do we do?
我不知道。首先你得告诉我是不是。
I don't know. First you have to tell me whether it is.
特里,巴尔的摩一定有几百个红头发的年轻人。
Terry, there must be hundreds of young men in Baltimore with red hair.
我不知道你为什么认为…-那里!看
I don't know why you think-- - There! Look.
我想让你仔细看看。
I want you to have a better look.
就是他,不是吗?来吧Sylvia。
That's him, isn't it? Come on, Sylvia.
他就是你说的。头发,大小,一切。
He's just what you said. The hair, the size, everything.
即使是白皮肤我不能说。
Even the white skin. - I can't say.
不确定。-为什么不呢?
Not for sure. - Why not?
我就是不能。
I just can't.
但可能是他可能是的。
But it might be him? - It might be.
但这有什么好处呢?
But what good does that do?
这有什么好处?
What good does any of it do?
我以前不能前进。现在情况会更糟。
I couldn't go forward before. It would be worse now.
现在不同了。
It's different now.
如果他对那些女孩做了什么,我们都知道。
If he did what he did to those girls, and we know it.
但我们不知道,特里。
But we don't know it, Terry.
我不确定那个侦探奎克,
I'm not sure. - That detective, Quirke,
他说阵容中有一个人在那里
he said that one of the men in the lineup was there
因为他以前强♥奸♥过。
because he had raped before.
但你不知道这就是他所说的。
But you don't know this is the one he was talking about.
对不起,特里。
I'm sorry, Terry.
我知道你很失望,但我无能为力。
I know you're disappointed, but there's nothing I can do about it.
我告诉你吧。
I'll tell you what.
下次我们聚在一起,不要把时间都花在开车上。
Next time we get together, let's not spend all our time driving around.
好吗?-可以
Okay? - Okay.
你说你叫什么名字?
What did you say your name was?
我能从酒吧给你拿点什么吗?
Can I get you something from the bar?
是 啊一杯啤酒。
Yeah. A beer.
草稿?-是 啊
Draft? - Yeah.
可以
Okay.
哦
Oh...
谢谢。-非常感谢。
Thank you. - Thank you.
主啊,发慈悲吧。
Lord, have mercy.
桌子桌子
Table! Table!
乔!嘿,乔,再来一轮!这个我请客。
Joe! Hey, Joe, another round! This one's on me.
是的,我也在出丑。
Yeah, and me making a fool of myself.
来,看这个。
Here, watch this.
准备好再来一次了吗?
Ready for another?
不,谢谢你。
No, thank you.
哦,该死!哦,我的天啊。
Oh, shit! Oh, my God.
我很抱歉。-不,没关系。不,真的。
I'm so sorry. - No, it's all right. No, really.
来,我请你喝一杯。
Here, let me buy you a drink.
这是我至少能做的。-没有必要。
It's the least I can do. - It's not necessary.
这是我至少能做的。-好吧,好吧。
It's the least I can do. - Okay, okay.
可以这会让我感觉好些。
Okay? It'll make me feel better.
不想吵醒他们。
Don't wanna wake 'em.
没有这样的运气。
No such luck.
克里斯?克里斯,是你吗?
Chris? Chris, is that you?
你马上过来。
You come up here right away.
这是一所像样的房♥子。
This is a decent house.
我厌倦了你夜以继日地来。
And I'm tired of you coming at all hours of the night.
不要那样站在那里。
Don't just stand there like that.
我告诉你,我告诉过你午夜前到这所房♥子里。
I'm telling you, I told you to be in this house before midnight.
现在你马上去睡觉。
Now you go down to bed this minute.
如果这种情况再次发生,
If this ever happens again,
你收拾好你的东西,然后离开这里。
you're packing your things and you're getting out of here.
我是认真的!别那么傻地看着我。
And I mean it! Don't give me that stupid look.
下去。
Go on down.
你在下面安静点!
You be quiet about it down there!
嘿,就是这样。让我们把她弄出去。
Hey, that's it. Let's get her out of here.
发生什么事了一个女孩被谋杀了。
What's going on? - A girl's been murdered.
大约一小时前,他们在那里发现了尸体。
They found the body stuffed in there about an hour ago.
知道她是谁吗?
Any idea who she is?
那你觉得呢?
So what do you think?
有趣的
Interesting.
哦,彼得斯来了。
Oh, here's Peters.
大厅里的人通常是在这个时候上班吗?
Is this what time you guys in the hall normally go to work?
不要开始,嗯?我听说你有东西。
Don't start, huh? I hear you got something.
兰伯特先生。。。
Mr. Lambert...
彼得斯,州检察官办公室。很高兴认识你。坐下来
Peters, state's attorney's office. Nice to meet you. Sit down.
我知道你讲了很多故事。
I understand you've told quite a story.
如果你不介意的话,我想问你几个问题。
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.
一点也不。
Not at all.
当你在阵容中看到亨德森时,你为什么不早点认出他?
Why didn't you identify Henderson earlier when you saw him at the lineup?
亨德森?
Henderson?
那是他的名字。克里斯·亨德森。
That's his name. Chris Henderson.
我不确定。我不想犯错误。
I wasn't sure. I didn't want to make a mistake.
所以你跟踪了他?
So you followed him?
是的,晚上在更相似的情况下见到他。
Yeah, at night to see him under more similar circumstances.
异常认真。
Unusually conscientious.
当你晚上看到他时,你变得积极起来
And when you saw him at night, you became positive
他就是你看到的袭击Connelly女士的那个人?
that he was in fact the man you saw attacking Ms. Connelly?
是的。-但你还是没认出他。
Yes. - But you still didn't identify him.
你在等待。。。
You waited...
两天。-为什么?
Two days. - Why?
我不知道。
I don't know.
你怎么认为?我们有足够的搜查令吗?
What do you think? Have we enough for a search warrant?
我可以带着兰伯特的身份证去见法官,
I can go before the judge with Lambert's positive ID,
亨德森的记录,我可能会得到。
Henderson's record, I might get it.
如果我能把亨德森和死去的女孩联♥系♥起来,那会有帮助的。
It would help if I could tie Henderson to the dead girls.
我们知道她昨晚有一部分时间在酒吧,
We've learned that she spent part of last night in a bar,
和朋友喝酒。
drinking with friends.
我们要在那里拍亨德森的照片,
We're going to take Henderson's picture there,
看看有没有人认出他来好吧你马上告诉我。
see if anyone recognizes him. - All right. You let me know right away.
我可能不用它就能拿到搜查令,但是。。。
I can probably get the warrant without it, but...
谢谢,兰伯特先生。你帮了大忙。
Thanks, Mr. Lambert. You've been a big help.
嗯,我只希望能早点帮上忙。
Well, I only wish that I was of some help sooner.
啊,别难过。
Ah, don't feel badly about it.
即使你早些时候认出了亨德森,
Even if you had identified Henderson earlier,
即使在首发阵容中,他们也不会逮捕他。
at the lineup even, they still wouldn't have arrested him.
他昨晚可能还在街上。
He'd have still been out on the street last night.
我们关心的不是袭击本身。
Our concern is not the assault itself.
除非这有助于建立谋杀案。
Except as it helps to build a case of murder.
多亏了你,这很有帮助。
And thanks to you, it's helping.
有了搜查令,我们也许可以找到证据
With a search warrant, we may be able to find evidence
把亨德森和死去的女孩联♥系♥起来。
tying Henderson to the dead girls.
如果我们这样做了,我们就出发了。
If we do, we're off and running.
所以不要为可能发生的事折磨自己,嗯?
So don't torture yourself about what might have been, huh?
你所做的是对的。这是毫无疑问的。
What you did was right. There's no doubt about that.
我真希望你没必要这么做。
I just wish you hadn't had to do it.
告诉我那是错的。
Tell me that's wrong.
它不会回来伤害我们。
That it's not going to come back and hurt us.
不会的我的声明只是帮他们拿到搜查证的工具。
It won't. My statement's only a tool to help 'em get a search warrant.
除此之外,他们不关心我或你目击的袭击。
Beyond that, they don't care about me or the assault you witnessed.
但你没告诉他们你跟着他去了酒吧?
But you didn't tell them you followed him to the bar?
我不能。要么我在晚上认出他,要么我不认识他。
I couldn't. Either I recognized him at night or I didn't.
我没有充分的理由继续跟踪他。
I had no good reason to keep following him.
如果他们发现你撒谎怎么办?
What if they find out you lied?
他们对我不感兴趣。-但如果他们这样做呢?
They're not interested in me. - But what if they do?
不管发生什么事,我保证我不会让他们发现你。
No matter what happens, I promise I will not let them find out about you.
你好
Hello?
哦,你好吗,奎克侦探?
Oh, how are you, Detective Quirke?
我懂了。
I see.
嗯,谢谢你让我知道。祝你好运。
Well, thanks for letting me know. Good luck to you.
什么他想要什么?
What? What did he want?
电影精选列表