你并不感到羞耻,是吗?
You weren't ashamed of it, were you?
嗯,当然,你必须...
Well, of course--you had to be...
那时候。
back then.
是的,是的,你不得不隐藏它。
Yeah, yeah, you had to hide it.
当每个人都反对
It's hard not to be
你很难不去隐藏自己。
when everybody disapproves of you.
是的,藏在深柜里。
Yeah, hid behind the closet door.
就是这样
That's right.
是的,你写过这个吗?
Yeah, and did you write about it?
哦,我写了。
Oh, I did,
但是60岁的时候才开始写。
but not until I was 60 years old.
-然后你... ... -然后我开始诉说。
-And then you-- -Then I started talking,
现在我已经停不下来了。
and now I can't stop.
好主意!
Good idea!
你为什么要停下来?
Why should you stop?
我为什么要?
Why should I?
我认为每个人的生活
I think everybody's life
或多或少都很有趣。
is more or less interesting.
这是一出戏。
It's a drama.
是的,这是场戏剧。
It's a drama, yes.
你的也是,不是吗?
Yours is, isn't it?
嗯,部分是。
Well, parts of it.
我生活的不错,真的。
I've had a good life, really.
你真的中风了吗?
Is it true that you had a stroke?
哦,是的,是的,我得了脑溢血。
Oh, yes, yes, I had a cerebral.
你永远不会知道。
You'd never know it.
不,不,我知道。
No, no, I know.
你是个活...
You're a living--
你是个奇迹。
You're a miracle.
-他们这样说。-发生了什么事?
-So they say. -What happened?
嗯,我在医院里平躺着
Well, I was laying flat in the hospital
整整几个星期,好吧--
for all weeks and well--
就像一辈子都躺在那儿。
it seemed like a lifetime,
然后,有一天,我意识到... ...
and then, one day, I reali--
我在医院里数着松树。
I was counting the pines in the hospital,
我对自己说。
and I thought to myself,
这不行,我得出去,而且我... ...
This won't do, I gotta get out, and I--
但你当时瘫痪了,是吗?
But you were paralyzed, weren't you?
哦,是的,我不能说话。
Oh, yeah, I couldn't talk,
而且我走路也
and I had problems
非常困难
with walking,
但我的丈夫帮助我。
but my husband helped me.
他很可爱。
He was lovely.
你必须从头开始
You had to learn
学习做所有事情
how to do everything all over again.
哦,对了,从那以后我就再也不能编织了。
Oh, yeah, I've never been able to knit since.
-你会织毛衣吗?-嗯,嗯。
-You know knitting? -Mm-hm.
我从那时起就不能织了。
I haven't been able to knit since.
但是你可以做其他的事情。
But you can do everything else.
哦,是的!
Oh, yes!
园艺
Garden.
园艺,一切。
Garden, everything.
还要照顾两个孩子。
And look after two babies,
艾丽西亚和尼古拉斯。
Alicia and Nicholas.
是啊,你的孙子们。
You do, your grandchildren.
哦,他们很可爱。
Oh, they're lovely.
他们是我的生命。
They're my life.
当然,还有我的儿子。
And my son, of course.
还看到什么了吗?
See any more?
-没有 -没有?
-No. -No?
它们都走了。
They've all gone on.
(模糊的歌♥声)
(indistinct singing)
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da-da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da-da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da-da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da-da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da-da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da-da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da ♪
♪ Da-da-da-da da-da ♪
(嗡嗡声)
(humming)
我曾经在一家香烟厂工作过
I used to work in a cigarette factory
在英国,当时我14岁。
in England when I was 14.
他们有那些机器。
And they had all these machines.
我猜他们现在不同了。
I guess they're different now,
现在一切都电脑化了。
everything's computerized now,
但那时,他们做香烟
but then, they had the cigarettes
都是一长串出来的。
coming out all in one long stream,
那个东西,切,切,切,切,切。
the thing, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop.
然后香烟下来,把它们装进烟盒。
Then they go down and get in their pack,
拍打,定量
and they used to slap 'em on, ration 'em,
填满,填满
fill 'em up, fill 'em up,
-直到... ... - 你必须要快。
-until they-- -You gotta be fast.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
把你的东西放在那里。
Put your thing there,
抓住一个,放回去。
grab one, put it back,
抓住标签,把它贴上 --
grab the label, stick it on--
(口哨声)
(whistles)
像这样,把它贴下去。
like that, stick it down,
然后倒过来。
and turned upside down.
我打赌你就是在那个时候学会抽烟的。
I bet that's when you learned how to smoke.
不,我们不允许拿任何烟。
No, we weren't allowed any cigarettes.
不是吗?
No?
事实上,他们经常在我们出来时
In fact, they used to search us
检查我们是否偷拿了烟。
as we came out to see if we pinched any.
哦。
Oh.
他们会带着一批人在晚上出来
They'd take a batch to people coming out at night
他们会在你身上摸来摸去。
and they'd run their hands down you,
你知道,搜身。
you know, frisk you.
现在,男人们一个星期可以有这么多,
Now the men were allowed so many a week,
但女人就不行了。
but the women weren't.
当我的丈夫和我分手后,
When my husband and I broke up,
我有了我的女儿。
and I had my daughter,
我必须要工作来养活她。
well I had to work to support her.
所以我去酒厂工作,他们...
So I went to work at distilleries where they--
有免费样品吗?
Get any free samples?
没有,先生。
No, sir.
那是一个令人困倦的工作。
And that was a sleepy job.
昏昏欲睡?
Sleepy?
哦,我的上帝!
Oh, my God!
我的工作--他们给我
What my job-- what they gave me
两块抹布
to two cheesecloth wet,
当瓶子在传送带上进来的时候,
and as the bottles come in on the conveyor,
我得把它们擦干净
I had to wipe them
并把一个小丝带和一个标签贴上去。
and put a little ribbon on and a label,
有时候。
and sometimes,
我在那里半睡半醒。
I'm half-sleeping there.
我没有--我没有在那里工作太长时间。
I didn't--I didn't work there too long.
-没有?-我受不了了。
-No? -I couldn't take it.
你来了,爱丽丝。
There you are, Alice.
哦,我也是其中之一。
Oh, I'm one of those.
这是管血压的。
This is for my blood pressure,
这是给我喝水的。
and this is for my water.
哦,我有一些这样的。
Oh, I got some like that.
用同一种吗?
Use the same kind?
类似的。
Similar.
这很快就没了。
That's soon gone.
下去了。
Went down.
-现在轮到你了,玛丽。-现在轮到我了。
-Now it's your turn, Mary. -Now it's my turn.
那你为什么吃药?
And what are you taking tablets for?
这个是血压。
This is blood pressure,
另一个是止痛。
the other is aches and pains,
包治百病。
so everything is covered.
你的伤痛在哪里?
Where's your aches and pains?
电影精选列表