嗯,我不认为它对你的身体有什么好处。
Well, I don't think it's good for you inside,
但我的治疗师说它很好
but my therapist said it was excellent
作为治疗关节炎的膏药。
as a poultice for arthritis,
我的脚有关节炎。
and my feet are arthritic,
如果我明天要走出去的话
and if I'm going to walk out tomorrow
我需要做最充分的准备
I need all the help I can get.
凯瑟琳,显然你的脚不
Catherine, obviously your feet are not
状况不佳。
in good shape.
你已经在巴士上工作了好几个小时。
You've been working for hours on the bus,
而你是唯一一个主动要求走出去的人。
and you're the only who's volunteered to walk out.
你是在磨难中成长吗?
Do you thrive on ordeals?
不是。
No.
你没有给自己设定任务的习惯。
You don't have the habit of setting yourself tasks,
这是做修女时的一个长♥期♥习惯。
a long habit from being a nun.
让人给你安排任务。
Having tasks set for you.
我知道你的意思。
I know what you mean.
并非如此。
Not really.
你,呃...
You, uh...
有时你做这些事是因为你想要
sometimes you do them because you want to live
过你想过的生活,你不会让自己
the life you want to live and you don't let yourself
被事情所阻挡。
get stopped by things.
你可以跛行。
You can limp.
你可以坐下来。
You can sit down.
你可以--哦,我沿路找地方画画。
You can--oh, I'll look for places along the road to paint.
我祈祷。
I pray.
我会听我的随身听。
I'll listen to my Walkman.
你确实在祈祷。
You do pray.
我是说,你可能会祈祷。
I mean, you might pray.
我会祈祷。
I will pray.
看,我不会祈祷。
See, I wouldn't pray.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
好吧,我可能会希望。
Well, I might wish.
我是说,我可能会说,哦,请让我的脚
I mean, I might say, Oh please let my feet
让我度过这个可怕的事情。
get me through this horrible thing.
哦,请,谁?
Oh please, who?
-请,我的脚。-你向你的脚祈祷?
-Please, my feet. -You pray to your feet?
亲爱的脚,让我度过这可怕的磨难。
Dear feet, get me through this horrible ordeal.
我的脚不听话,但是------。
Mine don't obey that, but--
你有一个秘密。
You have a secret.
我想知道你的秘密是什么。
I'd like to know what your secret is.
我永远不能走... ...永远不能走20英里,永远。
I'd never be able to walk-- never 20 miles, ever.
如果你有必要,你可以做到。
You can do it if you had to.
我想你得教我如何控制自己的脚
I think you'll have to give me lessons in foot control.
(吟唱)
(chanting)
你喜欢这样吗?
You like that?
(诵经声继续)
(chanting continues)
扭动扭动。
Wiggle wiggle.
走,走!
Go, go!
走吧,走吧!
Go, go!
走,走,走!
Go, go, go!
嘿,嘿。
Hey, hey.
嗷!
Ow!
(笑声)
(laughs)
我记得有一次,当我年轻的时候
I remember one time when I was young
我和我的女朋友,我们大概是16,17岁。
me and my girlfriend, we were about maybe 16, 17.
你知道,我们曾经穿过CPR桥。
You know that we used to cross the CPR Bridge,
通往拉辛的铁路桥
the train bridge to go to Lachine
我们经常去那里跳舞。
and we used to go dancing there.
想象一下
Imagine that.
(不明白),他们有那么宽。
(unintelligible), they're that wide.
我知道。
I know.
你必须穿过那里。
And you have to cross there.
你要走在铁轨上 --
And you go on the tracks--
如果火车来了,那就只有
And if the train's coming there's only
只有一点空间,你可以躲在那里.. ...
a little space there that you're gonna fit there...
一直躲着
Life had to go by.
直到火车通过。
Till the train passed.
火车就这么近。
The train is about right here.
想象一下,当你年轻的时候,你能做什么。
Imagine when you're young what you can do.
哦,我们有美好的时光。
Oh, we have a good time.
而且你可以凌晨1点半回家?
And you could get home at 1:30?
大约1点半。
About 1:30.
他们12点就关门了。
They close at 12.
你真幸运。
Lucky you.
我没那么幸运,你呢?
I wasn't so lucky, were you?
我们大约11点到家。
We got home about 11.
舞会将在7点左右开始,然后有
The dance would start about seven and then have
两支乐队,在这个巨大的舞厅的两端各有一支
two bands, one on each end of this huge ballroom
在利物浦,你记得吗?
in Liverpool, do you remember?
滑稽舞。
The parody dance.
是的。
Yes.
哦,上帝,有两个乐队。
Oh, God, with the two bands.
它从未停止过,而且你走了
And it never stopped, and you took
这些长长的步伐,你知道英国交际舞。
these long strides, you know English ballroom dancing.
我知道什么?
What do I know?
很好的锻炼。
Good exercise.
-我希望我现在能跳。-这是伟大的时代。
-I wish I could do it now. -It's great times.
我希望我现在就能跳一段。
I wish I could do it now.
嗯,当你第一次恋爱的时候
Well, when you first fell in love
-你有什么感觉?-很奇妙。
-how did you feel? -Marvelous.
你当时的感觉如何?
How was your feeling?
妙不可言,在空气中行走。
Marvelous, walking on air.
可爱的感觉。
Lovely feeling.
我想我是相当善变的。
I think I'm rather fickle.
大约八个月后,我无法忍♥受他们靠近我。
After about eight months I can't stand them near me.
那你是善变的。
You are fickle then.
我不是那种会结婚的人,我不认为。
I'm not the marrying kind I don't think.
你呢?
How about you?
你第一次坠入爱河的时候。
The first time you fell in love.
哦,那就像天堂。
Oh, it was like heaven.
我记得我曾经和他一起跳舞。
I remember I used to dance with him,
我一直以为在舞池里只有我和他在一起。
I always thought I was alone on that dance floor with him.
然后我嫁给了那个人。
And I married the guy.
好的。
Okay.
我当时真的爱上了。
I was really in love.
你很少会和你第一次爱上的人结婚。
It's not often you marry the one you first fall in love with.
但有趣的是,尽管我很爱他
But the funny thing is as much as I loved him
最后我还是很恨他。
that's how much I hate him at the end.
哦,那很悲哀。
Oh, that was sad.
信不信由你,这确实是一个真实的故事。
Believe it or not that's really a true story.
哦,我相信你,我为什么不相信?
Oh, I believe you, why wouldn't I?
真遗憾,嗯?
That's a shame, eh?
但如果你今天遇到一个合适的人,
But if you met a right guy today,
你会现在就爱上他吗?
would you fall in love with him now?
-我是说-- -我不知道。
-I mean-- -I don't know.
你是说现在,在这个时候,现在?
You mean now at this time, right now?
现在,是的。
Now, yes.
你认为你--
Do you think you--
我想是的。
I suppose.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
我仍然有希望,有梦想。
I still got hopes, dreams.
你还活着。
You're still alive.
哦,是的,当然。
Oh yes, definitely.
如果能遇到什么人,那就太好了。
It would be nice to meet somebody.
我仍然喜欢被拥抱和亲吻。
I still like to be cuddled and kissed.
-但没有别的了?-为什么不呢,是吗?
-But nothing more? -Why not, yes?
我仍然有感觉。
I still have feelings.
当然。
Sure.
我很羡慕那些年轻人。
I envy the youngsters that.
哦,我的上帝,你是如此--
Oh my God, you're so--
电影精选列表