My grandmother was wonderful
接纳了我们
and she took us in.
我、朱利安 还有他爸爸
Me, Julian and Julian's dad. And...
我们能...
We um... got to...
这栋房♥子就是她留给我的
She left me this house, actually.
-你是在天主教家庭长大的? -对
- You were raised Catholic? - Yes
我很喜欢你的圣母吊坠
- Yeah, I was admiring your madonna pendant.
我戴它是因为对它有感情 这是我姨妈送我的
- It's sentimental. My aunt, she gave me that.
我没那么虔诚
I'm not so religious.
不过在天主教家庭长大的孩子
But I suppose when you are raised Catholic,
想摆脱宗教影响也不容易
it doesn't go away so easy.
我母亲就是天主教♥徒♥
My mother was Catholic,
我父亲是犹太人 我…
my father was Jewish. And I...
我领受过坚振圣事
I mean I was confirmed and I-I went
上的也是天主教寄宿学校
to Catholic boarding school.
我以前特别喜欢偷看修女们的房♥间
I used to love peeking into the sisters' cells.
好一个“保持整洁”
Talk about no clutter.
其实挺有趣的
You know... It's kind of funny.
对我来说
For me, the whole no clutter thing.
“保持整洁”的教条不只是…
It's more than just...
关于整洁本身
neatness, it's like...
更像是精神上的清洁
It's like a spiritual cleanliness.
“清洁近乎圣洁”
- Cleanliness is close to Godliness!
我可太喜欢打扫了
Oh... I love cleaning.
有时候听着我的病人说话
Sometimes when my patients are talking,
我会想象自己拿着一大瓶消毒剂
I imagine getting inside their heads with a really big
钻进他们的脑子里帮他们打扫干净
bottle of disinfectant and just scrubbing them down.
-剩下的交给你可以吗? -可以
- Can I leave these here for you? - Yes.
好 我还有个病人
Alright, I have a patient.
冰箱里的东西你随便拿
So, help yourself to anything in the fridge.
对了!她取消了!我们一起打扫吧
Oh! She had to cancel. Let's clean together.
嗨
Hi.
嗨 亲爱的
Hi, sweetheart.
玛德琳 这是特蕾莎 朱利安的女朋友
Magdalena this is Tereza, Julian's girlfriend.
冰箱里有好多水果 都切好了
Okay, well there is loads of fruit cut up in the fridge.
特蕾莎 我找到了你最喜欢的米布丁
And Tereza, I found your favorite rice pudding.
帕特丽夏 她是我妈妈
Patricia, that's my mom.
什么?
What?
对 她是我女儿
Yes, she's my daughter.
妈妈 这是朱利安
Mom, this is Julian.
你好
Hi.
有人想喝茶吗?
Would anybody like some tea?
她怎么这么了解你?
How does she know you so well?
她知道你最喜欢的零食! 你还叫她帕特丽夏!
She knows your favorite snack? You call her Patricia?
我根本不知道你有男朋友!
And I don't even know that you have a boyfriend?!
我不敢告诉你
I was afraid to tell you.
-你猜为什么 -你已经跟他睡过了吗?
- I wonder why. - Are you sleeping with him already?
我没这么说!
I didn't say that!
-我必须辞掉这份工作了 -不用
- I have to quit this job. - No, you don't.
-我们需要钱 -特雷有工作
- I can't, we need the money. - Trey has a job.
我再也不会依赖男人了
- I will never become dependent on a man again.
告诉我 我女儿是她儿子的女朋友
So tell me, how do I clean this woman's toilet
你让我怎么再去给她刷马桶?
when my daughter is the girlfriend of her son?
对不起 妈妈
Mom, I'm sorry.
我爱朱利安
I love Julian.
你根本不理解自己的感情 你还是个孩子
- You don't know what you feel. You are a child.
你怎么知道我的想法?
You can't tell me what I feel!
你才16岁 你觉得这就是爱?
- You're 16. You think you are in love?
你不能重复我犯的错误
You're not doing the same mistake I made.
我就是你犯的错误
I was the mistake you made.
特蕾莎 你不是错误
- You weren't the mistake, Tereza.
退学才是我的错误
The mistake was that I left my studies.
你不能让任何人影响你的学业
You cannot let anything distract you from your work.
不会的
I'm not.
朱利安能送你去上大学吗?
- Is Julian sending you to the college?
我也觉得他是个好孩子
He is a decent boy I guess,
但是他有爸妈给他付学费
but his parents will pay for his education.
而你必须要拿到奖学金
You need a scholarship, Tereza.
特蕾莎 拜托了 别真的陷进去
Please. Don't be so serious with him.
我当年跟你一样
I was so much like you.
年轻的时候 你觉得自己有权利许下任何诺言
When you are young you think all your promise is your right.
你觉得只要有天赋
When you are talented,
世界就不会辜负你
the world will give you what you deserve.
但现实并非如此
But it's not like that.
一瞬间就可能失去一切
It's so easy that everything gets taken away from you.
你根本想象不到
You have no idea.
大学申请的结果马上就要出来了
Not too long till you guys hear out about colleges.
紧张吗?
You nervous?
我觉得我的紧张已经耗尽了
- I think I burned out my anxiety coil.
现在就等着了
I'm just waiting.
你知道自己想学什么专业吗?
- What are you going to major in, do you know?
环境工程
Environmental engineering.
我和朱利安要当未来学家
- Julian and I are gonna be futurists.
那是干什么的?
How's that?
我们...
We just...
会与能解决人类基本问题的项目展开合作
Aim to collaborate on projects that solve basic human problems,
例如可再生能源
like renewable sources of energy.
或者发动机设计
Or engine design.
这方面有很多工作机会
- There will be a lot of jobs of this kind of thing.
也许吧 也不一定
Maybe, maybe not.
最好有 不然世界就要崩溃了
- There better be or else the whole world will burn down.
对
Yeah.
我从来没上过大学
- I, uh, I never went to college myself
但是比我认识的大部分大学生挣得都多
and I make more than most guys I know who did.
你做什么工作?
What do you do?
这是今天的报纸 我还没看过
- Here, today's paper. I haven't looked at it
用你最快的速度念出来
Read that as fast as you can.
特蕾莎
- Tereza... - Mm-hmm.
计时
Set the timer.
开始 越快越好
Go on. Fast as you can.
消防部门似乎要…
- Looks like the fire department is going to teach...
-再快点 -教新狗学会老把戏
- Faster. - A new dog some old tricks.
纽约市消防局在周一宣布...
The FDNY announced on Monday that they will add...
-再快点 -会有三只机械狗
- Faster. - Three new robotic dogs
加入他们的搜救部门
to search and rescue services.
这些机械狗由工程公♥司♥“PCL动力”制♥造♥
- The dogs created by engineering firm PCL Dynamics
并由现场操作员遥控控制
are controlled remotely by a live operator.
它们将在未来几周内加入消防局
They'll be implemented into the force in the coming weeks.
机械狗也能检测煤气泄漏
The robotic K9's will also be able to detect potential.
也能在建筑物起火或倒塌时
Gas leaks and determine structural integrity
检测其结构的完整性
of buildings during fires or collapse.
你是速记员?
So you're a stenographer?
差不多
Court reporter.
法庭记录员
Same difference.
-准确无误 -哇
- No mistakes. - Wow.
我们怎么知道有没有错?
- How can we tell that you haven't made
我们又看不懂速记
any mistakes, though? We don't understand short hand.
我从不撒谎 就这么简单
- I never lie. That's how you tell.
我从来没见过手指能动得这么快
- I've never seen anyone move their fingers that fast.
而且我的法律知识储备足够多
- And I know just about enough legaleze
如果有需要的话 我可以给自己辩护
to represent myself in court, should the need arise.
有时候我在法庭上记录
Sometimes when I'm typing in court,
还要控制住自己
it's all I can do to stop myself
不要对律师说:
from saying to one of the lawyers,
“这里该提反对了吧?”
don't you want to object here?
你肯定见过好多有趣的案子
- You must see some really interesting cases.
确实听过很多黑暗的事
- Some dark facts have passed through these ears.
而且很不幸 我什么都不会忘
And I don't forget anything, unfortunately.
这蛋糕太好吃了
This cake is delicious.
-再来点 -好啊
- Have more. - Sure.
其实不该在工作日见面的
电影精选列表