我觉得我们应该…
- Well, I... I think that we should...
-妈 放松点 -我知道 但是...
- Mom relax. - I know, but...
我自己心里有数
I know what I'm doing.
-再见啦 -不吃早餐吗?
- See you guys. - What, no breakfast?
不吃了 今天得早点到
- No. I need to get there early. - Okay.
他怎么会这么果断?
How is he so decisive?
有其父必有其子
- Well, he's a lot like his father.
道格拉斯很果断吗?
Douglas was decisive?
他以前可是眼外科医生
He was an ocular surgeon.
-好了 亲爱的 我要去见病人了 -这一粒是干什么的?
- Okay honey, I have a patient. - What's this one for?
那是鱼油
I'm starting you on fish oil.
这不会让我打那种有鱼腥味的嗝吧?
- It's not gonna get me fish burps, is it?
说明书上说不会的
It says no fish burps!
妈妈!我知道了 这次我会把空调放进去
- Mom! Mom! I heard you. I'm gonna put the AC unit in.
一直放在里面
And it's gonna stay in this time, okay.
不会等温度低了就拿出来
I'm not gonna put it in and take it out if it gets cold.
什么?
What?
再检查一遍
Check this again.
哦 对
Oh... Yeah. You're right.
-关掉就行 等热了再打开 -再见
- If you just turn it off and then when it gets hot, - you turn it back on again. - See you later!
再见
- Bye-bye, Momma.
我知道 我也爱你
I know. I love you too.
我得走了 拜拜
I gotta go. I gotta go bye.
-你拿的是什么? -科学项目
- What you got there? - Um, science project.
-就一个板子? -不是...
- That's it? - Oh, no...
有演示幻灯片 还有个模型
We have a Canva presentation, and we have a model.
如果你去圣亚他那修学院
- If you went to Saint Athanasius,
就能每天多睡一个小时
you could sleep another hour every morning,
还能走路去学校
and walk to school.
那里不会让我跳级的
- You know they wouldn't let me skip any grades.
也许这是有道理的
Maybe they were right.
你现在去上大学年纪太小了
You're gonna be a baby in college now.
我马上就17了!
I'll be 17!
特蕾莎 聪明不只一种
- There's more than one kind of smart, Tereza.
会读书当然很好 但你也该对人
Book smart is good, but you need to develop
有一点戒心
a little suspicion about people.
我有戒心啊
I am suspicious.
你觉得我没有戒心吗?
What, you don't think I'm suspicious?
-记得检查办公室的纸巾够不够 -天啊
- Please remember to check tissue supply - in office closet p... - Ah, God...
-亲爱的 -我的天啊
- Honey? - Oh, my God.
亲爱的 怎么了?
Oh honey, what's the matter?
安东给我发短♥信♥说他跳槽了 我完蛋了
- Anton just texted me he's really gone. I'm finished.
哎 我...
Oh, I'm...
一楼
Ground floor
请进 我马上就过去
- Please come in. I'll be right down.
-你知道你需要什么吗? -歌♥剧作家
- Do you know what you need? - A librettist.
你需要出去走走
You need to take a walk.
别这样 医生 15分钟前
- C'mon, Doc, I walked I walked Levi
-我才刚遛过李维 -在附近溜达不算
- 15 minutes ago. - I don't mean around the block,
你得走远点 史蒂文
you need to get lost, Steven.
-我不想走远 -也不用走那么远
- I hate getting lost. - Okay, I don't mean get lost.
我的意思是让你多走一会儿
I mean meander.
你必须让大脑跳出现有模式
You need to jolt your brain out of its little rat pattern.
去跟陌生人互动吧
Interact with a stranger.
-好吗? -我不喜欢陌生人
- Alright? - I don't like strangers.
来吧 好孩子
C'mon. C'mon, boy.
这方面我是专家
I know what I'm doing.
好了
Alright.
要不我等你忙完了我们一起去?
- Well, how 'bout I wait, then you can come with me?
好孩子 要是我也去 所有决定都得我来做
- Good boy. Oh, if I come, I'll make all the decisions.
好孩子
Good boy.
你想左拐就左拐
If you feel like turning left, you can turn left.
想右拐就右拐
If you feel like turning right, you turn right.
我就在家里 手♥机♥就在身边 有紧急情况随时找我
I will be here with my phone on in case of an emergency.
而且...
And...
这对你有好处
It's good. You need this.
散步愉快
Have fun.
好了
Okay.
-他不想… -他想出去玩 快走吧
- He doesn't... - He want's to go. Go on. Go on.
好孩子 走吧 好
Good Boy. Good boy. There you go. Okay.
再见
Bye.
要走这边吗?
We going that way?
我敢打赌这些人身上
I bet every one of these people
都有一个歌♥剧故事 李维
has a story for an opera in them, Levi.
我们的项目是关于撒哈拉银蚁的
- So, our project is gonna be on the Saharan silver ants.
以及如何利用仿生学 来改进太阳能电池板的设计
And how we can use biomimicry to improve solar panel design.
这些蚂蚁进化出了很酷的方法
These ants have evolved
让它们能够在白天觅食
this very cool way to be day foragers.
它们用三面体形的绒毛
- The ants use their triangular shaped hairs
向各个方向反射热量
to reflect the heat in multiple directions.
利用仿生学
Using biomimicry,
我们可以制♥造♥这种超反射覆盖层
we would have this hyper reflective material overlayed
这样就能够降低
which would decrease our need
对空调等外部冷却设备的需求
for external cooling like air conditioning.
我会爱你一辈子的
I'm gonna love you for the rest of my life.
好了 李维 我得去尿个尿
- Ugh... Okay, Levi, I have to pee.
有的地方你不能去
We can't all just go wherever we want, you know.
你在这里等着 乖乖的
You stay here. Be a good boy.
五分钟就回来
Five minutes. Five minutes.
嗨
Hi.
水割威士忌
Hi. Uh. Whiskey water.
哪种威士忌? 詹姆森、百龄坛、野火鸡…
- What kind? I got Jamesons, Ballantine, Wild Turkey...
詹姆森
Jameson.
呃 百龄坛...
Uh, Ballantine. Uh...
詹姆森
Jameson.
谢谢
Please.
天气开始转暖了 还是有点冷 不过...
It's warmer out. Cold still, but it's...
我喜欢冷一点
I like the cold weather, though.
能让人头脑敏锐
It keeps the mind sharp.
不过冷的时候我吃的也多
- I eat more, though. In the cold weather.
我什么时候吃的都很多
I eat more all year.
你平时早餐都吃什么?
- Oh yeah, what do you normally have for breakfast?
吐司面包
Toast.
我最近听说这样可能会染上肝炎
- I just read you can get Hepatitis from that.
什么?
What?
免费的坚果
Communal nuts.
我没看见你坐在那里
- I... I didn't see you there.
现在能看见了
Well, here I am.
你下班了?
You off work?
算是吧
Yeah, kind of.
你呢?
Yeah you?
今天休息 来放松一下
- Yeah, got the day off. So kickin' back.
挺好
That's good.
你是干什么的?
What do you do?
驾驶拖船
I operate a tugboat.
驾驶拖船?
You operate a tugboat?
怎么?你觉得它们不用人驾驶?
- You thought they just putted around by themselves?
不是 我就是没想到
- Oh, no. I just didn't... I wasn't expecting that.
你住在哪里?
Where do you live?
船上
On the boat.
现在的码头在巴吞鲁日
Based in Baton Rouge at the moment,
不过我哪儿都去
but I'm everywhere.
你来布鲁克林干什么?
What brings you to Brooklyn?
刚从杰克逊拖了一艘驳船过来
- Just towed a barge from Jackson.
是吗?
Oh, yeah?
驳船上装的什么?
What was on the barge?
盐 砂砾
Salt. Grit.
飞机零件 浴帘
Airplane parts, shower curtains.
基本上你看到的一切
Pretty much anything you can point a finger at
都经历过驳船运输
has been on a barge at one point or another.
电影精选列表