给代顿市
to the city of Dayton
我想确保我们没有被欺骗.
I want to make damn sure we're not getting screwed.
这是我的工作.
This is my work.
绝对是.
Definitely.
如果我是德瓦特,我会相信你的.
And I would believe you, if you were Derwatt.
你忘了松节油对
You forgot what turpentine does
艺术家的指甲有什么影响,是吧?
to an artist's fingernails, didn't you?
你甚至没有任何老茧.
You don't even have any calluses.
他在哪里?你为什么要这样做?
Where is he? Why are you doing this?
这是个意外.
It was an accident.
德瓦特死了.
Derwatt's dead.
-什么时候?-在他的开幕式之夜.
-When? -The night of his opening.
哦,我就知道. 你是杰夫·康斯坦特的朋友.
Oh, I knew it. You're a friend of Jeff Constant.
你们是一伙的.
You're in it together.
你背叛了艺术家的愿景.
You've betrayed an artist's vision.
我不会让你欺骗代顿善良的人们.
I'm not going to let you cheat the good people of Dayton.
这幅画会让代顿出名.
This painting will put Dayton on the map.
代顿已经在地图上了,你这个小混♥蛋♥.
Dayton is on the map, you little shit.
你在干什么?嘿!嘿!
What are you doing? Hey! Hey!
把它给我.
Give it to me.
放开我.
Get off me.
不,你不能.
No, you can't.
那是证据.
That's evidence.
-滚开. -那是证据!
-Get the hell off. -That's evidence!
-请听我说. -离我远点!
-Just listen to me please. -Stay away!
请听我说一秒.
Just listen to me for a second.
尼采!
Nietzsche!
尼采.
Nietzsche.
名字是,呃,默奇森.
The name's, uh, Murchison.
我需要更改我今晚的预订.
I need to change my reservation tonight.
嗯,15.
Uh,15.
快点.
Come on.
谢谢.
Merci.
快点,伙计们. 我们走.
Come on, guys. Let's go.
尼采,阿提拉,凯撒. 快点.
Nietzsche, Attila, Caesar. Come on.
快点,伙计. 我们走!快点!
Come on, boy. Let's go! Come on!
汤姆?你已经回来了.
Tom? You came back already.
我必须见你.
I had to see you.
我希望这样没问题.
I hope this is all right.
安妮特告诉我要随便一点.
Annette told me to just make myself at home.
当然,没问题.
Of course, there's no problem.
啊.
Ah.
我很抱歉. 我,呃,我真笨.
I am so sorry. I, uh, I'm so clumsy.
是的.
Yes.
我觉得我的曾曾祖父
I think my great, great grandfather
几乎没花什么钱就买♥♥下了它.
paid hardly anything for it.
我真笨. 我感觉很糟糕.
I'm so clumsy. I feel terrible.
没关系. 没关系.
It's okay. It's okay.
那些西红柿真棒.
Marvelous, those tomatoes.
你一定是汤姆,
You must be Tom,
嗯,德瓦特有限公♥司♥的合伙人之一.
uh, one of the partners in Derwatt Limited.
对不起. 你是?
I'm sorry. You are?
哦,呃,我叫韦伯斯特. 我是个侦探之类的.
Oh, uh, my name is Webster. I'm a detective of sorts.
伦敦大都会警♥察♥. 你好?
London Metropolitan Police. How do you do?
离苏格兰场有点远,不是吗?
Bit of a way from Scotland Yard isn't it?
你用什么方法让它们这么完美?
Now, what do you use to get them so perfect?
-阳光、水和爱.
-Sunshine, water and love.
你刚才说什么?
You were saying?
我刚才说什么?
I was saying?
我在说一个英国警♥察♥在法国做什么.
What a British policeman is doing in France.
-休假吗?-哦,可惜不是.
-Vacation? -Oh, alas, no.
我在这里正式与当地当局合作,
I'm here officially working with the local authorities,
当然.
of course.
似乎有一位名叫默奇森的
It seems a certain well-connected
美国商人与高层关系密切
American businessman by the name of Murchison
本应几天前抵达伦敦
was supposed to arrive in London a few days ago
却没有做到.
and failed to do so.
现在,据他的妻子说,默奇森来这里
Now, according to his wife, Murchison was coming here
与这位画家德瓦特交谈,
to talk with this painter, Derwatt,
关于一些可能的伪造.
about some possible forgery.
嗯,不完全是. 默奇森在这里,
Mm, not exactly. Murchison was here,
但是来谈论德瓦特而不是和他交谈.
but to talk about Derwatt not with him.
-哦,真的吗?-嗯哼.
-Oh, really? -Mm-hmm.
好吧,他的妻子在这一点上非常清楚.
Well, his wife was very clear on that point.
不,不. 事实上,这些天,呃,
No, no. Fact is, these days, uh,
德瓦特不见任何人.
Derwatt doesn't see anybody.
哦,哦,对.
Oh, oh, right.
所以默奇森先生来找你,汤姆?
So Mr. Murchison came to see you, Tom?
你们之间发生了什么?
And what transpired between you two?
嗯,我能够让他放心
Well, I was able to put his mind at ease
他离开这里时对他的画完全放心.
and he left here completely reassured of his painting.
我不相信你.
I don't believe you.
那是怎么回事?
How's that?
你不可能没有一些特殊的肥料就能得到这么棒的西红柿
There is no way you could get such marvelous tomatoes
没有一些特殊的肥料.
without some special fertilizer.
好吧,他们确实说这里的土壤有些神奇
Well, they do say there's something magical
-哦,天哪,
-about this soil here. -Oh, gosh,
要习惯这种生活方式并不难,
it wouldn't be hard to get used to this kind of life,
对吧?
now would it?
所以你怎么知道默奇森没有只是放松一下?
So how do you know Murchison didn't just cut loose?
像默奇森这样的人不会一时兴起去狂欢.
Men like Murchison don't go off on spur-of-the-moment sprees.
他们喜欢他们的狂欢是计划好的.
They like their sprees to be scheduled.
他们把自己的恶魔紧紧地控制住.
They keep their demons on a tight rein.
-哦,有事故吗?-什么?
-Oh, was there an accident? -What's that?
这个基座上的灰尘.
The dust on top of this pedestal.
中间干净的圆圈.
The clean circle in the middle of it.
是不是有东西掉下来了?
Did something fall off?
是的,我碰倒了一个花瓶.
Yeah, I knocked off a vase.
哦,呵呵呵. 坏孩子.
Oh, ho, ho. Naughty boy.
它是个不错的.
It was a nice one.
所以,在你消除了
So, after you allayed
默奇森先生可能对他的画
whatever fears Mr. Murchison may have had
有的任何恐惧之后,
about his painting,
发生了什么?
what happened?
哦,他待的时间比预期的要长,
Oh, well, he stayed a little longer than he expected,
所以他不得不改签火车票.
so he had to change his train reservation.
所以他打完电♥话♥后,我开车去了拉加雷北站
So after he made the call, I drove to La Gare du Nord
那是我最后一次见到他.
and that was the last time I saw him.
他预订的是几点的票?
What time did he book his reservation?
哦,大概是30左右.
Oh, it was30-ish.
哦,你的记性真好.
Oh, what a remarkable memory you have.
电♥话♥记录显示是32.
The phone records say32.
你查了电♥话♥记录.
You checked the phone records.
是的.
Yes.
哦,说曹操曹操到. 你介意吗?
Oh, speak of the devil. Do you mind?
哦,当然. 请.
Oh, sure. Please.
你好?
Hello?
是的,我在这里.
Yeah, I'm here.
我们遇到了一个非常棘手的问题,你听到了吗?
We're in a really nasty jam, do you hear me?
是的,我现在有点分心,杰夫.
Yeah, I'm a little distracted at the moment, Jeff.
只是——慢慢来,好吗?
Just-- Just take it slow, all right?
你好. 我叫韦伯斯特.
How do you do? My name is Webster.
该死.
Shit.
警♥察♥来过了.
I've had the police around.
似乎默奇森被绑♥架♥了还是怎么了.
It seems Murchison's been kidnapped or something.
你什么意思,被绑♥架♥?你在开玩笑吗?
What do you mean kidnapped? Are you kidding?
是的,他们说他没有回到伦敦.
Yes, well, th-- they say he never made it back to London.
你没有把他打昏或者什么的吧?
You didn't knock him over the head or anything, did you?
是啊,我把他埋在后院了,杰夫.
Yeah, and I buried him in the backyard, Jeff.
你能集中注意力吗?
Could you just focus?
电影精选列表