他最好要求退还他的钱
he would do better to ask for the return of his money
而不是到处说这是某种假货. ”
than to put it about that this is some kind of fake."
一封有力的信.
Strong letter.
现在这么多艺术家,他们几乎不识字.
So many artists these days, they're practically illiterate.
这让我稍微感觉好些.
It makes me feel a little better.
哦,很好. 它当然让我放心了.
Oh, good. It certainly put my mind at rest.
没有什么比真伪问题更糟糕的了.
There's nothing worse than questions of authenticity.
没有什么比认为
Nothing worse than thinking
你被当成傻瓜更糟糕的了.
you've been take for a fool.
是的,当然. 如果你还有其他疑问...
Yes, of course. If you have any further doubts...
呃,我想保留这个.
Uh, I'd like to hang onto that.
实际上的事情是 -
The thing is actually--
我为什么不帮你复♥制♥一份呢?
Why don't I just make a copy for you?
好的.
All right.
你知道我突然想到什么了吗?
You know what does occur to me?
是的,那是什么?
Yeah, what's that?
如果德瓦特在国外,把画送回来,
If Derwatt's abroad and sending the paintings back,
那么可能运输方面出了点问题.
then perhaps something is happening with the shipping.
也许它们没有被正确记录.
Maybe they aren't getting recorded correctly.
如果德瓦特本人
Wouldn't it be amazing if Derwatt himself
被欺骗了,那岂不是很神奇?
was being cheated?
我不明白. 你什么意思?
I don't understand. What do you mean?
嗯,如果德瓦特的作品被伪造了呢?
Well, what if Derwatts are being forged?
就在这里,伦敦被画出来?
Being painted right here in London?
太神奇了.
Amazing.
我考虑过去泰特美术馆
I thought about going to the Tate
征求他们的意见,甚至去报♥警♥,
to ask their opinion and even going to the police,
但我想那可能会变得复杂.
but I thought that might get messy.
我必须说我非常感激
Might I say how much I appreciate
你理解这种情况的微妙之处?
that you understand the delicacy of this situation?
我理解.
I do.
这就是为什么我决定等到我和你,当然,还有德瓦特本人谈过,
And that's why I decided to wait until I spoke with you,
再做决定.
and of course, Derwatt himself.
和他谈谈?
Speak with him?
我有个小理论我想在这个人身上试试.
I have a little theory I'd like to try out on the man.
你有他的电♥话♥号♥码吗?
Do you have his phone number?
- 谁的? - 德瓦特的.
-Whose? -Derwatt's.
嗯,他还在海外.
Well, he's still abroad.
你一定有个联♥系♥方式.
You must have a contact number.
其实,事情是我没有 -
Well, actually, the thing is I--
我更愿意在和警♥察♥谈之前
I prefer to talk to Derwatt
和德瓦特谈谈.
before I talk to the police.
你不认为这样明智吗?
Don't you think that's wise?
是的,当然.
Yes, of course.
想得周到.
Good thinking.
我确实可能有那个号♥码在这儿.
I think I may actually have that number over here.
哦,看. 是的. 在这儿!
Oh, look. Yes. Here it is!
呃,呃,没关系. 我自己来复♥制♥.
Uh, uh, that's okay. I'll copy it myself.
贝尔欧姆布雷城♥堡♥. 那是哪里?
Chateau Belle Ombre. Where is that?
哦,它在法国的某个地方. 可能在任何地方.
Oh, it's in France somewhere. Could be anywhere.
法国是个很大的国家.
It's an enormous country, France.
按照美国的标准不算大.
Not by American standards.
是的,它开放了.
Yeah, it's open.
耻辱,毁灭!
Disgrace, ruin!
什么?默奇森没有买♥♥那封信?
What? Murchison didn't buy the letter?
他想面对面地见德瓦特,男人对男人.
He wants to see Derwatt face-to-face, man-to-man.
真倒霉. 告诉他德瓦特不想见他.
Tough shit. Tell him Derwatt doesn't want to see him.
他有地址,汤姆. 他要去法国了.
He has the address, Tom. He's off to France.
什么地址?
What address?
我不得不给他你给的那个电♥话♥号♥码.
I had to give him that phone number you gave me.
-哦,杰夫. -我还能怎么做?
-Oh, Jeff. -What else was I supposed to do?
告诉他给伯纳德打电♥话♥.
Tell him to call Bernard.
接下来我知道他在该死的互联网上
Next thing I know he's on the bloody Internet
并且找到了地址. 天哪,我讨厌互联网.
and got the address. Christ, I hate the Internet.
他什么时候出发?
When's he leaving?
直接去了滑铁卢. 我也讨厌英吉利海峡隧♥道♥.
Went straight to Waterloo. I hate the Channel Tunnel, too.
所有这些更快的通讯废话
All this faster communications crap
如果你问我,给我们带来的只有痛苦.
has caused us nothing but grief if you ask me.
先生?
Monsieur?
......请.
...s'il vous pla�t.
汤姆先生!
Monsieur Tom!
嗨.
Hi.
但她已经走了.
But she is gone.
普利松先生今天下午带她去巴黎
Monsieur Plisson took her to Paris this afternoon
-然后他们吃晚饭. -哦.
-then they have dinner. -Oh.
小姐会很失望的.
Mademoiselle will be so disappointed.
你觉得如果我留下来给她一个惊喜怎么样?
Do you think it'd be all right if I stayed and surprised her?
她会很高兴见到你的!
She'd be so happy to see you!
只是我正要离开.
Only I was just leaving.
我得去村里.
I have to go to the village.
-你会需要我吗?-不,不.
-Will you need me? -No, no.
如果你是记者,
If you're from the press,
滚开!
piss off!
德瓦特先生?
Mr. Derwatt?
不,我不是记者也不是评论家.
No, I'm not a reporter or a critic.
我是尼尔·默奇森.
I'm Neil Murchison.
我得告诉你,终于见到你真是荣幸
And I gotta tell you, it's a real honor
亲自见到你.
to finally meet you.
你想喝点什么吗?
Would you like a drink?
不了,谢谢. 我只在婚礼和节日喝酒,先生.
No, thanks. Only weddings and holidays for me, sir.
干杯.
Sl�inte.
那么,我相信我给你写了一封关于《浮士德的交易》的信.
So, I believe I wrote you a letter about Faust's Bargain.
我能告诉你什么?
What can I tell you?
嗯,我相信你画了一幅
Well, I believe you painted
叫做《浮士德的交易》的画
a painting called Faust's Bargain
但我只知道卖♥♥给我的照片
but I just know that the picture sold to me
百分之百是假的.
is 100% fake.
现在你为什么这样想?
Now why would you think that?
一幅画胜过千言万语,对吧?
A picture's worth a thousand words, right?
你介意吗?
Do you mind?
毫无疑问那是我的作品.
No question that's my work.
很接近,当然,但是...
It's close, sure, but...
看这里.
look here.
钴蓝. 还有那里.
Cobalt blue. And there.
还有这里.
And here.
还有这里.
And all through here.
钴蓝!
Cobalt blue!
那又怎样?
So?
每当我开始一个新项目
Whenever I start a new project
我喜欢去图书馆,
I like to go down to the library,
或者上网阅读所有该死的东西.
or go online and read every damn thing.
我喜欢钴蓝色.
And I love cobalt blue.
不,你以前喜欢.
No, you used to.
但是后来,去年一年都没有钴蓝,
But then, no cobalt blue for the last year,
没有一个作品里有.
not in any of them.
现在它又回来了,而且在我的画里.
And now it's back and it's in my painting.
这不是一个有意识的选择,你知道的.
It's not a conscious choice, you know.
可以陪我一起弄明白这个吗?
Stick with me on this, will you?
这是我的理论.
This is my theory.
一旦一个艺术家在某个时期使用了某种颜色,
Once an artist has used a certain color
然后在那个时期有意识地
at a certain period, then consciously
或者无意识地,
or unconsciously,
在后来的时期放弃了这种颜色.
abandons the color in a later period.
他再也不会回到那种被放弃的颜色了.
He never reverts to that abandoned color again.
你明白吗?你明白了吗?
You see? Do you see?
默奇森先生,你的职业是什么,嗯?
What did you do for a living, Mr. Murchison, huh?
我在建筑行业.
I'm in construction.
但你不是艺术家,对吧?
But you're not an artist, are you?
不,嗯,我也没有受过
No, well, I wasn't trained
建筑师的训练,但是当我捐赠一些东西
as an architect either, but when I donate something
电影精选列表