好了各位 准备好了
Okay, alright everybody we're ready.
给你 芬恩
Here you go, Finn
我知道
I know.
好的
Okay
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
芬恩亲爱的 生日快乐
Happy birthday dear, Finn
祝你生日快乐
Happy Birthday to you
许个愿望吧 想要什么都可以
Make a wish for anything you want in the world
拜托 到底什么意思
Come on! What do you mean?
现在吗
Right now?
-不知道 我得 -今天是他生日啊
- I don't know. I have to... - No. We're not to... It's his birthday.
我知道今天是他生日 我自己待了一天
I understand it's his birthday. I have been here all day for myself.
整整一天
One full day.
这可是整整一天
This is one full day!
二十四小时啊
Twenty four hours!
相信我 不是因为你
Trust me, it had nothing to do with you.
替我和吉米问好
Please, say "hi" to Jimmy for me.
你总把事情搞得这么复杂
You make everything so difficult.
操♥你♥妈♥
Fuck you!
别这样 芬恩
Finn, no!
回来
Come back!
爸爸 爸爸 别这样
Dad! Dad, no!
等一下 爸爸
Dad, wait!
等等
Wait!
你好 老芬儿
Hey Finnegan.
我不叫那个名字
Um, that's that's not my name.
我知道
I know.
只是觉得这是个不错的外号♥
I just think it's a cute nickname.
有什么问题吗
What's the trouble with that?
我可以问个问题吗
Hey, can I see a question?
你已经问了
I think you already did.
为什么每次你都往那房♥子里看
Why do you look into this house so much.
你每次来送报纸时都这样做
I see you do it every time you drop off my newspaper.
我认识里面住的人 就这样
I just know someone who lives there. That's all.
你去看过他们吗
Do you ever visit them?
没有 他们也不来看我
Nope mmm, and they don't visit me.
你想进来喝点咖啡吗 我刚做了一壶
Do you wanna come inside for some coffee. I just made a pot.
其实我不喝咖啡
I don't really drink coffee.
我也有茶
I have tea.
我得继续送报纸去了
I kinda gotta get back to my route.
好吧
Right.
嗨 今晚有个派对
Hey, um, there's a party going on tonight,
你可以来 我很期待你来
you should come. I would love to see you there.
大学的派对吗
Is it a college party?
对 都是学校的朋友
Yeah, it's friends from school.
我 我没上过大学
I don't... I don't really go to school.
没事的 如果你想带朋友来也行
That's okay. You can bring a friend if you'd like.
至少考虑一下吧
Will you at least think about it?
我会考虑的
I'll think about it.
好的 我会把地址发给你
Okay. Well, I'll send you the address just in case.
好的
Ok.
再见
Bye?
一个辫子还是两个
One or two?
一个吗
One?
两个啊
Two.
知道吗 一个月总有那么几天
You know one of these days I would love
我想听听你的美妙声音
to hear that beautiful voice of yours.
最好把你的鞋脱在外面
You better take those off!
在脱了
I am.
你今天有什么计划
What are you doing today?
去溜冰场
Going to the rink.
不行 不能去 你得照顾妹妹
No, you're not. You're watching your sister.
我得工作
I have to work.
好吧
Okay.
如果你要强迫我照看凯特
If you're forcing me to watch Kate,
那一开始为什么还要问我今天想干嘛
why did you ask what I was doing today?
我就客气一下
Formalities.
妈妈 我得去练习
Mom, I have to go train.
如果你非去不可 可以带她一起去
Okay, if it's that important to you, you can take her with
那 那太丢人了 别人看到怎么办
That's... that's embarrassing. What if people see?
没人去溜冰场的 我觉得没事的
Nobody goes to the rink. I think you'll be fine.
凯特这么大了能自己梳头发了吧
Okay, isn't Kate old enough to do her own hair?
等她脱掉手套还能不乱抓再说吧
Once the mitts come off and she learns to stop scratching
她这么大了还梳双马尾吗
Okay, isn't she a little too old for pigtails?
也许 不过男孩就不会找她了 挺好
Maybe, but it keeps the boys away so it's fine by me.
你们俩没问题的吧
Will you two survive?
是的
Yes.
极光溜冰场
霍伦贝克先生 你好吗
Hey, what's up, Mr. Hollenbeck?
芬恩 凯特 早上好
Good morning, Finn, Kate.
我们可以进去吗
Mind if we, uh, go in?
进去吧 我一会儿就进去
Yeah go on in, I'll be in in a sec.
好的
Ok.
凯特 我和科斯莫约好今天在这见
Okay, Kate. I asked Cosmo to meet me here this morning,
所以别给我丢人好吗
so try and act cool, alright?
帮我计时好吗
Can you time me?
很好
Great.
三 二 一 开始
Three, two, one, go.
时间呢
Time!
35:04 不错的热身速度
Oh, 35:04, not bad for a warmup.
如果你一直这么自我鼓励的话
You know if keep self congratulating yourself,
就没有办法突破了 朋友
you'll never beat your old records, my friend.
科斯莫
Cosmo!
芬恩
Finn!
穿溜冰鞋这样有点难
Kind of hard to do in skates.
好吧
Well.
你最好继续练习吧
You better get back to work.
我来这只是提供情感支持
Okay, I only came here for emotional and
和在非常必要情况下的物理支持
only absolutely necessary physical support.
回到场上去吧
Get back out there.
知道了
Got it.
知道吗 我昨晚下注了
You know I ran the numbers last night.
感觉不太好
It's not looking too good.
知道吗 要想达成完美
You know in order to achieve perfection
肯定是需要联♥系♥的
at something, it's true one needs practice.
但我们需要问问自己
But I needed to ask myself the question
要多熟才能生巧
how much practice does it take to make perfect.
我们都知道这句俗话
We all know the phrase, but I've found
但是我通过研究发现
that in my studies. It takes approximately
大约需要一万个小时来练习
10,000 hours of practicing something
才能达成完美
before achieving perfection at it.
对芬恩来说 就是一天至少四小时
For Finn, this means practicing at least four hours a day
一周六天 星期日可以休息
six days a week. Take off one day for the Sabbath god rest
天赐欢欣哈 这样我们大约一年就有
Ye merry gentlemen. We're looking at around one thousand two
1248个小时练习 所以大约需要
hundred and forty eight hours a year, so it will take roughly
0.012年 芬恩就能
Point zero one two years for Finn to
在溜冰方面臻于完美
achieve perfection at skating by then
到那时他就快三十岁了 不够灵活了
He'll be much closer to thirty, far less flexible.
肌肉量也开始走下坡路
His muscle mass will be on the downhill and
更不要说骨架灵敏度了
don't even get me started on his bone dexterity.
而且比赛四周后就开始了
Oh, and the competitions in four weeks, so
不过我还是尽量乐观 多看好的一面嘛
But I'm trying to remain positive, you know, focus on the good.
说不定根本没人参加比赛
Like maybe no one will show up.
或者参加比赛的其他人
Or maybe no one else in the competition
都没有他那么有毅力 有技术
will be as dedicated and skilled.
不要放弃希望
One can hope.
他真的为这事很拼吧
He's really going all-out for this, huh?
是啊
Yep.
你去年春天把传♥单♥挂在橱窗里那一刻开始
Ever since you posted that flyer in the window,
他就开始成天念叨这事
last spring, it's been all he can talk about
科斯莫 我将成为