And a big question is will he be ready by Christmas?
当然 他可是圣诞老人
Of course! He's a Kringle.
-张嘴 张嘴 -好
- Under. Under. - Ah! Okay.
放在舌头下面 好了 非常好
Under your tongue. All right. There you go. Ooh!
圣诞老人 我给你买♥♥了新围巾
Santa, I got you a new scarf.
还有这个 三周速成啤酒肚
And check this out. Three Weeks To A Jelly Belly...
怎么回事 妈妈
What happened? Mother!
圣诞老人 我以为你在练习雪橇呢
Santa, I thought you were at sleigh practice.
圣诞老人想要再次尝试降落
Santa tried to land again
他没落在屋顶上 撞上了小屋
He missed the roof and hit the den
多谢你们 圣诞老人的助手
Thank you, Santa's Helpers.
这简直是使用过时科技
It was a horrible example of what can
造成可怕后果的一个
go wrong when you're using, well,
典型案例
outdated technology.
尼克表兄撞上之后
After Cousin Nick crashed, the... Oh!
不好意思 你刚刚叫他尼克表兄吗
I'm sorry. Did you just refer to him as Cousin Nick?
难道你不该称呼我的哥哥为"圣诞老人"吗
Shouldn't you be calling my big brother "Santa"?
对不起 我只是觉得
Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought
我们是一家人 所以
that since we were all family, that...
他是你的圣诞老人 是所有人的圣诞老人
Well, he's Santa to you, he's Santa to everyone.
甚至是他自己的圣诞老人
He's even Santa to himself.
实际上 我私下里是不在乎这些礼节的
Well, actually, I'm pretty informal when I'm alone.
我只是尼克而已
I'm just Nick.
私下里 真是个好主意
Alone. That's a jolly idea.
我们让圣诞老人单独待会吧
Why don't we all just give Santa a moment.
好
Okay.
不好意思 盖比
Excuse me, Gabe.
事情一点都不顺利 亲爱的
This is not going well at all, dear.
一只麋鹿差点撞断了鹿角
Dasher nearly broke an antler.
还有 我们的进度远远赶不上计划
And we're way, way behind schedule at the workshop.
你得发挥你的作用
You need to do your job and give
给你哥哥一点圣诞精神
your brother some Christmas spirit,
要不我们不可能在圣诞节前准备好
or else we're not gonna be ready for Christmas.
真重
Oh, this is heavy.
圣诞老人之书 我早读完了 都背下来了
The Book of Santa. I've read it. I've memorized it.
我还听过录音 但就是搞不明白
I've listened to it on tape. I just don't get it.
好吧 我们一块读
Okay. Well, we are gonna read it together
把里面的内容搞明白
and we're gonna figure this out.
我们从最高处这部分开始
Let's start at the top.
最高处是烟囱 真有意思
The top is chimney access, that's funny.
一边用魔法糖果手杖敲烟囱三下
"The chimney will expand when you tapthree times
一边唱《我们祝你圣诞快乐》第一句
with the magical candy cane and sing the first
烟囱就会变大
line of We Wish You A Merry Christmas,
假设现在你要送礼物
"assuming that you stay in key."
-带着驯鹿 -没错
- Hold your reindeer. - Yeah.
那我怎么知道该
How am I supposed to know which is
给哪个孩子什么礼物呢
the right present to give each child?
要是我还没判断他们是淘气还是乖巧
If I haven't determined who's naughty or nice,
我怎么给他们选礼物呢
how can I pick their present?
看 这就是个恶性循环
You see, it's kind of a vicious circle.
好吧
Okay.
这是列表 上面写满了名字
This is the list. It's filled with names.
有些乖巧有些淘气
Some are nice and some are naughty.
还有些名字没有填写
Some of the names haven't been filled in yet,
那些就是你的职责了 明白吗
and that's gonna be your job, okay?
爸爸总说"不是看那些孩子外表怎样"
Dad always said, "It's not about what the kid looks like.
"内心更加重要"
"It's what's on the inside that's important.
"你要看透他们的内心"
"You need to connect with their heart."
我喜欢这句话 该怎么做呢
Oh, I love that. How's that done?
不知道 我猜要集中精神
I have no idea. Just focus really hard, I guess?
好吧
Okay.
乖
Uh... Nice.
她每次数学考试都作弊
She cheated on every math test she ever took.
我要见到这样的 我会给他一袜子煤
That's a... stocking full of coal if ever I've seen one.
他去疗养院探望了祖母之后
Yeah. He saved a kitten from a tree,
从树上救下来了一只猫
after visiting his grandmother in the nursing home.
所以 乖
So, nice?
然后需要弄清楚人们
Okay, we need to figure out what people
想要什么圣诞礼物 开始
want for Christmas. Here we go.
-足球票 -iPad
- Football tickets. - iPad.
下一个好好想想 慢慢来
Really think about this next one. Take your time.
她看起来喜欢弹吉他
She looks like she likes playing guitar,
这把吉他看起来有点旧
and that looks like, uh, an old guitar.
所以我猜是
So, I'm gonna say, um...
-新吉他 -iPad
- New guitar? - iPad.
这个一定可以的
You can do this.
-平板电脑 -波莉
- iPad? - Polly!
-假设我现在在德国 -嗯
- Okay, let's say I'm in Germany. - Yeah.
一个孩子醒了 想跟我聊天
A child wakes up, wants to talk to me,
可我不会他们的语言
I don't speak their language.
但是 圣诞老人会所有的语言
Yeah, but, um, Santa understands all languages.
你也是 我看到你跟提比精灵说阿♥拉♥伯语
And so do you. I saw you speaking Arabic to Elf Tippy.
对 但那是因为盖比教我
Yeah, but that's because Gabe showed me
有个东西叫谷歌♥翻译
how to use this thing called Google Translate.
尼克 我知道你很怕这些驯鹿
Okay, Nick, I know you're scared of the reindeer,
但你要振作起来
but you need to Santa up.
你得告诉它们谁才是老大
You've gotta show them who's boss.
双手紧握缰绳 同时坚定地说"冲啊"
"Grip the reins with both hands while firmly saying 'On Dasher!'"
紧握缰绳 下达命令
Grip, command.
不能把它们当做你可爱的宠物
Can't treat them like your cuddly pets.
你就要进去了 看看你做得多棒
You're almost in. Look how good you're doing!
我不想这么做 不要啊
I don't wanna do this. No!
-太棒了 坚持 -不要啊
- This is great! Let it happen! - No!
不要啊
No!
做得好 好极了
Great job, buddy. That looked great.
-你还好吗 -不好
- You okay? - No!
做好了
All right.
-两杯加倍热的巧克力 -太好了
- Two double hot chocolates. - Great.
一杯加双倍奶油
One with extra whipped cream.
还有 胡椒薄荷
And... peppermint.
热巧克力和胡椒薄荷简直是上天恩赐
Thank garland for hot chocolate and peppermint.
我觉得我一辈子都在发抖 你明白吗
I feel like I've been shivering my whole life, you know?
有时候 我 我多想离开这里
Sometimes, I... I dream about getting out
到一个温暖的地方去
and finding someplace warm,
我能在那儿伸展 放松 甚至只是呼吸
where I can stretch and relax and just breathe, you know?
-那就去吧 -怎么去
- Then you should. - How?
我是圣诞老人 我没有假期
I'm Santa. I don't get a vacation.
我连圣诞假期都没有
I don't even get Christmas off.
如果你精神崩溃了 就做不成圣诞老人了
You can't be Santa if you're having a nervous breakdown.
没人希望你哭着滑进他们的壁炉
Nobody wants you sliding into their fireplace crying and weeping.
这样的圣诞可一点也不快乐
Nothing merry about that.
我不能从烟囱滑下去 我有幽闭恐惧症
Can't go down chimneys. I'm claustrophobic.
你还记得爸爸之前
You remember those magazines
在圣诞节给我带的那些杂♥志♥吗
Dad used to bring me on Christmas?
当然 比如《人物》
Yeah, like People?
我从那儿知道詹妮弗·安妮斯顿很棒
That's how I found out Jennifer Aniston's nice.
美国女演员 曾出演《老友记》
《旅游与休闲》有些板块在讲
Yeah. Travel And Leisure had those sections
最适合圣诞假期旅行的地方
about the perfect Christmas getaway.
有温暖的天气 游泳池 洒满阳光的山
Warm weather, swimming pools, sun-kissed mountains.
你需要看看那本杂♥志♥
You need to look in that magazine,
选个地方 周末放松一下
pick a place, get away for the weekend.
在那边买♥♥几本杂♥志♥给我带回来
Bring me back some issues while you're down there.
盖比表弟
Ah! Cousin Gabe.
你好
Hello.
我要在雪橇上安装GPS和USB接口
I wanted to install GPS and USB-C portals on the sleigh,
我在想你们知不知道
and was wondering if you knew
表哥 圣诞老人 在哪儿
where Cousin... Santa, you know, was.
我觉得他可能在练习驾驶雪橇
I think he probably took the sleigh for a practice flight.
雪橇回来了 所有的驯鹿都在这儿
Well, the sleigh came back, and all the reindeer are here,
但是圣诞老人不在
but there's no Santa.