但“害怕”不是其中之一
but fear isn't one of them.
如果当初我害怕了…
I wouldn't be standing here in front of you...
现在就不会站在你面前 甚至不会来到纽约市
I wouldn't even be in New York City if fear got the better of me.
只是这事儿没这么容易
It's just not that easy.
成功不光需要天赋和决心
We'd be fools not to think that
运气也很重要 要不这么认为 那就太天真了
luck plays a part as well as talent and determination.
我就是这话最好的实例 -你开玩笑吧?
I'm a perfect example of that. -Oh, you must be joking.
如果决定我命运的那一天 布鲁诺·瓦尔特没生病
If Bruno Walter hadn't gotten sick that fateful day
罗津斯基因北部大雪到不了场 我就永远不会有那场首秀
and Rodziński snowed in upstate, I never would've had my debut.
我会在教八岁的小孩子弹钢琴 他们总抱怨…
I'd be teaching piano to little eight-year-olds who complain--
就算不是在那天 也会有另一次机会
If it wasn't that day, it would've been another.
你这么认为? -我坚信这点
Is that what you think? -Yes, I know it.
真的? -当然
Really? -Of course.
而且别忘了…你是个男人
And don't forget... you are a man.
我从不会忘记
I never do.
好
Right.
哦 我的天
Oh, my God.
太棒了!
Bravo!
你演得太出色了
You were marvelous.
老天 雪莉 你能来真是太好了
Oh, my goodness. Shirley, it was very kind of you to come.
我带了理查德·哈特和他妻子莉尔 -不是吧
I brought Richard Hart and his wife, Lil. -No.
他正在跟伊娃·嘉宝一起 排练他的百老汇新剧
Dick is rehearsing his new Broadway show with Eva Gabor
他的这段婚姻长不了 我觉得他是你喜欢的类型
and he is not long for this marriage and, well, I think he is your type.
我喜欢什么类型? -跟我喜欢的一样
What type is that? -Same as mine,
非单身
unavailable.
太棒了
Marvelous.
哦。
Ah, ah...
谢谢你来看我演出
It's so kind of you to come.
我很喜欢你的《月黑之时》
I just love Dark of the Moon.
哦 少来了 你演得很出色
Oh, stop. You're marvelous.
有你出演 这部戏好看多了
The production is better for you being in it.
只是这周而已 但谢谢你这么说
It's only for the week, but that's kind of you to say.
如果他们有点判断力的话 就会让琼斯女士待在床上
If they had any sense, they'll tell Ms. Jones to stay in bed.
你真的很出色
You really are wonderful.
亲爱的 -谢谢 非常谢谢你能来
Dear. -Thank you, it's so kind of you to come.
不客气 -谢谢
My pleasure. -Thank you.
跟我们一起去吃点东西吧
Come have a bite with us. -Oh, I, uh...
不行 我明早要赶火车去坦格尔伍德
I can't, I'm catching the train to Tanglewood in the morning.
坦格尔伍德?
Tanglewood? -Mmm.
你要去见我哥?
You're going to see my brother.
别一副很吃惊的样子 -我没有…我只是…
Well, don't look so surprised. -I'm not... I just...
他没跟我提过
He didn't mention it.
这个嘛…
Well...
也许他想低调点? -我哥 低调?
Perhaps he was being discreet? -My brother?
我很怀疑
I doubt it.
不对 再猜 -老天 是6
No, try again. - Oh, gee, it's six.
不是! -8
No! - Eight.
真没用 -是4…
Terrible. -It's four...
不是 -3
No. -Three.
那肯定就是7了
Well, it has to be seven then.
你能试着集中注意力吗?
Can you try to just concentrate?
也许我该停下来想一想
Maybe I should stop and think for a second.
停下来想吧 因为我现在就在
You just stop and think 'cause I am sending it to you
发送给你
right now.
20 -不是
Twenty. -No.
不是的
No.
我们还要猜多久啊?
So, how long do we have to do this for?
我们需要建立一种非常牢固的联♥系♥
Well, we need to build up a very strong connection.
我做不到 我都不知道你现在在干什么
I can't. I don't know what you're doing. -Hmm?
说不定你正在我背后制♥造♥炸♥弹♥
You could be building a bomb back there for all I know.
哪有
No.
我只是觉得非常放松而已 -把这地方整个炸飞
I'm just very terribly relaxed. -Blow the whole place up.
你不是吗?
Aren't you?
我是 -是吗?
Yes, I am. -Are you?
是
Yes.
我从没见过你这么长时间坐着不动
I've never seen you sit still for so long.
你是不是很想动? -不是
Are you itching to move? -No, I'm not.
很好 -事实上 一点不想
Good. -Actually, at all.
过来 我来帮你系
Come here, I'll do it.
我的老天
My goodness.
我很没用 是吧? -是的
I'm useless, aren't I? -You are.
我该站在哪儿?
Where am I going?
来 站在这里 这条不行 -好吧
Here, stand there. Not this one. -Okay.
不行 -为什么不行?
Not. -Oh, why not?
这个嘛…也许有点太花哨?
Well... a bit garish maybe?
看上去没那么笨拙
Doesn't look bumbling so much.
我喜欢这样
I like this.
我很喜欢你的气味
I love your smell.
是吗? -是的
You do? -I do.
让我想起我父亲
It's my father.
很奇怪吧?
Isn't that odd?
我以前很喜欢…
I used to just love...
在晚上
wrapping myself up
他下班走进门时
in his trench coat,
把自己裹在他的风衣里…
when he would walk in the door at night from work...
那气味会让我陶醉
That smell would intoxicate me.
我总是将这种气味 跟安全感联♥系♥在一起
I always associated it with feeling safe.
她真漂亮 跟我说说她的事吧
She's so beautiful. Tell me about her.
她很棒 是一个很可爱的姑娘 -是的
She's wonderful. She's a lovely girl. -Yes.
我们就… -你们是在哪里认识的?
And we're just-- -Where did you meet?
克劳迪奥·阿劳家的派对上
We met at a party at Claudio Arrau's. -Ah.
费利西亚 你是演员吗?
So, Felicia, are you an actress?
相当出色的演员 没错 -是的 我是
Marvelous actress, yes. - No, I am.
你当然是 -对 我是
Of course you are. - No, I am.
真没想到 我是演员
Unbelievably, I am.
但他不是 -对 我演技很差
He is not. -No, horrible.
我是演员 -我去洛杉矶试过一次镜
No, I am. -Screen tested once in LA
结果很糟糕 -他的演技很糟
and it was horrible. -Terrible actor.
他们送我去了好莱坞 让我站在镜头前
They sent me to Hollywood and put me on camera
然后说:“谢谢 这是一张返回纽约市的单程票”
and said, "Thank you, here's a one-way ticket back to New York City."
真没想到 -“没想到”就对了
Oh, no. - "Oh, no" is right.
他本是我们这里的 第一届夏季生之一 可现在…
He was a student here at our inaugural summer and now...
他是每个人最喜欢的老师
he's everyone's favorite teacher
而且他在指挥学生管弦乐队时 你都进不了那演奏厅
and you can't even get into the shed when he's conducting the student orchestra
因为整个演奏厅都挤满了人
because it's so full.
那只是因为我太爱他们了 -他们也爱你
It's only because I love them so much. - And they love you.
跟我说说罗切斯特爱乐乐团 是怎么回事吧
Tell me what happened with the Rochester Philharmonic.
他们不考虑要我 -这我知道
Oh, they passed me over. - Yes, I know.
他们觉得我花了太多时间 在波士顿跟你在一起
They thought I was spending too much time with you in Boston.
真是因为这个吗? -我觉得是
Is that the reason? -I believe it was.
我们真的应该讨论一下 《我们的小镇》 如果你有…
We should really discuss "Our Town" if you have...
打算跑去好莱坞?
Running off to Hollywood?
把时间浪费在音乐剧上… -我保证
Wasting time on musical theater... -I promise,
我会放弃音乐剧的
I'm giving up musical theater.
莱尼 你要对你的天赋负责
Lenny, you are responsible on account of your gifts.
他能成为第一位伟大的美国指挥家
He can be the first great American conductor.
但他得妥善处理好自己的生活
But he would have to conduct his life
这样 当他走上舞台指挥乐队时
in such a way that when he comes out on stage to lead his orchestra,
可以坦诚地对自己说 “我的生活和工作都很正派”
he can truthfully say to himself, "My life and my work are clean."
还有你的姓氏…
And the name...
他们绝不会把一个管弦乐队 交给一个姓“伯恩斯坦”的人
To a Bernstein, they will never give an orchestra.
要不改姓“伯恩斯”
But a Burns?
伦纳德·S·伯恩斯
Leonard S. Burns.
这我得考虑一下 -我曾经在
I'd have to sleep on that. -I used to entertain people
往返莫斯科的火车上为乘客表演
on the train going back and forth to Moscow.
每次抵达后 我都必须立即返回
And upon every arrival, I had to return straightaway
因为作为犹太人 我们没资格住在那里
because, of course, as Jews, we weren't allowed to live there.
我从没见过莫斯科长什么样
I never saw the city.
一次都没有
Not once.
但我有了表演的机会
But I got to play.
电影精选列表