without the approval of the Secretary of the Army.
在没有陆军部长的批准下,不能移♥动♥到第9街以东。
And quite frankly, I was a little shocked.
坦率地说,我有点震惊。
We would need approval at that level of government to move
我们需要得到,一定级别的政♥府♥部门的批准,才能
personnel, you know, a few blocks over from where they are.
调动人员,你知道,从他们所在的地方,都在几个街区之外。
I mean that is, that's like,like huge, right?
我的意思是,这就像,就像庞大的(体制),对吧?
That never happens.
那却没有发生。
[Mel]I'd been documenting protests and marches for over a year
at that point, it seems like.
[梅尔] 那时我似乎已经记录了一年多的抗♥议♥和游♥行♥。
I started going to Trump rallies
because Trump is a part of the story.
我开始参加特朗普的集♥会♥,因为特朗普是这个故事的一部分。
As a photographer,what was very significant to me
are the people and the people that were there to attend the rally.
作为一名摄影师,对我来说,意义重大的是人们,和参加集♥会♥的人们。
(梅尔.D.科尔。摄影师)
[Mel] Part of the reason I do what I do when it comes
to these protests is document,you know, the both sides.
[梅尔] 我处理这些抗♥议♥活动的部分原因,是要记录双方的情况。
I mean, here's this young Black wearing a fucking
Make America Great Again red cap.
我是说,这个年轻的黑人戴着一顶“让美国再次伟大”的红帽子。
I couldn't believe it.
我几乎都不敢相信。
What the fuck are you doing? What are you doing here?
你♥他♥妈♥在干什么? 你在这里做什么?
Why, ugh. [indistinct speech]
为什么,呃。 [听不清的说话声]
梅尔.D.科尔:一点儿都不犹豫。为什么来这。
Why am I here? Man,I'm here for President Trump.
我为什么在这里? 伙计,我是为特朗普总统来的。
I'm here put that energy in a bucket, man, like...
我在这里,把能量储存起来,伙计,就像...
You start talking to these MAGA people, and you just become
当你开始和这些“挺特朗普”的人交谈时,你就会
fascinated with their values and their thought process
被他们的价值观、他们的思维过程
and why they believe what they believe.
以及他们为什么相信,“自己所相信”的东西,所吸引。
[protestor] ...understand and know that this is a cause
must also understand that it is a righteous cause.
[示♥威♥者]...明白并知道,这是一项事业,也必须明白,这是一项正义的事业。
[indistinct crowd chatter]
[人群中模糊的闲聊]
(特朗普抓住了他们“软肋”)
[Mel] This is where I knew,and I was like, "Ah, shit,
[梅尔] 这就是我知道的地方,我想,“啊,该死,
we got the Confederate flag out this bad boy?"
我们得把“南方邦联旗”,从这个坏孩子身上拿开吗?”
Fucking crazy.
简直就是疯了。
It's the first time I've ever seen a Confederate flag in person.
这是我第一次亲眼看到“南方邦联旗”。
I've never seen one in my life right before my eyes.
我这辈子,还从没亲眼见过。
No.
没有。
This is the first time,Washington, DC,
这是第一次,在华盛顿,在首都,
January 6th, 2021.
在2021年一月6日。
[indistinct crowd chatter]
[听不清的交谈声]
(旗子上写:别践踏我)
I thought, you might need to definitely more than usual,
keep your head on a swivel.
我想,你可能需要比平时更加努力,要保持头脑清醒。
[Daniel] I follow the news. I'm aware of the political climate
[丹尼尔]我关注新闻。我知道这个国家的政♥治♥气候,
(丹尼尔.霍奇斯,首都警♥察♥局警官)
in this country and how divisive things have been in recent times.
以及最近一段时间的分♥裂♥程度。
So, I'd absolutely understand when communities of color
feel feel like they've been mistreated by law enforcement
所以,当有色人种社区,感到他们受到执法部门的虐待时,我完全理解,
because there is absolutely a history of that in this country.
因为这个国家,绝对有这样的历史。
And, I'm not ignorant of the past.
而且,我也不是,不了解过去。
I am not ignorant of the present.
我更不是,不了解现在。
[Daniel] With that said, in 2020,we would work 18 hours a day
with no days off for like a month at least,
[丹尼尔]话虽如此,到2020年,我们将每天工作18小时,至少一个月没有休息日,
and from a law enforcement perspective,
从执法的角度来看,
that was the backdrop for January 6th.
这就是1月6日的背景。
[indistinct speech]
[听不清的说话声]
[Daniel] That day, we're posted along Constitution Avenue.
[丹尼尔]那天,我们沿着宪法大道巡逻。
The thing that really stood out were those who were wearing
ballistic vests, helmets,goggles, fire gloves,
真正引人注目的是那些,穿着防弹背心、头盔、护目镜、防火手套的人,
backpacks packed full of who knows what,
背包里装满了,我们一无所知的东西,
that was concerning obviously but that in it of itself isn't
something that we can stop people for.
这显然是令人担忧的,但这本身,并不是我们可以阻止人们的理由。
[MPD] Keep it going, come on,keep the march going.
[首都警♥察♥] 继续前进,别停下,继续前进。
You've got a great march going here, come on.
你们的游♥行♥路线,是畅通的,继续走吧。
[Daniel] At one point, some people with tact gear came up
to one of my colleagues
[丹尼尔]有一次,一些装备精良的人,走到我的一个同事面前,
and said, "Is this all the police officers you have?"
并说道:“你们就出动了这么几个警♥察♥吗?”
And my colleague looked down at him, and was just confused,
我的同事低头看着他,很困惑,
like, uh, didn't know how to respond.
不知道该怎么回答。
And then the guy also said,"Do you really think you could stop us?
然后那个人又说:“你真的认为,你们能阻止我们吗?”
So that was rather ominous.
所以,这充满了不详的气氛。
[Chief Contee] So, I'm checking out the landscape of the city.
[康蒂局长] 所以,我要看看这个城市的形势。
-Whose streets? -Our streets!
-谁的街道? -我们的街道!
-Whose streets? -Our streets!
-谁的街道? -我们的街道!
[Chief Contee] I'm in the car, and there were a group of
individuals marching in formation, which is what caught my attention.
[康蒂局长] 我在车里,看到一群人列队行进,这引起了我的注意。
They were walking towards the US Capitol.
他们正朝着美国国会大厦走去。
And I took a picture of that.
我拍了一张照片。
[crowd] (chanting) Where's Antifa?
[人群](喊叫)安提法在哪里?
Where's Antifa? Where's Antifa?
安提法组织在哪里?安提法组织躲在哪里?
(反特朗普的左翼激进组织,字面意思是“反法♥西♥斯♥”)
[Chief Contee] Some of them were wearing orange skull caps,
and they had, like,these ballistic vests on.
[康蒂局长] 他们中的一些人,戴着橙色的骷髅帽,像这样,还穿着防弹背心。
Obviously, I'm thinking about,you know, some type of training,
我在想,你知道,他们显然受过某种类型的训练,
prior law enforcement,potentially military,potentially.
很可能,是之前的执法人员,甚至可能是军事人员。
I'm thinking about all those things.
我在考虑各种情况。
And I reached out to our Homeland Security Chief
我联♥系♥了,我们的国土安♥全♥部♥长,
and I said, "Hey, I just noticed this.
我说:“嘿,我刚注意到这个。
We need to make sure that we're communicating with Capitol,
that this is coming their way."
“我们需要确保我们正在与国会的沟通,这是他们的方式。”
[crowd] (chanting) Fuck Antifa!
[人群喊声] 去他妈的安提法!
Fuck Antifa!
去他妈的安提法!
Fuck Antifa!
去他妈的安提法!
[crowd clamoring]
[人群喧闹声]
[Mel] I said let me go see how many people are really
at this damn thing.
[梅尔] 我说,让我去看看到底有多少人,在搞这些鬼把戏。
Got all the way up, went up this riser and then it was like,
一直爬上去,爬上这个竖板,然后我就像这样,
holy shit.
我的天呐。
This is thousands of people.
这足有成千上万的人。
Thousands.
绝对好几千。
When I saw that,I was like, goddamn.
当我看到的时候,我就想,该死的。
There's definitely going to be some agitators
amongst a crowd of this size.
在这么大的人群中,肯定会有一些煽动者。
[crowd] (chanting) Trump! Trump! Trump!
[人群喊声] 特朗普!特朗普!特朗普!
Whooooo!
喔!
[cheering]
[欢呼声]
[President Trump] The media will not show the magnitude of this crowd.
[特朗普总统] 媒体不会展示这群人的规模。
These people are not going to take it any longer.
这些人再不会,接受这样下去了。
They're not going to take it any longer.
他们不会再接受这样了。
I just really want to see what they do.
我只是想看看,他们是怎么做的。
I just want to see how they cover it.
我只是想看看,他们是怎么包庇它的。
I've never seen anything like it.
我从来没见过,像这样的事。
It'd be really great if we...
如果我们...那真是太好了
-[Erica's mother] Take this now? -[Erica] Yep.
-[艾丽卡的母亲] 现在就服用吗? -[艾丽卡]是的。
See ya, Mom!
回头见,妈妈!
[Erica's mother] Bye-bye, have a good day.
[艾丽卡的母亲] 再见,开心过一天。
[Erica] You too.
[艾丽卡] 你也是。
(艾丽卡.罗伊,
美国众议院多数党党♥鞭♥,E.克莱伯恩的信息部副主管)
[Erica] That day, I was so excited
for this certification of these votes.
[艾丽卡]那天,我对这些选票的认证,感到非常兴奋。
I had never experienced that, and so I drove to work
really excited,I got all dressed up.
我从没有过这样的经历,所以我非常兴奋地开车去上班,我还盛装打扮了一下。
I've always worked in spaces that are meant to advocate
or uplift the Black community.
我一直在倡导或提升黑人社区空间的工作。
And when Donald Trump became president, it was,
当唐纳德.特朗普成为总统时,这工作,
it was a challenging time,to say the least.
至少可以说,它充满了挑战性。
Um, so it felt like it was a new day, you know?
我感觉,这是新的一天,你能理解吗?
Joe Biden campaigned on a message of unity,
乔·拜登的竞选口号♥是:团结,
and it was something that we had not heard in a few years,
这是我们好几年,没有听到过的声音,
so I was really,really, really excited to see what the future held.
所以,我非常、非常兴奋地想看看,未来会发生什么。
[indistinct speech in distance]
[远处含混的讲话声]
[Rep. Raskin] I remember driving down North Capitol Street,
[拉斯金众议员]我记得我开车沿着北国会街行驶,
(杰米.拉斯金,马里兰州第8选区联邦众议员)
passing Lincoln's cottage and the Rock Creek Cemetery,
which is acres of tombstones.
经过林肯别♥墅♥,和石溪公墓,那里有几英亩的墓碑。
My whole life, I've thought a lot about Abraham Lincoln.
我一生,都在思考亚伯拉罕·林肯这个人。
That day, I thought about Lincoln losing his son
in 1862 near the beginning of the Civil War,
那天我想到了,林肯在1862年,内战刚刚开始时,就失去了他的儿子,
and not being able to properly grieve for his son
他都不能好好哀悼他的儿子,
and being pulled immediately into all of
the military planning and everything.
还被扯进了所有的军事计划,和所有的政务公事。
[Rep. Raskin] I want to thank all of you for coming
and sharing our grief.
[众议员拉斯金] 我要感谢你们所有人的到来,分担我们的悲痛。
Sharing our joy also,about the life of Tommy.
也分享我们,关于汤米生活的快乐。
I've lost something so fundamental,so elemental in my life
I am not sure at times that I even recognize the world.
我失去了生命中最基本、最主要的人,有时我甚至不确定,自己是否认识这个世界。
Uh, my son Tommy had taken his life on December 31st, 2020,
我儿子汤米,在2020年12月31日,自杀了,
电影精选列表