- 噢,呃…我的妻子。-你好?
- Oh, er... my wife. - How do you do?
出了什么事,迈克?
What happened, Mike?
没事,艾莉。这些是我们的邻居,菲尔波特一家。
It's all right, Ellie. These are our neighbours, the Philpotts.
菲尔波特医生是本地的医生。
Dr Philpott is the local doctor.
-我的妻子,艾莉。-你好?
- My wife, Ellie. - How do you do?
桑东尼克。
Santonix.
他们花了很长时间才开到那里。
They've taken a long time to get there.
是的。
Yes.
但他们肯定不会……
But surely they wouldn't...
是的,为什么会有人…
Yes, why would anybody...
可能是流氓。
Probably some hooligan.
更有可能是怪胎。
A crank, more likely.
你已经做了一定程度的宣传了,对不对?
You've had a certain amount of publicity, haven't you?
非常具有破坏性的鬼魂,瓦纳迪。
Very destructive spirit, Wanadi.
不可能是……哦,不,不,当然不是。
It couldn't be... oh, no, no, surely not.
什么?
What?
汤森德小姐吗?
Miss Townsend?
汤森德小姐? !
Miss Townsend?!
只是我们第一次在这儿相逢时她警告过我们别来。
It's just that she warned us off when we first met here.
她吓坏了埃莉。
She rather frightened Ellie.
还有…嗯,她……她似乎总是在这个地方闲荡。
And... well, she... she seems to be always hanging around the place.
哦,她确实有点古怪。
Oh, she is a bit odd, certainly.
认为自己是本地的先知,等等。
Considers herself the local seer, and so on.
但我想你知道这个故事吧?
But I expect you know the story?
哦,就一块,谢谢。
Oh, just one piece, thank you.
但我看不出她有任何恶意破坏的做贼心虚。
But I can't see her being guilty of anything like malicious damage.
事实上,我们家欠她一笔人情。
Matter of fact, my family owes her something of a debt.
有一年冬天,我去军队行医,
One winter, when I was away army doctoring,
她捞出了我的一个小侄子
she fished out a young nephew of mine
他穿过我们湖上的冰。
who'd gone through the ice in our lake.
见鬼。滑了一跤!
Damn. Slipped!
对不起,艾莉。
Sorry, Ellie.
来,让我……
Here, let me...
只是……
It's just that...
我想说的是我在学校最好的朋友…
Well I was going to say that my best friend at school...
-就这样死的。-哦,我很难过。
- went like that. - Oh, I'm sorry.
他们常叫我们大卫和约拿单,我们…
David and Jonathan, they used to call us, we...
我们在一起这么久。
we were together so much.
-是滑冰吗?-是的,在水库上面。
- Skating, was it? - Yes, up on the reservoir.
就在前一天演讲日,我们还像往常一样表演了莎士比亚的戏剧。
Only the day before, we played in the usual bit of Shakespeare on Speech Day.
那时我痴迷于上舞台
In those days I was crazy to go on the stage.
你说什么,高贵的心?
What say'st thou, noble heart?
你以为我要做什么?
What will I do, think'st thou?
罗德利哥,去睡觉吧。
Why, Roderigo, go to bed and sleep.
我要无节制地淹死自己。
I will incontinently drown myself.
如果你做了,
If thou dost,
我发誓以后我再也不会爱你了。如果你非要
I shall never love thee after it. If thou wilt needs
害死自己,用一种比溺水更优美的方式。
damn thyself, do it a more delicate way than drowning.
你听见了吗,罗德利哥?
Do you hear, Roderigo?
罗德利哥!
Roderigo!
别死!
Don't die!
别死!
Don't die!
想想看,可能是射中,不是吗?
Come to think of it, it could have been a shot, couldn't it?
嗯?
Mmm?
射中。
A shot.
哦,是的,我想可能。
Oh yes, I suppose it could.
好吧,再见。
Well, goodbye.
-如果我能帮上忙…- 谢谢。
- And if I can be of any help... - Thank you.
-再次感谢可爱招待…-很高兴认识你们。
- Thank you again for the lovely... - Very nice to have met you.
-再见 -很高兴认识你
- Goodbye - Nice to have met you.
你们安顿下来后,我将举办一个派对,让你们见见邻居。
When you've settled in, I'll organise a party for you to meet the neighbours.
- 好。- 再见!
- Good. - Goodbye!
-我们回去好吗?-我们穿过那条路,亲爱的,好。
- Shall we go back there? - Let's walk across that way, dear, yes.
我不会让任何人把我们赶走!
I won't let anybody drive us away!
这是我们的房♥子,我们要住在里面!
This is our house, and we're gonna stay in it!
我们当然。
Of course we are.
我们说这像是对命运的挑战
We said it like a challenge to fate,
一度,看起来和谐
and, for a time, it seemed to work.
然后,葛丽塔来了。
Then, Greta came.
艾莉说,只是度周末,但是……
It was only to be for the weekend, Ellie said, but...
迈克!
Mike!
来看看葛丽塔给了我们什么。
Come and see what Greta's given us.
我们的乔迁庆宴礼物!
Our housewarming present!
- 你好,葛丽塔。- 你好,迈克。
- Hello, Greta. - Hello, Mike.
你真不该这么做,亲爱的。
You really shouldn't have, darling.
我等不及要看了!
I can't wait to see!
噢,真漂亮!难道不好看吗!
Oh, isn't he beautiful! Isn't he gorgeous!
噢,谢谢你,亲爱的,他真是太可爱了!
Oh, thank you, darling, he's absolutely lovely!
-对不对,迈克?-是的,很好。
- Isn't he, Mike? - Yes, very nice.
现在,我们把他放在哪儿呢?
Now, where shall we put him?
有意见吗,亲爱的?
Any ideas, darling?
几个。
Several.
那边怎么样?
How about over there?
让我们把这东西拿开…
Let's get this thing out of the way...
还有那……
and that...
嗯…
Um...
嗯!
Mmm!
好!
Good!
当然除了这幅画把猫给杀了。
Except, of course, that that painting kills the cat.
你不同意吗,迈克尔?
Don't you agree, Michael?
或者是猫把画给杀了。
Or the cat kills the painting.
顺便说一句,正好是我为艾莉找到的画!
Which, incidentally, I happen to have found for Ellie!
你可以把它放在任何地方。把它放在书房♥里。
Oh you can put it anywhere. Put it in the study.
噢!呃…你有两级台阶吗?
Ooh! Er... have you got a pair of steps?
拿台阶,亲爱的。
Get the steps, darling.
亲爱的……
Darling...
我努力了,好吧
I tried, all right.
那个周末剑拔弩张, 葛丽塔在那里
It was a hell of a strain that weekend, Greta being there.
但我当然努力了
But I certainly tried.
直到…
Until...
我妻子很可能被杀,警官!
My wife could easily have been killed, Sergeant!
我告诉你,她吓坏了,那匹该死的马也吓坏了!
I tell you, she was scared stiff, and so was the bloody horse!
老夫人到底对她说了什么?
What'd the old lady say to her, exactly?
大叫着愚蠢的话,说看到死神骑在她的肩膀上。
Yelled out something stupid about seeing death riding at her shoulder.
一般她从不大叫。完全不是她平常的风格。
Never yells as a rule. Not her usual style at all.
哦,这不是重点,对吧?
Oh, well, that's hardly the point, is it?
除非这次有人付钱让她做。
Unless this time somebody's paying her to do it.
-为什么要付钱给她?- 我不知道。
- Now why should anyone pay her? - Dunno.
把你和罗杰斯夫人吓跑?
Frighten you and Mrs Rogers off?
你说过这种事以前发生过两三次。
You said something about it's happened two or three times before.
是的,但我很难设想汤森德小姐是那种你可以贿赂的人。
Yes, but I'd hardly have thought Miss Townsend was the sort you could bribe.
不错,但假如是巧妙地对她说
True, but supposing it was put to her cleverly
她没有像汤森德家的人应该的那样逍遥快活
that she wasn't living it up like a Townsend ought to,
不是真正的汤森德。
not being a real Townsend.
呃…可能是她的敏感点。
That, er... might be her sensitive spot.
你这样说一定有道理。
You must have some reason for saying that.
不完全是,罗杰斯先生。
Not really, Mr Rogers.
如果不是她雇了一辆大戴姆勒
Except that she hired a big Daimler
当她进行她最近的敲桌子招魂之旅时,呃…
when she went on her last table-rapping safari, and, er...
之前公共汽车对她来说总是足够好的。
the bus has always been good enough for her before.
迈克?
Mike?
啊!
Aah!
艾莉!
Ellie!
-你受伤了吗?-噢,我的脚踝!
- Are you hurt? - Oh, my ankle!
我摔到那东西上,我想我扭到了。
I fell on that thing, and I've twisted it, I think.
你到底在这里干什么
What on earth are you doing out here
在半夜,亲爱的?你疯了吗?
in the middle of the night, darling? Are you crazy?
那你呢?
Well, what about you?
出了什么事,迈克?
What happened, Mike?
没事。没事!
Nothing. Nothing!
电影精选列表