我没法不去想它。
I can't get it out of my mind.
你瞧,艾莉本会和我在一起
You see, Ellie would have been with me
如果我不是打算给她的生日一个惊喜。
if I hadn't've planned a surprise for her birthday.
她看起来…
Well, she looked...
在我离开前健康快乐…
well and happy before I left, before I...
她……
she...
她……
sh...
给罗杰斯先生一杯水。
Give Mr Rogers a glass of water.
如果你想,请坐下来歇一会。
Do, please, sit down and wait a little, if you like.
不,不,不,我…我很好。我很好,谢谢。
No, no, no, I'm... I'm all right. I'm all right, thank you.
她独自在家,你瞧……
She was alone, you see...
艾莉。
Ellie.
她……
She...
艾……
El...
艾莉独自死去。
Ellie died alone.
最令人痛苦了。
Most distressing.
谢谢你,罗杰斯先生。
Thank you, Mr Rogers.
- 我能说句话吗,先生?- 当然可以。
- May I say something, sir? - Certainly.
好吧,我……我人心不足,先生。
Well, I'm... I'm not satisfied, sir.
哦?
Oh?
为什么?
Why?
呃,出的事。
Well, things have happened.
之前出的事,我告诉你们的事。
Things have happened before, the things I told you about.
她…
She was...
那天早上她好端端的。她是完美…
she was well that morning. She was per...
我…我就是人心不足,先生。
I'm... I'm just not satisfied, sir.
我明白了。
I see.
谢谢你,罗杰斯先生。我能理解你的痛苦。
Thank you, Mr Rogers. I can understand your distress.
谢谢你,罗杰斯先生。
Thank you, Mr Rogers.
基恩警官。
Sergeant Keene.
汤森德小姐上庭了吗?
Is Miss Townsend in court yet?
-没有,先生。-为什么没有?
- No, sir. - Well, why not?
这些所谓的威胁和警告可能是实质性的。
These alleged threats and warnings could be material.
她不在家,先生
She's not been at her home, sir,
从那以后就再也没见过她,不过我们估计很快就能找到她。
nor seen anywhere since, but we expect to locate her soon.
嗯,我当然希望如此。
Well, I certainly hope so.
一切都指向死亡是由于意外,
Well, everything points to death being due to accidental causes,
没有足够的证据证明它是如何发生的。
with insufficient evidence to show how it occurred.
在这种情况下,我想我必须暂停调查
In the circumstances, I suppose I must adjourn this inquest
直到找到汤森德小姐
till Miss Townsend can be found.
我相信我们都感到非常深切的同情
I'm sure we all feel the very deepest sympathy
对于失去亲人的年轻丈夫。
for the bereaved young husband.
迈克尔?
Michael?
迈克尔!
Michael!
回房♥子去?
Going back to the house?
不。葛丽塔还在那儿收拾。
No. Greta's still there, clearing up.
菲尔波特一家会暂时照顾我。
The Philpotts are looking after me for a while.
-你好? -你好?
- How do you do? - How do you do?
呃…你介意我和迈克尔走先吗?
Er... do you mind if I go ahead with Michael?
回头见,迈克尔。
I'll see you later, Michael.
你什么意思,你真的不信?
What did you mean, you aren't really satisfied?
我真希望我知道。
Oh, I wish I really knew.
你知道吗?
You know something?
那天早上鲁本就在附近骑马。
Reuben was out riding near there that morning.
鲁本?
Reuben?
他曾经说过科拉信托财产微薄,
Well, he said something once about Cora having the thin end of the trust,
艾莉碍事。
and Ellie standing in the way.
大家都知道鲁本从来没有把事情做对过。
Reuben has never been known to get anything right.
马、女人或事实。
Horses, women, or facts.
他的无能近乎于超自然。
His incompetence borders on the supernatural.
再说,艾莉不再是科拉的妨碍了。你是。
Besides, Ellie wasn't in Cora's way anymore. You were.
我吗?
Me?
恐怕你得去美国了。
I'm afraid you'll have to come to America.
为什么?
What for?
照看你的商业利益。
To look after your business interests.
哦,你不知道吗?
Oh, didn't you know?
艾莉结婚后不久就改了遗嘱。
Ellie altered her will soon after she got married.
她是在伦敦做的,我很遗憾地说,没有跟我商量。
She did it in London, and, I regret to say, without consulting me.
你是主要受益人。
You are the principal beneficiary.
但我不知道…我…
But I'd no idea... I...
我甚至不知道她立了遗嘱。
I didn't even know she'd made a will.
哦,是的。遗产分布庞大。
Oh, yes. And the ramifications of the estate are enormous.
不听专家的建议,你会彻底糊涂。
Without expert advice, you'll be thoroughly confused.
听了,你会甚至更糊涂。
With it, you'll be even more confused.
你应该来美国还有另外一个原因。
There's another reason why you should come to America.
艾莉的遗嘱要求把她葬在那里。
Ellie's will called for her to be buried there.
但她不会想要的!
But she wouldn't want that!
远离桃花源?
Away from Gipsy's Acre?
我猜她没想到要改那部分遗嘱。
I guess she didn't think to alter that part.
你瞧,她还没有死的打算。
You see, she wouldn't have been expecting to die just yet.
美国?
America?
罗杰斯先生,用简单的语言来说,
Putting it into very simple language, Mr Rogers,
运特运输公♥司♥15%的股份
fifteen percent of the holdings in Transtex Transportation
在1990年以前每五年可换成
are convertible every five years until 1990
分叉黄石公♥司♥股票
into Bifurcated Yellowstone
价格从$28.20逐渐升到$36.60
at prices escalating from $28.20 to $36.60
每股。
per stock unit.
我觉得有必要发表意见
I feel called upon to remark
考虑到道琼斯指数近期的表现,
that, bearing in mind the recent behaviour of the Dow Jones Index,
与西北锌业说再见可能是明智的……
it might be wise to kiss goodbye to Northwest Zinc...
我谦恭地说,
And I say, with due humility,
千载难逢才认识这样一个非常可爱,
that it was a rare privilege to have known such an utterly lovable,
非常温暖,非常愉悦,
utterly warm, utterly delightful,
非常慷慨的人。
and utterly outgiving personality.
我觉得有必要发表意见
And I feel called upon to remark
考虑到道琼斯指数近期的表现,
that, bearing in mind the recent behaviour of the Dow Jones Index,
与西北锌业说再见也许是明智的,
it might be wise to kiss goodbye to Northwest Zinc,
再投资于不那么不稳定的企业。
and reinvest in a less volatile enterprise.
因为我们没带来什么到世上。
For we brought nothing into this world,
当然我们带不走什么。
and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
那么,为什么不把剩余遗产投资到联合金属中去呢?
So why not invest the residue in Consolidated Metallics?
一个非常非常可靠的公♥司♥。
A very, very sound corporation indeed.
永远留在我们心中一段美好的回忆。
Remaining forever a fragrant memory in our hearts.
让我们祷告。
Let us pray.
尘归尘,
Ashes to ashes,
土归土。
dust to dust.
在这里签字。
Sign here.
在那里签字。
Sign there.
酒斟够了说一声!
Say when!
我说过会让人糊涂,但就要理清了。
I said it would be confusing, but that about clears it up.
你回家后要做什么?
What will you do when you return home?
你将住在哪里?
Where will you live?
当然是桃花源。
Gipsy's Acre, of course.
艾莉不会让我卖♥♥的。它是我们的家。
Ellie wouldn't want me to sell it. It was ours.
-葛丽塔还在照看吗?-嗯,直到我回去。
- Greta still looking after it? - Well, till I get back.
我能咨♥询♥你一件事吗,利平科特先生?
Can I ask you something, Mr Lippincott?
不知为什么,我从来没机会叫你“安德鲁叔叔”。
Somehow, I've never got around to calling you "Uncle Andrew".
不,也许那是……艾莉的特权。
No, that was... Ellie's prerogative, perhaps.
如你所知,
As you know,
我从来没有多少时间管理葛丽塔。
I've never had much time for Greta.
然而,她是一个非常可靠的姑娘。
A very confident girl, nevertheless.
是的,就是这样。我是说平心而论。
Yes, well, that's it. I mean fair's fair.
当我解雇她时,我应该给她一件礼物,还是什么?
When I dismiss her, should I give her a present, or what?
艾莉为她做了充足的准备
Well, Ellie provided for her adequately,
但如果她离开时,你想增加
but if, when she leaves, you want to add
法国人所谓的“打赏”……嗯,这取决于你。
what the French call a "douceur"... well, that's up to you.
呃…你要飞回去吗?
Er... are you flying back?
- 不,坐船。- 哦。
- No, sailing. - Oh.
明天的船。我想航海对我有好处。
Tomorrow's boat. I think the voyage will do me good.
是的。
Yes.
电影精选列表