我已经长大了,可以做任何我想做的事。
I'm old enough to do anything I want.
任何事。
Anything.
迈克……
Mike...
我去看了你的朋友,桑东尼克。
I went to see your friend, Santonix.
我和葛丽塔从罗马去的。
Greta and I went from Rome.
你说得对,他是个很棒的人
You're right, he's a wonderful person,
他会给你建一栋很棒的房♥子!
and he'll build you a wonderful house!
是的,我们可以忘掉它,
Yes, well, we can forget it,
因为今天早上我听说桃花源没了。
because I heard this morning that Gipsy's Acre's gone.
某人买♥♥了它。
Someone's bought it.
嗯。
Mmm.
我知道。
I know.
我买♥♥的!
I have!
谢谢你!
Thank you.
非常感谢!
Thank you very much!
求你不要走,迈克。求你!
Please don't go, Mike. Please, please!
你瞧…
You see...
我以前从未遇到过像你这样的人。
I never met anyone like you before.
从未。
Never.
-我郑重声明… -我郑重声明…
- I do solemnly declare... - I do solemnly declare...
-我所知没有任何法律上的障碍…
- I know not of any lawful impediment...
我们在一起的生活就是从那里开始的
That was where our life together began,
在威尔士山区的那个小镇上
in that tiny township in the Welsh mountains,
周围仅有的新闻记者
where the only newspapermen around
是来报道牧羊犬选赛的
were there to cover the sheepdog trials.
英语只是第二语言
And English was only the second language.
“亲爱的妈妈,
"Dear Mum,
抱歉事后才告诉你,我上周结婚了
"Sorry to let you know after the event, but I got married last week.
"她可爱甜美,我恐怕她很有钱
"She's lovely and sweet, and I'm afraid she has an awful lot of money.
"正在大♥陆♥上度蜜月
"Honeymooning on the continent.
“爱你的迈克。”
"Love, Mike."
这么说吧,为什么要围住房♥子?
Why keep a house in, so to speak?
为什么不让它成为风景的一部分呢?
Why not make it a part of the landscape?
只要你愿意,随时融入自然。
To be joined with it, whenever you like.
你出于本能不谋而合,迈克。
You arrived at the same idea by instinct, Mike.
-我能看看里面吗? -不,求你了…
- Can I see inside? - No, please, please...
等我带你去看完工的房♥子。
Not until I show you the finished house.
你必须留我一点袖里乾坤。
You must leave me something up my sleeve.
我们住进去要等多久?
How long before we can live in it?
一定非常快,亲爱的艾莉。只因为……
It has to be very soon, darling Ellie. If only because...
就我个人而言,我的时间很短。
personally, I'm very short of time.
果子露!
Gelati!
卖♥♥冰淇淋的来了。
The ice-cream man cometh.
现在,轮到你了,迈克。
Now, that's your turn now, Mike.
果子露!
Gelati!
如果家人发现了怎么办?
What happens when the family finds out?
他们以为我在和葛丽塔一起去苏格兰旅行。
They think I'm touring Scotland with Greta.
他们会像往常一样责怪她
They'll blame her, as usual,
他们会想尽办法拆散我和迈克
and they'll do anything they can to break Mike and me up.
他们能做什么?
What can they do?
设法收买♥♥麦克。
Try and buy Mike off.
就像吉娜·巴雷蒂的父母一开始为她做的那样。
Like Gina Barretti's parents did with her first.
吉娜……那个女孩是不是嫁给
Gina... wasn't that the girl who married
-迈阿密海滩的救生员?- 嗯。
- a lifeguard from Miami Beach? - Mmm.
他得到了50万美元悄悄地和她离婚了。
And he got half a million dollars to divorce her quietly.
这不是很好的吗?
Isn't that marvellous?
我不仅娶到可爱的小妻子
I've not only collected a lovely little wife,
我还可以随时把她换成现金。
but I can trade her in for solid cash any time I want.
谢谢你,汤森小姐,太棒了!
Thank you, Miss Thomsen, that was great!
蜜月结束了,亲爱的。
The honeymoon's over, darling.
是时候收拾行李,面对家人了。
Time to pack our bags, and face the family.
迈克尔,我想让你见见我的继母,科拉·沃克·布朗。
Michael, I'd like you to meet my stepmother, Cora Walker-Brown.
你好,罗杰斯先生。
How do you do, Mr Rogers?
-你好? -她的丈夫鲁本
- How do you do? - Her husband, Reuben.
你好。
Hello, there.
贝思阿姨和弗兰克叔叔。
Aunt Beth, and Uncle Frank.
嗯,先生,我觉得有必要发表意见
Well, sir, I feel called upon to remark
如此晚才告诉我们消息等于是……
that the news conveyed to us so belatedly constituted...
我们被震惊了!
We were shocked!
还有利平科特先生。亲爱的安德鲁叔叔。
And Mr Lippincott. Dear Uncle Andrew.
当然,他不是我的真叔叔。
Of course, he's not really my uncle.
我是小说中的人物,家庭律师。
I am that figure of fiction, the family lawyer.
-你好,迈克尔? -你好,先生。
- How are you, Michael? - How do you do, sir?
葛丽塔·格林看来是唯一缺席的人。
Gretna Green seems to be the only element missing.
-我们连消息都不知道。-多亏了葛丽塔。
- We were never even informed. - Thanks to Greta.
为什么责怪她呢?我嫁的是他。
Why blame her? I married him.
我得说,你们俩,还有葛丽塔之间,
Well, I must say that, between the two of you, and Greta,
你们肯定施过很多诡计。
you've certainly practised a great deal of deception.
我想我最好和迈克尔单独谈一谈。
I think I'd better have a talk with Michael alone.
好主意。嗯…我们何不都到酒吧去?
Good idea. Um... why don't we all adjourn to the bar?
哼,如果你觉得事情透过酒杯会看起来更好。
Well, if you think things will look better through the bottom of a glass.
也许会让我们感觉更好。
Might make us feel better, though.
-我没有一个吻吗?- 当然。
- Don't I get one? - Of course.
嗯,你可能已经猜到了,嗯……
Um, you've probably guessed that, er...
我有话要告诉你。
I have something to convey to you.
哦,什么事,先生?
Oh, yes, sir?
我要是知道怎么表达就好了。
If only I knew just how to convey it.
-两个字。- 哦?
- In two little words. - Oh?
“价钱?”
"How much?"
记住吉娜·巴雷蒂的初次婚姻值50万美元。
Bearing in mind that Gina Barretti's first collected five hundred grand.
- 看来你已经做了功课。- 当然。
- I see you've done your homework. - Certainly.
然而,我离迈阿密救生员最接近的时候
However, as the nearest I got to being a Miami lifeguard
是在小汉普顿海边分发帆布躺椅
was dishing out the deckchairs at Littlehampton-on-Sea,
八月的一个法定假日,
one August bank holiday,
你可以考虑给我……
you might consider offering me...
一半就好。
only half that.
我曾想过这数目。
Such a figure had crossed my mind.
好吧,那是痴心妄想,先生。
Well, it crossed it in vain, sir.
呃…只是出于好奇,双方都没有义务…
Er... just out of curiosity, no obligation on either side...
价钱?
how much?
安静地离婚,没有丑闻,你说呢?
A quiet divorce with no scandal, what do you say?
我可能会勉强接受把德州作为首♥付♥。
I might settle for the state of Texas as a first instalment.
你没听说过两个人相爱吗,先生?
Haven't you ever heard of two people falling in love, sir?
我不仅听说过,我的孩子,
Not only have I heard of it, my boy,
但是,不管怎样,我的收入有一半来自于此。
but, one way or another, I make half my income out of it.
我看得出你很有幽默感。
I see that you have a sense of humour.
作为这个家庭的一员,你当然会需要。
Which, as a member of this family, you're certainly going to need.
葛丽塔。你对葛丽塔了解多少?
Greta. What do you know about Greta?
-嗯,只了解艾莉告诉我的。-你从没见过她?
- Well, only what Ellie's told me. - You've never met her?
对。如果按艾莉的意思,我会见过。
No. I would have, if Ellie had had her way.
葛丽塔本来会安排婚礼和蜜月。
Greta would have organised the wedding and the honeymoon.
- 但我坚决反对。- 好。
- But I put my foot down there. - Good.
你知道葛丽塔被家里解雇了吗?
Did you know Greta had been dismissed by the family?
不知道。但是,说实话,我不能说难过。
No. But, to be honest, I can't say I'm sorry.
那么,你介意听建议吗?
Do you mind some advice, then?
别让葛丽塔缠着你和艾莉。
Don't let Greta attach herself to you and Ellie.
艾莉就不能给她退休金吗?
Well couldn't Ellie pension her off, or something?
葛丽塔太年轻了,不能发给退休金。
Greta's a little young to be pensioned off.
而且非常有魅力,即使对我这样的干瘪的老头来说。
And awfully attractive, even to a desiccated old poop like me.
那么,她应该会很容易找到另一份工作。
Then she ought to find it easy enough to get another job.
她会从这个家得到什么推荐信?!
With the sort of references that she'll get from this family?!
当然,我想埃莉可以表达她的感激之情
Of course, I suppose that Ellie could show her gratitude
给葛丽塔一笔钱。
by settling a sum on Greta.
那会让她不再纠缠每个人。
That would get her out of everyone's hair.
我们回去后我要和艾莉谈谈。
I'll have a talk to Ellie when we get back.
…如果你能在不伤害葛丽塔感情的情况下做这件事
...if you can do it without hurting Greta's feelings.
但是,安德鲁叔叔,你对迈克只字不谈
But, Uncle Andrew, you haven't said a word about Mike.
他很棒,对不对?真的很特别。
He's great, isn't he? Really special.
他是个极有魅力的人,我看得出来
He's an extremely attractive personality, and I can see
你为什么要嫁给他
exactly why you married him.
电影精选列表