-好吧,没人会被杀。不是像那样的。
- Yeah, Jim's wife just died by accident,
-是啊,吉姆的妻子刚刚意外身亡,
and people are just randomly disappearing too, am I right?
还有人突然失踪了,我说的对吗?
- It was an accident.These things happen.
-那是个意外。这种事时有发生。
And people aren't disappearing.
人们并没有消失。
The government doesn't do that. They're not the Gestapo.
政♥府♥不会这么做。他们不是盖世太保。
Do you know how paranoid you sound?
你知道,你听起来有多偏执吗?
The only thing you're missing is a tinfoil hat.
你唯一缺的就是一顶“锡纸帽子”。
- You haven't seen what we've seen.
-你没见过,我们见过的。
- I'll tell you what I've seen.
-我告诉你,我看到了什么。
- I've seen the joyful faces of people who've had
a copy of the Word of God delivered to them.
-我看到了那些,得到上帝话语副本的人们的喜悦的脸。
I've seen hope.
我看到了希望。
We can be the couriers of hope to the people in
these seven churches.
我们可以成为这七个教会的“希望使者”。
Nobody said that this job doesn't have risks. It does.
没人说这份工作没有风险。它确实存在风险。
So if you want out,
所以,如果你想退出,
now's the time.
现在正是时候。
Okay.
好吧。
Good.
很好。
- Hi.
-嗨。
Tell me what I need to know.
告诉我,我想知道的。
- About what?
-关于什么?
I've done nothing wrong.
我没做错什么。
- Peter? Peter, is that you?
-彼得? 彼得,是你吗?
- Mom? - There's a man here.
-妈妈? -这里有个男人。
He says you better cooperate.
他说,你最好合作。
What's hap-
发生了什么...
- Tell me
-告诉我
what
那些
I need
我想要
to know.
知道的。
- What's it gonna take to convince you?
-怎样才能说服你?
- Nothing. We left Springfield to get away from this game.
-说什么都没用。我们离开斯普林菲尔德,是为了逃避这场游戏。
- It's pretty cynical. - Yeah, well.
- Come on, Jim, I need you.
-太愤世嫉俗了。 -是啊。 -拜托,吉姆,我需要你。
And have you even read that government novel?
你读过政♥府♥的那本“小说”吗?
It's not even close to the living, breathing Word of God.
它甚至一点儿都不接近,活生生的上帝的福音。
- Well, then you take it to them. Just leave us out of it.
-那你拿去给他们。别把我们扯进来。
- I'll do it.
-我要做这件事。
- No!
-不行!
- I'll go, Nate.
-我要去,内特。
Look, you need another person, right?
你需要另一个人,对吧?
- Yeah. - Okay, then I'll do it.
-是的。 -好吧,那我来。
- Okay, but- - But what?
-好的,但是... -但是什么?
Is it because I'm a woman?
是因为我是女人吗?
- No, it's because he knows what you're up against.
-不,因为他知道,你面对的是什么。
- Yeah, well, you and Mom did it.
-是啊,你和妈妈都做过的事情。
- Think about what you're saying!
-想想你在说什么!
- Dad, you're not gonna do it.
-爸,你不能这么做。
- I said no!
-我说不行!
- Jim Edwards?
-吉姆.爱德华兹?
- Yeah.
-是的。
- Come with us, Mr. Edwards.
-跟我们走一趟,爱德华兹先生。
- Mr. Edwards, it says here that you were
the pastor of a church at Springfield, Ohio.
-爱德华兹先生,这里说,你是俄亥俄州斯普林菲尔德一所教会的牧师。
Is that correct?
我说的,对吗?
And why did you leave that position?
你为什么要离开那个职位?
- It was time for a change.
-是时候改变了。
- Mm.
-嗯。
- Where's Pete? He knows about the meeting, right?
-皮特在哪儿?他知道会面的事,对吧?
- Yeah. Um, he's not returning my texts or calls, so...
-是的。他不回我短♥信♥和电♥话♥,所以…
It's fine. It's fine.
没事的。没事的。
You know, I'm sure his mom won't let him come out, so.
我肯定,他妈妈不会让他出来的,所以。
- His mother?
-他的母亲?
So he lives with his mother?
那么说,他和他母亲住在一起?
- In her basement.
-在她的地下室里。
- Exactly what we need, y'all.
-这正是我们需要的。
Somebody that lives with their mother.
和母亲住在一起的人。
- You know, I, um,
-那好吧,我这就,嗯,
I will go call him.
我这就给他打电♥话♥。
Be right back.
马上回来。
- Do you know this man?
-你认识这个人吗?
And how about this man?
那这个人呢?
Mm.
嗯。
What do you find so amusing?
你觉得什么事,这么好玩?
- Most people know who The Apostle is.
-大多数人都知道,“使徒”是谁。
- Really? Most people?
-真的? 大多数人?
So do you find it at all surprising
that these two men met up last week?
这两个人上周见了面,你觉得意外吗?
- What if they did? What does that have to do with me?
-如果他们见面又能咋样? 这和我有什么关系吗?
- You see, that right there is an excellent
question, Mr. Edwards.
-你看,这个问题问得好,爱德华兹先生。
That is the question that I've been pondering over
and over again.
这是我反复思考的问题。
Why
为什么
would Mr. Smith come running to you after
their little meeting?
史密斯先生在见面之后,会来找你?
- Are people not allowed to meet with friends anymore
without raising suspicion?
-如果不引起怀疑,就不能和朋友见面吗?
I haven't done anything wrong, have I?
我并没做错什么,对吧?
- No.
-没有。
- So am I free to go?
-我可以走了吗?
- So soon?
-这么着急走吗?
We're just getting to know one another here.
我们才刚刚开始了解彼此。
Now, I understand Mr. Edwards,I do, but before you go...
我理解,爱德华兹先生,但在你走之前…
- Are you expecting someone?
-你在等什么人吗?
- Please do, uh, answer me one last question.
-请回答我,最后一个问题。
Why is your daughter at Mr.Smith's house right now?
你女儿现在,为什么在史密斯先生家?
- People are free to go wherever they wish.
-人们想去哪里,就去哪里。
She and Mrs. Smith are friends.
她和史密斯太太是朋友。
- No, I'm sure they are.
-不,我确定,他们才是。
And as a father, I have to imagine that you have only
the best interests in mind for your daughter.
作为一个父亲,我必须想象,你只会为你女儿考虑最好的利益。
A word to the wise would be sufficient.
给智者一句忠告,就足够了。
- Is that a threat?
-这是威胁吗?
- Well, that is the truth.
-就当这是真理吧。
I mean, you are a man who seeks the truth, are you not?
我是说,你是一个追求真理的人,不是吗?
As am I.
就像我一样。
Do tell your friends
你能告诉你的朋友们,
not to walk around town with these in their pockets,
别在兜里装着这玩意儿,到处走动,
would you?
行吗?
Uh, you're free to go now, Mr. Edwards.
呃,你可以走了,爱德华兹先生。
- Where are you?
-你去哪里了?
Then why won't you open the door?
那你为什么不开门?
Who did you think it was?
你以为是谁啊?
What's wrong with you, man?
你怎么了,伙计?
I- I can't...
我,我听不见...
- Okay.
-好吧。
I texted you, like,a billion times.
我给你发了无数条短♥信♥。
- I don't wanna talk about it.
-我不想谈这个。
- Talk about what?
-那谈什么?
- Peter's,who is at the door?
-彼得,谁在敲咱家门?
- It's JJ, Mom!
-是JJ,妈妈!
- Well, invite him for supper.
-那就请他吃晚饭吧。
We're having fish sticks!
我们要吃炸鱼条!
- No, Mom!
-不了,妈妈!
He can't stay.
他不能久留。
- Oh, but they're really good.
-哦,但它们真的很好吃。
- Mom, no!
-妈妈,不要!
Look, man, I'm sorry.
你看,伙计,我很抱歉。
- What's going on?
-发生了什么?
Come with me to Nate's.We have another meeting.
跟我去内特家。我们还有个碰头会。
- They're watching us.
-他们在监视我们。
- Who?
-谁?
- Homeland Security.
电影精选列表