You're looking good, Dad. You working out?
那只狗让我保持健康 -哦 是啊 我敢打赌
That dog's keeping me fit. -Oh, yeah, I bet.
顺便问一下 狗叫什么名字?
What's the dog's name, by the way?
哦 我们不知道
Oh, we don't know.
我们在安娜的公♥寓♥里找到它的
We found him in Anna's apartment.
我们甚至不知道她养了狗
We didn't even know she had a dog.
那你们一直叫它什么?
So, what have you been calling him?
小鸟最棒
Bird is the word.
嘿 -嗨
Hey. -Hi.
很高兴见到你 -你也是 你好吗?
It's good to see you. -You, too. How you doing?
♪ Happy birthday to you ♪
♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪
♪ Happy birthday to you ♪
♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪
♪ Happy birthday, dear Dad ♪
♪ 亲爱的爸爸 生日快乐 ♪
♪ Happy birthday to you ♪
♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪
等等 我要拍张照
Wait, I'm gonna do a picture.
来吧
Come on.
啊… 今天是…
Ah... Today is...
苦乐参半
bittersweet.
我们都非常想念安娜
We all miss Anna terribly.
为了安娜
For Anna.
你想切蛋糕吗 妈妈?
Do you want to cut the cake, Mom?
当然 -说得真好 亲爱的
Sure. -That was nice, hon.
小鸟 我想我们还没见过你的朋友
Birdie, I don't think we've met your friend.
你想介绍一下吗?
You want to introduce us?
呃 好的 这是摩西
Uh, yeah, this is Moses.
摩西?-是的
Moses? -Yeah.
我是乔希 这是我妻子莉兹 -嗨
I'm Josh. This is my wife Liz.
我是小鸟的哥哥 -是的 我知道
Hi. -I'm Birdie's older brother.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I know.
摩西刚赢得了大学奖学金 -真的?太棒了 哪所大学?
Moses just won a scholarship to university.
呃 西北大学 -我的天
Really? That's great. What university?
西北大学?-乔希上的就是西北大学
Uh, Northwestern.
哦 真的吗?-是的 我上过
Get the hell out of here! -Josh went to Northwestern.
哦 真的吗?-是的 我上过
Oh, no kidding? -Yeah, I did.
那是所好学校 恭喜你
It's a great school. Congratulations.
你知道要学什么专业吗?
You know what you're studying?
呃 新闻学
Uh, Journalism.
新闻学?
Journalism?
是的 -哇
Yeah. -Wow.
嗯 我们确实需要更多合格的记者
Well, we certainly need more qualified journalists.
说得好
Hear, hear.
说得好
Hear, hear.
为什么选新闻学?
Why journalism?
乔希 -亲爱的
Josh. -Honey.
我在问他问题
I'm asking him a question.
为什么选新闻学?
Why journalism?
我不知道 我…
I don't know, I...
我开始在校报写文章…
I started writing in the school paper...
他写了一篇关于审查制度危险的揭露性报道
He wrote an exposé about the dangers of censorship.
我是说 你现在甚至不能在电子游戏里打僵尸…
I mean, you can't even shoot a zombie in a video game anymore
而不被贴上颠覆分子的标签
without being labeled subversive.
保护言论自♥由♥ 人♥权♥
Protecting the freedom of expression, human rights.
太棒了 真为你高兴
It's fantastic. Good for you.
新闻学是一项令人钦佩的追求
It's an admirable pursuit, journalism.
尤其是考虑到现在世界的状况
Especially with the way the world is now.
在前线很危险 这可不是开玩笑的
It's dangerous on the front lines. It's no joke.
几年前那个记者怎么了?
What happened to that journalist a few years ago?
被分尸了?对吧?是什么事来着?
Got chopped up? Right? What was it?
那个去大使♥馆♥…
The one who went into the embassy
办结婚证的那个?
for a marriage license?
对 -出来时变成一小袋一小袋的
Yes. -Came out in little bags.
天啊 -被分尸了
Jesus. -Chopped up.
太可怕了 吓人的事
Awful. Scary stuff.
可怕的事情
Terrible thing.
我 呃 我该走了
I, uh, I should go.
我该走了 -你要去哪儿?
I should get going. -Where are you going?
呃 我妈妈等我回去吃晚饭 所以…
Uh, my mom's expecting me back for dinner, so...
对不起 我不是想让你不舒服
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.
不 你-你没有 -如果我让你不舒服了 对不起
No, y-you didn't. -If I did, sorry.
不 完全没有 我-我只…
No, not at all. I-I ju...
我妈妈只是…她容易发脾气
My mom's just... She gets ratty.
如果你想的话 我可以开车送你
If you want, I can drive you.
真的没问题 我不介意
It's really no problem. I don't mind.
我们可以继续聊
We can finish our conversation.
电子游戏里的审查制度危险
The dangers of censorship in video games.
呃…-摩西
Um... -Moses,
代我们向你妈妈问好
tell your mom we said hi.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
刚才的盘问没必要
The third degree was unnecessary.
你说什么?
What's that?
我说刚才的盘问没必要
I said the third degree was unnecessary.
盘问?
The third degree?
我以为我们不会再这样了
I thought we weren't gonna do this anymore.
我只是对新闻学好奇
I was curious about journalism.
那是约定 对吧?-对
That was the agreement, right? -Right.
那孩子想当记者
Kid wants to be a journalist.
只是想聊聊天
Just trying to have a conversation.
乔希
Josh.
什… 我漏掉了什么?
What... What am I missing?
我不知道
I don't know.
我们来这里是个错误吗?
Was it a mistake coming here?
乔希 -嗯?
Josh! -Yeah?
我们拿到了
We got it.
好的
Okay.
对不起
Sorry.
罗伯 你呢?案子怎么样了?
Rob, what about you? What's going on with the case?
那个案子… 还是一团糟
The case... is still a shit show.
简直是灾难 -听到这个我很难过
It's a disaster. -I'm sorry to hear that.
呃 但是…
Um, but...
辛西娅和我怀孕了
Cynthia and I are pregnant.
真的吗?-哦 我的天
Seriously? -Oh, my God!
真是个好消息 -真的 是啊
That's wonderful news! -Seriously. Yeah.
恭喜
Congratulations!
最好的生日礼物
Best birthday gift ever.
我们的孩子会是表亲 -你在干什么?
Our kids are gonna be cousins. -What are you doing?
现在宣布是有点早 但我们有些好消息
It is early to announce it, but we had some good news,
我想我们都需要点好消息
and I thought we could all do with some good news.
香槟 哈?香槟
Champagne, huh? Champagne.
不 我没事 只是…
No, I'm good. It's just...
我们本应等等 因为还早
we should've waited 'cause it's early.
我知道
I know.
我们本来计划等等…
We were planning on waiting...
小鸟 -…再久一点
Birdie. -...a little longer.
你有空看我发给你的东西吗?
Did you get a chance to look at the stuff I sent you?
什么东西?
What stuff?
小鸟?
Birdie?
坎伯兰公♥司♥有一个实习机会
There is an internship at the Cumberland Company.
小鸟将能进入国内任何顶尖的…
Birdie would be able to get into any of the top university
病毒学项目
virology programs in the country.
竞争非常激烈
It's highly competitive,
但我跟董事会谈过 他们…
but I talked to the board, and they're...
该死的
Goddamn it!
小鸟 回你房♥间去
Birdie, go to your room.
我想我能自己做决定
I think I can make my own decisions.
对不起 艾伦 我以为你会高兴
I'm sorry, Ellen. I thought you'd be happy.
这对她来说是个绝佳的机会
It's an excellent opportunity for her.
哦 该死
Oh, shit.
再说了 你小时候总是告诉我们什么?
Besides, what were you always telling us as kids?
是什么来着?“追随我们听到的音乐”?
What was it? "Follow the music we hear"?
如果你再想打我家另一个孩子的主意
电影精选列表