Well, then I won't be upset.
我理解这看起来可能怎样
I understand how it must look,
但我来这里怀着最良好的意图
but I came here with the best intentions.
你想要什么 伊丽莎白?
What do you want, Elizabeth?
您的儿子和我关系非常亲密
Your son and I have a close attachment.
对 我想起来了
Right, it's all coming back.
你巧妙回避问题的本事
The skillful way you evade questions.
他爱我
He loves me.
你真行
You're good!
你很有说服力 不是吗?
You're very persuasive, aren't you?
不管您对我怎么看
Regardless of what you think of me,
我不想成为这个家庭关系改变的原因
I don't want to be the reason things change in this family.
我想你低估了我的家庭
I think you underestimate my family.
这和我想象的不一样
This isn't going the way that I'd hoped.
我们想象的 对不起
We'd hoped, I'm sorry.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
♪ Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House ♪
保罗 我喜欢这首
Paul! I love this one.
我知道你喜欢
I know that.
外面天气不错 温度正好
It's kind of nice out, the temperature.
来吧 我们出去
Come on, let's go.
你们需要火吗?哦
You guys need a light? Ooh!
哟 嘘
Yo, shhh!
♪ Hey now, hey now, Don't dream it's over ♪
♪ 嘿 现在 嘿 现在 别梦想它已结束 ♪
亲爱的 我累坏了 我要上楼了
Honey, I am exhausted. I'm going upstairs.
你会错过最精彩的部分
You're gonna miss the best part.
我知道
I know.
♪ They come, they come ♪
♪ 他们来了 他们来了 ♪
《恋人》:勒内·马格里特于1928年创作的超现实主义油画
描绘一对隔着白色面纱亲吻的情侣 通过遮掩面部引发对爱情本质的思考
和摩西的聊天
你怎么走了?
…
你的姐姐们让我紧张
乔治城大学
搜索单位数据库
个人笔记:
这篇论文因其古怪的反民♥主♥情绪使我震惊
它主张推♥翻♥宪法 支持一♥党♥制政♥府♥
及其令人不安
论文:《变革:一个新国家的诞生》
论文导师:艾伦·泰勒博士
伊丽莎白·内特尔斯
就读学期:2013 → 2016
伊丽莎白·内特尔斯
《变革:一个新国家的诞生》
《变革:一个新国家的诞生》
献给仇恨者 怀疑者
和学术扼杀者
安娜 你没靴子 谁有靴子?
Anna, you don't have any boots. Who has boots?
是的 我有 -你有什么?
Yeah, I got. -What do you have?
让我看看 -我有
Let me see it. -I got.
你有东西?你有什么?让我看看
You have something? What do you have? Let me see it.
辛西娅 你能让我在家里放套鼓吗?
Cynthia, would you let me have a kit in the house?
你真烦人
You're so annoying!
你♥他♥妈♥为什么要说…
Why would you say fucking...
好了 嘿 -嗯
Okay. Hey. -Mmm.
我一直想打鼓
I've wanted to play drums,
但辛西娅不让我在家里放套鼓
but Cynthia won't let me have a kit in the house.
罗伯 我听得见
Rob, I can hear you.
呃…罗伯和我正在代表巴尔的摩市
Um... Rob and I are representing the city of Baltimore
起诉化石燃料行业
in a case against the fossil fuel industry.
听起来是很有意义的工作 -是的
Sounds like rewarding work. -It is.
只是 海洋里充斥着…
Except, the ocean is littered
文书工作和官僚主义
with paperwork and bureaucracy
这一切感觉如此…
and it all feels so...
具有颠覆性 你懂吗?-嗯
transgressive, you know? -Mmm.
你要来点吗?-哦 不 我不用
You want some? -Oh, no. I'm good.
你确定?-是的
You sure? -Yeah.
真的?
Really?
乔希 -什么?
Yosh. -Sorry?
你看起来有点紧张 莉兹
You just seem a little uptight, Liz.
是我说了什么…
Did I say something to...
只是…
Just...
来吧 我们不吃人
Come on, we don't bite.
不 你们吃
Sure, you do.
你能不能冷静点?
Would you chill out?
你自从出名后就变得这么混♥蛋♥
You're such a dick since you got famous.
是啊 真♥他♥妈♥…
Yeah, that's fucking...
你这话可真♥他♥妈♥无价 忧郁胡子
That is fucking priceless coming from you, depression beard.
自从你被所有出版社拒绝后…
Moping around ever since you got turned down...
就一直萎靡不振 对吧?
by every single publisher. Right?
所以你就…你就当个枪手…
So you just... You'll be a ghostwriter...
继续拿着你♥爸♥妈的钱…
and you'll keep taking Mommy and Daddy's money...
付你在约克维尔那400平方英尺转租公♥寓♥的房♥租?
for your 400 square foot sublet in Yorkville?
她说的有点道理
She's kind of right.
好点了吗?我能留下来吗?
Better? Can I stay?
我们很高兴你在这里 莉兹
We're glad you're here, Liz.
我跟你开玩笑呢 乔希 得了吧 对不起 我逗你玩的
I'm fucking with you, Josh. Come on. I'm sorry. I'm kidding.
谢谢
Thanks.
好了
Okay!
你♥他♥妈♥在干什么?
What the fuck are you doing?
我要把胸露出来 -你♥他♥妈♥疯了吗?
I'm gonna get my tits out. -You out of your fucking mind?
我要跳进去 -不 不 不 不 罗伯
I'm jumping in. -No, no, no, no, Rob.
我们要进去吗?-不
We going in? -No.
天啊
Jesus!
孩子们找到了我们藏的大♥麻♥
The kids found our weed stash.
我得跟你说说我们儿子的新女友
I need to tell you about our son's new girlfriend.
莉兹 -嗯
Liz. -Mmm.
伊丽莎白·内特尔斯 -嗯
Elizabeth Nettles. -Mmm.
她是我以前的学生
She's a former student.
等等 什么?乔希的莉兹?-是的
Wait, what? Josh's Liz? -Yeah.
已经过去八年了 我没认出她来
It's been eight years. I didn't recognize her.
她现在不一样了 我不知道 更沉稳了还是什么
She's different now. I don't know, more poised or something.
你这是要告诉我你跟我们儿子性感的女友…
Is this where you tell me that you had an affair
有过一腿吗?
with our son's hot girlfriend?
天啊 保罗 我是认真的
Jesus, Paul, I'm being serious.
她是个有天赋的学生 她只是…
She was a gifted student. She was just...
在意识形态上很激进
radical in her ideology.
激进?-是的
Radical? -Yes.
支持那些旨在…
Supportive of acts to subordinate...
贬低宪法的行为
to the point of denigrating the Constitution.
我-我是不是可能更困扰的是…
I-Is it possible that you're more distressed
她和我们儿子在客房♥里上♥床♥的事?
about her having sex with our son in the guest bedroom?
保罗 我不认为她接近乔希…
Paul, I don't think it's a coincidence
是个巧合
that she's attached herself to Josh.
他们是别人介绍的 -嗯
They were introduced. -Mmm.
通过他们的经纪人?-等等 等等
By their agent? -Wait, wait, wait.
等等 你认为她是故意的?
Wait, you think that she did this on purpose?
为…为什么她要这么做?-因为 我不知道
Why... Why would she do that? -Because. I don't know.
亲爱的 她可能和你现在一样…
Honey, she's probably as uncomfortable
感到不自在 真是的
as you are right now. Hell.
你不了解她 好吗?
You don't know her, okay?
她说了什么?他们现在在合写一本书?
And what did she say? They're writing some book together now?
她是怎么描述的?
How did she describe it?
“我们的世♥界♥通♥过一个新的棱镜”非常重要
"Our world through a new prism." Very important.
天啊 现在全都想起来了
Christ. It's all rushing back now.
她在我课堂上所有那些严厉的主张
All her draconian assertions in my classroom.
我翻出了她的毕业论文
I dug up her thesis paper.
我发现它既危险又煽动
I found it to be dangerous and inflammatory
充满了反民♥主♥的情绪
for its anti-democratic sentiments.
“变革:一个新国家的诞生”
"The Change: Birth of a New Nation."
它主张实行一♥党♥制以实现国家统一
It advocates for a single-party system for national unity.
什么?你笑什么?
What? Why are you smiling?
你点名批评了她
You called her out.
那是辩论
It was a debate!
哦 所以你在全班面前点名批评了她
Oh, so you called her out in front of the whole class.
那是学术界 她可以自♥由♥提出任何观点
It's Academia. She's free to present any view.
我进行了反驳 然后她指责我…
I pushed back, and she accused me of being
“欺凌和贬低”
"bullying and belittling,"
所以我联♥系♥了我的同事 包括院长
so I reached out to my colleagues, including the Dean.
我不能让她就这样劫持我的课堂
电影精选列表