如果你觉得你能对我施压的话 探长
If you think you can bring any pressure to bear upon me, Inspector,
那你就大错特错了
you're very much mistaken!
跟他们仨不一样
Unlike the other three,
我没有做任何不耻的事
I've done nothing that I'm ashamed of
或者需要被调查的事
or that won't bear investigation.
那个女孩想寻求帮助
This girl asked for assistance.
我们需要仔细分♥析♥她的陈述
We are required to look carefully into the claims made upon us.
我对她的陈述很不满意
I wasn't satisfied with this girl's claim.
我觉得她不是个好女孩
It seemed to me that she was not a good case,
所以我使用我的权力拒绝了她的救助申请
so I used my influence to have it refused.
尽管现在发生了这样的事 我仍觉得我做得没错
In spite of what's happened since, I still think that I did my duty.
所以如果我不想深入讨论这件事
So if I don't choose to discuss it any further,
你也没有权力强迫我改变想法
you have no power to make me change my mind!
恐怕我还真有那样的权力 伯令太太
I'm afraid I have that power, Mrs Birling.
你没有
No, you have not!
因为我没有做错什么 你是知道的
Simply because I've done nothing wrong and you know it.
如果你没做错什么
If you've done nothing wrong,
那你为什么害怕提起这件事 伯令太太
If you've done nothing wrong, why are you afraid to discuss it, Mrs Birling?
你怎么敢说我害怕
How dare you say I'm afraid!
在那样的情况下 我觉得我做得非常公正
In the circumstances, I consider I was perfectly justified.
那女孩编了很多谎话 让我对她失去了耐心
The girl told us a pack of lies. She made me lose all patience with her.
她说了很多就她那个身份而言
She claimed elaborate, fine feelings and scruples
简直就是荒诞不经之事
that were simply absurd in a girl in that position.
那让她看上去可笑至极
She gave herself ridiculous airs!
我最后看到她的时候 可不觉得可笑至极
She'd no ridiculous airs when I saw her last.
在医院的时候
In the infirmary.
行了 伯令太太 我们就来讨论一些事实 可以吧
Come now, Mrs Birling. Let us have some facts. Facts, please!
你们委员会召开了一个会议
There was a meeting of the committee with you in the chair
那个女孩前去求助了 是不是
to which this girl appealed for help. Isn't that so?
是的
Yes.
用的什么名字 不是伊娃·史密斯吧
Under what name? Not as Eva Smith?
不
No.
也不是黛西·瑞顿
Nor as Daisy Renton.
那是什么
As what, then?
伯令太太
Mrs Birling.
你说什么
What did you say?
什么
Pardon?
你刚刚说你是伯令太太
You called yourself Mrs Birling just now.
有什么问题吗
I'm sorry?
那不是你丈夫的名字吧
That's not your husband's name, is it?
不是
No.
你知道那是我的名字吗
But you knew that it is mine?
我不知道
No!
你是来这里无理取闹的吗
Did you come here for the purpose of being impertinent?
不
No.
那只是我突然想起来的一个名字
It was the first name I thought of.
我之前在伯令先生手下干过活
I worked at Birling's once.
那你丈夫的名字是什么
What is your husband's name?
我不能说
I can't say.
你不能说?
You can't say?
事实上 你还没结婚吧
In fact, you're not married at all, are you?
没有
No.
所以你说你丈夫抛弃你的事
So your whole story about a husband who deserted you is
完全是捏造的吧?
quite false, isn't it?
是的
Yes.
统统是谎言
A tissue of lies.
你有找过工作吗
Have you tried to get work?
我目前无法工作
I can't get work.
为什么
Why not?
我不能说
I can't say.
如果你不说实话我们也无法帮助你 是不是
If you don't confide in us, we can't help you, can we?
你为什么不能工作
Now, why can't you work?
我怀孕了
I'm going to have a baby.
快过来 孩子
Come along, my dear.
你应该坐下来 这里有很多椅子
You must sit down. There are plenty of chairs.
坐下吧
Sit down now.
谢谢您 夫人
Thank you, ma'am.
怀孕期间
There are certain circumstances
最好还是尽量坐着吧
in which it is prudent to be seated as much as possible.
我们可以继续了吗 利福森太太
May we now proceed, Mrs Livson?
当然 当然
Oh, do. Do.
关于这个男人 你为什么要撒谎
Now, this man. Why must you lie about him?
我不想把他卷进来
I didn't want to bring him into it.
为什么
Why not?
他不是有意的 只是有点傻 有点不计后果
He didn't mean any harm. He was just silly and wild.
有时会买♥♥醉
Sometimes he drank too much.
你为什么不让他娶你
Why don't you make him marry you?
在我看来 他应该履行这个责任
In my opinion, he should be compelled to marry you.
不是他不想娶我 是不能娶我
It isn't that he won't marry me. We just couldn't.
我们并不门当户对
We're not of the same class.
无稽之谈
This is ridiculous.
你这样的女孩不该有这些顾虑
A girl in your position can't afford these fine airs and scruples.
既然你有勇气来这儿求助
You don't mind coming begging for charity.
为什么不直接去找那个醉鬼
Why not go to this drunken, young idler, whoever he is?
让他资助你
Make him support you.
他资助我了 给了我钱
He did. He gave me money.
他现在不给了吗
And now he won't give you any more?
他想给 但我不能接受
He would, but I can't take it.
这么说来 这个无用的男人
And so this young ne'er-do-well,
因为你冠冕堂皇的想法
because of your highfalutin notions,
得以逃脱他自己的责任
is to escape the consequences of his actions
并将其转嫁到我们这种慈善机构来是吗
and shift his responsibility on to a charitable organisation such as this.
我相信在座的各位都会同意我的想法
I think the members of this committee will agree with me
我们也没有理由把救助金拨付给你这种人
that it would be monstrous to recommend the expenditure of funds in such a way.
在我看来 这个男人就该公诸于众
In my opinion, he should be publicly exposed.
如果你想求助的话 姑娘 就去找他
If you want help, young woman, go to him.
我认为我让委员会拒绝她的申请是公正的
So I think I was justified in advising my committee not to allow her claim.
你现在还是这么认为吗
And you still think that?
我很同情她的遭遇 但是…
I'm sorry she should have come to such a horrible end, but...
我还是觉得自己并没有做错
I accept no blame for it at all.
那你告诉我 到底是谁的错
Tell me who... who do you say is to blame, then?
首先 是这个女孩
First, the girl herself.
别忘了是父亲和我让她丢了工作
By letting Father and me have her chucked out of her jobs?
其次 是那个男人
Secondly, I blame the young man.
他应该更妥善地处理这件事
He ought to be dealt with very severely.
如果女孩的死要怪谁的话 就怪那个男的
If the girl's death is due to anybody, then it's due to him.
这么说来 他是罪魁祸首了
Ah, then he's the chief culprit anyhow.
当然
Certainly.
那是当然 他应该为整件事负责
Certainly, in that case. He's responsible for the whole thing.
女孩的死 所有的一切 他本应该妥善处理好的
The girl's death. Everything. He ought to be dealt with very severely.
母亲 快别说了
Mother, please stop!
你今晚就像个无理取闹的小孩 希拉
You're behaving like a hysterical child tonight, Shelia.
如果你能找到那个年轻人
And if you would find this young man,
让他承认自己的责任
make him admit his responsibilities,
而不是在这问这些无意义的问题
instead of staying here and asking quiet unnecessary questions,
那你才算是履行职责
ithen you would be doing your duty.
别担心 伯令太太 我会履行我的职责
Don't worry, Mrs Birling. I'll do my duty.
我想我们可以互道晚安了吧
Now perhaps you'd like to say goodnight.
现在还不行 我还在等
Not yet. I'm waiting.
等 等什么?
Waiting? For what?
履行我的职责
To do my duty.
母亲 你现在还不明白吗
Now, Mother, can't you see?
你是说我的儿子…
Are you suggesting that... my boy...?
如果真是他的话 伯令太太 我们知道该怎么做
If it was, Mrs Birling, we know what to do.
您刚刚已经告诉我们了
You just told us.
但是…
Yes, but...
听着 探长先生
look here, Inspector.
母亲 我刚才反复请求你别说了
Mother, I begged and begged you to stop.
我不相信
I don't believe it.
我不会相信的
I won't believe it.
电影精选列表