我们毫不察觉地伤害了别人
The things we do to people without realising it.
只有当无法挽回时才意识到这点
Only for once we've seen the consequences.
是啊 我一直期望着有人能说出这么一番话
Yes, I was rather hoping one of you would say something like that.
我想如果我们能提前知道事情的后果
I suppose if we all knew the consequences beforehand,
我们都会谨言慎行的 是吧 伯令太太
we'd all be a bit more careful, eh, Mrs Birling?
但很可惜 我们不能预知事情的走向
But it's a pity that so often something horrible has to happen
直到结果发生 是吧
before we see some things at all, hmm?
在我今晚拜访之前
Do you know that not one of you
你们自己都知道自己是什么样的人吗
is the same person that you were when I first came here tonight?
好了 你们知道我把帽子放哪了吗
Well, now... l wonder where I left my hat.
我好像在餐厅看到了 亚瑟
I think I saw it in the dining room, Arthur.
我记得也是
Yes, that's right.
谢谢您 伯令太太
Thank you, Mrs Birling.
谢谢
Thank you.
艾瑞克
Eric...
希拉 别说了 今晚我听得够多了
Sheila, please. I don't think I can stand any more tonight.
我只想告诉你 我为你和那个女孩感到难过
I only want to say how sorry I am about you and that girl.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们从没像现在这样有姐弟的感觉
We've never been much of a brother and sister before, have we?
我想一切都变了
Things change, I suppose.
我会变
I can change.
戒掉酒瘾
Stop drinking.
偿还我应还的债务 接受惩罚
Take my punishment over the money. Try and pay it back somehow.
没人在乎那些钱 我只关心你
Nobody really cares about the money any more. It's you I'm thinking of.
别对我们的父母失望
Don't let it make you feel bitter about Father and Mother.
别这样艾瑞克
Don't let it, Eric.
好吧 但是你也不能对杰拉德失望
All right. But you mustn't feel like that about Gerald either.
我不会的 真的
I don't any longer. Not really.
因为他爱你
Because he's in love with you, you know.
你也爱他 不是吗
And you are with him, aren't you?
我原本很爱他 但是…
I was very much, but...
在听了那个女孩的事情之后
after hearing about him and that girl...
别太介意 杰拉德人不错
That doesn't matter. Gerald's all right.
我知道有时他有点家族的那种脾性
I know he puts on the grand Croft manner sometimes,
但除此之外 他是个好人
but he's all right behind it all.
你心里清楚 不是吗
You know that, don't you?
是
Yes.
晚上好 克劳夫特先生
Good evening, Mr Croft.
是你啊 警长 晚上好
Oh, it's you, Sergeant. Good evening.
一些都好吧 先生
Everything all right, sir?
是 一切都好
Yes. Yes, everything's fine.
进去之前散散步
Taking a stroll before I turn in.
感觉要变天了
Looks like a change in the weather, sir.
是啊 我该走了
Yes. Well, I'd better be going.
对了
By the way,
警长 那个波尔探长是何许人物
Sergeant, what sort of a fellow is this Inspector Poole?
波尔 哪个区域的
Poole? Which division, sir?
就是布伦利的
Well, here in Brumley.
这儿没有这号♥人物啊 先生
There's no Inspector Poole in Brumley, sir.
你确定吗
Are you certain?
确定 先生
Positive, sir.
你不会搞错吧
You couldn't be mistaken, could you?
会不会有个新人刚转来而你不知道
I mean, there couldn't be a new man transferred that you didn't know about?
不可能的 先生
Impossible, sir.
我从没在警局听过这个人
I'd have heard of it down at the station.
您可以确定在这儿没有所谓的波尔探长
No, you can rest assured there is no Inspector Poole in Brumley.
谢谢你 兰森 晚安
Thank you, Ransom. Good night.
晚安 先生
Good night, sir.
探长还在吗
Is the inspector still here?
探长 什么探长
Inspector? What inspector?
你不知道 是吗
Oh, of course you don't know, do you?
大家都在餐厅 先生
They're in the dining room, sir.
再见 伯令太太
Goodbye, Mrs Birling.
再见 伯令小姐
Goodbye, Miss Birling.
晚安 克劳夫特先生
Good night, Mr Croft.
等一下 探长
Just a moment, Inspector.
发生了一些事 我必须和伯令先生和太太说一下
Something has happened. I must speak to Mr and Mrs Birling.
你介意等一下吗
Do you mind waiting?
当然不 克劳夫特先生
Not at all, Mr Croft,
但事情也不会有转机了
but it won't make any difference, you know.
伯令先生 我可以在哪里等你们
Well, Mr Birling, where would you like me to wait?
等我们?
Wait?
这个
Well...
在我书房♥ 可以吗
Would you mind waiting in my study?
当然
Certainly.
谢谢您 伯令先生
Thank you, Mr Birling.
你可以随便坐
Will you take a seat?
我们应该不会让你等太久的
I don't think we shall keep you more than a few moments.
你是知道什么吗
You know something?
这个人不是警局的人
That man isn't a police officer!
什么
What?
你确定吗
Are you certain?
当然
Absolutely.
但你是怎么知道的
But how did you find out?
我在街上遇到一个认识的警♥察♥ 向他打听了一下
I met a policeman I know down the road and I asked him about the inspector.
他发誓局里没有叫波尔的探长
He swore there was no Inspector Poole on the force.
天哪 假冒的
By jingo! A fake!
没错
Yes.
我就知道真正的警探是不会那么和我说话的
I knew a real inspector would never have spoken to me like that.
是啊 看他和我讲话的样子
Yes. Look at the way he talked to me too,
在我的房♥子里颐指气使
ordering me about in my own house.
他肯定知道我之前是主法官和地方法官
He must've known I was an ex-Lord Mayor and a magistrate.
真正的警探不可能会那么说话
I mean, real inspectors just don't talk like that.
你说得对 他是个冒牌货
You were right. He wasn't real.
根本没有警探 我们被骗了
There's no such inspector. We've been had.
我还是没法相信
I just can't believe it.
毫无疑问的
There's no doubt about it.
这样一来情况就不同了
But this makes a difference, you know.
你是觉得我们又变成好人了是吗
I suppose we're all nice people now?
如果你没什么话说 就别说 希拉
If you've got nothing more sensible to say, then, Shelia, you'd better keep quiet!
不过她说得对
She's right, though.
你也最好闭嘴
And you'd better keep quiet anyhow!
还是告诉你一声吧 杰拉德 我偷了钱
You'd better know, Gerald, I stole some money.
你得还回来
And you'll pay it back.
钱已经不重要了
Oh, the money is not important.
那个女孩的遭遇和我们的所作所为才是关键
It's what happened to the girl and what we all did to her that matters!
艾瑞克说得对 想想看探长和我们说的话
Eric's absolutely right. Just remember what that inspector said.
但是他并不是探长
But he's not an inspector!
但他确实探查了我们
Well, he inspected us all right.
现在是什么情况
What do you make of this business now?
肯定是社会上有人想让我不好过
I suppose there are people in this town who dislike me enough
所以才闹了这么一出
to arrange a put-up job of this sort.
你要干什么
What on earth are you doing?
我打电♥话♥给警局
I'm gonna phone the police.
白♥痴♥ 给我电♥话♥
Idiot! Give me that.
如果这个人是假冒的 我们最好让人把他抓起来
If the man's an impostor, we'd better have him arrested, haven't we.
你别掺和这件事 也别让警局掺和进来
You keep out of this. And keep the police out too.
不管怎么样 他不可能从我们眼皮底下溜走
Anyway, he can't escape without coming out here.
窗户呢
What about the windows?
不可能的 窗户都封起来了
Impossible. They're barred.
等一下
Just a moment.
不好意思 探长 马上就好
I'm sorry, Inspector. We shan't keep you much longer.
现在我们就抓住他了
Now, we've got him!
我们要做的就是悄悄分工一下
All we have to do is to settle quietly amongst ourselves
想个好办法处理他
what to do and the best way to deal with him.
我们已经能认定他是假冒的了
We've established he's an impostor.
恶劣的事实摆在眼前
It's the same rotten story
管他是真的还是假的 这有什么区别
whether we told it to an inspector or somebody else! What differences does that make?
这里头的差别大了 这关乎我们是私了
It makes all the difference between a lot of stuff like this
还是公之于众成为丑闻
coming out in private and a public scandal!
电影精选列表