晚饭不错 西比尔 向厨师转达我的谢意
Well, a very good dinner, Sybil! Tell cook from me.
招待你当然得是一流水准
Absolutely first class.
亚瑟 别这么说
Arthur, you're not supposed to say such things!
我这是把杰拉德当自己人看
Come, come. I'm treating Gerald like one of the family.
我敢肯定他也是愿意的
I'm sure he won't object.
来吧 杰拉德 现在就拒绝他
Go on, Gerald. Just you object.
我可不会
Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.
我一直都想成为这大家庭中的一员
In fact, I insist on being one of the family now.
我都努力这么久了是不是
I've been trying long enough, haven't I?
是不是 你知道的
Well, haven't I? You know I have!
她当然知道
Of course she does!
是啊 只不过你去年夏天都没来找过我
Yes, except for all last summer when you never came near me.
我都不知道你干什么去了
I wonder what happen to you.
我告诉过你 那阵子我忙得…
And I've told you. I was awfully busy...
你就会这么说
Yes, that's what you say.
行了 希拉 别打趣他了
Sheila, stop teasing him.
等你结婚了 你就会知道男人是要干大事的
When you're married, you'll realise that men with important work to do,
有时候必须一门心思扑在事业上
sometimes have to spend all their time and energy on their business.
你会习惯的
You'll get used to it.
就像我一样
Just as I had to.
我可不觉得我会习惯
I don't believe I will.
你最好当心点
So you be careful.
遵命 遵命
Oh, I Will, I Will.
我永远不会让工作破坏我们的感情
I'll never let business interfere with pleasure.
有什么好笑的 艾瑞克
What's the joke, Eric?
我不知道
I don't know.
我就是觉得我应该笑笑
I suddenly felt I had to laugh.
你肯定醉了
I'm sure you're squiffy.
我可没有
tell you I'm not.
年轻女孩说话也不注意点
The words you girls pick up these days!
她这样就不错了 母亲
If you think that's the best she can do, Mother.
别像个傻子一样 艾瑞克
Don't be a fool, Eric.
你们两个给我停下
Now, stop it, you two.
亚瑟 祝酒词呢
Arthur, what about that toast of yours?
噢 对
Oh, yes, of course.
那就祝你们生活如意
Well, here's wishing the pair of you the best that life can bring.
杰拉德
Gerald.
希拉
Sheila.
是的 杰拉德
Yes, Gerald.
还有希拉 亲爱的
Yes, Sheila, darling.
衷心祝愿
Our love and very best wishes.
艾瑞克
Eric?
什么 噢
What? Oh...
衷心祝愿你们
yes, all the best.
虽然她有时脾气臭了点
She's got a filthy temper sometimes,
但说实话她是个好姐姐
but as a sister she's not bad, really.
傻瓜
Chump!
祝好 希拉
Good old Sheila.
我不能这么回敬你们 是不是 我应该怎么敬
I can't drink to this, can I? When do I drink?
你可以敬我
You can drink to me.
那好
All right, then.
敬你 杰拉德
I drink to you, Gerald.
谢谢
Thank you.
我也敬你
And I drink to you
我会尽力给你应有的幸福生活
and hope that I can make you as happy as you deserve.
你可小心了 不然我可是要哭的
You be careful or I'll start weeping.
也许这个可以帮你止住眼泪
Perhaps this will help you to stop it.
你买♥♥了戒指
You've got it!
我就想要这个
Oh, it's the one I wanted!
是的
The very one.
别太兴奋
Steady the buffs!
太棒了
It's wonderful.
快看 妈妈 是不是很好看
Look, Mummy. Isn't it a beauty?
现在我才觉得我真的订婚了
Now I really feel engaged!
是啊 这枚戒指很好看
So you should. It's a beautiful ring.
好好保管
Take care of it.
我会一刻不离地戴着它
I'll never let it out of my sight for an instant.
也会一刻不离地跟着你 不管工作不工作
And I'll never let you out either, business or no business.
知道吗 我很高兴你们订婚了
You know, I'm delighted about this engagement.
我保证 肯定帮你们选一个良辰吉日结婚
Take my word for it, when you two marry, you'll be marrying at a very good time.
在万事万物都兴兴向荣的时候
A time of steadily increasing prosperity and progress.
我也觉得
I believe you're right.
那战争呢
Well, what about war?
战争 胡扯
War? Fiddlesticks!
德国人不想开战 没有人想开战
The Germans don't want war! Nobody wants war!
现在万事万物都危如累卵
There's too much at stake these days!
稍有不慎就什么都没了
Everything to lose and nothing to gain!
我知道 但是…
Yes, I know, but still there's...
我说了 不可能会开战的
I say there isn't a chance of war!
生活在1912年 就得按照1912年的方式思考
When you're living in 1912, you've got to think like 1912.
这个世界发展这么快 根本不可能开战
Why, the world is developing so fast it'll make war impossible.
当然 亲爱的
Yes, of course, dear.
不要把杰拉德留太久了
Now, don't keep Gerald in here too long.
艾瑞克 跟我来
Eric, I want you a minute.
希拉 亲爱的 上楼去
Sheila, dear, go on into the drawing room.
我要单独和艾瑞克谈谈
I want a private word with Eric.
好的 母亲 确实要有人点拨点拨他了
All right, Mother. It's about time someone had a word with him.
可怜的杰拉德啊
Poor old Gerald. If only he knew.
艾瑞克 说点你不爱听的
Eric, don't mind what I'm going to say,
如果我是你 今晚我就不会喝那么多
but if I were you, I shouldn't have any more to drink tonight.
我很好 母亲
I'm perfectly all right, Mother.
我知道 亲爱的 我也没说什么
Yes, of course you are, darling. I'm not saying you aren't.
但是在这种喜庆上 一旦兴奋了
But on a celebration like this, one gets excited.
你就不知道自己会喝多少了
Sometimes one doesn't notice how much one is taking.
我就喝了几杯 母亲
I only had a couple of glasses, Mother.
是啊
I dare say!
但就你这个年纪而言已经够多了 你还没有习惯
But that's quite enough for a boy of your age. You're not used to it.
看看你的衣服 上面都撒了些脏东西
Look at your waistcoat. You've spilled something on it.
快上楼换件新的 真不好看
Go upstairs and put on a clean one. You look terrible on this.
好的 知道了 母亲
Yes, yes. All right, Mother.
小心点
And be careful.
别 别担心 母亲
Don't... Don't, don't worry, Mother.
- 来根烟吧 - 不了 谢谢您
- Have a cigar. - No, thank you.
那就请自便吧
Oh, well, help yourself.
谢谢
Thank you.
我还想说几句
There's something I'd like to mention.
关于你母亲 克劳夫特女士
I've got an idea that your mother, Lady Croft,
她没有反对你们两个 但是觉得…
while she doesn't, er, object to my girl, feeIs that you...
你在社交方面做得更好
Well, you might be doing better for yourself socially.
不是 我想您肯定…
Oh, no, sir. I'm assure you.
不不不 杰拉德 这没关系
Oh, no, Gerald. That's quite all right.
她是从乡村家庭出来的 这很正常
She comes of an old county family. It's only natural.
但是我想说的是
But what I wanted to say is
我可能会跻身下一届的荣誉榜
there's a fair chance of my getting into the next honours list.
是吗 恭喜
Oh, I say! Congratulations!
谢谢 但是…
Oh, thanks, but...
现在这么说还为时过早 所以你先别和别人说
it's a bit too early for that yet, so don't say anything.
但是我听到点风声
But I've had a hint or two.
我很有机会拿到爵位
I gather there's a very good chance of a knighthood.
只要我们好好表现
So long as we all behave ourselves
别进局子就行了
and don't get into the police courts.
什么局子
What's that about police courts?
没什么 就是一个玩笑话
Nothing! Just a little joke!
那有什么好笑的
Doesn't seem very funny to me.
我在跟杰拉德说 他现和希拉订婚了
I was just telling Gerald that now that he and Sheila are engaged,
我们必须都要收敛一点
we must all behave ourselves.
不要惹点什么丑闻出来
No scandals. No monkey business.
你们对我来说就是安分美满的家庭
You seem a nice, well-behaved family to me.
我们也这么觉得
Well, we think we are.
伯令先生
Mr Birling.
电影精选列表