伯令小姐 出什么问题了吗
Miss Birling, is there anything wrong?
是的 这个女孩太无礼了
Yes. This girl has been abominably rude!
如果我下次来还看到她在店里 那我就直接走掉
And if she's still here the next time I come, I'll walk straight out!
伯令小姐 一定是有什么误会
Oh, Miss Birling, I'm sure there must be something...
还有 我会让我母亲把账户注销掉
And what's more, I'll ask my mother to close her account with you!
当时看来后果也没有那么严重
It didn't seem anything very terrible at the time.
当然 伯令小姐 当时看来是这样的
Of course, it wouldn't, Miss Birling, at the time.
我怎么知道会造成什么后果
Well, how could I know what it would lead to?
如果早知她会因此变得这么可怜
If she'd been some miserable, plain little creature,
我肯定不会这么做
I don't suppose I would've done it.
她看上去那么漂亮 我以为她能照顾好自己
She was very pretty and looked as if she could take care of herself.
可能从某种程度上 你有点嫉妒她
In fact, in kind of a way, you might be said to have been jealous of her?
可能是吧
Yes, I suppose I was.
如果我现在能帮到她 我肯定愿意
But if I could help her now, believe me I would.
我知道你是真心的 伯令小姐
I'm sure you would, Miss Birling,
但你没法帮了
but you can't.
很可惜
It's a great pity.
她已经死了
She's dead.
你这事做得太令人反感了
It's a bit sick when you think of it.
我知道 我知道 我之前从没这样过
Oh, I know, I know! I never done anything like that before.
以后也不会再那样了
And I'll never do it again to anybody.
为什么会这样呢
Oh, why had this to happen?
这就是我想在走之前弄清楚的 伯令小姐
That's what we hope to find out before I leave here, Miss Birling.
目前 我们知道了
So far, we've discovered
伊娃·史密斯先是丢了工厂的工作
that Eva Smith lost one job
因为你父亲把她开除了
because she was sacked out of hand by your father.
后来她又丢了一份工作 因为…
Then she lost another one because...
因为你刚刚提及的那些原因 伯令小姐
Well, for reasons, which you've described, Miss Birling.
她又得重头开始
Now she had to start again.
她急于摆脱原来的自己
She was anxious to dissociate herself from the past,
所以她把名字改成了黛西·瑞顿
so she changed her name to Daisy Renton.
什么
What?
我说她把名字改成了黛西·瑞顿
I said she changed her name to Daisy Renton.
怎么了 杰拉德
Well, Gerald?
什么怎么了 希拉
Well, what, Sheila?
你怎么认识那个女孩的 伊娃·史密斯
How did you come to know this girl? Eva Smith.
我不认识她
I didn't.
或者黛西·瑞顿 反正都一样
Or Daisy Renton. It's the same thing.
我怎么会认识她
Why should I have known her?
他刚提到她另一个名字之后 你就起身走了
Gerald, you gave yourself away as soon as he mentioned her other name.
好吧 我认识她
All right, I knew her.
就这样吧
Let's leave it at that.
我倒希望如此
I wish we could.
但亲爱的
But, darling...
没用的 你不仅认识她 还很了解她
No, it's no use! You not only knew her, you knew her very well.
不然你也不会看起来很内疚
Otherwise you wouldn't look so guilty about it.
你是什么时候认识她的
When did you first get to know her?
是在她离开米尔伍德后吗
Was it after she left Millwood's?
去年春夏你是和她在一起吗
Were you seeing her last spring and summer
那段时期你不来找我 还说自己很忙
during that time, you hardly came near me and said you were busy?
是吗
Well, were you?
对不起 希拉
I'm sorry, Sheila.
但是这一切都在去年夏天结束了
But the whole thing was over and done with last summer.
我都六个月没见过她了
I haven't set eyes on the girl for at least six months.
我们别把自己卷进这件事里
We don't come into this business.
半小时前我可能这么觉得
I thought I didn't half an hour ago.
我们两个都不要被牵连到
We don't. Neither of us does.
看在老天的份上 别跟探长提起此事
For heaven's sake, don't say anything to the inspector.
- 关于你和那个女孩的事 - 是的
- About you and this girl? - Yes.
他没必要知道
He doesn't need to know.
但是他知道 他肯定知道了
But he knows. Of course he knows.
我讨厌去想他知道多少我们所不知道的事
And I hate to think how much he knows that we don't know yet.
托了你的福
For your sake.
我同意 这确实是件压抑的事
Yes, I agree. It's a very distressing story.
但是我不得不说 你刚刚提到的
But I must say it seems an extraordinary coincidence that my husband
我丈夫和女儿都跟这件事有关系 那纯属巧合
and, as you tell us, Sheila, should both have come in contact with this girl.
如你所说 伯令太太 就是巧合
As you say, Mrs Birling, an extraordinary coincidence.
当然 现在我们知道你为什么来这儿了
Of course, now we know why you're here,
我们也只能配合你回答问题了
we shall only be too glad to answer any questions we can.
谢谢
Thank you.
但我们其他人都没见过这个女孩 所以…
But the rest of us, of course, have never met the girl. So...
我想我们不能真的帮到您
So I doubt if we should be of any great help to you.
不 母亲 别这样
No, Mother, please.
怎么了 希拉
Whatever's the matter, Sheila?
我知道听上去很荒唐 但恐怕您完全错了
I know it sounds silly, but I feel you're beginning all wrong.
你马上就会为自己现在说的感到后悔
I'm afraid you'll do or say something you'll be sorry for afterwards.
我不知道你在说什么
I don't know what you're talking about.
我们一开始都这样
We all started like that.
这么自信 这么无所谓 直到探长开始发问
So confident, so pleased with ourselves until he began asking us questions.
我不了解你
I don't understand about you.
我对探长这个职业不了解
I don't know much about inspectors,
但你跟我想象的不一样
but I never imagined them like you.
看来你给这孩子留下了很深的印象啊 探长
You seem to have made a great impression on this child, Inspector.
我们经常处理年轻人的事情
We often do on the young ones, Mrs Birling.
年轻人很感性
They're more impressionable.
你看上去很累了 亲爱的 你该去睡觉了
You're looking tired, dear. I think you ought to go to bed.
我就待在这 直到找出这女孩自杀的原因
I'm staying here until I know why that girl killed herself.
病态的好奇心
Morbid curiosity.
我觉得一时半会也找不出原因
I don't suppose for moment we can understand why she committed suicide.
那种女孩子
Girls of that class!
母亲别这样 为您自己着想也为我们 你不能…
No, Mother, please, for your own sake, as well as ours, you mustn't...
不能什么
Mustn't what?
真的吗 希拉
Really, Sheila!
你不能筑起一道墙 把我们和那个女孩隔开来
You mustn't start building up a wall between us and that girl.
就算如此 探长也会把墙推倒
If you do. The inspector will just break it down.
到时只会更难堪
It'll be all the worse when he does.
我不明白你在说什么
I don't understand you.
你明白吗
Do you?
是的 是的 我想她可能是对的
Yes. Yes. I'm afraid she's right.
容我说两句 探长
That I consider a trifle impertinent, Inspector.
我知道你肯定想盘问些事情
I realise that you have to conduct some sort of inquiry,
但是我必须说 到目前为止
but I must say that so far you seem to be conducting it
你的态度都太冒犯了
in a rather peculiar and offensive manner.
你知道的 我丈夫两年前还是这里的主法官
You realise, of course, that my husband was Lord Mayor here only two years ago.
现在他也还是地方法♥院♥的法官
And that he's still a magistrate.
伯令太太 探长知道这回事
Mrs Birling, the inspector knows all that.
作为一名法官 伯令太太
As a magistrate, Mrs Birling.
您丈夫肯定对盘问更加熟悉吧
your husband will want to take a lively interest in this inquiry.
我非常感谢他的帮忙
I'd be grateful for his help.
他会很快回来吗
Will he be returning shortly, do you think?
他在和我们儿子艾瑞克讲话
He's just talking to my son Eric,
他可能情绪有点激动
who seems to be in a silly, excitable sort of mood.
他怎么了
What's the matter with him?
艾瑞克吗
Eric?
恐怕他今晚喝多了 我们原本在…
I'm afraid he may have had rather too much to drink tonight. We were..
他经常喝酒吗
Isn't he used to drinking?
当然不 他还是个小孩
Of course not! He's only a boy.
我们在母亲眼里永远都是小孩 伯令太太
We're all boys to our mothers, Mrs Birling.
我想他应该是个成年人了吧
I'd say he's a young man.
有些年轻人就是喝得太多
And some young men drink far too much.
你是在暗示艾瑞克也是其中一个吗
Are you insinuating that Eric is one of them?
母亲 我永远不愿伤害艾瑞克 你知道的
Mother, I'm the last person to say anything to hurt Eric, you know that.
但对事实视而不见也无济于事
But what's the use of blindly shutting our eyes to the facts?
- 但你作为他的姐姐… - 艾瑞克喝太多了
- But you, his own sister... - Eric drinks too much.
我们假装不知道这件事对他毫无帮助
It's no help to him to pretend that he doesn't.
但这不是事实
But it isn't true!
杰拉德 你了解他 你知道这不是事实
Gerald, you know him. You know it isn't true.
是吗 克劳夫特先生
Well, Mr Croft?
他最近是喝得有点多 但是…
Well, lately he has been drinking rather a lot, but...
你说这话的时机挑得真准
And this is the moment you choose to tell me.
电影精选列表