丑闻 丑闻又如何
Scandal? What does a scandal matter?
那女孩死了 是我们害的 这才是关键
The girl's dead and we all helped to kill her. That's what matters!
是吗 谁说的 没有证据能证明
But did we? Who says so? There's no real evidence that we did.
当然有证据
Of course there is!
没有
No, there isn't.
这么想
Just think.
有个男人来到这里 声称自己是警探
A man comes here pretending to be a police officer.
然后呢
Now, what does he do?
很巧妙地运用自己手里的信息
Very artfully, working on information he's picked up here and there,
虚张声势地让我们为对一个女孩所做的事认罪
he bluffs us into confessing that we've been mixed up in this girl's life.
我们确实做了
And so we have.
但是我们怎么知道是同一个女孩呢
But how do we know it's the same girl?
我们都承认了
We all admitted it anyway.
不 我们没有
No, we didn't.
我们承认了我们对一个女孩所做的事
We admitted something to do with a girl,
但是我们怎么知道是同一个女孩呢
but how do we know it's the same girl?
有照片啊
By the photograph.
我们怎么知道是同一张照片呢
How do we know it's the same photograph?
他给你父亲看的时候 小心地不让我和艾瑞克看到
He was very careful that Eric and I shouldn't see the one he showed to your father.
让我们回想一下
Now, just think back.
有任何两个人同时看到那张照片吗
Did any two of us look at the same photograph at once?
没有
No.
没有
Well, no.
没有
No.
就是说啊
Precisely.
没有证据表明是同一张照片
There's no proof it was the same photograph.
也就是说 可能不是同一个女孩
Therefore, no proof it was the same girl.
根本没有证据证明…
There isn't the slightest proof that this...
黛西·瑞顿就是伊娃·史密斯
Daisy Renton was really Eva Smith.
我们只听了他的一面之词 他很有可能一直在撒谎
We've only got his word for it. He may have been lying all the time.
当然 没准是四五个不同的女孩呢
Of course. There were probably four or five different girls.
但这对我来说没有任何区别
That doesn't matter to me.
我认识的那个已经死了
The one I knew is dead.
我们马上就能确定是不是了
Well, we can soon settle that.
怎么说
How?
打电♥话♥给医院
By ringing the infirmary.
你好 能帮我接医院吗 情况紧急
Hello. Will you get me the infirmary? It's urgent.
对 我不知道号♥码
No, I don't know the number.
问问有没有年轻女孩死亡的记录
Either there's a dead girl there or there isn't.
如果没有呢
And if there isn't?
那就… 你好 是医院吗
Well... Hello? Is that the infirmary?
你好 我是克劳夫特公♥司♥的杰拉德·克劳夫特
Yes, this is Mr Gerald Croft speaking of Croft's Limited.
我们现在很担心我们的一位员工
We are rather worried about one of our employees.
你们有没有接收一位今天下午送去的年轻女孩
Have you had a girl brought in this afternoon who committed suicide
喝消毒剂自杀的 或者其它方式
by drinking disinfectant, or any suicide?
好的 我等着
Yes, I'll wait.
在
Yes?
你确定吗
You're certain of that?
我知道了 非常感谢 再见
I see. Thank you very much. Goodbye.
今天没有女孩死掉了
No girl has died there today.
已经几个月没有自杀的案件了
They haven't had a suicide in months.
如释重负啊
What a relief!
杰拉德 赶快去倒点酒来
Gerald, my boy, pour us out some drinks at once.
这一切都结束了
To think that it's all over.
是吗
Is it?
难道不是吗 我们只是被耍了而已
Well, isn't it? We've just been had, that's all.
所以什么事都没发生吗
So nothing's really happened?
仅仅因为没有悲剧发生
Just because it didn't end tragically,
我们就不感到羞愧吗
there's nothing to be sorry for?
就学不会反省吗
Nothing to learn?
之后还是我行我素吗
We can all go on behaving just as we did?
为什么不呢
Well, why shouldn't we?
我们才刚开始反省自己
We all began to learn something,
但是你们现在又决定走回老路
but now you're ready to go on the same old way.
难道你不是吗
Oh, and you're not, eh?
我不会的
No.
因为我记得他所说的 记得他带给我的震撼
Because I remember what he said and how he made me feel.
你们现在说话的样子让我感到恐惧
It frightens me the way you talk.
我也是
It frightens me too.
看看他们两个
Just look at them!
出身显赫的年轻一代啊
The famous younger generation who know it all.
连玩笑也开不起
And they can't even take a joke!
我告诉你们 不管那个探长是谁
I tell you, whoever that inspector is,
只要我还活着 我就不会忘记他
as long as I live, I shall never forget him.
天啊 我差点忘了他了
By Jove! I'd forgotten all about him!
老天啊
Oh, good gracious!
亚瑟 你觉得我们现在该怎么办
Now, Arthur, what do you think we'd better do?
我们可不能节外生枝
We don't want any fuss or scandal.
让我来处理 亲爱的
Leave it to me, my dear.
我们给他个下马威 然后立即打发他走人
We'll just give him a fright and send him away with a flea in his ear.
毕竟这次我们占理
After all, you know, we owe him the right.
听着 我有几句话要对你说
Now, look here. I want to have a few straight words with you.
我们发现了一些不太对劲的地方 所谓的探长先生
One or two facts have come my way, Mr So-called Inspector.
现在轮到我问你些问题了
It's my turn to ask you a few questions.
你可能不太喜欢
I don't think you're going to like them.
父亲 有人打电♥话♥找你
Father, you're wanted on the telephone.
等我一下
Just a minute.
我是伯令
Mr Birling speaking.
伯令先生 不好意思打扰了
Mr Birling, I'm sorry to trouble you.
什么事 弗莱彻
Yes, Fletcher?
什么
What?
我家?
Here?
是警局打来的
That was the police.
有一个女孩刚刚死在了去医院的路上
A girl has just died on her way to the infirmary.
是喝消毒剂自杀的
After swallowing some disinfectant.
警局的探长正在赶过来
The police inspector is on his way here
说要问我们一些问题
to ask some questions.
电影精选列表