不 我明天就走 不然她会发现我住在这
No, I'll go tomorrow. She might find out I was here.
我会尽快收拾好东西离开
I'll pack and go as soon as I possibly can.
求你别这样 黛西
Please stop it, Daisy.
我知道你这么说只是为了让我好过点 但是…
I know you're only trying to make it easier for me, but...
我真的很为难
it's horrible.
我会给你留点钱
I'll leave some money for you.
不 我不需要钱
No, I don't need any money.
拿着吧 黛西 不然我心里过意不去
Please take it, Daisy. I couldn't bear it if you didn't.
至少能让你撑到找到一份体面的工作为止
It's just something to keep you going until you get a decent job.
不用担心我 我会找到工作的
Oh, don't worry about me. I'll get a job.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
我确定
Yes, I'm quite sure.
再见 杰拉德 赶紧走吧
Goodbye, Gerald. Please go quickly now.
别 求你了
No, no. Please.
我能告诉你的就这些了
That's all I can tell you.
谢谢 克劳夫特先生 我就想知道这些
Thank you, Mr Croft. That's all I want from you.
这样的话 如果可以我想离开一会
In that case, if you'll excuse me, I'd be glad if you'd let me go.
去哪 回家吗
Go where? Home?
不 你不介意的话我想随便走走
No, I'd like to walk around a bit if you don't mind.
- 当然 克劳夫特先生 - 杰拉德
- Certainly, Mr Croft. - Gerald.
你拿上这个吧
I think you'd better take this.
我明白了
I see.
别误会
Oh, don't misunderstand me.
我并没有像半小时前那么讨厌你了
I don't dislike you as I did half an hour ago.
事实上 我反而开始尊敬你
In fact, in some odd way I rather respect you
前所未有的尊敬
more than I've ever done before.
但这件事还是产生了影响
But this has made a difference.
你和我已不再是刚刚吃饭时的那对恋人了
You and I aren't the same people who sat down to dinner here.
我们必须重新互相认识
We should have to get to know each other all over again.
希拉 不是我为他说话
Now, Sheila, I'm not defending him,
但是你要知道 现在很多年轻人…
but you must understand that a lot of young men...
爸爸 别说了
No, Father, please.
杰拉德明白我的意思
Gerald knows what I mean.
是的 我明白
Yes, I know what you mean.
但是我会回来的 如果可以的话
But I'm coming back, if I may.
你可以
You may.
我想这件事应该可以告一段落了吧
Well, let's hope that disposes of the unfortunate girl.
恐怕还没有 伯令太太
I'm afraid not quite, Mrs Birling.
您并没有给杰拉德看照片 探长
You never showed that photograph to Gerald, Inspector.
没这个必要
It wasn't necessary.
是那个女孩的照片吗
Is that a photograph of the girl?
是的
Yes.
我想您最好也看一下
I think you'd better have a look at her.
认出她了吗
Do you recognise her?
没有 我怎么会认识
No, why should I?
你的意思是你选择不认识她
You mean you don't choose to?
我已经说得很清楚了
I meant what I said.
你没有实话实说 伯令太太
You're not telling me the truth, Mrs Birling.
你说什么
I beg your pardon!
听着 探长 我不会允许这种事发生的
Now, look here, Inspector. I won't have this.
我是个公众人物
I'm a public man.
我想公众人物有特权 同时也有义务
I suggest, Mr Birling, that public men have responsibilities as well as privileges.
没错 但你来这不是为了跟我讨论义务的
Yes, but you weren't told to come here to talk to me about my responsibilities!
希望如此 但是我开始好奇了
Let's hope not, but I'm beginning to wonder.
什么意思 希拉
Does that mean anything, Shelia?
我的意思是 我们不能再推脱了
It means that we've no excuse now for putting on airs.
父亲把她开除 就因为她想要涨工资
Father threw this girl out because she asked for decent wages.
我没有 我开除她是因为她总是制♥造♥麻烦
I did no such thing! I sacked her because she was a troublemaker!
不管怎样 她被开除了
Well, anyway she was sacked.
我把她推向了更深的深渊
I pushed her further out
就因为我心情不好 而她又漂亮
because I was in a bad temper and she was pretty.
杰拉德给了她希望 又在不需要她时离她而去
Gerald gives her the earth and drops her as soon as it suits him.
现在你又假装认不出她的照片
Now you're pretending you don't recognise her photograph!
你怎么敢这么说 希拉
Shelia, how dare you!
我想你肯定撒谎了
Oh, I admit I know why you should,
从你现在的表现就知道了
but I know that you did from the way you look!
你没发现你把事情搅得更糟了吗
Can't you see you're making it worse?
有人开门
That was the door again.
肯定是杰拉德回来了
Gerald must've come back.
可能是你儿子刚刚出去了
Unless your son has just gone out.
我去看看
Well, I'll go and see.
伯令太太 你是布伦利女子慈善机构的成员吧
Mrs Birling, you are a member, a very prominent member,
还是主要成员 是不是
of the Brumley Women's Charity Organisation, aren't you?
是的
Yes, I am.
那是一个有困难的女性可以寻求帮助的地方 是吧
And it's an organisation to which women in distress may appeal for help, isn't that so?
没错 我们做了很多善事帮助别人
Yes, we've done a great deal of work in helping deserving cases.
两周前 你有一个访问委员会的会议
And there was a meeting of the Interviewing Committee two weeks ago?
没错
I daresay there was.
你肯定知道 你当时参与了会议
You know very well there was, Mrs Birling. You were in the chair.
我在场又怎么样 这和你有什么关系
And if I was? What business is it of yours?
是艾瑞克吗
Was it Eric?
肯定是的
It must have been.
你去他房♥间了吗
Did you go up to his room?
去了 还在门外喊了
Yes, and I called out on both landings.
他肯定出去了
He must've gone out.
傻孩子 他能去哪啊
Silly boy. Where can he have gone to?
我不知道 估计是出去找乐子了
I can't imagine. He was in one of his excitable moods.
不过 我们也不需要他在场
Anyway, we don't need him here.
我倒是需要他在场
Oh, but we do need him here.
他估计是出去冷静冷静了
Well, he's probably gone to cool off.
我敢肯定他很快就会回来的
I'm sure he'll be back soon.
你确定?
You're sure?
我有充足的理由
Reasonably sure.
他会回来的
He'll be back.
希望如此
I hope so.
你为什么这么想
Why should you hope so?
等你回答完我的问题后 我会解释的
I'll explain that when you've answered my questions, Mrs Birling.
你还记得克劳夫特先生告诉我们
You remember Mr Croft told us, quite truthfully, I believe,
他说他已经六个月没见过伊娃·史密斯了
that he hadn't spoken to or seen Eva Smith for six months.
但是伯令太太就在两个星期前见过她
But Mrs Birling spoke to her and saw her only two weeks ago.
母亲见过她?
Mother did?
是真的吗
Is this true?
没错
Yes, quite true.
她去你们组织寻求帮助
She appealed to your organisation for help.
是的
Yes.
你提供帮助了吗
And you gave it?
- 没有 - 为什么
- No. - Why?
为什么 伯令太太
Why, Mrs Birling?
她跟我讲了一个荒唐至极的故事
She told me a ridiculous, incredible story.
显而易见的谎话 而且她对我极度无礼
An obvious lie. Also, she was grossly impertinent.
无礼?
Impertinent?
没错
Yes.
这是我对她产生偏见的原因之一
That was one of the reasons that prejudiced me against her case.
你承认对她有偏见?
You admit being prejudiced against her?
是的
Yes.
母亲 她最后死得太可怜了
Mother, she's died a horrible death.
我很同情她
I'm very sorry.
但是那只能怪她自己
I think she had only herself to blame.
是因为你对委员会施压
Tell me, was it clue to your influence
才导致这个女孩的救助申请不被受理的吗
in the committee that help was refused this girl?
可能吧
Possibly.
说清楚点 伯令太太 是不是因为你的缘故
Come now, Mrs Birling. Was it or was it not your influence?
是的 就是我 我不喜欢她的态度
Yes, it was. I didn't like her manner.
她为什么去寻求帮助
Why did she ask for help?
你知道为什么
You know very well why she ask for help.
我不知道
No, I don't.
我知道他需要帮助 但我当时又不在场
I know she needed help, but I wasn't there,
我不知道她去找你商量什么事
I don't know why she asked it from your committee.
我不想讨论这件事
I don't think we need discuss it.
恐怕这由不得您了 伯令太太
You have no hope of not discussing it, Mrs Birling.
电影精选列表