除非你有我这能耐
Unless you brighten some of your ideas,
否则就无权决定别人的去留
you'll never be in a position to let anybody stay or to tell anybody to go!
就这样吧 探长 我也没什么别的好说的
Well, Inspector, there's nothing more I can tell you.
我把那个女孩开除了 她就走了
I told the girl to clear out and she went.
那是我最后一次看到她
That's the last I heard of her.
你有她之后的消息吗
Have you got any ideas what happened to her after that?
遇到麻烦了?
Get into trouble?
上街揽客?
Go on the streets?
没有 伯令先生 她并没有去站街
No. No, Mr Birling. She didn't exactly go on the streets.
对不起 我不知道您有客人
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had someone with you.
我们这就过去 马上结束了
All right, we'll be along in a minute. We're finished here.
我说过了 其它的我一概不知
There's nothing else, you know. I've told you that
发生什么事了
What's this all about?
和你没关系 希拉 你别管
Nothing to do with you, Sheila. Run along
等一下 伯令先生
Wait, please, Miss Birling.
听着 探长
Now, look here, Inspector!
我女儿根本不可能
There's no reason why my daughter should be dragged
跟这件晦气事有关
into this unpleasant business.
什么事
What business?
我是个警探 伯令小姐
I'm a police inspector, Miss Birling.
今天下午有个女孩喝了毒药 死在医院里
This afternoon a young woman drank some poison and died in the infirmary.
死前恐怕很痛苦
After great suffering, I'm afraid.
太可怕了 是什么意外吗
How horrible. Was it an accident?
这正是我们想查清的地方
That's what we want to find out.
别告诉我这个女孩自杀了
Yes, well, don't tell me the girl committed suicide
就因为两年前被我开除了
just because I dismissed her from my employment about two years ago.
你把她开除了?
Well, did you?
没错
Yes I did.
她在厂里制♥造♥麻烦 我这是秉公办事
She'd been causing trouble at the works. I was quite justified.
我也这么认为
I think you were.
真希望不是真的 她长得怎样
I wish you hadn't told me. What was she like?
是啊 什么样
Yes, what was she like?
很年轻 才24岁
Quite young. 24.
她漂亮吗
And pretty?
今天看来并不漂亮 伯令小姐 但她原本很漂亮
Not when I saw her today, Miss Birling, but she'd been pretty.
非常漂亮
Very pretty.
我看你这次来访也没访出什么结果吧 探长
I don't see that this inquiry gets you anywhere, Inspector.
她离职之后发生的事才是关键
It's what happened to her since she left Mr Birling's works that is important.
显而易见
Obviously.
那我们就没法帮忙了 因我们也不知道
And we can't help you with that, because we don't know.
你确定你不知道吗
Are you quite sure you don't know?
你是觉得这里其他人也和这个女孩有关系吗
Are you suggesting that one of them had something to do with this girl?
没错
Yes.
这么说来 你来这儿不仅仅是为了找我
So you didn't come here just to see me, then?
没错 我可能要问诸位一些问题
No. No, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you all a few more questions yet.
我已经把我知道的都告诉你了
Well, I've told you all I know,
对于你的诉求已经仁至义尽了
so I'd be much obliged if you'd ask your questions and then clear out!
原本今晚我们有个小喜讯
We were having a nice family celebration here this evening.
就因为你 把气氛全搅了
A nastiness you've made of it, haven't you?
也不尽然吧 伯令先生
It was not of my making, I assure you, Mr Birling.
我不明白 探长先生
I don't understand, Inspector.
听您的意思 好像这女孩的死和我们有关系
You talk as if we were responsible for this poor girl's death.
你是不是忘了我们是合法公民 而不是罪犯
You seem to forget that we're respectable citizens and not criminals, you know.
有时 这两者的区别也没有你想得那么大
Well, sometimes there isn't as much a difference as one would think.
要问我的话 我也不知道两者的区别在哪
Indeed, if it were left to me, I wouldn't know where to draw the line.
所幸 您也不需要知道 是吧
Fortunately, it isn't left to you, is it?
是啊 我只要问几个问题就好了
Very fortunately. I only have to make inquiries.
这个女孩在离开我父亲的工厂后发生了什么
What happened to this girl after she left my father's works?
她失业了两个月
She was out of work for a couple of months.
你可以想象她的生活有多难
As you can imagine, she had a very distressing time.
事实上 通过日记 我们发现她几度挨饿
Indeed, according to her diary, she came very near to starvation.
太可怜了
Oh, how terrible.
后来她交了好运
Then she had a wonderful stroke of luck.
她被一家商店录用 一家很好的服装店
She was taken on in a shop. A good shop.
米尔伍德
Millwood's.
米尔伍德 我们去过
Millwood's? Oh, we go there!
事实上 我们今天下午才刚刚去过
In fact, I was there this afternoon for your benefit.
她喜欢在那工作 喜欢被各种好看的衣服包围着
She enjoyed working there. She liked being amongst pretty clothes.
她的生活似乎有了新的起色
It seems she felt that she was making a really fresh start.
但是两个月后 她又被开除了
But after two months, they told her she'd have to go.
她做错了什么吗
Not doing her work properly?
没有 没有 她没做错什么
No, no, no, no. There was nothing wrong about the way she was doing her work.
店里的人承认了
They admitted it.
那就是别的什么地方出问题
Well, there must have been something wrong.
不 不 不
No. No, no, no.
她只知道有个顾客投诉了她
All she knew was that a customer had complained about her
所以她被迫离职
and so she had to go.
什么时候的事
When was this?
去年一月
The end of January last year.
那个女孩什么样
What was this girl like?
如果您愿意移步 伯令小姐 我可以给你看一张照片
Well, if you'll come over here, Miss Birling, I'll show you.
怎么了 希拉
What's the matter, Sheila?
你自始至终都知道是我 是吗
You knew it was me all the time, didn't you?
我只是猜测可能是你
Well, I had an idea it might be.
这件事对她有什么影响吗
Did it make much difference to her?
恐怕是的 这是她生前最后一份稳定的工作
Yes, I'm afraid it did. You see, that was the last really steady job she had.
这么说 我要对这事负责
So I'm really responsible?
不不不 我可不会这么想
No, no, no. I wouldn't go as far as that.
不会像你父亲一样
No more than your father, really.
你做了什么 希拉 发生了什么
What did you do, Sheila? What happened?
那天下午我心情很差
I was in a filthy temper that afternoon.
和母亲出门逛街
I'd been out shopping with Mother.
她执意帮我选所有的衣服 以为我还是个学生
She'd insisted on choosing everything for me as though I was still a schoolgirl.
我需要一顶新帽子 所以我们就去了米尔伍德
But I needed a new hat, so we went to Millwood's.
我想自己选帽子
I was determined to get my own way over that hat.
事实上 我心里清楚母亲是对的 而我错了
'The fact that I knew that Mother was right and I was wrong
但正因如此 我变得更顽固
made me even more obstinate and pig-headed.'
我最喜欢这顶
This is the one I like best.
不 亲爱的 这不衬你
No, clear. It doesn't suit you at all.
母亲 每次我自己选东西你都这么说
Mother, you always say that when I choose something.
我已经大了 知道自己要什么
Surely I'm old enough to know what I want.
这真的很不合适 粉色的那顶要好看得多
It's quite unsuitable. The pink one was very much prettier.
刚刚那位导购小姐戴的时候非常好看
It looked quite charming when the assistant had it on just now.
为什么你们小女孩总喜欢老气的东西
Why is it you girls always like things that are much too old for you?
你应该买♥♥一顶那样的帽子来衬你的娃娃脸
You need a hat like that to suit your baby face.
但如果你执意要这一顶 那就买♥♥吧 亲爱的
Still, if you think you know best, you'll have it, dear.
快点决定好 我在喝茶的地方等你
Only hurry up and make up your mind. You can meet me in the tea lounge.
弗朗西斯小姐
Miss Francis,
我知道看起来不太对 我可能没戴对
I know it didn't look right. I don't think I was wearing it properly.
你帮我戴吧
Can you show me, please?
好的 伯令小姐
Yes, Miss Birling.
要我说的话 这么看来会好一些
If I may say so, I think it would look better like this. Allow me.
不对 我可能会把你的发型弄乱
No, I might disarrange your charming coiffure.
伊娃 帮忙戴上 好吗
Eva, put it on, will you?
好了 我知道了
Yes, I knew it was all right.
给我吧
Well, give it to me.
我自己来
Well, come along!
行了 我哪个都不会买♥♥了
All right! I won't have this hat or any other!
伯令小姐
Oh, but Miss Birling...
我不想坐在这戴帽子让你们取笑
I'm not gonna sit here try on hats for your amusement!
我向你保证…
But I assure you...
这个女孩偷笑都快憋不住了
That girl was grinning her head off!
你们没有教她礼仪吗
Don't you teach them any manners?
伊娃 你不应该…
Eva, you weren't...
不 弗朗西斯小姐 我没有 这不是我的问题
No, Miss Francis, I wasn't. It isn't my fault.
我要举报你的无礼行为
I'm gonna report you for impertinence!
这不公平
I must say that's unfair!
你自己心里清楚
You know you were being insolent!
很抱歉我给您造成那样的印象 但是…
I'm sorry if I gave that impression, but I assure you...
别光站着看啊
Don't just stand there,
电影精选列表