直到有天晚上她告诉了你一些事
Until one night she told you that something had happened.
是的
Yes.
她和你说什么了
What did she tell you had happened?
求你们了 让我一个人安静会
Oh, for heaven's sake, leave me alone! All of you!
艾瑞克 怎么了 艾瑞克
Eric, what's the matter? Eric!
你也别来烦我
Oh, don't you start on me, too!
艾瑞克
Eric!
别说了 我都告诉你们别说了
Oh, stop it! I tell you! All of you!
她和你说什么了
What did she tell you?
说出来 儿子
Come on, boy! Out with it!
到底是什么 艾瑞克
What is it, Eric?
不 我不会搞错的
No, I couldn't be mistaken.
艾瑞克 很抱歉 我很确定
I'm sorry, Eric, but I'm quite sure.'
我很高兴你能那么说 我也期待你那么说
I'm glad you said that. I was hoping you would.
但我不能嫁给你 艾瑞克 那不合适
But I can't marry you, Eric. It wouldn't be right.
你自己也知道 你并不爱我
You see, you don't love me.
你只是孤独而已
You were lonely
我也是一样
and so was I.
我们之间就只是这样
That's all it ever amounted to.
我不知道接下来要怎么办
No, I don't know what I'm going to do.
但是你现在没有钱
But you haven't got any money.
怎么办
How?
答应我 别干什么傻事
Oh, promise me you won't do anything silly.
我知道你不想让我失望
I know you don't want to let me down,
但是别干傻事
but you mustn't do anything stupid.
儿子 今天没工作要做吗
Oh, hello, boy. Got no work to do?
有 父亲 但是…
Yes, I have, Father, but...
那就赶紧去做吧
Well, you'd better get on with it, hadn't you?
我想和你谈谈 父亲
I wanted to talk to you about something, Father.
我现在很忙 不能等等吗
I'm very busy just now. Can't it wait?
恐怕这件事有点急
It's rather urgent, I'm afraid.
行吧 什么事
Well, well, what is it?
我想涨工资 父亲
I wanted to ask you for a rise, Father.
涨工资 老天啊 你现在一个月30块了
A rise? Good heavens, boy! You're getting 30 bob a week!
你这个年纪还想挣多少钱
What more do you want at your age?
我都25了
I'm 25.
周围同龄人赚得都比我多
Other chaps my age get more than that.
比如说杰拉德
Gerald, for instance.
杰拉德是一个比你年长有责任感的好交易员
Gerald's a good deal older and a good deal more responsible.
而且我可不想看到一个年轻人挥霍无度
Anyway, I don't like to see young men having a lot of money to waste.
我现在生活都有问题 父亲
I can't manage on it, Father.
生活有问题?
Can't manage on it?
据我所知 你没什么好花钱的吧
You've got nothing to spend it on, as far as I can see.
你住在家里 什么都不用你花钱
You live at home. You have everything.
我欠了债 父亲
I've got debts, Father.
欠债 那我就明确告诉你吧
Debts? Debts? Well, I'll tell you something.
我不会为你或者其他任何人还债
I'm not going to pay your debts or anybody else's.
你还是用省下来的钱自己还吧
You can save up and pay your own debts.
或者告诉你的债主再等一阵子
Or tell whoever you owe the money to to whistle and wait for it.
这关乎脸面 父亲
It's a matter of honour, Father.
原来是脸面的事
Oh, so that's it, is it?
欠了脸面的债
A debt of honour?
赌马了 是不是 那我就和你说清楚
Betting, horses, eh? Well, I'll tell you something else.
我是不会把这个公♥司♥的钱交给博♥彩♥公♥司♥的
I'm not going to hand over this firm's money to a lot of bookmakers!
这是你自找的 就得自个解决
You've got into this mess and you'll get out of it.
就当买♥♥个教训吧
And it'll teach you a good lesson.
等你有点常识之后 咱们再谈涨工资的事
We'll talk about that rise when you've learned a bit of common sense.
说啊
Well? Come on.
说出来
Out with it!
我是孩子的父亲 所以…
I was the father of the child, so...
我必须尽全力帮助她
it was up to me to stand by her as best I could.
你做了什么
What did you do?
就像我承诺的那样 给了她一些钱
I gave her some money, as I said I would.
多少
How much?
一共五十磅
I suppose about £50, all told.
五十磅?
£50?
你哪来这么多钱
Where did you get £50 from?
从办公室拿的
From the office, Father.
- 从我办公室?- 是的
- From my office? - Yes.
你偷了钱
You stole it!
没有 我只是用你的印♥章♥去提了现金
No, I collected accounts in cash without a carbon copy receipt in the book.
你把钱私吞了
Pocketed the money! Pinched it!
也不全是
Not really.
我原本打算还回去的
I intended to pay it back.
你确实得还
And you will pay it back.
你得用下半辈子无薪为我工作来偿还
You'll pay it back if you work for nothing for the rest of your life!
五十磅
£50!
你可得为此负责
I've a very good mind to give you in charge!
接下来的事就不劳您费心了 伯令先生
I'm not sure it rests with you, Mr Birling.
你儿子涉嫌犯罪 可能将被起诉
Your son may have committed a criminal of fence.
犯罪
Criminal...
你是说…
You mean...?
警局法庭?
Police courts?
传票?
Papers?
不 探长 不
No, Inspector! No!
您刚刚可不是这个态度啊 伯令太太
That's scarcely your attitude of a few minutes ago, Mrs Birling.
在搅进这趟浑水前 你为什么不马上告诉我呢
Why didn't you come to me when you found yourself in this mess?
谁会在有麻烦的时候想到你呢
You're the last person anyone could go to in trouble.
我看你就是被惯坏的
Your trouble is that you're being spoiled!
你们可以等我走了之后再争论是谁的责任
You can divide the responsibility between you after I've gone.
那女孩知道你给她的钱是偷来的 对吧
Now, the girl really knew that the money you were giving her was stolen, didn't she?
是的
Yes.
这就是最糟糕的地方
Yes, that was the worst part.
她不肯收下钱 还说不想再见我了
She wouldn't take any more and she didn't want to see me again and it was...
你怎么知道的 她告诉你的
How did you know that? Did she tell you?
不是 我从没和她说过话
No. No, I never spoke to her.
她对母亲讲了
She told Mother.
希拉
Sheila!
他肯定是要知道的
Well, he has to know.
她告诉你的 她来过
She told you? Well, did she come here?
别光站着 告诉我到底怎么回事
Don't just stand there. Tell me! Tell me what happened.
我来告诉你吧
I'll tell you.
她向你母亲所在的委员会求助 但被你母亲拒绝了
She applied to your mother's committee for help. And your mother refused that help.
这么说是你杀了她
Then you killed her.
他向你求助来保全我 而你却把她推开了
She came to you to protect me and you turned her away.
是你杀了她
You killed her.
还有那个孩子
And the Child!
我的孩子
My Child!
你杀了他们两个
You killed them both!
艾瑞克 别这样 我当时不清楚情况
Eric, please. I didn't understand.
你总是不清楚
You don't understand anything.
你从来没清楚过
You never did!
艾瑞克 别说了
Oh, Eric, don't!
别说了
Please.
探长
Inspector,
这也和质询有关吗
is there bound to be an inquiry?
或者说 可以忘掉这件事吗
Or... can all this be forgotten?
时间可以淡忘一切 伯令先生
People have short memories, Mr Birling.
可我不会忘记
I'm not likely to forget it.
我知道 我相信你不会
No. No, I don't think you will.
你不用看我 我也不会忘记的
You needn't look at me. I know I shan't.
我是始作俑者
I started it.
不
Oh, no.
我们不能把你当成始作俑者 伯令小姐
No, I don't think we can quite say that you started it, Miss Birling.
是吧 伯令先生
Can we, Mr Birling?
探长 我会 我会拿出几千块
Inspector, I would... I'd give thousands.
没错 几千块
Yes, thousands.
你现在给钱已经晚了 父亲
You're offering money at the wrong time, Father.
这不仅仅是一个伊娃·史密斯 父亲
It isn't only Eva Smith, Father.
还有千千万万个伊娃·史密斯
It's all the other Eva Smiths.
电影精选列表