我很抱歉 内森
I'm sorry, Nathan.
你不该遭受那天晚上发生的事
You didn't deserve what happened to you that night.
但是想想你坐在这里的机会
But think about the opportunity you're sitting on here.
你有机会去改变一切
You have a chance to turn everything around.
你能找到我真是太好了
It's good you found me.
内森
Nathan.
怎么了 你怎么停下来了
What is it? Why are we stopped?
我并不想打扰你
I don't want to worry you...
但是我觉得我们可能有麻烦了
but I think we might have a problem.
什么麻烦 是吉姆
What? It's Jim.
我失去了与他的联♥系♥
I lost my connection to him.
好吧 把他找回来
Well, get him back.
我有个主意 但是你不会喜欢的
I have an idea, but you're not going to like it.
什么主意
What?
我需要你带我去你放他尸体的地方
I need you to show me where you put his body.
不可能
No way.
这是灵媒的工具
It's a tool in the medium world.
如果我能接近他最后安息的地方
I can connect more deeply to a spirit...
我可以更深入的和他的灵魂建立联♥系♥
if I have access to its final resting place.
我不知道
I don't know.
内森 如果没有和吉姆的联♥系♥
Nathan, without a connection to Jim...
就无法和斯黛西沟通
there's no talking to Stacy.
我们在哪
Where are we?
那
There.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
嗯 我觉得应该是
Yeah, I think so.
但我需要你确定
Well, I need you to be sure.
没错 就是那
Yeah, that's it.
好了 让我们离开这儿吧
All right, let's get out of here.
迈克的大多数朋友都离开城镇了
Most of Mike's old friends have left town...
但这些人仍然还在这个区域
but these folks are still in the area.
哦 太好了 谢谢你
Oh, this is great, thank you.
再来点茶吗
More tea?
不 不用了 我应该开始打电♥话♥了
No, no, I should start making these calls.
非常感谢你的帮助
I really appreciate your help.
我对你祖母卡西很好奇
I'm curious about your grandmother Cassy.
她是怎么去世的
How did she pass?
还是她只是剧本的一部分
Or is she just part of the script?
萨姆 别说这个了
Sam, let's not go into this.
拜托了 如果他求助请一定要告诉我
Please... let me know if he reaches out
我试着不去担心
I'm trying not to worry.
当然了 没了他
Of course, without him,
你就不用骗这么多人了 对吗
you don't have much of a grift... do you?
他是我最好的朋友 我想确保他没事
He's my best friend, I want to make sure he's okay.
我们也是
And so do we...
但是这种一下消失
but this disappearing and getting everybody...
然后让所有人团团转真的 就
all riled up, well, it's just...
我并不想说他的坏话 但他很任性
I'm not trying to bad-mouth him, but he's a willful boy.
他一直都是
He always has been.
有一次他爸爸在布道的时候
When his father was in the middle of a sermon once...
迈克假装被圣灵控制了
Mike faked that the Holy Spirit took him over.
你想想看一个七岁大的孩子绕着教堂跳舞
Now imagine a seven-year-old dancing around a church...
还一边装着说方言
pretending to speak in tongues?
我们当时尴尬极了
It was very embarrassing for us.
听起来他不过想引起你们的注意力罢了
It sounds like he was just trying to get your attention.
你当妈妈了吗
Are you a parent?
没有
No.
我们家有六口人
In a family of six,
不可能把所有孩子都关照到
you can not baby all your children.
现实就是如此
That is just the reality.
迈克总是想被关注 但我们力不能及
And Mike always wanted more than was possible to give him.
你看上去倒像个聪明体面的姑娘
You seem like a smart and decent gal.
为什么不把这些长处用在一些
Why not use those qualities for something...
你能引以为傲或者值得尊敬的事上
that you can be proud of, something honorable.
其实 您和迈克尔的差别没您想得那么大
You know, you and Michael aren't as different as you think.
何出此言
How's that?
你们都会用承诺来抚慰别人
You both comfort people
说事情并不是这样的
with the promise that this isn't it.
说总有柳暗花明
That there's something big and beautiful...
总有峰回路转
at the end of the line.
小姐 您最好不是来这里
Miss, I will thank you
把我的牧师职位
not to come into my house...
和你们的骗局相比较的
and compare my ministry to that con you're running with my son.
我想我们是时候结束了
I think it's time we wrap this up.
我不像他 我对自己说的话一直坚信
Unlike him, I believe what I'm saying.
我觉得您一定很困扰
I think it bothers you that
他马上就会比您
he's gonna reach more people...
影响到更多的人
than you ever did.
随他出名去
Let him have his fame.
但就像我曾经告诉过他的
Like I've told him...
当一个坦诚的无名之辈
it's better to be an honest nobody
远比扭曲的闻名之人好得多
than a crooked somebody.
如果有您儿子的消息 我会告诉您的
I'll let you know if I hear from your son.
谢谢
Yeah.
我送她出去
I'll just walk her out.
我也不想这样
I don't like it either,
但是我们不能被人看见在一起
but we cannot be seen together.
可能 可能这里会有一些线索
What... what if there's some evidence out there...
能把你连向吉姆
that links you back to Jim?
我知道没有 但为什么不抓住这个机会
I'm sure there's not, but why would we take that chance...
我们已经快成功了
when we're this close to the finish line?
那你想怎么样
So what's your plan?
你躲在这里 我到镇子上重新租个房♥间
You lay low here. I check into a room in town.
然后我打电♥话♥给斯黛西 做我该做的事
And then I'll reach out to Stacy and do what I do.
为什么不用那个电♥话♥直接打给她
Why don't you just call her from that phone?
那个不行
Except that,
打出去后警方可能会追踪到这家旅馆
that call could be traced back to this motel...
那样你就危险了
which puts you in danger.
不 我不能这么对你
No, I won't do that to you.
你到底在怕什么 内森
What are you afraid of, Nathan?
你怕我会出去告发你吗
That I'm gonna walk out of here and turn you in?
你之前在车里睡着了
You were asleep in the car.
我本来可以把车开到最近的警♥察♥局里去
I could have driven you to the nearest police station...
好好处置你 对吧
and been done with you, right?
可能吧
I guess.
我知道你不习惯去相信别人
I know you're not used to trusting people...
但是你得信我
but you have to trust me.
我得知道你是安全的
I can't do my job,
不然我是没心思工作的
if I'm worried you're not safe.
但这都是你来决定 好吗 听你的
But it's your decision, okay? You're the boss.
你想怎么做我们就怎么做
We'll do what you decide.
我 我说 我觉得你应该走
I-I mean, I suppose you should go.
我觉得这是个不错的主意
I think it's the smart idea.
内森 朋友 这是好事
Nathan, buddy, this is a beautiful thing.
我们下一次见面时 一切都会结束的
The next time you see me, this is all gonna be over.
等一下
Hold on.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我 我很庆幸当时没有把你杀了
I'm uh... I'm really glad that I didn't kill you.
也是我的庆幸
Um, me, too.
汽车旅馆
3英里后
Lone Vally
那里
Over there.
你好 我是制片人莫妮卡·路易斯
Hi, Monica Lewis, Senior news producer.
我是迈克尔·沃恩 灵媒
Michael Vaughn, psychic medium.
你来这儿有什么事吗 沃恩先生
What can I do for you, Mr. Vaughn?
我最近和一位在96年失踪的人士
I'm in psychic communication with a man who went missing...
进行了灵魂上的交流 他叫吉姆·毕肖普
from this area back in '96, Jim Bishop.
这听起来很有趣 我已经迫不及待了
That sounds fascinating and I can't wait to hear more.
可以给我张您的商务名片吗 方便联♥系♥
Do you have a business card I can use to contact you?
我可以带你去找他的遗体
I can lead you to his remains.
您说什么
电影精选列表