That's crazy.
我们在选衣服的时候 他们一直要红色衬衫
We were picking wardrobe, and they kept demanding the red shirt.
-他们一直要求… 你觉得为什么要那样做?
-They kept demanding. . . What did you think it was for?
我当时不知道 我心想 “我就要当探险家了”
I. . . I didn't know, I was like, "I wanna be an explorer, man. "
我们很快就会身处一个蓝色的世界
DIVA: We're gonna just be in a blue world soon.
-然后… 哇
-And then, uh. . . Wow.
然后…
And then. . .
-一个黑暗的世界 黑暗的世界
-A dark world. Dark world.
我们才刚刚开始 但来自海面的光线
We've only just started, and already the light from the surface
已经变弱
is fading.
但在黑暗来临之前 有暮色
But before the dark, there's twilight.
一个我们认为几乎没有色彩的世界
WILL: A world we think of as having very little color.
随着夜幕降临 我们所认识的世界完全消失了
CORY: As night falls, the world as we know it totally disappears.
它在你的周围瓦解
It disintegrates around you.
我们的眼睛费力地辨认周围的环境
Our eyes struggle to make out our surroundings.
我能听到声音
I can hear it.
我能听到声音越来越大 是的
I can hear it getting louder. Yeah.
-黑狼鸟 黑狼鸟来了
-Garuga. . . Garuga is coming.
巴西 伊瓜苏瀑布
科里·理查德斯 探险家
摄影师
有时候满月的时候 如果天空晴朗
CORY: Sometimes, during a full moon, when the skies are clear. . .
水雾中会出现一道幽灵般的弧光
a ghostly arc of light appears in the mist.
那是月虹
It's a moonbow.
这几乎是不可能看到的 它就像空气中的一条灰色细线
It's nearly impossible to see. It's like this thin, grey line in the air
跨越整个峡谷上空
that's stretching out over the entire gorge.
但如果使用正确的相机和正确的镜头
But with the right camera and the right lens,
你就能看到它真实的样子
you can see the line for what it really is.
那是一道彩虹 但它是由月光形成的
It's a rainbow, but it's created by the moonlight.
这里很美 不是吗?
LIDIO: It's beautiful here, isn't it?
太完美了
CORY: This is perfect.
利迪欧·欧玛 瓜拉尼族领袖
白光被空气中的微水滴所反射
The white light is bouncing off water droplets in the air,
就像暴雨过后那样
just like it does after a rainstorm.
但是问题在于 月光实际上并没有强到
But here's the thing. Moonlight isn't actually strong enough
足以激活我们的色觉
to activate our color vision.
因此月虹就无法被我们所看见
So, the moonbow remains hidden in plain sight.
这是一个完全隐藏在黑暗中 的彩色世界
It's a world of color that is just completely hidden in darkness.
海洋也有暮色
WILL: The ocean has twilight, too.
下潜到200米深的地方
Go down below 200 meters,
你就到了阳光照射不到的地方
and you're getting beyond the reach of sunlight.
暮色层里 到处都是人们从没见过的东西
And the twilight zone is full of things no one has ever seen before.
控制台 纳迪尔 深度700米 继续下潜 完毕
MAN: Control, control, Nadir. Depth, 700 meters, descending. Over.
你刚才听到那个哐啷声了吗?
MAN: Did you hear that clunk then?
-是的 我听到了 那是我们的潜水器在说
-WILL: Yes, I did. MAN: That's the sphere telling us
-我们到了很深的地方 是的
-we're getting deep. WILL: Yeah.
-好的 我们是不是要探索一下? 好的
-Okay, shall we do some exploring? WILL: All right.
可以吧
I guess.
这感觉就像《星球大战》
WILL: This feels just like Star Wars.
我一直在等着看见死星
I keep expecting to see the Death Star.
你习惯这种感觉吗?
-WILL: Do you ever get used to this? DIVA: Not really.
不习惯
你相信吗?去过太空的人
Can you believe that more people have been into space
比去过海底的人更多
than the bottom of the ocean?
我只下去过几次 因为这些旅程很难得
I've only been down a handful of times because these trips are just so rare.
已被探索的深海不到百分之一
Less than one percent of the deep ocean has been explored.
虽然我们正往更深的黑暗世界迈进
And even though you're traveling deeper into the darkness,
我们却能开始看到更多的东西
you actually start to see more.
哇
Whoa.
-什么? 哇
-DIVA: What? WILL: Wow.
这突然出现在你眼前
Well, that just came out of nowhere.
那是一片悬崖
That is a whole cliff.
太神奇了
-That's amazing. DIVA: Isn't it?
可不是吗?
也许那就是死星
WILL: Maybe it is the Death Star.
-我们不知道这片悬崖有多高… 是的 没错
-DIVA: We have no idea how tall this is. Right.
-它延伸到多远 是吧? 是的
-DIVA: How far this goes, right? WILL: Yes, yes. Absolutely.
在此以前 没人来过这里
DIVA: And before now, no one has been here.
不可思议
WILL: Incredible.
这么说 我有可能是 第一批见到这个景象的人之一
So, I could literally be one of the first people to ever see this?
有可能
DIVA: You could.
等一下 按照探险家法则 我不是能为它命名吗?
WILL: Wait, aren't the explorer rules that I get to name it?
是的
-DIVA: Yeah. WILL: The Fresh Peak.
新巅峰
那是什么?
WILL: What is that?
华美游梦参 回去
Enypniastes, enypniastes, enypniastes. Go back, go back, go back.
这简直太奇怪了
WILL: It's weird as hell.
好吧 这是海参的一种 学名“梦海鼠”
Okay, this is a type of sea cucumber. Formal name, Enypniastes eximia.
但是它有不少别名
-But it has a bunch of nicknames. Mm-hmm.
我个人最喜欢的是无头鸡怪
DIVA: My personal favorite is the headless chicken monster.
无头鸡怪 哇!看看它
The headless chicken. Wow! Look at that.
它看起来真的很像一只
It really does look like a roast chicken. . .
吃了巨型椒盐卷饼的烤鸡
-that ate a giant Philly pretzel.
它们是我最喜欢看到的东西之一
They're just one of my favorite things to see.
真美
That is beautiful.
你看到它是红色的 这个颜色也许是深海动物
You can see that it's red, probably the most common color
最常见的颜色
of animals in the deep sea.
-你觉得这是为什么? 哇!
-WILL: Wow! DIVA: Why do you think that is?
这是个好问题 我不知道…
WILL: That's a good question. I don't know. . . Oh!
应该是为了隐藏自己 对吧?
It would probably be for concealment, right?
-是的 它们可以隐藏起来 对 完全正确!
-Yeah. They can hide. Yes, yes. Exactly!
-因为这里没有红色光 没有红色…它们…
-'Cause there's no red light. WILL: There's no red. . . They. . .
-你就看不到它们 你就看不到它们
-DIVA: You can't see them. WILL: You can't see 'em.
因此 这就像它们穿上了隐身披风
DIVA: So, it's like they're wearing an invisibility cloak.
就像我的T恤衫一样 对吗? 这也是我的隐身披风
WILL: Oh, they act like my T-shirt, right? That's my invisibility cloak.
没错
DIVA: Exactly.
这个深度的动物甚至看不到红色
Most of the creatures down here can't even see red.
是的 我想它们身处一个蓝色的世界 不需要看到红色
WILL: Yeah, I guess, they don't need to in a blue world.
这么说 这里的一切都是红色的吗?
So, is everything down here red?
-那是一只水母 是吗?
-MAN: There's a jellyfish right here. Yeah?
-在我们正前方 那里
-Right in front of us. MAN: There.
-你会看到它在移♥动♥ 它们都… 是的
Whoo! DIVA: You'll see it's moving. They'll all. . . Where the rainbow is.
-就在彩虹那里 是的 是的 哇!
-Yes! Wow! DIVA: Yeah!
太神奇了 用你的手♥机♥?
That's amazing. Use your phone?
就像中间有一只五彩的灯泡
It's like a five-color light bulb in the middle of it.
胶质物并没有颜色
-DIVA: That jelly actually has no color. WILL: What do you mean?
什么意思?
它看起来是彩色的 是因为我们的亮光照射到它
DIVA: It only looks colorful because we are shining a light on it.
什么…这是什么意思?
WILL: What do you. . . what's that mean?
这里不会有彩虹的颜色 因为我们带来了白色的光
That rainbow is never seen down here.
-Because we have brought that white light. Right. Right. Right.
对…
DIVA: And so, that is actually not a real thing.
所以 那其实不是真实的样子
-这里的动物不会看到这种景象 对 动物看到的不是这样
-Like, no animal down here sees that. WILL: Right. No animal sees it like that.
没错
Exactly.
虽然我可以看到彩虹色水母 这里的生物都看不到
WILL: Even though I can see this rainbow, the creatures down here can't.
我之所以能看到 是因为我们带了合适的光
And I can only see it because we brought the right sort of light.
这个方法可以 以各种令人惊讶的方式发挥作用
That approach can work in all sorts of surprising ways.
原来 你并不需要大费周章去寻找
WILL: And it turns out, you don't have to go that far
隐藏在黑暗中的颜色
to find hidden colors in the dark. . .
只要你有了合适的光
just as long as you have the right sort of light.
美国 威斯康星州
我听到声响了
I heard something.
它们就在这下面
They're right down here.
它们知道我们在这里
I think they know we're here.
-我们干脆把灯关了? 好吧
-Why don't we go dark? GEORGE: Okay.
乔纳森·马丁 森林生态学家
你能试试使用魔术光吗?
Can you try the magic light?
好的 那里有动静
Oh, oh. Yeah, there's movement right there.
没错
-That's it.
乔治·斯坦麦兹 探险家 摄影师
就好像迪斯科涂料
-It's like it's disco paint. It is. It's amazing, isn't it?
没错 很神奇 不是吗?
世界上只有少数几个人看过这一幕
GEORGE: Only a handful of people in the world have ever seen this.
太奇妙了 像这样的小招数 使用紫外光就可以揭示
JONATHAN: It's amazing, how a little trick like this with UV light
一个全新的世界 谁知道呢?
can just reveal a whole new world. Who knew?
是的
GEORGE: Yeah.
这就是关键 没人知道 这是一个全新的科学