我还是个孩子的时候 我的外婆经常说
WILL: When I was a kid, my grandmother used to say all the best things in life
生活中所有最美好的东西 都在恐惧的另一端
lived on the other side of fear.
真希望外婆说得没错
I sure hope Gigi was right.
蒂娃·阿蒙 探险家
海洋生物学家
威尔 欢迎登船
DIVA: Will, welcome aboard.
-蒂娃!你好吗? 我很好!
-Diva! How are you? How are you? I'm good!
你来得刚刚好
You're just in time.
-真是太棒了 是的 这就是“纳迪尔”号♥
-That is fantastic. Yeah, this is the Nadir.
它将成为搭载我们进入深海的船只
And she's gonna be our vessel into the depths.
-“纳迪尔”? 纳迪尔
-"The Nadir"? Nadir.
你觉得如何?
What do you think?
那简直就是直接从电影场景中出来的 那是科幻片
That's straight off a movie set. That's science fiction.
我们要乘坐这个东西到海底
We're going down to the bottom of the ocean in this thing.
老实说吧 我有点紧张
I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little nervous,
因为那个潜水器挺小的
'cause that submersible is just a. . . it's just a little. . . it's a little ass. . . it's a little ass thing,
里面要坐三个人
and there's gonna be three people in there.
这有点难办
This is tricky. . .
因为现实生活中 我害怕下水
because in the real world, I'm frightened of water.
下水 三分钟
小心头
Watch your head.
还有另一堵墙 小心头
-You have another wall. Watch your head. Absolutely.
好的
所以这是一件了不起的事
So, this is a biggie.
置身塑料泡泡里 下潜到914米的水下
Three thousand feet down in a plastic bubble.
上台阶
-MAN: Up the steps. Up the steps.
面向潜水器前方 坐在这里
Face the front of the sub, sit here.
-好的 你要坐中♥央♥控制台的位置
-Yeah. You're aimin' for the center console.
在灯的旁边 把脚伸进来
It's near the lamp. And pop your feet in.
就是这里 威尔 把身体移进来 好!
Right here, Will. Slide on in. Yeah!
-然后 我帮你先在这里站好 好
-And then I'll get you to stand on there. WILL: Yeah.
就这样 然后你坐在那个座位 好了
That's it. -And then you're gonna sit on that one. WILL: Ooh.
挤进来
-MAN: There you go. -MAN: Squeeze on in.
-哇 那是水瓶
-Wow. There's a water bottle.
水瓶
-The water bottle. And some more snacks.
再来些零食 我把零食送下去
这里…很舒适
-I'll put your snacks down. This is, uh, snug.
接下来是蒂娃
MAN: Diva's next.
我来了
I'm coming.
她像羚羊一样敏捷
-So, she's like a gazelle.
或者我应该说 像沙丁鱼一样挤进罐头里
WILL: Or should it be a sardine, just squeezing into the can.
-她很在行 以前做过
-She knows what's she's doing. DIVA: Done this a bit.
好吧 我要给你们很快地 做个安全简报
All right, I'm gonna give you a quick safety brief.
你们两人都有内置式呼吸装置
Both of you have a built-in breathing system.
如有需要 它只是 一个标准的潜水装置 我来…
If you need to, it's just a standard scuba rig.
-所以 我们就这样?好了 是的 如果我让你们使用它
-If I let. . . Yeah, if I tell you to. . . So, we go like that? Boom.
把它放进嘴里 然后正常呼吸
. . . just pop it in your mouth, then breathe normally.
好的
Okay. Mm-hmm.
如果我出现了什么状况 这下面有一个按钮
And if something happens to me, there's a button under here.
-好 好的
-Okay. All right?
-黄色的 黄色按钮 就在那里
-Yellow. Yellow button.
黄色按钮
-The yellow button. Right there.
-按下去 然后… 天啊
-Press the tool, and. . . Oh, Jesus.
我已经把它弄坏了 呼救 抱歉
I've broken it already. Mayday, sorry.
按下按钮 告诉他们 “出现不明状况”
Press the tool, and let them know,
好的
-"X-ray, X-ray, X-ray. " Okay.
好的 有问题吗?
MAN: Okay, any questions?
你驾驶这些潜水器 曾经撞上过什么东西吗?
Have you ever crashed one of these things into something?
-是的 经常有这种情况 是的 经常有 好的
-Oh, yeah. All the time. Oh, yeah. All the time. Yeah, great.
你真的紧张吗?
-Are you actually nervous? Huh?
什么?
-你真的紧张吗? 有一点 不过会好的
-DIVA: Are you actually nervous? Just a little bit. It'll be fine, though.
请回复 纳迪尔 我们已做好下水准备
MAN: Echo, Nadir, we are ready for the water.
准备下水
Ready for water.
希望稍后再见了
See y'all later. . . I hope.
有点忐忑
Little bit of tingle.
可以了
MAN: Here you go.
可以下水了
TOBY: Echo, bridge, you are clear to launch. Clear to launch.
收到 可以下水 注意 所有位置开始抬升
Roger, clear to launch. Break. All positions are lifting now.
抬升
And lift off. -Hey. Boom. Hey.
开始了
DIVA: Here we go.
National Geographic出品
我肯定很紧张了
WILL: I definitely just got nervous.
哇
Whoa.
如果你的脚湿了 请告诉我
MAN: If your feet get wet, please tell me.
那就太糟糕了!伙计
-That would be terrible! Man.
我们已经和船分离了
And we are detached.
感情上不是 从感情上来说 我还是很留恋那艘船的
Not emotionally. Emotionally, I'm still very attached.
《带您探索地球》
巴哈马群岛 北纬24. 9896度 西经77. 5343度
《坠入黑暗》
控制台 纳迪尔
TOBY: Control, control, Nadir. Vent secure, life support running. Over.
通气口安全 生命维持系统运行正常 完毕
纳迪尔 控制台 收到 深度正超过50米 继续下潜
Nadir, control. Roger. Surpassing five-zero meters. Descending.
我最早的记忆其实就是围绕着大海的
DIVA: Some of my earliest memories actually revolve around the ocean.
我们乘船外出 我会迫切地
We'd be out on the boat, and I would desperately,
迫不及待地想知道水下面是什么
absolutely desperately want to know what was down there.
但是我不确定威尔是不是这种感觉
But I'm not sure Will feels that way.
我们上方的光圈正在缩小
The circle of light above us is shrinking.
是的 没错
MAN: Yeah, absolutely.
1000米 也就是3300英尺
WILL: One thousand meters, 3, 300 feet.
那里很深 连光线都无法到达
A place so deep, not even light gets down there.
但在完全的黑暗中存在着什么?
But what exists in total darkness?
回到海面上 我们团队的其他成员
WILL: Back on the surface, other members of our team
也在问相同的问题
are asking the same question.
波多黎各 蚊子湾
有很多人害怕黑暗
MELISSA: There are a lot of people who are afraid of the dark.
我就是其中之一
And I'm one of them.
梅丽莎·马可兹 海洋生物学家
我曾经在黑暗中 被一条美洲鳄咬伤并拖拽
I got bitten and dragged by an American crocodile in the dark,
这让我有点谨慎
and it's kinda made me a little bit wary.
不过还没谨慎到让她停止在夜间
WILL: But not wary enough to stop her canoeing at night
划玻璃船底的独木舟
in a glass-bottom boat.
作为探险家 其中的一部分内容就是克服恐惧
MELISSA: Part of being an explorer is overcoming your fears,
你做到了这一点
and when you do that. . .
就能看到神奇的事物
that's when you get to see the magic.
有生命体出现
We have life.
这片水域充满了微小的生物
This water is full of tiny creatures.
受到惊扰时 它们会突然发出亮光
Disturb them, and they burst into sudden light.
如果把船从它们中间划过去 你就会制♥造♥出一场光暴
You row through them, and you create a light storm.
我们认为这是一种防御机制
We think it might be a defense.
就像打开安全灯 让入侵者无所遁形
Like turning on a security light to reveal intruders.
看 哇
Oh, look at that. Wow.
水里的任何活动都会引发亮光
Any movement in the water picks up a glow, even these fish.
甚至是这些鱼
来吧 小鲨鱼
Here, sharky, sharky.
是的 那是一条铰口鲨
Oh, yeah! That is a nurse shark.
太美了 看看它的摆尾频率
That's gorgeous. Look at his tailbeats.
这个世界可不黑暗
This world is far from dark.
它的满天繁星 在你的指尖和你的船桨下
Its constellations, its stars swirling underneath your fingers
旋转游弋
and underneath your paddles.
这是我见过的最美妙的景象了
It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
如果你坚守平淡而安全的日常生活
A magical world that you'd never experience
就无法体验这个奇妙的世界
if you stuck to the safety of the day.
所以随着我们继续下潜 我们没有了光线 随之也没有了色彩
WILL: So, we're losing light as we go down.
And with that, the colors.
没错 白光是由很多颜色组成的
DIVA: Exactly, so, white light is made of lots of colors.
它照射在水上的时候 不同的颜色
And as it hits the water, different colors
会先于其他颜色被吸收
get absorbed before others.
红橙黄绿青兰紫
ROYGBIV.
我外婆就是这么教我彩虹色的 红橙黄绿青兰紫
That's how my grandmother taught me the rainbow. ROYGBIV.
所以 你知道 红橙黄绿青兰紫
WILL: So, you know, red, orange, yellow,
green, blue, indigo, violet. Got it. So, red goes, orange goes,
明白了 所以红色先被吸收 然后是橙色
-接着是黄色… 对
-yellow goes. . . Exactly.
最后被吸收的是蓝色 所以海洋里的一切
So, it's like blue is the last to go, and that's why everything looks blue
看起来都是蓝色的 看看你的衬衫
in the ocean. Check your shirt out.
哇!
-Wow!
太不可思议了