超越恐惧
我过着如今这种生活的 很大一部分原因
WILL: A big part of why I live my life the way I do today. . .
是因为我小时候很恐惧
is because I was fearful as a child.
你最怕什么?
DWAYNE: What was your biggest fear?
我什么都怕
I was scared of everything.
我是街区里最小的孩子
Uh, I was one of the youngest kids in the neighborhood.
我一直都在受欺负
Uh, I got. . . I got bullied all the time, you know?
我觉得我们的环境中 有一定程度的严酷
I think there was a certain harshness to our environment.
-但我想要去挑战… 是的
-But I love the challenge. . . Yeah.
不得不征服自己的思想
. . . of having to conquer my mind.
没有多少人见过
This hasn't been seen
-是的 或是体验过
-or experienced by many people. Yeah.
难以到达
It's difficult to get to. It's difficult to survive in.
也难以幸存
我们将会在那外面行走
-We're gonna be walking around out there. Really?
真的吗?
-你能看到那些裂缝吧? 裂缝 是的
DWAYNE: You can see all the cracks along, yeah?
看起来人真的能掉下去
WILL: The cracks, yeah. It looks like you could actually go down.
看起来可能会出事情
It looks like things could go wrong.
这次完全没有我做过 或是我有信心做的事情
There's no part of this that's anything I've ever done or feel confident doing.
我不会撒谎
I won't lie.
在五次探险之后
Over five expeditions,
我跟随探险家们
I've followed explorers into situations that were straight-up scary.
进入非常可怕的情境
-哇 什么
-Whoa.
真是疯狂
WILL: That's crazy.
石头
Rock, rock, rock, rock.
去发现地球的奇迹是值得的
WILL: It was worth it to discover the Earth's wonders.
但我也不止一次陷入困境
But your boy was tripping more than once.
因为当我看见荒野
Because when I see wilderness,
除了自然 一无所有
you know, nothing but nature, I get nervous.
我就会紧张
因为我并不了解这里
Because I don't understand it.
威尔·史密斯
探险家 德韦恩·菲尔兹 极地探险家
那就是我接下来要去的地方
WILL: So, that's the next step for me.
把我自己扔进未知领域 尝试击败我自己的恐惧
Throw myself into the unknown, and try to beat my own fear.
这一次不再是发现世界
This time, it's not about discovering the world.
而是发现自我
It's about discovering myself.
好冷
It's cold.
这是我第一次登上冰川
That's my first glacier. That's my first glacier for sure.
肯定是我第一次登山冰川
北纬 6♥4♥. 1028 西经 16. 3513
冰岛某地
我也从来没有在这么厚的冰上行走过
WILL: Never walked on this much ice before.
-这是松的 是的
-This is loose. Yeah, yeah.
所以我正身处不毛之地
WILL: So, here I am in the middle of nowhere.
德韦恩告诉我说 我们得要寻路离开冰层
And Dwayne is telling me, we have to navigate off the ice
并找到海洋
and find the ocean.
没有电♥话♥ 也没有手♥机♥
Without maps, without phones,
却还身处整个星球上 最极端的区域之一
in one of the most extreme places on the entire planet.
你为什么选择这个方向?
So, why have you chosen this direction?
因为这里有一条小溪
DWAYNE: Because we've got a nice little stream there.
-嗯 所以冰会稍微融化
WILL: Uh-huh. DWAYNE: So, the ice is melting ever so slightly.
流进这些小渠道
Sort of draining into these little channels.
一路流向下游
And it's making its way downstream.
明白了 水会选择一条畅通路线 离开冰川 酷
Got it. The water is gonna take a clear route off the glacier. Cool.
德韦恩的职责是督促我
WILL: Dwayne's job is to push me, and my job is to let him.
而我的职责是被他督促
真是狂野
This is wild.
Ooh!
站住 站住别动
Hold it. Hold it there.
我感觉我们或许需要下去看看
I feel like we might just wanna go and have a look.
-好的 我是说 听我说 好的
-WILL: All right. I mean, listen. DWAYNE: Yeah.
-只要你下去了 是的
-Once you go down. . . Yeah. Yeah.
又成功上来了 我也很愿意去
. . . and you successfully make it back up, I'm more than happy to go.
如果我下去了 你就孤身一人了
-If I go down. . . . . . and you're left up here by yourself,
-你会完蛋的 所以你也得来 好吧 我可能会
-you're gonna be ruined. So, you come. . . Yeah. I probably. . . Yeah.
-好吧 你得跟着我
-You stay with me, you stay with me. Okay.
像这样的冰洞非常难以捉摸
DWAYNE: Ice holes like these are wildly unpredictable.
可能只有15米深 也可能超过300米
They can go down 50 feet or over 1, 000.
但只有下去了才能确定
But the only way to know for sure is to go in.
我们走吧
DWAYNE: Let's go.
感觉如何?
How's that feeling?
你很清楚这是什么感觉 太可怕了
-You know exactly how it's feeling. It's scary as hell.
小心点慢慢来
DWAYNE: Nice and slow.
很好
Good.
干得好
Good work.
-越往下就越吵 是的
-It gets so much louder as you get lower. WILL: Yeah.
你现在开始信任绳子了 我看得出来
DWAYNE: You're starting to trust the rope now, I can see it.
-我并没有多少选择 我只是…
-I really don't have much choice, do I? DWAYNE: I'll just be. . .
-这最好有用 是的
-It better work. DWAYNE: Yeah.
跟着我锁定 然后放松
Uh, lock off for me.
And just relax.
嘿 嘿
WILL: Hey, hey.
这非常安全
DWAYNE: It's perfectly safe.
-这话说得好有自信 这话说得好有自信
-He said confidently. He says confidently.
你听到破裂声了吗?
-Did you hear that crack? WILL: Yeah.
是的
这里持续在运动
DWAYNE: It's just constantly moving.
这就是那种情况 半数人都会认为
This is the kind of thing that half of people would say
这就是构成噩梦的情况 你进入了一个
nightmares are made of. You're climbing down into an environment
-持续变化和移♥动♥的环境 是的
-that's constantly changing and shifting. WILL: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
还有水在往里灌 你疯掉了吗?
And there's water filling in there. "Are you mad? "
-是的 这就是问题
-Yeah. DWAYNE: That's the question.
我们当中也有半数人这么认为
Ha. . . half of us think that.
-威尔 你愿意再往下一点吗? 你是在开玩笑吧
-DWAYNE: Will, you happy to go lower? WILL: You've gotta be kidding me.
现在往下看
-Whoa. DWAYNE: Now, look down.
很厉害吧?
Isn't that something?
-这个洞简直深不见底 直通泯灭
WILL: That hole just drops away -into infinity. DWAYNE: Oblivion.
我觉得我们的绳子不够让我们下到底
I don't think we've got enough rope to go all the way down there.
真是疯狂
WILL: That's crazy.
挂在无底洞上晃悠并不是我的爱好
Now, dangling over a bottomless pit isn't exactly my bag,
不过 虽然很恐怖 但也是一种释放
but. . . man, scary as it is, it's liberating.
你好!
Hello! My name is Will!
我叫威尔!
而威尔想知道
And Will wants to know,
该如何离开这片荒野
how the hell to get out of this wilderness.
他们说 秘诀就是寻找线索
Well, they say the secret is to look for clues.
你觉得最好朝哪边走?
想象一下在沙漠里做渔夫
WILL: Imagine what it takes. . . to be a fisherman. . .
是什么感觉
in a desert!
南纬 2. 50316 西经 42. 9837
巴西 伦索伊斯马拉年塞斯
你需要一点帮助 对吧?
You'd need a little help. . . right?
甲鲇
WILL: An armored catfish is, well, no ordinary fish.
并不是一般的鱼
它能够在陆地生存!
It can survive on land.
当它需要找水时…
Then, when it needs to find water. . .
砰!
bam!
这条鱼就出发了
It's a fish on a mission.
渔夫并没有这种寻找水的能力
The fishermen can't find water that way.
但他们可以跟着鱼走
But they can follow the fish.
真是漂亮!
MAN: That's beautiful!
原来 寻路时总是会有线索
WILL: Turns out, there are always clues to navigating. . .
哪怕是在最贫瘠的地形中
even in the most barren terrain.
但了解什么才是线索
WILL: But knowing what is a clue. . .
这就是棘手的部分了
that's the tricky part. Look at that.
瞧那边
那就是一只鸟 德韦恩
WILL: It's. . . it's a bird, Dwayne.
那些鸟就是离开冰川的线索
DWAYNE: These birds, they're a clue to getting off this glacier.
冰层上有细小的开口
There's slim pickings on the ice.
这里的鸟类需要找到水才能找到食物
Birds here have to find water to get food.
这会比我们目前见过的东西都要大
And it will be something bigger than we've seen so far.
这些水都来自于冰川吗?
WILL: All this water is coming from the glacier?
是的
DWAYNE: Yep.
好的方面在于 如果我们跟随这条河走得够远
And the good thing about this is. . .
我们最终会达到海边
if we follow it long enough, eventually, it's gonna take us to the sea.
到达海边意味着什么?
-WILL: Getting to the sea means what? DWAYNE: If it's a survival situation,
如果这是在求生
到达海边就意味着你更有可能找到人