-DIVA: Yeah. SIDEY: See if we can find some mantas.
探险家 迪瓦·阿蒙博士 海洋生物学家
赛迪·艾哈迈德 环保主义者
每年有好几次 当一切条件都满足时
DIVA: A few times a year, when everything aligns. . .
数以百计的蝠鲼会聚集在这个海湾里
hundreds of mantas gather in this bay.
成群结队地觅食
In massive feeding swarms.
这是我一直想看到的活动
It's an event I've always wanted to see.
所以 当我在水里时 会不会有点不知所措?
So, when I'm in the water, can it be a bit overwhelming?
是的 会的
Yeah, it will be.
如果蝠鲼太多 有时也会撞到你
If there's too many, sometimes they could hit you.
-疼吗? 是的 非常疼
-And does that hurt? Yeah, it hurts a lot.
好吧
-DIVA: Great.
至少保持两米的距离 你就会没事的
Always keep two meters away, then you'll be fine.
它们等待这个时刻已经很久了
DIVA: They've been waiting for this moment for so long.
从船上游泳离开 绝对是最有压力的时刻之一
DIVA: Swimming from the boat out is definitely one of the most stressful moments.
那种不知道你即将会面对什么的感觉
That feeling of not knowing what you're about to face.
感觉很危险
It feels dangerous.
因为在如此小的空间里 有这么多动物
'Cause there are just so many animals in such a small space.
那真的是
That's really when it can feel. . . the most scary.
感觉最可怕的时候
这些蝠鲼体重超过450公斤
These mantas are over 1, 000 pounds.
感觉就像是被卡车撞了
It feels like getting hit by a truck.
有好多种情绪
There are all these emotions.
有恐惧
There's fear.
然后又有对于这些宏伟动物的
And then there's wonder at the sheer power and beauty
纯粹力量与美丽的惊讶
of these magnificent animals.
我的天
Oh, my God. Whoo!
太神奇了
That was amazing.
似乎恐惧就是探险家 所做的很多事情的核心
WILL: It seems that fear is at the heart of so much of what an explorer does.
而我学到的是 你需要跟恐惧合作
What I'm learning is that you need to work with that fear,
而不是对抗恐惧
not against it.
我想我们就把它放在这里吧
DWAYNE: I think we'll just leave it there.
你之前攀过岩吗?
Have you climbed before?
在费城?
-In Philly. Yeah?
是的
费城的攀岩文化浓厚
Big climbing culture in Philly.
这里可能就是最佳地点了
All right. Probably the best spot here, actually. That's just got. . .
-你觉得这是最佳地点? 这是我们遇到过的最佳地点
-This looks like the best spot to you? DWAYNE: This is the best we've come to.
-哇 还是你先上吧 我们才…
-WILL: Whoa. I'm gonna let you go first. Well, we'll just head. . .
-我在下面帮你 来吧 噢 老天
-I'll help you from the bottom. Go. Oh, jeez.
好了 这里有多可以手抓的地方
All right, so, you got loads of handholds here,
还有很多踏脚的地方 我帮你先撑住
loads of places to put your foot. And I'll hold it.
-你先撑住 是的 继续 上去吧
-WILL: Oh, you're holding it there. DWAYNE: Yeah, yeah. Go on. Get up there.
很好
DWAYNE: Good.
那里有个平台
DWAYNE: There's a ledge.
-你看到了吗? 是的
-Can you see it? WILL: Yeah.
先等等 我上来了
DWAYNE: Uh, hold fire. I'm coming up.
是的 我之前不明白为啥要我先上
Yeah, I didn't understand the me going up first, but I get it.
但现在我知道了
-情况如何? 不太坏
How's it looking?
-是吗? 不太坏
-WILL: Not too bad. Yeah? Not too bad.
所以…
So. . . the key thing here is to know what's coming, if you can.
关键是要了解接下来会有什么情况 如果你能了解到的话
眼睛里的虫子绝对没帮助
The bugs in your eyes definitely don't help.
是的 没错
No. No, they don't.
河流的这一段被称为斯图拉吉尔峡谷
DWAYNE: This stretch of river is known as Stuðlagil Canyon.
是几年前才被发现的
It was only discovered a few years ago.
据我所知 还没有人划艇穿越过这里
And as far as I know, no one has kayaked through it.
所以接下来将会是全新的领域
So, what comes next is new territory.
你看着这条河 能看出什么?
What can you tell by looking at that river?
WILL: Um. . .
看起来左边的流速
it looks like it's going faster. . .
-是的 要快一些
-Yeah. . . . to the left.
-然后又扫回来 是的
-And then kinda sweeping back around. . . Yeah.
减速流到右边
. . . going slower up to the right.
既然流速要快一些 我觉得似乎是在加速
Since it's going faster, I guess, it seems like it's speeding up.
-没错 是的
-DWAYNE: Absolutely. WILL: Yeah.
虽然水流向了右边
Looking at the fact that it goes to the right,
但我觉得我们不要走右边
I don't think we wanna go to the right.
-可能会更浅 是的
-It could be shallower. WILL: Yeah.
-里面的石头可能更多 明白了
-DWAYNE: It could have more rocks in it. WILL: Oh, got it.
-我们更有可能被困住 是的
-We're more likely to get jammed. DWAYNE: Yes.
-但如果这边水流更快 是的
-But if the water's going faster. . . Yeah, yeah.
前面是否可能又有一个瀑布?
. . . isn't there a possibility that there's another waterfall?
有可能 这种可能性一直都有
There is. There is always that possibility.
所以我们要走右边吗?
WILL: Does that mean that we wanna go up to the right?
不 走左边
DWAYNE: No, to the left.
你还有另一条船吗?如果我不同意
Do you have another boat? Like, what if I disagreed
如果我想要走…
-and, like, if I wanted to go. . .
这种河流是可以预料的
A river like this is predictable.
但我觉得让他真正学会的唯一办法
But I suspect the only way he'll learn this for himself
就是让他来掌舵
is if he takes the helm.
我希望他做好了准备
I hope he'll be ready for that.
就要动真格了
WILL: Things are about to get real.
德韦恩让我在接下来 这段河道里负责导航
Dwayne is putting me in charge of navigating the next stretch of river.
我希望他买♥♥了保险
I hope he's got insurance.
准备好了?
-We're good to go? Let's go. DWAYNE: All right, let's go.
-我们出发 好的 我们出发
我们就这么一路漂下去 对吧?
WILL: And we're just running -all the way down, right? DWAYNE: Yeah.
-是的 就一路漂下去
WILL: We're just gonna go all the way down. Yeah.
是的
有一点害怕 是的
A little bit scary, yeah.
把你看到的都喊出来
DWAYNE: Just shout out what you're seeing.
-左侧那边 是的
-WILL: To the left right there. DWAYNE: Yeah.
有一个旋涡
That's a whirlpool.
加油
DWAYNE: Come on.
-好的 是的
-Okay. DWAYNE: Yes!
我们要尝试保持在中间
So, we're gonna stay. . . we're gonna try to stay in the center.
前面有V形水流
We got a little V happening up there.
是的 我想我们就从中间冲过去
Yeah. I guess, we're gonna take our nose right into that V.
好的 酷
DWAYNE: Okay, cool.
开始有点汹涌了
So, it's starting to get rough.
看起来那边在翻腾
It looks like there's, uh, churning coming from the right into the center.
从右侧一直到中间
好了 划几下桨 因为我们速度有点慢了
All right. Give me a little paddle, 'cause we're slowing down a little bit.
我们要赶上水流的速度
We wanna get up to the speed of the water.
大浪来了!
Big wave!
稍微有点不顺当
A little bit shaky there.
现在没事了 放松点 冷静
We're fine now. Just relax back there. Calm down.
-好的 冷静
-Okay. Calm down.
-好 好的
-Right. Right, right, right. Okay?
浪头又来了
More waves ahead.
我们用哪个方向迎浪?
DWAYNE: Uh, where do we want it to hit us?
我们可能得要朝那个方向… 我们的一点钟方向
We probably wanna be in it that way at the. . . at our one o'clock.
我们的一点钟方向
DWAYNE: To our one o'clock.
别划桨 吸收掉
WILL: Don't paddle. Absorb it.
我们不能从上面穿过去
We're not going over. We're not going over.
干得好 继续前进
Good work. Keep going. Keep going.
继续前进
干得好!
Good work!
-Whoo!
干得漂亮 哥们
WILL: You know, that was beautiful, man.
-我们来 我们见 征服
-We came, we saw. . . Conquered.
我们征服
. . . we conquered.
-我们有能力 是的
-DWAYNE: We've got skills. WILL: Yeah.
这是个遗愿清单时刻
This is a bucket list moment.
对于初次进入急流的人来说 你干得非常好 威尔
DWAYNE: That was bloody good job, Will. For someone's first time on white water.
我们没有落水就漂下来了
And we came down without going for a swim.
是的 这真是太棒了
WILL: Yeah, that was. . . that was fantastic.
让我来转个方向
Let me bring us around. Good.
很好
这个时刻值得干上一杯
This moment deserves a toast.
继续 继续向前
Keep it in, keep it in, keep it pushing. Push it in. Push it in.
再向前一点
-我在向前 继续
-DWAYNE: I'm getting it in. Keep going. Keep going.
好了 应该可以了
-WILL: Yeah. That'll do it. DWAYNE: Perfect.
完美
当我一开始来到这里时
When I first got out here, everything seemed unknowable.