带您探索地球
纳♥米♥比♥亚♥ 纳米布沙漠
这是你第一次在沙丘上开车吗?
This is your first time driving in the dunes?
我在沙丘上开过 但这样的沙丘还是第一次
I've been on dunes before. Nothing like this, ever.
-我们用的是低档 对吧? 希望是吧
-ALBERT: We're still in low, right? WILL: I hope.
好了 威尔 别太快
-WILL: Whoo! ALBERT: All right, Will, not too fast.
你基本上就是在说“小心一点”
"Pay attention, " is basically what you're saying.
我做的这些惯性滑行 最好能够避免
All of that freewheeling I was doing, better cut that stuff out.
我记得那上边更疯狂一些
Think it's up there that it gets crazier.
老天啊!
Whoa. Good heavens.
-你只能从经验中学习 我今天不想学太多了
-You only learn through experience. Don't want to learn too much today.
好了 这个很厉害
WILL: All right, this. . . this is a serious one.
这太夸张了
WILL: This is ridiculous.
小心
ALBERT: Look out, ooh!
-准备好了吗? 随时可以开始
-You ready? I'm ready when you are.
我的天
ALBERT: Oh, my God.
好陡的坡
WILL: Whoa, it's a steep one. Whoo!
没问题的
I got you, I got you.
这是一个关于速度的故事
This is a story about speed.
我的天 威尔
-ALBERT: Oh, my God, Will. Whoa!
不是我穿过沙丘的速度 而是另一种速度
Not how quick I'm shredding these dunes. A different sort of speed.
一个速度非常快 或是非常慢的隐藏世界
A hidden world where things go so fast or so slow. . .
我们甚至都察觉不到它们的发生
we don't even know they're happening.
威尔·史密斯
探险家 阿尔伯特·林 工程师
你正在玩禅宗探险家那套吧
You got your real, like, Zen explorer thing happening right now.
这里什么事情都没发生
There's, like, nothing happening here.
有事情发生的
-There's stuff happening here. Mm-hmm.
你得要耐心
You gotta be patient.
你会看到的
You'll see.
事情是这样的
So here's the deal.
我正带着威尔跨越世界最古老的沙漠
I'm taking Will across the oldest desert in the world.
在每次停车休息时 我都会使用尖端技术
And at each pit stop, I'm gonna use state-of-the-art technology
尝试向他揭示 他错过了这世界多少东西
to try to reveal how much of the world he's actually missing.
因为大自然通常会呼啸得太快 或是爬得太慢
'Cause often, nature just whizzes by too fast or creeps along too slowly
让我们察觉不到
for us to even notice.
生命的速度`
这都听起来很牵强
WILL: It all sounds pretty far-fetched.
但显然 隐藏着的速度世界到处都是
But apparently, this hidden world of speed is everywhere.
哪怕是在水下24米处
Even 80 feet underwater.
北纬50. 2916° 西经4. 04167°
英吉利海峡
探险家 迪瓦·阿蒙博士 海洋生物学家
通讯测试 一 二 三
DIVA: Comm check, one, two, three.
这里有好多海葵
There are a lot of anemones.
第一眼看上去 好像只是数百只小小的海葵
At first glance, it looks like just hundreds of tiny anemones,
附着在石头上
anchored to the rocks.
但只要你耐心地拍摄它们
But film them patiently. . .
然后加速播放
. . . then speed it up. . .
这个微缩世界就能活过来
. . . and this miniature world comes to life.
因为海葵实际上是动物
Because anemones are actually animals.
它们也会做动物会做的所有事情
And they do everything you'd expect animals to do.
进食
They feed.
争斗
They fight.
它们繁殖的方式是将自己一分为二
They breed by splitting themselves in two.
而更令人吃惊的是…
And even more surprising than that. . .
它们还会移♥动♥
they move. . .
以一种奇怪的奔跑方式移♥动♥
using a weird sort of gallop.
似乎在《布偶奇遇记》里 海葵必须要移♥动♥才能生存
WILL: Seems like down in Fraggle Rock, anemones have to travel to survive.
虽然这些家伙看起来比停着的车还慢
Just because those dudes look slower than a parked car,
这并不意味着它们没在移♥动♥
doesn't mean they ain't moving.
而一些快如闪电的生物也是如此
Same goes for creatures that move fast as lightning.
那就是我和阿尔伯特 接下来要找的东西
That's what Albert and I are after next.
但要捕捉到它们
But to capture them,
你最好有一位反应敏捷的摄影师
you better have a cameraman who's quick on the draw.
在它攻击的瞬间 你必须一触即发
The second it hits, you have to be, like, on a hair trigger.
一触即发
-WILL: Hair trigger. And you have to get it
你必须在你看到的同时按下快门 几乎就像是你预测到了
exactly at the moment that you see it, almost predict it.
几乎预测到了… 我得要 扑身而入?
Almost predict. . . I have to, like, lean into it?
所以就像是原力 我得用原力来按这个
So it's like the Force, I have to use the Force to push this
这会录制到最后两秒钟
and it's gonna record the last two seconds.
就像在录制过去 这台摄影机会录制过去
It's like recording the past. The camera records the past.
-机构一直在转动? 一直在转动
-It's rolling all the time. It's rolling all the time,
等我按下快门 摄影机就会录制最后两秒
and then when I hit, it'll record the last two seconds?
是的 因为转动得非常快
Yeah. Just because it's rolling so fast. . .
好的 我只是想弄明白
All right. I'm just trying to understand,
因为我不想弄坏你的东西
'cause I don't want to mess up the thing you got.
我们使用超级强大的高速摄影机
We're using an incredibly powerful slow motion camera
尝试捕捉到生物界 最快速的肌肉运动之一
to try and capture one of the fastest muscle movements in biology.
能够成功就要看威尔的反应了
But success is gonna be dependent on Will's reflexes.
-准备好了? 是的
-You ready? Yeah.
你能行吗?别搞砸了 威尔
You got it? Don't screw this up, Will.
Ooh.
阿尔伯特 别动
Albert, be still.
-我得要调整摄影机 你为什么要动?
I gotta adjust the camera. Why are you moving?
-因为它在动 你别动就行
-'Cause he's moving. He's moving. But just be still.
它看到了
He sees it. He sees it.
要来了 好的 准备好
There we go. Okay. Ready.
记住 要在正确的时刻按下
Remember, get it exactly at the right moment.
Wow!
Whoa!
该死 这虫子够脆的
Damn, that's a crunchy bug.
-你的缓慢反应如何啊? 我的反应很快
-How are your slow reactions? My reactions are great.
我们来看看
-Let's see. My reactions are so good,
我的反应太快 可能只录到了变色龙攻击之前
I might be before the chameleon.
我得把延时开到最大
I had to put it on the maximum delay.
老天
Oh, man.
哇
ALBERT: Wow.
我完全不知道我有没有拍到
I have no idea whether I got it or not.
但我绝对不会告诉阿尔伯特
But there is no way I'm telling Albert that.
好了
Okay.
我很确定我拍到了
WILL: No, I'm pretty sure I did.
他很有信心
He's confident.
这台摄影机能把速度减慢40倍
So we slowed. . .
everything down by 40 times with this camera.
我们来看看在这里捕食 需要多快的速度
Let's see how quick you needed to be to get food around here.
Oh. . .
Oh!
你撞大运了
Oh, you got lucky!
好了 我们放大来看看
Right, let's zoom in.
我注意到这加速是如何积累的
WILL: I'm just noticing how that acceleration builds. . .
然后就嗖的一声 在真实速度下你是完全看不到的
and then, whoosh! Like, you just don't see any of that in real time.
那舌头的零百加速时间只有几十毫秒
ALBERT: That tongue goes from zero to 60 in just a few hundredths of a second.
几乎比任何超跑都要快一百倍
That's nearly a hundred times faster than any supercar.
所以我们只能看到一片模糊
Which is why we just see a blur.
这片模糊发生的速度 已经超出了我们的大脑能够看见
That blur is happening at a speed faster than our brains can actually see
-并且处理数据的速度 是的
-and process the data. Yeah. Yeah.
你越大 生命的速度似乎也越快
The bigger you are, the faster life seems to be.
越小 似乎就越慢
The smaller, the slower.
那只蜥蜴舌头的动作 是整个动物王国中
That lizard's tongue is one of the fastest movements
速度最快的动作之一
in the entire animal kingdom.
但有些生物已经能够
But there are some creatures that have figured out a way
利用远超它们身体能力的速度
to use speeds way beyond what their bodies are capable of.
北纬 70. 0311° 东经 20. 9714°
挪威
探险家 德韦恩·菲尔兹 极地探险家
每年秋天 数十亿的鲱鱼便会迁徙进入这些峡湾
DWAYNE: Each fall, billions of herring migrate into these fjords.
而紧随它们之后的 便是一种可怕的捕食者
And they're followed by a fearsome predator.
Whoa!
太惊人了
It's amazing!
但问题是 虎鲸有6米长 速度缓慢
Problem is, orca are 20-foot-long and slow.
鲱鱼只有30厘米长 动作迅速
Herring are one foot long and fast.
所以这些大鲸鱼想出了 一个巧妙的解决办法
DWAYNE: So, the big whales have come up with an ingenious solution.
一种快到无法看见的办法
DWAYNE: Something far too fast to see.
但我或许能够听见
DWAYNE: But I just might be able to hear.
DWAYNE: That was it!
就是这个!
Whoa!
这是虎鲸通过拍击尾巴 制♥造♥出冲击波的声音
That's the sound of an orca
creating a shock wave by slapping its tail.
这种冲击能够以超过1600公里的时速 在水中传播
DWAYNE: That pulse can travel through the water