getting to the sea means you're more likely to find people.
明白了
-Got it. It means there's food.
-也就意味着有食物 现在要做什么?
我正在寻找一个地方
WILL: What now? DWAYNE: So, what I'm doing, I'm just looking for somewhere
可以到达水边 并且放下皮艇
to get onto the water and get the kayak in.
我们在找可以放下皮艇的地方
We're looking for a spot to put the kayak in.
-是的 这里显然不行
-Yeah. And this is clearly not it.
那里太危险 不太适合
That's dangerous. That's. . . that's not too good.
但在那下面
But down there, it's probably gonna calm down quite a lot.
应该会平静很多
我知道在这样的河里划艇看着很吓人
I know kayaking a river like this looks scary.
但这是重要的一步
But it's an important step.
因为拥有穿越危险 和不熟悉区域的信心
Because having the confidence to navigate the dangerous and unfamiliar
是成为一名探险家的核心
is at the heart of what it is to be an explorer.
首先我们需要为船 找到一个平缓的出发点
DWAYNE: First, we need to find a gentle launch point for the boat.
“平缓”到我需要穿上防水衣
So "gentle" that I have to put on a waterproof suit.
很好 继续
DWAYNE: Nice, nice. Keep on coming, keep on coming.
好的
WILL: Yeah, man.
我要把皮筏拿出来
So, I'm gonna get the raft out.
在你之前说起的时候
When you talked about it earlier,
我脑子里想象的是不同的东西
I kind of saw something different in my mind.
你想象的是什么?
DWAYNE: What did you see?
一艘皮艇
WILL: Well. . . a kayak.
-是吗? 是的
-Yeah. Yeah.
而这就像是个橡胶… 浮子
This is like a rubber. . . uh, floaty.
是的
Yeah.
好了 所以我们现在要做的是
DWAYNE: All right. So, what we're gonna do now,
-我们要把它放下去 好的
-we're gonna lower it down. Yup.
-我们指的是… 你指的是我?
-DWAYNE: And by we. . . You mean me?
-得由你来放下去 好的
-You're gonna lower it down. Yeah. Yeah.
-准备好了? 是的
-DWAYNE: Get ready. Yeah.
-好了 拉住了 拉住了
DWAYNE: All right, take the weight.
继续
-Got it. Go on. Go on.
完美 现在先稳住
That's good. Perfect. We'll hold it there for now.
-你没问题吧? 是的
-WILL: You good? Yeah.
-现在轮到你下来 好的
-You're gonna go down next. WILL: Yeah.
-小心地下到地面 小心地下到地面
-DWAYNE: Nice and low to the ground. WILL: Nice and low to the ground.
来吧 威尔
Come on, Will.
我应该重申一次
WILL: I should mention again
我不是世界上最厉害的游泳健将
that I am not the world's strongest swimmer.
我也不想掉进那水里
I do not wanna go under that water.
你已经能感觉到这有多冷了 这水是直接从冰川里流出来的
DWAYNE: You can already feel how cold it is.
This water's straight off the glacier.
-你之前划过皮艇吗? 没有
-Have you kayaked before? WILL: No.
-没有? 没有 这是第一次
-DWAYNE: No? Never? WILL: No, this will be the first time.
-从没有过? 从没有过
Never.
我想让你保持左划
DWAYNE: What I'm gonna get you to do -is stay left. Stay left.
-保持左划 因为在你变换划桨方向时
Because as you go to change, it's gonna change your center of balance.
-你的重心也会改变 明白了
Got it.
旋转的棕色水意味着 我们即将进入一股强劲的水流
DWAYNE: That swirling brown water means we're about to enter a strong current.
水流将沉淀物都搅起来了
It's stirred up all the sediment.
我们要加把油
And we're gonna go for it.
-划桨 划桨
-Paddle, paddle. Paddle, paddle, paddle.
很好 继续划桨
Good. And keep paddling.
继续划桨
-Keep paddling, keep paddling.
很好 让水流带着我们走
Good. You did it. Let the flow take us.
很好
DWAYNE: Good.
-哇 是个旋涡 没错
-WILL: Oh, wow. That's a whirlpool. DWAYNE: Exactly.
旋涡还小 这就告诉我们 在水面之下不远有石头
When it's that little, it tells us there's a rock near the surface.
划几下桨
Give me a paddle.
看到V形水流了吗?
See that V?
这就意味着水流 正在从两块石头之间穿过
It means the water's funneling through two rocks.
我们要尝试直穿过去
We're gonna try and go straight through it.
保持平衡 很好
Keep your balance. Good.
小心点 慢慢来
And nice and slow. Nice and slow.
-什么情况? 我们进入了翻腾区
-WILL: Oh! What's going on? DWAYNE: We're in a boil.
你可以看到水面有很多气泡
You can see it from the surface where it's bubbling up.
我们不能从上面穿过去
We're not going over. We are not going over.
穿过第二个
Up and over, a second one.
在浪头上不要划桨 因为你会被卷进去
Don't paddle when we've got a wave, 'cause it'll take you in.
很好
Good.
划桨 我们要撞上石头了
Paddle, paddle. We're going into the rock.
-噢 老天 没事了 停下
-Oh, jeez. DWAYNE: We're good. We're good. Stop there.
-刚才真是有点险 是的 有一点
Well, that one was a little hairy.
刚才真是有点险
-Yeah, yeah, it was, it was. That one was a little hairy.
有点不顺当 但我们还是成功了
DWAYNE: A little bit shaky there, but we've done it.
这水已经冻透了我的手套
That water is freezing through my glove.
如果你的手非常冷 你就站起来这么做
DWAYNE: When your hands get really cold, you stand there and you do this
尝试让血液回到你的手上
to try and get the blood back into your hands.
哇
Wow.
这绝对有用
It definitely works.
-的确感觉到有血液奔涌进手指 是的
-You do feel a surge into your fingertips. DWAYNE: Yeah, yeah.
这是个好窍门
This is a good tip.
这是我在北极时学到的
That trick I've learned when I was in the Arctic.
-你还去过北极 是的
So, when you were in the Arctic? Yes.
好吧 我从来没有听到黑人这么说过 你会…
All right, I just never heard a Black person say that. You're gonna. . .
这是真的
It's true.
我徒步去过北极 我穿越过沙漠
I've trekked to the North Pole. I've crossed deserts.
我甚至划艇穿越过海洋
I've even kayaked across seas.
但不管去哪里 你都能学到新东西
But everywhere you go, you learn something new.
你的成就对我来说非常重要
WILL: Your accomplishments are so important to me.
谢谢 威尔 这意义重大
DWAYNE: Thanks, Will. That means a lot.
因为 我很仰慕探险家
WILL: 'Cause, you know, I admire explorers.
我也想加入探险家俱乐部
I wanna be in the explorer’s club.
我不需要假装这些虫子在我面前
I don't have to pretend like these bugs
-我不用假装? 你装得并不像
-are in my face out here. -I don't have to pretend? You're not pretending very well.
因为我想装成动作英雄
'Cause I'm trying to give you the action hero.
-我知道 我想装成…
-DWAYNE: I know. I'm trying to give you. . .
你有看到我吐了一只出来吗?
DWAYNE: Uh, didn't you see me spit one out
-就在一分钟前? 我知道 是的 我就像…
-a minute ago? I know, yeah. I'm going. . .
-没有什么 是的
-There's nothing. . . DWAYNE: Yeah.
能比这样做让我更享受
. . . I enjoy more than doing this.
来到户外是有意义的 对吧?
There's something about having the sky above you, isn't it?
这就像是度过光阴的完美方式
This is like the perfect way to spend my life.
-一切都是全新的 是的
-Everything is new. Yeah.
一路上都有一点点恐惧感
And there's a little bit of fear all the way through.
-这很好 这一路上
-That's good. That's good. There's a little bit of fear for me
-我都有一点点恐惧 你克服了恐惧
-all the way through. You. . . you get past the fear.
是的 有奔涌的河水 是的 有悬崖
Yes, there's rushing water. Yes, there's cliff.
是的 你处在一个 必须要使用自己技能的地方
Yes, you're in a place that you, you know, you have to use some of your skills.
我在用你的技能
-I'm using some of your skills. Yeah.
是的 用一些我的技能来寻路
-Using some of my skills to navigate.
你也将学会这些技能 等下次你来到这里
And you'll pick them up, and then you'll feel
你就会感觉更有信心
more confident next time you come out here.
-是的 是的
-WILL: Yeah. Yeah. Mm-hmm.
-所以你是从什么时候起…… 是的
-So, when did you know. . . Yeah.
想成为一名全职探险家的?
. . . like full-on, you wanted to be an explorer?
那是我生命中的一次大事件 威尔
It took a big incident in my life, Will. I. . . I nearly lost my life,
在一次枪击事件中
-我差点丢掉了性命 哇
-um, to gun violence. And. . . WILL: Whoa.
是的 那个家伙 他想要杀掉我
. . . yeah, the guy, his aim was to kill me. He pointed the gun, he pulled the trigger.
他拿枪指着我 扣下了扳机
然后他又重新上膛 再次扣下了扳机
He cocked it back, he pulled the trigger again.
难以置信的是 枪两次都卡住了
Incredibly, the gun jammed both times.
我在事件中幸存了下来 但这也让我思考
I survived that incident.
我在那一刻下定决心 我要让我的生命
But it got me thinking. I decided at that moment that I wanted my life
变得更有意义
to be more meaningful.
而这就引导着我走上了探险的道路
And that led me down a path of exploration.
对于德韦恩这样的探险记来说
WILL: For explorers like Dwayne, fear can be the spark that spurs them on.
恐惧能够成为激励他们前进的火花
北纬 5. 17470 东经 73. 1437
马尔代夫 芭环礁
或者 只是他们需要克服的障碍
WILL: Or simply a hurdle they need to get over.
我们要去海湾
SIDEY: We're gonna go to the bay.
-是的 看看能不能找到一些蝠鲼