剧集 | 恶(2013) | 导航列表
whatever was gonna work ain't working anymore,"
这就是我定下的底线
and this is where I draw the line.
如果你有那能力(死亡权利) 这就是力量
And if you have that ability, it's power.
这是
And it's...
这是一种安宁
It's a calmness
是一种安全感就像 脱离了任何东西
and a security like--like nothing else.
这种安全感
That's a sense of security
是多数濒临死亡的美国人
that most dying Americansaren't
无法从他们所在的州得到的
granted by their respective states.
所以我拜访了一位帮助那些人
So I went to meet a man who's been helping many of them
争取到自主♥权♥的人
take matters into their own hands.
我们进入俄勒冈州的森林中
We're way out in the woods in Oregon.
我来这是拜访德里克 亨弗里
I'm here to meet Derek Humphry,
最终出路 一书的作者
who is the author of "Final Exit."
他每天都会接到想要自杀的人的来电
He gets calls every day from people who want to kill themselves.
我了解过你的职业生涯 你一开始是当记者的
I was reading about your career. You started off as a journalist.
没错 我做记者有35年了
Yeah, I was a journalist for 35 years.
那你都写些什么呢
What were you writing about?
我主要写的是关于种族关系
Mainly I wrote about race relations,
移♥民♥ 警♥察♥腐♥败♥
immigration,police corruption,
等等之类的东西
things like that.
我做新闻工作一直比较有倾向性
I was always an advocacy journalist.
所以 当我发现了这个主题
So, when this subject came upon me,
我就越来越深入的去发掘
I got more and more involved in it.
汉弗莱是毒芹协会的发起人
Humphry started the Hemlock Society,
这为死亡权利运动在俄勒冈州
which laid the ground work for
的成功 奠定了基础
Oregon's successful Right to Die campaign,
他写了两本关于这个主题的畅销书
and he's written two best selling bookson the subject.
这本书也写了我自己的经历
This was the one that got me into it.
它包含了我妻子去世的过程
This is the account of my wife's death.
她因乳腺癌而饱受折磨
She was dying of breast cancer,
有一天 那个时候她已经奄奄一息
and one day,when she was very, very ill,
她跟我说 帮我解脱吧
she said to me,"Help me to die."
我沉思了一会儿 然后说
And I thought for a moment,and then I said,
好 我帮你
All right, I will.
汉弗莱找到了愿意帮助他的医生
Humphry founda sympathetic doctor
拿到了的安乐死的药
and procured the life-ending drugs
现在也是俄勒冈州安乐死的指定用药
that are now the standard method used in Oregon.
他继续完成写作
He went on to write the ultimate how-to guide
为那些想要加速死亡的绝症患者提供指导
for the terminally ill who want to hasten their death,
最终出路
Final Exit.
在某种程度上 这是一本充满关爱的书
This book is a book full of love, in a way.
出版发行都25年了 仍然畅销
It's 25 years old,still sells every day.
但它也不仅仅只是一本关于爱的书
But it's not just a book of love.
它详细说明了
It gives in-depth
不同的自杀方式
instructions on different ways you can kill yourself.
有一种很流行的工具自杀方法
One popular method uses items
你可以在你们当地的便利店中找到
you can find in your local party store.
这个是氦气 或者你可以用氮气
This is helium,or you can use nitrogen.
这是冷却效应的一种
It's kind of a cooling effect.
如果你把袋子套下来
If you pulled that down
然后收紧袋口
and tightened it,
你会在五分钟内就见上帝
you would be dead with in five minutes.
这没什么美感可言 就是个塑料袋而已
It's not aesthetic,you know, a plastic bag,
但如果你没有其他方式去 呃 去自杀
but if you can't get any other way to, um...to die,
而你又非常迫切想要解脱的话
and you wish to die desperately,
那这方法就很好
then this is as good as any.
而且有很多人已经用这种方法了结了自己
And thousands of people have used it.
你把这个看作你的使命吗
Do you see this as your calling?
这个吗 不 等到每个人都能有合法的途径
This? No. I would scrap this and I would scrap my book
去在医生的帮助下结束生命的时候
when everybody has lawful access
我就会销毁这个还有我的书
to a doctor-assisted death.
亚利桑那州是
In Arizona,one of the 45 states
45个协助自杀不合法的州之一
where assisted suicideis illegal,
我们在这见到了霍华德 格里克
we met Howard Glick.
他患有一种罕见的被称为是
He suffers from a rare brain
额颞叶痴呆症的脑疾
disorder called frontotemporal degeneration,
或者简称FTD
or FTD.
当他脑部的情况恶化到一定程度的时候
As his brain deteriorates,
霍华德会迅速地丧失记忆和感知能力
Howard is rapidly losing his memory and cognitive abilities
最终需要有人长♥期♥照料
and will eventually require constant care.
当他们确诊的时候 你对这个病有没有什么了解
When they diagnosed you,what did you find out about the disease?
确诊的时候 我以为会有治疗方法
So they diagnosed me,and I thought there was a cure,
当他们第一次提及这个的时候 我很开心
when they first mentioned it,I was happy.
我高兴的原因是我得病之前就曾想过自杀
And I was also happy because I'd just attempted suicide.
我的意思是 我每天都过得非常糟
I mean, every--My life was in such chaos,
我失去了一切
and I'd lost everything,
而现在我可以 像是 重塑自己
and now I could,like, rebuild.
但是后来我发现 这是治不好的
But then I found out,there's no cure.
无药可医 什么都治不好我 什么都治不好
No medicine, nothing.Nothing.
无法医治 无计可施 无法阻止
Incurable,untreatable, unstoppable.
只能等待死亡
death.
我想做什么呢
What do I want to do?
在轮椅上浑浑然地浪费时间
Waste a way in a wheelchair,
甚至认不出我的孩子吗
not even recognizing my children?
我不在意要付出的代价
Never mind the cost involved.
我只是不想我的孩子去遭受那些痛苦
I don't want my children to suffer.
我接触到 最终出路 这本书
I contacted Final Exit,
你知道的 我的互助小组中也有很多像我这样的人
and you know,a lot of people from my support group,
我从他们当中了解到的
I found out from them.
他们说能够做到快速又几乎无痛苦的是氦气
And they say quick and painless is helium,
你只要吸入一点氦气
and you breathe it in a
就能够真正获得解脱
few times with a turkey roaster and you're dead.
霍华德并不是孑然一人
And Howard is not alone.
他所在的互助小组里都是和他患有同样疾病的人
His support group is filled with people who have the same disease,
他们中的很多人都在寻找解脱方法
and many of them are seeking the same end.
我已经厌倦了与一种我明知
I'm tired of fighting a disease
不能战胜的疾病做抗争了
that I know I'm not gonna beat.
我想要满怀自尊落落大方地死去
And I want to have dignity when I die.
当人们生活不再美满的时候
People will say
就会找个宠物作为慰藉
with a pet who is no longer living a full life,
把这些施加给小动物是很残忍♥的
it's cruel to let that animal suffer.
我难道不比一个小动物更重要吗
Aren't I more important than an animal?
如果我不想再去遭受那些痛苦
If I don't want to suffer anymore,
为什么我还得继续忍♥受呢
why do I have to?
但这仅仅是一个针对某种疾病的互助团体
But this is just one support group, one disease.
遍布全国的很多病人都在
There are thousands of patients across the country
为这个运动贡献自己的一份力量
giving more power to the movement.
在这个人口最密集的州
And this grass roots energy transformed into action
这些根源力量最终将转化成实际行动
in the most populous state in the country.
下午好 欢迎大家
Good afternoon,and welcome everyone.
我们今天在这里宣布SB128法案
We are here today to announce the introduction of our bill
选择结束生命法案
SB 128, The End of Life option Act.
我是一个绝症患者
I am a terminally ill cancer patient.
我极力支持SB128法案 我也希望你们能够支持
I fully support SB 128,and I beg you to.
去帮助结束一个人的生命
Assisting in the taking of a human life
就是去违反医德所维护的一切
is against everything physicians stand for
同时也玷污了作为人类的意义与荣耀
and defiles the reputation and meaning of being a physician.
我要代表我那身患绝症的阿姨
On behalf of my aunt who was competent and terminally ill
她选择用枪来结束自己无止境的痛苦
and chose to shoot herself to end her suffering,
我支持这个法案
I support this bill.
我只想提醒你 你并不是上帝
Just to remind you,you're not gods.
上帝注视着一切 他会给出一个判决
God is watching and God will judge you.
这个法案在加利福尼亚州的支持率将近百分之七十
The bill had the support of nearly 70% of Californians,
但颇有权势的天主教会劝说立法人员
but the powerful Catholic Church helped to persuade lawmakers
反对安乐死合法化
to stall it in the legislature.
这个反对计划是由内德 多勒杰斯领导的
That opposition was led by Ned Dolejsi,
他是这个州的教会掌权者
the church's top strategist in the state.
为什么天主教的领导阶层如此抵♥制♥这个法案呢
Why is Catholic leadership so opposed to the bill?
从我们的宗教观点来看
From our faith perspective,
上帝终归是上帝 而我们无法成为他
剧集 | 恶(2013) | 导航列表