剧集 | 逆转奇兵(2014) | 导航列表
" He comes, he comes, with conquest crowned.
" 他来了 他来了 带着有荣誉加冕的皇冠
Hail Columbia's warlike son.
歌♥颂哥伦比亚勇猛好战的儿子
Hail the glorious Washington."
歌♥颂荣誉加身的华盛顿 "
Philadelphia and Congress welcome you, General.
费城国会欢迎您 将军
That verse was from an opera by Mr. Hopkinson
这首韵律诗是霍普金森先生写的
to be performed in your honor.
将会在为您准备的歌♥剧中表演
And I'll be honored to attend, Mr. Hanson,
能够参加是我的荣幸 汉森先生
but we must not drop our guard.
但我们还不能放下防备
This war is not over
战争还没有结束
while the enemy holds New York
敌军占领了纽约
and our southern cities.
以及南方的城市
Selah.
赛尔拉
I heard Cornwallis pled illness
我听说康沃利斯宁愿声称自己抱病
rather than personally surrender his sword.
也不愿缴械投降
Well, 8,000 men captured,
八千士兵被捕
officers sent home in disgrace.
军官们被体面地送回
I think I would've hid under my sickbed if I were him.
如果我是他的话 我可能会躲在病床下不敢见人
She's here.
她在这里
Come on, I'll take you to her.
来吧 我带你去见她
Sorry I borrowed this.
抱歉 我借了这个
I wasn't sure when you'd be back.
因为不太清楚你什么时候会回来
S-Selah.
赛尔拉
I've been thinking about our marriage.
我一直在思考我们的婚姻关系
I wonder if you'd do me the favor
你介不介意帮我一个忙
of reading something of mine.
读一下这个
" To my distinguished fellow representatives..."
" 致尊敬的各位代表... "
A bill I'm trying to craft
这是我写的讲话稿
ensuring pay for our veterans
保障退伍军人的报酬
and soliciting the funds
以及向所有涉及的国家
from all the states to pay for it.
请求资金援助
Well, uh, I can see some room for improvement
我认为还有
right off.
可改进的地方
Your opening paragraph should more clearly
你开场这一段应该更加开门见山地
state your intentions
说明你的意图
rather than beating about the bush
而不应该用华丽的辞藻在
with flowery language.
拐弯抹角
If I told you how long it took me
我应该告诉你 我用了多长时间才
to craft that flowery language...
写出这些华丽的辞藻...
Do you mind if I make some changes?
你介意我修改一下吗
Please do.
请吧
See, if you cut this sentence
看 如果你去掉这个句子
and then go straight to the summary,
直接总结
and then begin listing objectives and means of funding,
然后开始说出你的目标以及筹钱方式
it will make the intention clear.
你的目的就会显而易见
You don't think the reader requires more convincing?
你不觉得应该写得更加有说服力一点吗
Maybe, but let the merits of your bill speak first.
也许吧 但讲话稿的优点应该要优先突出
That way, we can get right into the meat of the article.
这样子的话 我们可以直接进入到文章的要点部分
Exactly!
没错
And I'd favor
而且我喜欢
the clearest and simplest prose...
最直白简单的论述...
"And the Lord said
"上帝对摩西
unto Moses,
说
'Get... get... get thee up
'上... 上... 上来
into this Mount...
这座...
Mount... Mount Uh..." "Uhbarim."
这座... 这座尼... " "尼波山"
Then why not write it like you're supposed to say it?
为什么书写方式和说话方式完全不一样
There's a lot of words like that.
有很多词都是这样的
Should've figured this shit out better
本来应该在开始之前
before they started.
就该再想想清楚的
Wanna quit?
想放弃吗
"...and... and see the land
"... 来... 来看看这片
I have given to the children of Israel."
我赐予以色列孩子的土地"
Huh? Not bad, eh?
不错 对吗
So, "Get..."
接下来 "拿..."
She used to read this to me.
她以前常常念给我听
I never understood why
我一直不明白为什么
God let Moses see the Promised Land
上帝要让摩西看到应许之地
but never let him go there.
但又不让他到那里去
It won't be like that for us.
我们不会像他们那样的
I already scouted that promised land up in Canada.
我已经在加拿大找到那个应许之地了
We're gonna have a farm that'll put old man Strong's to shame.
我们会拥有一个让老斯特朗自惭形愧的大农场
Sure.
好
Now all you have to do is dig up that big old bag of gold.
现在你要做的 就是把那一大袋金子挖上来
The gold's real.
那袋金子是真的
Hell of a lot more real than tall tales
比起你监视华盛顿将军的故事
of you spying for General Washington.
要真实多了
Hey, I'll be reading a lot better than you, boy.
我会读得比你好很多 小子
I'll bet gold on that.
我用金子来赌
Oh, really? Really.
真的吗 真的
How much?
赌多少
No. A hundred pounds.
不 一百英镑
A hundred? I got £200. True.
一百 我有两百英镑 真的
So, this Abigail was 355?
所以这个阿比盖尔是三五五号♥
I was on my way to New York to ask you to send the signal
你父亲告诉我你在那里时 我正赶往纽约的路上
when your father told me you were here.
叫你发送那个信♥号♥♥
Haven't you heard?
你没有听说吗
You don't have to get word to the army.
你不必向军队传话
The army is coming to New York.
军队已经在来纽约的路上了
Evacuation day has been set.
撤退的日期已经确定了
I guess I'll meet them myself, then.
我会亲自去见他们
I intend to see Washington.
我要见华盛顿
Get paid back for what we're owed.
拿回我们应得的
List your expenses.
列出你的花费
I'll fight for you, too.
我也会为你争取补偿
After all, it was my...
毕竟 是我...
my deception that got you into all this.
是我把你骗进这一切的
The only thing I regret is having to be prodded
我唯一的悔恨是被鼓动进
into doing something that my conscience
应该由我的良知
should have dictated.
来判断的事
Yes, but...
是 但是...
we're not looking for reward,
我们不在要求奖赏
just what we're owed, same as soldiers.
只是要求我们和士兵一样应得的
Yeah, but we weren't soldiers, were we?
但我们不是士兵 不是吗
Lies were our weapons.
谎言是我们的武器
Sins in service of ideals.
为理想而犯下罪恶
So, what?
所以怎么样
We're damned?
我们该下地狱吗
Let's just say that if having my pockets emptied
如果身无分文
is my only penance,
是我唯一的补赎
I am willing to bear it.
我愿意承受它
Yeah, but I have a family to provide for.
但我还要养家
And family you've lost.
而且你还失去了亲人
You've paid a deeper price than any of us.
你比我们付出了更大的代价
I don't know what makes that whole.
我不知道什么能让它变得完整
There is one more issue to be settled between us.
我们之间还要解决一件事
General Washington!
华盛顿将军
General Washington!
华盛顿将军
Ben!
本
Tallmadge!
塔尔梅奇
721!
七二一
Hey. Hey, what... what's going on?
嘿 嘿 怎么回事
I thought you were back in Setauket.
我以为你回锡托基特了
What are you doing here?
你在这儿做什么
No, I was... uh, I was looking for you.
我在... 我在找你
And Washington. I need to speak to him.
还有华盛顿 我需要和他说话
Well, now is not the best time. Yeah, I know.
现在时机不好 我知道
That's why I need to see him.
所以我需要见他
Look, he's trying to negotiate a peaceful transfer of the city.
听着 他在努力协商城市的和平交接
Until the redcoats have all evacuated, he can't meet with you.
英军全部撤出之前 他不能见你
Right, right. What about you? Me?
好吧 好吧 那你呢 我吗
剧集 | 逆转奇兵(2014) | 导航列表