剧集 | 逆转奇兵(2014) | 导航列表
Still, I need Brewster to name the others.
我还需要布鲁斯特♥供♥出其他人
May I ask how you plan to achieve that, sir?
我能知道您达到这一目的的计划吗 长官
I'll show him mercy if he names names,
如果他招供出其他人 我就赦免他
the rope if he doesn't.
如果他不招 就绞死他
Trust me,
相信我
I've seen the man, he's no credit to soldiering.
我见过那个男人 他没有当兵的资质
He'll be quaking in his boots.
一穿上靴子他就会颤抖
Do you mind if I sit in and observe your methods?
我能坐在里面看你是怎么做的吗
Given your history with him,
鉴于你和他的过往
I think it better you sit outside, don't you?
我觉得你坐在外面会更好 不是吗
Of course. Thank you.
当然 谢谢
Leave us.
让我们单独谈谈
Hiya, general.
你好 将军
How's your day going?
今天过得怎么样
You know, I don't know if you're the fellow
知道么 我不知道是不是该对你
to be taking this up with, but the food here is terrible.
抱怨这儿的食物实在太糟了
Do you find your situation here amusing, Lieutenant Brewster?
你没有发现你现在的处境很微妙吗 布鲁斯特中尉
Well, if I'd spouted off to you back in camp
如果我在兵营里对你吐口水
I'd be thrown in jail,
就会进监狱
but seeing as you've turned coats, and I'm already in chains,
但是看来你已经改变阵营 而我也已经成为阶下囚
I can finally speak me mind,
我终于可以说出我的想法了
and tell ya, you are a two-faced, pompous, piece of shite.
告诉世人你是一个两面派又自大的垃圾
So, yeah, I do find it a touch amusing.
所以 是的 我的确觉得现在的处境很微妙
I know you're the whale boatman
我知道你是萨基特先生信中提到的
named in Mr. Sackett's papers.
鲸鱼船夫
The courier for Benjamin Tallmadge and his Culper ring.
本杰明·塔尔米奇的信使和他的库帕小组
And I know that if you don't give up the names of your confederates,
我也知道如果你不交待你同伙的名字
then you'll be hanged.
你就会被绞死
Right.
好吧
What's in it for me?
我要怎么做
Well, if you cooperate, I'll spare your life.
如果你配合 我可免你一死
That's it?
是吗
I get to live in this shithole or some other?
我得生活在这或者其他鬼地方
No, I don't think I'll be confessing for spying for that.
不 我觉得我不会承认我为那些做了间谍
And if I don't confess, you can't hang me,
如果我不认罪 你就无法对我处以绞刑
so you're not really offering me anything, are you?
所以你并不是真的给我好处 对吗
What did you have in mind?
你怎么想的
Well, let's see, how much did you get for jumping ship?
好吧 让我们来看看 你因背叛得了多少好处
The whole $10,000 I heard you were after?
我听说你拿到了整整一万美元
Or did the lobsters short ya?
还是那群家伙拿了这笔钱
They did, didn't they? The slimy bastards.
是他们拿了 对吧 那群虚伪的混♥蛋♥
You see, that's why I always insist
你看 这就是我为什么总是坚持
on money in hand before I hand over me goods.
一手交钱一手交货
Oh, so you admit to smuggling?
哦 所以你承认你走私了吗
Well, nowhere near your level.
跟你做得事没法比
I read your record of court-martial,
我读过你的军法审判记录了
your business dealings in Philadelphia were quite...
你在费城的商业往来记录非常
I was... I was cleared of all charges.
我 我与任何指控无关
Yeah? That's not what I heard.
是么 我听说的可不一样
And it's not what they say. And what do they say?
他们不是那么说的 他们怎么说的
About you? What, in camp?
关于你 在军营里吗
They say that if you were ever to be captured, they'd cut off your leg,
他们说如果能抓到你 他们会砍掉你
the one that was wounded in Saratoga,
在萨♥拉♥托♥加♥受伤的那条腿
and they'd bury it with honors.
将它光荣地掩埋
But the rest of you, they'd just hang.
把你身体的其他部分吊死
You dirty little runt!
你这肮脏的混♥蛋♥
Well, at least they ain't a Judas,
好吧 至少他们不是为了金钱
who sold out his whole country for a pile of silver!
出♥卖♥♥♥祖国的害群之马
He's all yours.
他任你们处置了
My turn.
轮到我了
As though I was looking through a spyglass and I all I could see
虽然我是通过一个望远镜去看的 我还是可以
was the two of them.
看到他们中的两个人
It took an hour and a dram of brandy,
我花了一个小时 喝了点白兰地
before I could fully regain my composure.
才能完全恢复镇定
Well, you were upset. And with good reason.
你是有理由感到难过的
I was upset with myself. Why?
我在生自己的气 为什么
Because I was the one who urged Congress
因为是我去年催促国会
to declare bankruptcy last year.
宣告破产的
Well, you did not sign up to be a politician
你并不想成为一个政客
as well as a general.
或一名将军
But still...
但是你还是
can't you allow yourself even a moment of relief?
不能让自己放松一下吗
Ah, that damned candle. I told Billy to change it.
那该死的蜡烛 我告诉过比利去换掉它了
Well, I imagine candles are in short supply.
好吧 我以为蜡烛供不应求了
Spanish fly as well.
催♥情♥药♥也是如此
I've kept this army together, believing the key was to endure.
我让这支军队团结在一起 并坚信法则就是去忍♥耐
Force the British to stay in the field, sap their finances,
迫使英国人原地不动 削弱他们的财务状况
but now...
但是现在
we're the ones who are being sapped.
我们的财力也在被削弱
Without funds to continue the fight,
没有足够的资金去继续战斗
or some improbable victory to conclusively decide it,
也没有不可能的胜利去最终绝对胜负
this war is lost.
这场战争输了
You're doing all you can.
你已经竭尽全力了
It's not enough.
但还远远不够
Well, it certainly makes the problems in Mt. Vernon seem trivial.
好吧 那一定会对弗农先生造成一些小麻烦的
What problems?
什么麻烦
Oh. Nothing.
没事
The carpenter questioned the wood for the paneling in the servant's hall.
木匠询问了了仆人♥大♥厅里镶木用什么木材
We said oak, didn't we?
我们不是决定了用橡木吗
Yes, he thought that pine would be adequate.
是啊 但是他认为松木更符合要求
Nonsense! Oak isn't just a material, it's a theme.
一派胡言 橡木不只是一种材料 它代表着一种思想
I mean, clearly the man has no notion
我看 这个人肯定没有
of the value of consistency and harmony.
一致性与和谐的价值观
You know, I had a very nice talk with Mrs. Strong.
你知道吗 我和斯特朗夫人聊得很好
She runs that little trading post.
她经营着那间小货栈
She's providing a good service.
她提供良好的货物
Letting the camp women barter for necessities.
以供营地中的女人们交换必需品
I don't like the idea of camp followers mixing with the soldiers.
我不喜欢随军家属和士兵们混在一起
Mm, I know, you prefer orderly lines, ever the surveyor.
我知道 你喜欢井井有序 总是像个检察官
Still, I think you'll appreciate this.
我还是觉得你会喜欢这个
One of the camp women made it.
营地里的一个女人做的
Well, that's crude, but clever.
这很粗糙但也精巧
Maybe because we're so often on the outside of things,
也许是因为我们常常只能接触事件的表面
we're use to finding clever solutions to problems.
因此我们习惯于寻找聪明的方式去解决问题
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Well, if your direct petitions to Congress
如果国会对你的直接请♥愿♥
are falling on deaf ears,
充耳不闻
perhaps I could speak with their wives.
也许我能和他们的妻子说一说
Martha Jefferson, for example, Esther Reed?
比如说玛莎·杰弗逊 埃丝特·里德
We could organize the women throughout the colonies
我们可以组织整个殖民地的女人们
and raise money for the Army.
为军队筹钱
I could publish a letter,
我可以发表一封
"The Sentiments of an American Woman."
讲述一位美国女人的观点的文章
What do you think?
你觉得呢
As long as it's not in the "Royal Gazette."
只要它不发表在皇家公报上就行
You know I leave tomorrow.
我明天就要走了
Back with us again?
醒了吗
I was afraid you'd drifted off,
我怕你迷迷糊糊的
and so early in the evening.
夜幕才刚刚降临
What did I miss? Just the preliminaries.
我错过了什么 只是准备工作罢了
I wanted to get the small talk out of the way
我想在我们开始正式对话前
before we began a real conversation.
先来一段不寻常的小谈话
Just to be clear, this isn't about payback, it's about respect.
先说清楚 这不是回报 而是尊重
That's funny. I got none for you.
有趣 我对你可没有尊重
Well, I think you were showing me a warrior's respect
好吧 我想你在通过对更多痛苦的渴望
by your eagerness to inflict pain.
来表示来自一名战士的尊重
To think anything less would break me
思想保守会伤害我
would have been an insult.
将是一种侮辱
Now I extend you the same courtesy.
现在我给你相同的礼貌
You expect me to thank you for that?
你指望我因此而感恩戴德吗
剧集 | 逆转奇兵(2014) | 导航列表