剧集 | 巢 | 导航列表
And I know that you can.
好了 她可以出院了
Right, she's ready for you.
来吧
Come on.
你一直在等着她吧
You've been waiting on her, haven't you? Yeah.
你好好抱抱她吧
I'll just let you have a wee cuddle.
这条路会很长
It'll be a long road,
但我对她很有信心
but I've got every confidence in her.
我见过妈妈们在更危险的情况下克服困难
I've seen birth mums overcome the odds in far more precarious situations.
你能抱着她吗
Can you take her?
-好的 -抱歉
- It's OK. - Sorry.
怎么了
What's wrong?
我不知道该怎么办
I don't know what to do.
我从没想过要一个孩子 贾妮斯
I never went into this to have a wean, Janis.
从来没有
Never.
我从没见过我这种年纪的女生有孩子 我想着
I never looked at lassies my age with weans and thought,
"我想试试"
"I want that."
我看着她们 心想"给我瞧好了"
I look at them and I think, "Get tied."
我想要自己的人生
I want a life.
我想把过去抛在脑后
I want to put the past behind me
为自己而活
and live and build something for myself.
我想做得更好 而不仅仅是有一个孩子陪伴
I want to do better than just having a kid for company
并且让她过着跟我一样的生活
and dishing out the exact same life.
我想成为...一个商人
I want to be...a businesswoman.
我想乘坐飞机
I want to go on planes.
我想拥有一个小铁皮拉杆箱
I want one of those wee steel pull-along cases.
我也不知道我到底想要什么 但我就是想要
I don't know what the fuck I want, but I want things.
可我清楚我不想要这个
And I know I don't want this.
但我也不能抛弃她
But I can't abandon her either.
我不能让她进福利院 不行
I cannae let her go into care, no way.
这不是你一个人的责任
That's not your sole responsibility.
是我的责任
It is.
因为我毁了他们
Cos I destroyed them.
让事情公布在报纸上 我就摧毁了他们
By going to the papers, I wrecked them.
肯定是这样
Must've done.
因为如果他们觉得自己还有机会
Cos if they thought they stood a chance,
那为什么还会把她交给我呢
why would they offer her to me?
你不要再想这件事了 卡亚
You need to sleep on it, Kaya.
你需要慢慢来
You need to take time
要确认你真的是这样想的
and be sure this is really how you feel.
我不需要再想了
I don't need time.
我很清楚
I know.
你认为你一辈子都在等待这个机会
You think that's the phone call you're living for.
然后机会来了 你却在想 我能这样做吗
And then it comes and all that's in your head is, can I do this?
我们能这样做吗
Can we do this?
看一看我们现在的处境 艾米丽
Look at the state of us now, Emily.
我想做的就是给那个小姑娘最好的东西
All I want is what's best for that wee girl.
然后看了看我们自己 我想
And I look at us and I think,
我们对她来说是最好的吗
are yous what's best for her?
我们是她能得到的最好的吗
Are yous the best that she can do?
我觉得没人会比你做得更好
I don't think anyone could do better than you.
我的生意砸了 艾米丽
I've fucked the business, Emily.
没关系的
It doesn't matter.
我们可能丢掉房♥子
We could lose the house.
我们可能失去所有东西
We could lose everything.
没关系的
It doesn't matter.
我们可能失去她
We could lose her.
去争夺她 然后不被允许去监护她
Fight for her and then not be allowed to care for her.
没有任何胜算 所有事情都不能保证
There's no guarantees. With any of it, with anything.
有一个
There's one.
我说服了他
I persuaded him.
我♥操♥纵了他
I manipulated him.
我还威胁了他
I threatened him.
我想我当时能看到的只有自己的需求
I think I just couldn't see beyond my own needs.
我父亲是一个有暴♥力♥行为的酒鬼
My father was a violent alcoholic.
他打我妈妈 打我和我姐姐
He beat my mum, he beat me and my sister.
我努力让我的生活过得不再像他一样
And I've made it my life's work not to be anything like him.
我想让这件事变得很公平
I wanted it to be fair
我想这事能公平地进行...
and I imagined it could be made fair with...
用爱 或者钱 或者
love... or money, or
两者兼有
some combination.
一切 我们欠这个小姑娘一切东西
Everything. We owe this wee girl everything.
我们创造了她 用基因或者别的
We made her, genetic or not.
从我看到她的那一瞬间开始
And I felt she was my daughter
我就觉得她是我的女儿
from the minute I laid eyes on her.
什么样的母亲
What kind of mother?
一个焦虑的 强势的母亲
An anxious one, an overbearing one,
但也是将要告诉她真♥相♥的母亲
but one who will always tell her the truth.
还算好吗
Good enough?
我们想做的就是去爱她
All we want to do is love her.
六个月后
一对富裕的夫妻
A wealthy couple.
一个脆弱的十九岁姑娘
A vulnerable 19-year-old girl.
这种议价能力的不平等
The inequality in bargaining power,
这种剥削的可能性 不能再更明显了
the potential for exploitation, could hardly be more obvious.
在这个国家
In this country,
一个代♥孕♥者可能被支付"合理的报酬"
a surrogate may be paid "reasonable expenses",
但是如此模糊的定义可能会
but such a loose definition can be,
被利用到崩溃边缘 正如这个案例所显示的
as it has been here, stretched to breaking point.
丹和艾米丽·多彻蒂没有犯下
Dan and Emily Docherty didn't do
任何严格意义上的非法行为
anything strictly illegal.
然而 他们所做的也没有完全符合
However, neither does what they did sit at all comfortably
一位理智之人应做的行为
with the right-thinking person.
他们达成代♥孕♥协议时的轻率
The haste with which they entered into the arrangement
更加展现出了一种自私自利的鲁莽
further paints a picture of self-serving recklessness
这是与负责任的养育行为不相符的
that is incompatible with responsible parenting,
如果法律要求我
and if the law required me
做出一个符合公众政策的决定
to make a decision in the interests of public policy,
以此劝诫其他那些有类似行为的夫妻
to discourage other couples from behaving in a similar way,
那么毫无疑问
then undoubtedly,
我的责任就是去阻止他们监护这个婴儿
it would be my duty to prevent them from caring for this baby.
然而 法律并不是这样要求的
However, that is not what the law requires.
法律要求做出一个完全关注于
What it demands is a decision that focuses
这个孩子需求的决定
solely on the needs of the child.
鉴于此 我相信事实已经很清楚了
In that regard, I believe that the facts are clear.
丹和艾米丽爱这个孩子
Dan and Emily Docherty love this child
并且做好了监护她的准备
and are in a position to care for her.
没有其他人这样了解她
There is no-one else who knows her
并做好了如此的准备
and who is in a position to do so.
为了惩罚他们而不让她加入一个适合的家庭
To deny her a suitable home in order to punish the two of them
不可能是正确的
cannot be right.
最具有说服性的是卡亚对他们的支持
What has been most persuasive is Kaya's support for them
以及双方将持续下去的紧密关系
and the ongoing relationship between the parties.
因此我决定妮芙从今天起
I therefore order that Neve can be discharged today
可以被丹和艾米丽·多彻蒂二人监护
into the care of Dan and Emily Docherty
并受到未来的持续的监护评估
with ongoing and continuous review by services.
好吧
Oh, OK.
我的工作就是会惹恼你们
It's my job to piss on your chips,
所以让我快一点说完这些话
so let me just get this over with quickly.
你们得到的是一个居留决定 并不是收养
You've been granted a residence order - it is not an adoption.
这不是永久性的
It is not permanent.
只是"你们暂时可以拥有她"
It's a "you can have her for now".
-这只是开始 不是结束 -谢谢你
- This is the start, not the finish. - Thank you.
我们准备待会就过去接她
Well, we're going to collect her later.
他们说我们可以把她带回家了
They said we can take her home.
你想和我们一起去吗 还是你想晚一点过来
Do you want to come with us? Or you could come over later.
不 今天不去了
No, not today.
我要去找公♥寓♥
I'm going to look at flats.
好的
OK.
卡亚
Kaya, erm,
谢谢你
thank you.
她原谅你了
She forgives you.
剧集 | 巢 | 导航列表