剧集 | 巢 | 导航列表
No. Don't, you don't understand.
明白
Understand?
我都准备帮你怀孩子了 艾米丽
I was prepared to carry a child for you, Emily,
这就是我有多不明白
that's how much I don't understand,
或是关心你的痛苦
or care about your suffering.
我弟弟爱你
My brother loves you.
胜过他的生命
More than life.
他世界上最重要的东西是你
You are what matters to him in this world,
不是其他的 是你
not any of this, you.
而你对卡亚的官司会赢 你当然会
And you will win against Kaya, of course you will.
但不是因为命中注定
But not because it was meant to be,
不是天上的星星
not because it was written in the stars
预示你会当妈妈
that you should get to be a mother,
你会赢是因为她没有机会
you will win because she has got no chance.
她一无所有
She has no-one and nothing,
这也是你们一开始把她
which is what made her a candidate
当候选的原因
for all of this in the first place.
但听着艾米丽 你不是任何人的救世主
But know this, Emily, you are no-one's saviour.
不是卡亚的 也不是那小孩的
Not Kaya's, not the baby's.
你只是个有欲望的人 和其他人一样
You are just a person with desires, like everyone else.
而你会无情地追求你想要的
And you have been ruthless in going after what you want.
我不是说你不听好人言
I'm not in the business of "I told you so",
但正如你第一次来找我我建议的
but as I advised when you first came to see me,
保持与卡亚良好的关系
keeping the relationship with Kaya civil
然后谈判出一个结果明显比
and agreeing an outcome is obviously better for the child
事后爆发的舆♥论♥战对孩子更好
than the kind of public war that's broken out since.
我们已经说他们侵犯隐私了
We've gone for breach of privacy,
所以不再会有报道了 但是
so there won't be any more coverage, but
考虑到这个案子引起的公众关注
given all the publicity that's erupted around the case,
地方当局有一些顾虑
the local authority has some concerns.
那是什么意思
Wh-what does that mean?
这不再是简单的你和卡亚之间的
This is no longer a straight tug-of-love
拔河夺爱了 艾米丽
between you and Kaya, Emily.
他们觉得鉴于已发生的事
It means that they see a risk of significant harm to this child
孩子有可能会遭受严重的伤害
in view of what has gone on.
地方当局可能会决定满足宝宝的需求的
It may be that the local authority decides that the best person
最好人选是一个第三方
to meet the baby's needs is a third party.
一个第三方
A third party?
福利院吗
Care?
不 我明白
No, no, I understand.
本次案例会议是关于妮芙·麦克德莫特的
This is a case conference convened in respect of Neve McDermott.
她在二十五周时
She was born at 25 weeks
由代♥孕♥者卡亚·麦克德莫特生下
to a surrogate, Kaya McDermott.
原本父母是丹和艾米丽·多彻蒂夫妇
The intended parents were Dan and Emily Docherty.
他们与代♥孕♥者的关系后来公开破裂并非常紧张
The relationship has since broken down publicly and acrimoniously
而我们作为地方当局非常关心
and we, as a local authority, have real concerns about
他们之中的哪一方
which of the parties, if either,
对这个孩子最有利
can serve the best interests of the child.
虽然是早产 但这个孩子已经恢复得很好
Despite her prematurity, the baby's done really well.
如果她的情况持续好转
And if she continues to do so,
预计她能在未来两三周内出院
we expect that she'll be ready for discharge in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
从警方保护的角度来看
From a police protection point of view,
如果卡亚持续存在身份暴露的风险
I'd say if there's a continued risk of Kaya's identity being exposed,
这对孩子来说显然不会是个安全的环境
obviously, it's not going to be a safe environment for the baby.
有什么进一步的情况吗
Has there been anything further?
不 目前没有
No, not as yet.
但这在很大程度上取决于一些未知因素
But a lot depends on decisions yet to be made -
比如她要在哪里生活
where is she going to live -
她的身份是否需要永久隐藏
whether her identity is permanently compromised.
多彻蒂夫妇呢
What about the Dochertys?
从根本上来说 问题是
Fundamentally, the issue is
这一切是怎么造成的
how this whole arrangement came about.
是否存在剥削
The question of exploitation.
丹·多彻蒂是格拉斯哥的名人
Dan Docherty is a well-known face in Glasgow -
如果这个孩子跟着他们 那她的来历将会
if this baby stays with them, then this child's history is laid
因为公众的关注而被公之于众
bare for all to see because of the publicity.
这指向一个问题 从长♥期♥来看
Which begs the question, in the longer term,
清白的来历和全新的开始
is it in the child's best interest
是否对这个孩子最有利
to have a clean slate and a fresh start?
我们从实践中都知道
I think we know from practice that
这样的孩子不会保有清白的来历
kids don't really do clean slates.
人们的指点会伴随他们一生
People's stories are their stories.
对孩子们来说 来源特别重要
It's incredibly important to children that they come from somewhere,
而这个孩子的来源是卡亚
and this baby came from Kaya.
她在卡亚体内长大 与卡亚有过亲密接触
She grew in Kaya. She has had skin to skin with Kaya.
鉴于这个孩子不知道 也不可能知道
And given that she doesn't know nor is likely ever to know
她真正的身份
her real genetic identity,
卡亚就是她最亲近的血亲
Kaya is the closest blood relative that she is going to get.
我相信在大家的支持下
I do believe, with support,
她能为孩子提供一个安全的环境
she could provide a safe environment
我们要是不给她这个机会
and if we don't give her that chance,
那不就是在重蹈覆辙吗
are we not just repeating the mistakes of the past?
靠社会工程解决
Social engineering.
把穷女孩的孩子交给中产阶级夫妇抚养
Handing the babies of poor girls over to middle-class couples.
你怎么知道我在这里
How did you know I was here?
希拉里说的
Hilary.
不管怎样她都会拥有一个好家庭
She'll get a good family anyway.
你知道有多少人渴望有一个新生儿
You know how many folks are desperate for a newborn.
这不能靠爱或金钱得到
Cannae get them for love nor money.
所有专家看到的只是人们为了一个孩子而争斗
All the professionals see is people warring over a bairn
觉得这很恶心
and it's disgusting.
怪不得他们看到我们就会想
It's no wonder they're looking at us and thinking,
"你们都不配"
"None of yous is deserving."
要是我们停止争斗呢
What if we stopped?
-什么意思 -要是我们彼此支持呢
- How do you mean? - What if we supported each other?
坐下来谈谈吗
Got round the table?
也许原本还有时间这么做
Maybe there was a time for that.
在我们本可以和卡亚好好谈 达成一致时
When we could have sat with Kaya and agreed something.
也可能是因为钱的原因
Or maybe because of the money,
不可能有这样的机会
there never could be.
因为她是她 我们是我们
Because of who she is and who we are,
这只会是靠使用权力
it would only ever be an exercise in power.
说服 我也不知道
In persuasion. I don't know.
我知道的是
What I do definitely know
抛弃怀胎生下自己的人
is that it can't possibly be in that baby's best interests
不可能是对那个孩子最有利的
to overthrow the person who carried her.
要是我们赢了 这就是我们要做的事
And if we win, that's what we'll have done.
要是我们输了
If we lose,
可能就意味着她要去福利所
that could mean her going into care.
这不可能发生
That cannae happen.
绝不可能发生
That just cannae happen.
我明白 支持卡亚就是支持那孩子 我明白
I get it. Support Kaya to support her, I get it.
可我还是感觉她是我的女儿
What am I supposed to do with the fact
我该怎么办
that she still feels like my daughter?
在此之前 我们是一家人
We were a family before this.
无论你怎么想 我和你都是一家人
You and me. Whatever you thought.
以前的确如此
That's what we were.
而现在我们算什么
What are we now?
卡亚 我们要让步
Kaya, we're withdrawing.
我们想让孩子跟着你
We'd like for the baby to stay with you.
我们会支持你
And we'll support you,
不管是经济上还是行动上
financially, practically,
我们会尽全力支持你
any way that we can.
但我们不会紧盯着你
But we won't be hovering over you or
或是试图对那孩子行使任何权利
trying to exercise any rights over the baby.
你有需要时我们会支持你
We're here for you, but, erm, you call us,
但我们不会打扰你
we won't call you.
你可以搬走
You can move away or
或是做任何能让你获得安全感的事情
do whatever you need to do to feel safe...
尽你所能去好好生活吧
..make the best life that you can.
我知道你可以的
剧集 | 巢 | 导航列表