确定的解决办法 当然他很大程度向前推进了这个问题
a definitive solution, he advanced the inquiry so greatly
卡尔孙德曼在他的基础上
that of course, Karl Sundman stood on his shoulders
终于证明了…
when he finally proved the existence of...
抱歉 我今天得早点走
I apologize. I need to leave a bit early today.
我几分钟后要见我的妻子
I'm meeting my wife in a few minutes.
无穷极数解
An infinite series solution.
甚至这个答案的效用也是有限的
Even this solution is of limited practical utility,
因为它汇集得太慢了
because it converges so slowly.
庞加莱非常年轻的时候就展现了
Poincaré showed astounding aptitude for mathematics
他在数学方面惊人的才能 如同所有伟大的数学家一样
at a very young age, as all great mathematicians do.
这种与生俱来的能力在数学领域是不常见的
It was an innate ability that is not uncommon in the field.
他的工作习惯也是很不同寻常
He was also a man of unusual work habits.
他上午工作两小时 晚上两小时
He'd work two hours in the morning, two in the evening
利用中间的时间
and use the intervening time
潜意识地继续解决这个问题
for his subconscious to continue working on the problem.
这让人想起来上周二
This calls to mind another mathematician I discussed
我在办公室和楚曼谈论的另外一个数学家
in my office with Truman just last Tuesday.
楚曼 你那天记笔记了
Truman, you took notes that day.
请跟全班分享一下吧
Please share them with the class.
停!走开!我很容易被撞伤的!
Stop it. Get away! I bruise easy!
如果你们想了解 那就探究一下
If you're so inclined, reach back further
数学家奇诺的冥想
to the musings of the mathematician Zeno.
他描述了一系列无穷大和无穷小的矛盾
He describes a series of paradoxes concerning infinity and infinitesimals.
这些是古希腊文写的
This being ancient Greece, little is left
他的真迹已经失传了 但我们仅有的残余…
of his written record, but of the scraps we do have left...
哦 天啊…
Oh, my God.
韦斯曼教授? -你没事吧?
Professor Weissman? - Are you all right?
让他通风 伙计们!
Give him air, guys.
对 他刚看见了一个裸体男!
Yeah, he just saw a naked man.
我没事 哦 天啊… -我们需要控制一下人群!
I'm okay, oh, my God. - We need crowd control here.
不用 我没事! -我们下课了吗?
No, I'm okay, I'm okay. - Are we dismissed?
是的 走吧!
Yes, yes. Go. Go, go.
嗨 小姐
Well, hello there, young lady.
刚好准时 我们该去哪儿?
Right on time. Uh, where shall we go?
员工餐厅 如果你觉得可以的话?
Faculty dining room, if that's okay with you?
我正想吃他们做的鸡蛋沙拉
I was just thinking about the egg salad they make there.
女士优先
Ladies first.
两个月46美元?那可能吗?
46 bucks for two months? Is that possible?
这不可能 -你的话费主要
It can't be possible. - Your biggest charges
花在往一个地方打多个电♥话♥
are for multiple calls to the same places.
市中心的地方 那些电♥话♥都是你打的吗?
Midtown places. Did you make all those calls?
可能吧 但是艾德 我签约的时候
Well, probably, but Ed, when I signed up,
你说每个月只交九美元
I was told it was nine dollars a month.
是的 但是你没算留言包
Yes, but you didn't take into account the message units.
什么包?-你的计划是
The what units? - Well, in your plan,
你的地理服务范围三千米之外的地方
anything beyond two miles of your geographical service
就会在九美元的基础上产生费用
incurs additional fees on top of the nine dollars.
你在告诉我任何一通 打到距离我公♥寓♥
You're telling me every call beyond two miles
三千米之外的地方的电♥话♥ 都是远距离的吗?
from my apartment is considered long distance?
是这样的 -让我直接说吧 艾德
Yeah, pretty much. - So let me get this straight, Ed.
如果我给三千米内的人打电♥话♥
If I call someone who's less than two miles away,
然后他再打电♥话♥给
and then they make a call from a second phone
距离我六千米之外的人
to a person four miles away from me
但距离他们只有三千米
but only two miles away from them,
他们把话筒放在我的话筒上
and they hold the receiver up to the line I'm on,
我就不用多交钱了 对吗?
I'll just get charged locally, right?
当然 我是说 如果你想费那个事的话
Sure, I mean, if you want to go to the bother.
我不想费那个事 艾德
I don't want to go to the fucking bother, Ed.
我只是想试图弄明白
I'm just trying to figure out how can I afford
怎么能够付得起你卖♥♥给我的这个破电♥话♥!
this stupid fucking phone you sold me!
听着 我听见你说的了 我很同情
Look, I hear you, and I sympathize,
但是费用就是费用
but the charges are the charges.
天啊…
Jesus. - And, uh...
我觉得必须告诉你…
I guess I'm compelled to tell you this...
什么?-我们的办公室在哈勒姆
What? - Our office is in Harlem,
所以这通电♥话♥也是远距离电♥话♥
so this call is long distance as well.
乔利! -是 妈?
Joely. - Yeah, Ma?
有个绅士找你
You've got a gentleman caller.
一个帅气的年轻人
A handsome young man.
你为什么说得这么色情?
Why'd you make it sound salacious?
我说得很色情吗?
Did-did I make it sound salacious?
进来吧 阿奇
Come on in, Arch.
阿奇 你能帮我个忙吗?
Archie, would you do me a big favor?
当然 -问问你的哥哥
Sure. - Would you ask your brother
房♥地♥产♥接下来十年的价格
if real estate prices are gonna go up or down
是涨还是跌 那会帮助很大
in the next ten years? That would be a big help.
我会问他
I will ask him.
伽里是个好人
Oh, Curry is a good man.
咖喱也是很好的香辛料的混合
He's a nice blend of spices and herbs, as well.
我让你们自己聊事情吧
Ah. Well, I'll leave you boys to get on with things.
你们比剑什么的
Your sword fights and whatnot.
谢谢 梅赛尔太太
Thank you, Mrs. Maisel.
谢谢 妈
Thanks, Ma.
这儿闻起来像散兵坑
Smells like a foxhole in here.
对 抱歉 -我能喝点咖啡吗?
Yeah, sorry. - Can I get some coffee?
马上来
Coming up.
这些是…
And these are...?
我妈妈的藏宝图
My mother's treasure maps.
拿来显示他们这些年
Supposed to show where they've hidden
都把现金藏到哪儿了
all the cash over the years.
柯伦知道这些吗? -他肯定知道
Did Curren see these? - You bet he did.
我也是那么想的
That's what I thought.
他拒绝放款给我们
He's denying us a line of credit.
告诉我们有太多减轻的情节
Told us there were too many "mitigating circumstances,"
我爸爸用英语说了两个最非犹太教的字
which my father called the two most goyish words in the English language.
闻起来像是妈妈做的布丁
Smells like Ma's making kugel.
她做布丁很好吃的
She makes good kugel.
吃点布丁再走
Don't leave before you have some kugel.
你知道 乔尔 你和我是好朋友 亲密的
You know, Joel, you and I are good friends. Close.
就连你妈妈把我们当同志看
To the point where we didn't even correct your mother
我们也不反驳的那种程度
when she implied that we're a couple of queers.
因此我得说
And because of that, I need to say,
你必须离开这个家!
you have got to get out of this fucking house!
当然 我必须离开这儿!
Of course I have to get out of this house!
我是说 看看我!
I mean, look at me.
我回到从前 跟我的玩具、妈妈和布丁混在一起了
I-I'm back with my toys and my mother and the fucking kugel
不应该是这样的!
and it wasn't supposed to be like this.
我得找个地方
I've got to find a place.
这对孩子也是对的 因为
And it's got to be right for the kids, too, because
有时候他们必须跟我在一起 否则我会疯的!
they have to be with me some of the time or I'll go crazy.
好 你还要努力
Good. You still got some fight left.
现在别走来走去的
Now stop moving around.
这让屋子里的味道更难闻了
It's making the smell in here worse.
我让柯伦再考虑一下“减轻的情节”
I got Curren to reconsider the mitigating circumstances.
你会得到贷款的
You're getting your line of credit.
阿奇 你在开玩笑 -我能说服他
Arch. You're kidding. - I've got things on him.
我为你说好话
And I vouched for you.
我会帮你逃离这里的
And I'm gonna help you get the hell out of here
因为这真是太伤感了
because it's just sad.
我欠你人情 阿奇
I owe you, Arch.
大人情
I owe you big-time.
别管我 我什么都没看见!
Oops. Never mind me. I saw nothing.
嘿 阿尔伯特 帮我
Oh. Hey, Albert, help.
你是个王子 阿尔伯特
You're a prince, Albert.
“阿尔伯特王子”!我刚想到这个称号♥
"Prince Albert." I just came up with that.
谢谢 女士
Thank you, ma'am.
嗨 米琪
Hi. Midge.
嗨 -米琪 让我向你介绍一下
Hi. - Midge, let me introduce you
欧布莱恩神父 这位是圣史戴芬修女
to Father O'Brien, and this is Sister Saint Stephen.
神父 、修女 这是我的好朋友米琪梅赛尔
Father, Sister, this is my good friend Midge Maisel.
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表