剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表
WILL SMITH: Where is home?
威尔·史密斯:家在哪里?
Is it where you were born?
是你出生的地方吗?
Where you were raised?
是你长大的地方?
Or where you are now?
或者你现在在的地方?
Is it somewhere you live?
还是你住的地方吗?
Somewhere you left?
是你离开的地方?
Somewhere that shaped you?
或者某个塑造你的地方?
If you really wanna know, you need to leave them all behind.
如果你真的想知道 你需要把这些都抛在脑后
Someone who knows that it's like to really leave home is
一个确实了解 什么是远离家乡 的人
Peggy Whitson, NASA's most experienced astronaut.
佩吉·惠特森 美国宇航局最有经验的宇航员
Not that you'd know it if you ever met her.
如果你没见过她 你是不会知道的
PEGGY: Well I hate talking about the records,
佩吉:我讨厌谈论世界纪录
but I do have few.
但我确实有几个
WILL SMITH: That folks is the understatement of the year.
威尔·史密斯:这人是今年最被低估的人
How about we start with most time in space for any US astronaut.
我们从太空中执勤最长时间开始吧 在所有美国宇航员中
Which is 665 days.
是665天
WILL SMITH: Think about that for a second,
威尔·史密斯:想一想
that's a round trip to Mars.
那是到火星的往返旅行时间
Then there's the longest single space flight for any
还有女性的最长的
woman in the world.
单程太空飞行
Oh, that's right, yeah.
哦 没错
WILL SMITH: And that's just for starters.
威尔·史密斯:那只是个开始
Ten space walks, first female Commander and I don't remember
十次太空行走 第一位女指挥官 我记不得了
the other, oh, I know oldest astronaut, female astronaut,
另一个 哦 我知道 最老的宇航员 女宇航员
not a record I was looking for.
不是我要找的纪录
The press seemed to point that one out a lot.
媒体似乎经常指出这一点
WILL SMITH: Not bad for a farm girl from Iowa!
威尔·史密斯:对一个来自爱荷华州的农家女来说 还不错
Eight astronauts, Chris, Nicole, Jeff, May, Jerry,
八名宇航员 克里斯 妮可 杰夫 梅 杰瑞
Mike, Leland and then there's Peggy.
迈克 利兰 还有佩吉
Each one of them is different, they come from different places,
他们每个人都是不同的 来自不同的地方
they have different stories to tell but they were all changed by one thing...
他们有不同的故事要讲 但他们都被一件事改变了…
Going into space.
进入太空
It's called the Overview Effect and if you could see
它被称为概述效应 如果你能看到
what they've seen, you'd feel it too.
他们看到的 你也会感觉到的
Most of us leave home every day.
我们大多数人每天都离开家
We go to work without a second thought.
我们一点也不想就去上班了
But just imagine if your work place overlooks the planet
但想象一下 如果你的工作场所能俯瞰地球
then that morning commute becomes a little bit more challenging.
然后 早上的通勤变得更有挑战性
We launch from Baikonur, Kazakhstan.
我们从哈萨克斯坦的拜科努尔发射
It was actually the same launch pad that Yuri Gagarin launched from.
它实际上是尤里·加加林发射的同一个发射台
It's a fast trip to get to space.
去太空旅行很快
Better than any car you've ever been in,
比你坐过的任何车都好
better than any acceleration you've ever experienced.
比你经历过的任何加速都好
It feels good to be going fast.
速度快的感觉真好
Eight and a half minutes after leaving the launchpad
离开♥发♥射台8.5分钟后
we are in orbit.
我们在轨道上
WILL SMITH: The international space station
威尔·史密斯:国际空间站
is 250 miles above the planet.
离地球250英里
But it is a million miles away from the place Peggy first called home.
但是这里离佩吉的“第一个家”非常远
Growing up on a farm I think was actually a really
在农场里长大 我认为实际上
good experience for me, it taught me a lot of
对我来说经验丰富 它教会了我很多
dedication and hard work.
敬业精神和努力工作
She says she'd like to go to Mars.
她说她想去火星
My parents have lived on the same farm for fifty,
我父母在同一个农场住了50年
almost sixty years.
差不多六十年了
My mom was incredibly supportive.
我妈妈非常支持我
At one time I was telling my sister I wanted to be a pilot
有一次我告诉我妹妹我想当飞行员
and learn to fly and she's like, "You can't be a pilot,
学着飞行 她会说 你不能当飞行员
you can only be a stewardess." and my mom told her,
你只能当空姐 我妈妈告诉她
"No, you can be anything you want to be!"
不 你可以做任何你想做的事
I think there's two Peggy's, the one that comes here and
我想有两个佩吉 一个到这儿来
the one that goes there are different people.
去那里的人是不同的
WILL SMITH: An astronaut will have trained for at least
威尔·史密斯:宇航员至少要经过一次训练
three years for a mission.
三年的任务
Every moment in space is scheduled with experiments to
太空中的每一刻都安排了实验
run and tasks to complete.
运行并完成任务
But the first thing they wanna do is exactly what we do when
但他们想做的第一件事就是
we go somewhere new, check out the view.
我们去新的地方 看看风景
Going into space is like I live my whole life in a
进入太空就像我一辈子
semi-dark room and somebody flipped on the lights.
生活在半暗的房♥间里 有人一下子打开了灯
The earth just seems to glow, it's so beautiful.
地球似乎在发光 它是如此美丽
CHRIS: When I first went to space,
克里斯:当我第一次去太空的时候
the first thing I wanted to do was pop off my helmet,
我想做的第一件事就是把头盔取下来
unstrap out of my chair, float up weightless and go to the
从我的椅子上跳下来 漂浮起来 然后去
window and see the world.
透过窗户看世界
NICOLE: What we see with our eyes, what we then I think feel
我们用眼睛看到的 我当时的感觉
through our heart says your experiencing it is,
我心里感受到的感觉是
it's beyond imagination.
这是超越想象的
LELAND: It is just so stunningly beautiful it almost
真是太美了
makes you, you, you wanna find new words to describe
几乎使你 你会想找新的词语来描述
the emotion that you're feeling
你所感受到的那种情绪
because it affects you so powerfully.
因为它对你有着如此强烈的影响
MIKE: This is something that human eyes are not supposed to see.
这是人类眼睛不曾看到的东西
WILL SMITH: Looking out the window may not be the
威尔·史密斯:往窗外看可能不是
highest mission priority...
最高任务优先级…
but it has a lasting impact on all astronauts.
但它对所有宇航员都有持久的影响
It changes how they think about where they're from.
它改变了他们对自己来自哪里的想法
PEGGY: The town closest to my parents farm is Beaconsfield, Iowa.
佩吉:离我父母农场最近的城镇是爱荷华州的比肯斯菲尔德
When I was growing up it had like 32 people in it and
当我长大的时候 里面有32个人
I think it's down to eleven'ish now so it's a pretty small town.
我想现在是十一点了 所以这是个很小的城镇
WILL SMITH: Beaconsfield maybe the smallest town in Iowa
威尔·史密斯:比肯斯菲尔德也许是爱荷华州最小的城镇
but it's a place full of amazing stories,
但是这是一个充满神奇故事的地方
amazing transformations.
惊人的转变
Growing up in Iowa there's all kinds of life around...
在爱荷华州长大 周围有各种各样的生物…
and when somebody says the word "butterfly" you always think
当有人说 蝴蝶 这个词时 你总是想
of the Monarch butterfly because it's the most
因为它是我从小看到的
distinctive one that I saw growing up.
最与众不同的
AUBREE: This one's a pretty good one.
奥布里:这个很不错
It's big!
好大
They feel like soft and gooey at the same time.
它们同时感觉又软又粘
I know!
我知道
The spring and summer there are lots of caterpillars,
春天和夏天有很多毛虫
it's easy to find them because they're only on the milkweed.
很容易找到它们 因为它们只在乳草上
It's always interesting to see the caterpillars crawling
看到毛虫爬行总是很有趣的
around and recognize that someday that's gonna become a butterfly.
认识到有一天会变成蝴蝶
You like to move around a lot don't you.
你喜欢四处走动 不是吗
WILL SMITH: We all know that caterpillars turn into butterflies...
威尔·史密斯:我们都知道毛虫会变成蝴蝶……
but does it make it any less wondrous?
但这会使它不再那么神奇吗
It's as extraordinary as a farm girl from Iowa
就像一个来自爱荷华州的农家女一样与众不同
transforming into an astronaut.
转变成宇航员
The Monarch butterfly's caterpillar is nature's shape shifter supreme.
帝王蝶的毛毛虫是大自然的超级变形器
When the caterpillar is inside the chrysalis it dissolves and it
当毛毛虫在蛹中时 它就会溶解
turns into gel...
变成了胶质…
And then the good turns into a butterfly.
然后好的变成蝴蝶
WILL SMITH: Caterpillars don't know much of the world beyond a milkweed plant
威尔·史密斯:除了乳草植物外 毛虫对世界了解不多
but once a butterfly it's cleared for takeoff.
但一旦是一只蝴蝶 它就可以起飞了
And from up high it gains a new perspective on the world.
从高处它获得了一个新的世界观
Astronauts change when they leave earth.
宇航员离开地球时也会改变
They undergo a metamorphosis.
它们经历了变形
Home is no longer a town, it's something much bigger.
家不再是一个城镇 它更大
NICOLE: I think the opportunity to kind of live in
妮可:我觉得有机会住在
space has allowed me to look at things a
太空 让我可以有看待实物
little bit differently.
的不同方式
It really opens up a new perspective.
这真的打开了一个新的视角
MIKE: I don't think about the city I live in or where I'm from,
迈克:我不想我住的城市 也不想我来自哪里
I think about home and home is our whole planet or whole earth,
我想到家 家就是我们的整个星球或整个地球
it's one home for all of us.
它是我们所有人的家
As I've grown up and gone to college and gone to graduate
当我长大 上大学 研究生
school home has expanded from Iowa to Texas to the
学校从爱荷华州扩展到德克萨斯州
United States and since being in space home is
美国 在到达太空后
剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表