剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表
Communicating helps you face failure without fear.
沟通有助于你面对失败而不畏惧
But our brains adapt.
但是我们的大脑会适应
So if we lose the ability to communicate,
所以如果我们失去沟通的能力
our brain might find a work-around.
我们的大脑可能会找到办法
It's flexible.
它很灵活
Talk to Leland about it.
和利兰谈谈就知道了
MELVIN: During the time of recovery
梅尔文:在康复期间
from my hearing accident,
从我的听力事故中
there was a point when I could feel my brain rewiring itself
有一点我能感觉到我的大脑在重新布线
to hear again.
再听一遍
The brain over time can make adjustments
随着时间的推移 大脑可以做出调整
to compensate for losses or changes.
赔偿损失或变化
And I think that's what happened to me.
我想这就是发生在我身上的事
My hearing started coming back
我的听力开始恢复
about three weeks after my accident.
事故发生三周后
But it took two more years for me to recover properly.
但我又花了两年时间才恢复正常
Then finally, the chief medical officer for NASA
最后 NASA首席医疗官
pulled out a piece of paper
拿出一张纸
that said, 'You are now cleared to fly in space.'
这就是说 你现在可以在太空飞行了
That was one of the most incredible days of my life.
那是我一生中最不可思议的日子之一
I never took my brain for granted again.
我再也不认为我的大脑是理所当然的了
SMITH: With that flexible brain,
史密斯:有了灵活的大脑
we learn, adapt, and problem solve.
我们学习 适应和解决问题
Our brains give us language,
我们的大脑给我们语言
allowing us to share those lessons with others.
让我们与他人分享这些教训
And writing lets us pass on that knowledge through time.
写作让我们通过时间传递知识
LINENGER: All that human brain power,
林格:所有的人类脑力
all that knowledge through written textbooks,
所有的知识都通过书面教科书
through calculations, through mathematics.
通过计算 通过数学
HOFFMAN: That just led to a huge explosion
霍夫曼:那导致了一场大爆♥炸♥
in the development of civilization.
在文明的发展中
WHITSON: We can get a lot smarter,
惠特森:我们可以变得更聪明
because we can learn a lot more from the previous generations.
因为我们可以从上一代学到更多
SMITH: Humanity is linked together by a network of minds
史密斯:人类是通过思想网络联♥系♥在一起的
that spans time and space.
跨越时间和空间
And that's helped us create things of dazzling complexity.
这帮助我们创造了令人眼花缭乱的复杂性
The most complex one we've ever made is floating above us.
我们所做的最复杂的事情就是漂浮在我们的上方
MAN ON RADIO: Ignition sequence start.
收音机上的人:点火顺序开始
Five, four, three, two, one.
五 四 三 二 一
MELVIN: You're lifting off of the planet.
梅尔文:你要离开这个星球
Feeling 3 Gs on your chest
感觉胸部有3个重力
as you're being propelled to the cosmos.
当你被推进宇宙的时候
It is one heck of a ride.
这真是一次了不起的旅行
MELVIN: After losing the sense of hearing,
梅尔文:失去听觉后
it took so many years for me to get to the launchpad,
我花了很多年才到达发射台
but it just took a few minutes to get to orbit.
但仅仅几分钟就到达了轨道
MAN ON RADIO: Good morning, Houston.
广播员:早上好 休斯顿
MELVIN: We got to space, I saw the planet.
梅尔文:我们到了太空 我看到了这个星球
It just blows your mind.
它只会打动你的头脑
This burst of color.
这一抹色彩
I've never seen colors that vibrant before.
我从未见过如此鲜艳的色彩
And I almost had to, like, smack myself to get back to work.
我几乎必须 像 拍打自己才能回去工作
MAN ON RADIO: If you could get the other...
收音机里的人:如果你能找到另一个…
the expedition four crew, that we have them in sight.
探险队的四名队员 我们已经看到他们了
MELVIN: And then I saw this little dot out on the horizon.
梅尔文:然后我看到地平线上有一个小点
And we get closer and closer and closer.
我们越来越近了
The first time I saw the space station flying overhead,
我第一次看到空间站在上空飞行
I never knew how complex a vehicle it was.
我不知道这个飞船有多复杂
You know, you could see the intricate design
你知道 你可以看到复杂的设计
in these modules, all these things
在这些模块中 所有这些东西
that were envisioned by the human brain.
这是人脑想象出来的
WHITSON: So, you know, when you approach it,
惠特森:所以 你知道 当你接近它的时候
it's just so beautiful.
真是太美了
It's an amazing, amazing engineering marvel.
这是一个令人惊叹的工程奇迹
HOFFMAN: There's no question that the space station
霍夫曼:毫无疑问 太空站
is the greatest international scientific project
是最伟大的国际科学项目
that's ever been undertaken.
这是有史以来的
LINENGER: It's like, wow, this thing is awesome.
林格:就像 哇 这东西太棒了
And I'm gonna get to live on that thing
我要靠这东西
for four or five months.
生活四五个月
MAN ON RADIO: Coming in now and carrying the camera,
收音机里的人:现在拿着相机进来了
mission specialist Leland Melvin.
任务专家Leland Melvin
MAN: How you doing?
男:你好吗
MAN: Bull in a china shop, man.
老兄 ”公牛闯进了瓷器店“
MELVIN: Climbing this hill to space
梅尔文:爬”这座山“到太空
was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
是我做过的最难的事情之一
I never imagined myself going deaf,
我从没想过自己会聋
I never imagined coming back
我从没想过会回来
and getting this opportunity after that accident.
在那次事故之后得到这个机会
And it's really a similar story for all of humankind.
这对所有人类来说都是一个类似的故事
Everything we've achieved as a species
我们作为一个物种所取得的一切
is the product of a lucky chain of accidents.
是一系列幸运事故的产物
SMITH: To get here, we needed a planet to congeal out of dust.
史密斯:要到这里 我们需要一颗行星从尘埃中凝结出来
In the right place for life to form and mold our world,
在生命形成和塑造我们世界的正确地方
allowing us to breathe and grow complex.
让我们呼吸并变得复杂
We needed to be shielded from our sun,
我们需要避开太阳
gifted with a moon,
有月亮的恩赐
and granted seasons.
以及季节的授予
We needed just enough bombardments
我们只需要足够的轰炸
and near-annihilations
几乎湮灭
to let life meander
让生命漫步
through its twists and turns
通过它的曲折
and evolve a species
进化出一个物种
with a brain as complex as yours and mine.
像你我一样复杂的大脑
MELVIN: When I was on the space station,
梅尔文:我在空间站的时候
looking back at the planet,
回首地球
it gave me a profound appreciation
我对它抱着深刻的谢意
in what we take for granted.
在我们认为理所当然的事情上
Humans are a wonderful, extraordinary oddity.
人类是一个奇妙的 非凡的怪人
SMITH: Good job, man, great game.
史密斯:干得好 伙计 很棒的游戏
With this blob of Jell-O,
有了这个果冻
these 86 billion neurons,
860亿神经元
we've left the planet
我们可以离开这个星球
and looked far, far out into the universe,
远眺宇宙
trying to unravel the mysteries of the cosmos.
试图揭开宇宙的奥秘
But no matter how far out we look,
但不管我们看地有多遥远
the most far-out thing we've ever found
我们发现的最遥远的东西
is right between our ears.
就在我们耳边
Next time...
下一次
What does it feel like when you finally come back to Earth?
当你最终回到地球时 感觉如何
Is there really no place like home?
真的没有像家这样的地方吗
剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表