剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表
All day Saturday.
星期六全天
We go around with the vacuum cleaner
我们拿着真空吸尘器到处走
and clean all of our dead skin which is collecting on all of the surfaces
把我们粘附在飞船过滤器上的死皮
of the filters around the ship.
全都清理干净
If you pull your sock off, a lot of skin, dead skin,
如果你脱掉袜子 很多死皮
漫游太空29天
迈克·马西米诺
will go flying around.
就会四散飘零
It doesn't just become something in your sock,
那不仅仅变成你袜子里的一些东西
but it becomes a floating cloud of unused dead skin
而是变成了一团由死皮组成的云雾
and that's a really good day to have taken off your sock
那真是美好的一天 当你脱掉你的袜子
right next to an air intake
把它放在进气口旁
so that you can just sort of turn your head
稍稍将你的头转开
and then go get the vacuum cleaner
然后拿着真空吸尘器
and vacuum up the sole of your own foot.
吸走你脚底那些脏东西
But the clock is always ticking.
但时光荏苒
Cells can only repair so many times before it has a failure.
细胞成功进行自我修复的次数有限
Each time a cell replicates, small errors creep in
细胞每次复♥制♥ 都有些小差错悄然发生
and along with other wear and tear,
再加之一些其他的损耗
over time, this damage builds up.
随着时间推移 这种损伤会慢慢堆积
And when you have enough of that failure,
当复♥制♥错误达到一定数量
when it accumulates, it's the end of life.
各种错误累积在一起 就是生命的终结时刻
That's why we die.
这就是死亡的奥秘
Making a new creature can be easier than mending an old one.
创造新生可比匡救弥缝简单
That's the best way to keep your genes going, knowing that,
这也是延续我们基因的最好方法 但就算知道这个
doesn't make it any easier when the end comes.
也丝毫不能推迟死亡的到来
印度尼西亚
苏拉威西岛
族长
帕帕·印加
汲汲于生或汲汲于死":劝诫人们活在当下,出自电影《肖申克的救赎》]
"Get Busy Living, Get Busy Dying"
You know, you really need death in order to have this complex world that we have.
我们需要死亡来使我们的世界复杂化
It sort of is the arbitrator;
算是一种仲裁者
by having death you have new life taking its place
用新生替代死亡
and probably an improved form of that life.
说不定是对生命的升华
加利福尼亚州
莱 克 县
OK, Mission Alpha.
好的 任务A
Make your way back, you have a spot fire behind the line.
回退 线路后方有处火点
Do you hear those gunshots?
你听见那些枪声了吗
There's probably ammo in that shed.
那间屋子里可能有弹♥药♥
Stay away from there.
别靠近那儿
Every firefighter has a respect for fire, a fear for fire.
每个消防员都对火怀有敬畏
消防队长
卢卡斯·斯皮尔曼
As you start fighting that fire, you're right up close to it.
与火的斗争一旦开始 你就得与之零距离接触
The sound, it's overwhelming.
那声音震耳欲聋
You can't see very well, your eyes are burning, your lungs are burning.
你的视线会变得模糊 眼睛和肺也有着烧灼感
It just doesn't care what it burns;
根本不用去管什么被烧坏了
vegetation, people's property.
植物也好 或是财物
It's extremely unforgiving.
满目疮痍
Fires do kill but you have to realise
烈火着实会毁灭一切 但你必须意识到
there is a sense of health that does come from firesafter the fact.
新的生命也从熊熊大火中孕育而出
It burns dead trees and death away on the ground
大火摧毁了地上的枯树
and then it allows new things to grow.
同时也让新生命在这片灰烬中生长
It is a part of nature and what it does.
这是大自然的规律
Death is a necessary part of the cycle of life.
死亡是生命周期中必不可少的一部分
Mother Nature kills to regrow life.
大自然通过死亡来再生
漫游太空24天
利兰·梅尔文
It's death that provides the window of opportunity for new forms of life to occur.
死亡为生命新形式的出现提供了一扇窗户
漫游太空166天
查里斯·哈德菲尔德
Death-life, death-life, death-life and it helps to perpetuate things
生死循环制衡万物
and improve things on the planet.
并令其得以进化
Nature takes us all in the end but She doesn't do it to be cruel,
大自然终将带走我们 但她并不是残忍♥的
getting rid of the old makes way for the new.
清除衰老为新生让路
On planet earth, death is not the end,
在地球上 死亡并不是终点
this is not a wasteful world, the dead feed the living.
这个星球不主张浪费 死亡孕育着生命
俄♥罗♥斯♥东部
堪察加半岛
We all know it's a one way trip when salmon go to spawn.
我们都知道 鲑鱼产卵有去无回
No one knows that more than the Kamchatkans.
但没人比堪察加半岛居民更熟悉
Every year to mark the return of the fish, they hold a dance
每年为了庆祝鱼的洄游 他们载歌♥载舞
to celebrate the connection between life, sex and death.
来庆祝生 死与性间的关联
It's an endurance event.
这是考验耐力的盛会
Like the salmon, they bop till they drop.
就像鲑鱼一样 他们舞动至精疲力尽
勘察加舞者
彼得 & 爱丽娜·涅斯捷罗夫
The bears and the fishermen get a bounty but they're not the only ones
熊和渔民们捡食这些死鲑鱼 但他们并不是唯一
who feast on the dead.
享受这些美餐的生物
You know, earth is really just waiting for you to drop dead so that it can recycle
地球静候着你的死亡 以便于回收
漫游太空143天
杰瑞·林恩格
you and use all your parts in some other form of life.
利用你的给养来灌溉其它生命
Salmon are packed with an element that is essential for life and that's nitrogen.
鲑鱼富含一种对生命至关重要的元素 氮
Salmon die and then the trees use the nitrogen as a type of fertiliser,
鲑鱼死后 植物将其中的氮素视为养分
the animal body decomposing being used by plants.
进而动物尸体经分解被植物利用
The trees pick up the nitrogen and they flourish.
树木吸收氮后方能茁壮生长
Those elements are now part of the ecosystem
如今这些元素组成了生态系统的一部分
and they help out other parts of the ecosystem.
同时也给其它部分提供帮助
Without the salmon, you don't have the forest.
没有鲑鱼 这片森林也将不复存在
Everything benefits from this banquet of nitrogen.
世间万物都受益于氮的馈赠
Living things on earth, they are interdependent on each other and they are interwoven.
地球上的生物相互依存 相互交织
I think as an astronaut looking down at earth,
当你以一个宇航员的角度俯瞰地球时
you understand that this world is interconnected
你会明白这个世界是相互连接的
you know, you realize this is one heck of a system down there
你会惊异于下面的地球系统
and you're just in awe of it.
自然而然你会对它充满敬畏
We used to think the world was flat.
我们曾经以为世界是平的
We like to think about things in straight lines; birth, life, death, period.
我们惯于用线性思维理解出生 活着 死亡 句号♥
But that's not really how it works,
但其实并不是这么一回事
you need to take that line and bend it into a circle;
你需要把那个直线弯成一个圈
birth, life, death, birth, life, death
出生 活着 死亡 又出生 活着 死亡
so what does that mean for us?
所以这到底对我们意味着什么
Dad passed away before I was launched into space but I'll tell you,
在登上太空之前我父亲就去世了 但我告诉你
I was up on that Mir Space Station
在我登上和平号♥空间站后
and I could just sense my dad's presence there.
我能感觉到我父亲就在那儿
And almost out of the corner of my eye, it's almost like I'm seeing him.
在我眼角的余光中 我仿佛看到了他
漫游太空143天
杰瑞·林恩格
And I was almost afraid to look 'cause I thought if I look,
但我又不敢定睛去看 因为我怕去看的时候
he won't be there
他却不在那儿
but by not looking, just feeling his presence, he's sort of telling me,
通过感觉到他的存在而不是看到 他告诉我
he's proud, he's glad I made it.
他为我做到这一切而感到骄傲
It was sort of a psychological support for me up there
对身处太空的我来说
and I had his presence there probably
这其实是一种精神上的支持
you know, 4 or 5 times near my time in space when I needed it,
当我需要的时候 他四五次出现在了我的身边
it was something I could draw upon.
这是我可以寄托的
My father's time on this earth has come to an end
虽然我父亲已不在人世
but I find comfort in knowing
但我很欣慰地知道
that he still lives on
他其实还"活着"
because on our strange rock,nothing is ever truly gone.
神秘星球上 一切都未曾真正地离开过
He is forever a part of one beautiful pattern of life.
他永存于生命的美妙
印度北部
斯皮蒂谷
藏族佛僧
达瓦·桑珠 喇♥嘛♥
You're just a speck in this long time line of life on earth.
你只是地球生命历史长河里的一粒微尘
We don't really think of the string of events that had to take place for us to exist today.
我们并未真正思考过 是怎样的沧海桑田 才换来了我们的存在
From the survivors of those mass extinctions, to the cycles of death
从大灭绝的幸存者 到死亡循环
that keep the planet so alive today,
共同造就了地球如今的生机
a million migrating salmon, a billion mating mayflies in the sky,
百万迁徙的鲑鱼 十亿只在空中交♥配♥的蜉蝣
mixing the genes and all those combination and permutations.
使基因混合在一起 进行排列组合
Yet all those different things had to weave together,
所有不同事物必然会交织在一起
all those chance meetings had to take place.
任何事情都有可能发生
Grandparents coming over from the Old Country, that all had to happen.
祖父母移♥民♥而来 那也是过去所避免不了的
In my father's life, he had to survive World War II,
对我父亲来说 他是个二战幸免儿
you know his best friend Jerry did not survive,
但他最好的朋友杰瑞却死于二战
that's why I'm Jerry, you know, named after my dad's best friend.
这也是我叫杰瑞的原因 取自父亲挚友之名
If you look in a history book, there's nothing special about my dad,
如果你去翻阅历史书籍 你会发现我父亲毫无功勋
he's not gonna be in there but he influenced my life
他不会在那些书里 但他影响了我的一生
and he was somebody who always told me
他总是告诉我
you can be anything you set your mind to
有志者事竟成
剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表