剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表
I'm going to tell you about
我即将向你介绍
the most incredible place
这世上最难以置信的地方
it might be the weirdest place in the whole universe
这里也许是全宇宙中 最怪异的地方了
full of liquid rock, crystal caves
遍布岩浆 溶洞
and alien landscapes
以及各种奇异的景象
and you know what
然而你知道吗
you're walking on it
你正走在它上面
we think we know our home but
我们自以为对家园了如指掌
once you've seen it from space it hits you
但直到你从太空中看向它后才发现并不是
I really wish
我真心希望
that everyone could see the world
所有人都能够有机会
the way that I've had a chance to see it
以我拥有过的视角来观察地球
first you look at it and
当你第一眼望向它时
really are wondering what it even is that you're seeing
你还在为眼前的景象疑惑
just like I lived my whole life in a semi dark room
就像我一生都住在灰暗的房♥间里
and somebody flipped on the lights
突然间有人帮我开了灯
a living breathing working planet
一个生机勃勃的星球
it's all just so wonderfully unlikely
它的一切都显得不可思议
and yet it's here
然而它确实存在
eight astronauts
八名宇航员
with over a thousand days in space between them
通过太空中的千日之旅
can tell us how being up there
告诉我们 身处外层空间
helped them to truly understand
是如何改变
what goes on down here
他们对地球的看法的
The weird connections
那些奇异结合
the near misses
天缘凑巧
the lucky breaks
蓬勃迸发
that built our amazing world
造就了我们的奇妙世界
The strangest place in the whole universe
全宇宙中最神秘的地方
might just be right here
也许就是这里了
I'll be ready this morning, all right, here you go.
我今早可是准备好了
Have some fun.
好好玩
We take Earth for granted
我们想当然地看待地球
we take so much for granted
我们轻视许多事物
In fact there's one thing that comes so naturally
事实上 有一件非常自然的事情
we don't even think about it
是我们从来不会去想的
breathing
呼吸
but if you knew even half of what it takes
但只要你稍微了解一下
to make the oxygen we need
我们所需氧气的创造过程
it would take your breath away
事实便会令你屏息
you want to know about breathing
如果你想更深入了解呼吸
ask this guy
可以问问这个人
漫游太空166天
查尔斯·哈德菲尔德
my first spacewalk
我首次太空行走时
holding on to the outside of the spaceship
紧紧抓着宇宙飞船的外部
with nothing except the sound of my own breathing
除了自己的呼吸声外 太空中寂然无声
in my one hand is my entire link with my own history
我的命运全然掌握在自己手里
everything that's human
这头是一切关于人类的事物
every story that's going on down on the surface of the world
一切在我身下 发生在地球表面的故事
everybody I've ever met
我认识的所有人
with the whole universe in the other direction
另一头 是整个宇宙
and then
然后
I let go
我松了手
that's when you really appreciate
这时候你才能够真正领会到
the significance of that thin blue line
那条蓝色细线的意义
it contains everything that's important to us
它包含了一切我们离不开的东西
it contains life
它包含了生命
and then Houston called to get back to work
然后 休斯顿发来信♥号♥♥ 让我回去工作
I grabbed back onto the handrail
于是我抓着扶手回去
but while I was working suddenly
在我工作的时候 突然间
I had a searing pain in my left eye
我的左眼一阵灼烧般的疼痛
like somebody had just stabbed me
就像有人猛扎了我的眼睛
my eye just snapped shut and it started tearing up
我的眼睛紧闭 泪如泉涌
but the trouble is without gravity
然而问题是 在无重力的环境里
tears don't fall
眼泪无法流下来
the tear just gets bigger and bigger
眼泪只能在眼中变得越来越大
got big enough that it became
最后大到足以形成
a little lake of water that went
一小片"湖泊" 从一只眼睛
across the bridge of my nose into my other eye
越过鼻梁 汇入另一只眼睛里
so I called down to Houston
我呼叫了休斯顿
"Houston I'm having a problem here"
"休斯顿 我遇到麻烦了"
"I can't see I'm blinded in both eyes"
"我看不见 我两只眼睛都瞎了"
"What did he just say, he's blind?"
"他说什么 他瞎了"
Houston looked at what all the symptoms were
休斯顿分♥析♥了所有的症状后说道
and said maybe it's the worst case problem
也许这是遇到了最坏情况
you may have contamination in your suit
你的太空服可能受到了污染
and you're gonna have to flush it out
你需要手动将它冲出去
I reached up, turn this little valve
于是我抬起手 扭开了阀门
popped it and suddenly could hear
取开它后 突然间我能听到
as my precious supply of oxygen hissed out
那是我宝贵氧气泄漏的声音
into the empty vacuum of space
就那么泄漏在了真空之中
there is nothing more natural than breathing
没有什么比呼吸来得更加自然
yet as far as we know
然而据我们所知
this is the only planet where that happens
这个星球是唯一有呼吸发生的地方
the only planet with an oxygen-rich environment
唯一具有富足氧气环境的星球
without that
没有它
life would be something very different indeed
生命将会是全然不同的样子
埃塞俄比亚
达洛尔
天体生物学家
菲利普·戈麦斯·戈麦斯
this is Felipe's favorite place
这里是菲利普最喜爱的地方
even though the air is toxic
即使这里空气是有毒的
the ground spits acid
地面有酸喷出
and there is no fresh water
并且找不到淡水
no birds sing here no insects fly no plants grow
无虫鸣 无鸟叫 寸草不生
it it's hard to imagine anywhere less inviting
难以想象比这里更不易生存的地方了
but Philippe has found one thing
但是菲利普却找到了一种
that calls this hellhole home
适合生存在这里的生物
and it doesn't use oxygen
它不需要利用氧气
it lives in a lake of acid
只需生活在酸性的湖泊中
It's hard to imagine sometimes just how important oxygen is to us
有时很难想象 氧化供能
as the way to release energy.
对于人类有多重要
Every time I breathe in,
吸入的每一口氧气
oxygen rich air mixes with the food I've eaten,
都会和我吃下去的食物混合
and creates energy
并合成能量
Power that enables larger more complex creatures to exist.
这使得更庞大更复杂的生物得以生存
Our planet is literally bursting with life.
我们的地球真的已经挤满了生命体
So how on earth is there enough oxygen for everyone.
所以究竟是否有足够每个人呼吸的氧气
The answer takes in some pretty surprising stuff.
答案包含一些非常惊人的东西
Giant dust storms, tiny snowflakes, flying rivers,
大到沙尘飓风 小到玲珑雪花 巨量的植物蒸腾
and the most important living thing you've never heard of.
以及你前所未闻的最重要事项
But it begins in a desert.
但这一切 源于一片沙漠
非洲东部
达纳基尔部落
a desert made of salt
一片盐筑的沙漠
盐商
基达内·贝雷
The people here rely on this desert and so do we.
这里的人们依赖这片沙漠 我们也是
But not because of the salt.
但并不是因为这里的盐
Dust storms can be pretty amazing when you see them from space
沙尘暴从太空中看会显得格外奇妙
and sometimes they're huge.
有时会非常庞大壮观
漫游太空50天
杰夫·霍夫曼
You know I had seen little dust storms blowing
你知道吗 我见过小沙尘暴
and you kind of look hard.
需要很用力地看
This you didn't need to look hard.
但这个并不需要使劲看
It was a continent of northern Africa basically
这简直就是北非的一块
obscured by thick brown dust.
被厚厚的棕黄尘埃湮灭的大♥陆♥
漫游太空143天
杰里·林恩格
And as I orbited I couldn't wait to come back.
当我沿轨道巡航时 就等不及想再回来看看了
And when I did
等我再转回来时看到
I saw that dust storm that was over Africa now over the Atlantic Ocean.
本来覆盖非洲大♥陆♥的沙尘风暴已经到了大西洋
And my next orbit I see it hitting
下一个周期再转回来
the coast of South America.
已经到了南美洲海岸
剧集 | 被点亮的星球(2018) | 导航列表